Irish Poker Boards
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Poker > Poker Theory, Strategy and Rulings > Tournament Poker
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-11-11, 19:00   #21
Tremolo1
Member
 
Tremolo1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylucky View Post
SNGplayer24 was saying he uses another training site PokerXFactor - anyone know anything about it?
Haven't used it myself but heard its the best mtt training site out there from reliable sources
Tremolo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 18-11-11, 19:26   #22
Laois Hammer
Irish Iron
 
Laois Hammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Portlaoise
Posts: 1,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylucky View Post
letting worse hands get away too easily
shaggyj talked about this aswel saying that what seperates the good from the great players is they keep people in with worse alot more and have more confidence taking unorthodox lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylucky View Post
SNGplayer24 was saying he uses another training site PokerXFactor - anyone know anything about it?
Im a member on there and there is some great content, the amount i recommend it i should be on commission, theres lectures about reshoving / 3betting light /4betting etc.
The icm stuff on there that eric 'sheets' haber done will never be out dated.

Also like Fergal mentioned theres videos by doubledave22 and also some good vids by ajk himself [recording himself while hes playing is great for seeing thought processes].

Theres two live hh reviews everyweek where sheets has the mic and everyone else is in a chatbox going over a members hh, i got mine done 1 week and it didnt record

this is the last couple weeks worth of videos, on the days there isnt a video theres a live review or live lecture
Doubledave22 Part 3: Post Flop Thought Process Yesterday   
 LECT Video (36m)  
Beanmo Part 1: SNG Rewind - Six Max SNGs 11-16-2011   
 SNG Video (44m)  
Mathclub Part 1: Online MTTs - Party, Paradise, OnGame 11-15-2011   
 MTT Video (29m)  
Gutshtallin Part 2: WPT Borgata Trip Report 11-13-2011   
 MTT Video (36m)  
AJKHoosier1 Part 1: PLO Leakfinder 11-12-2011   
 LEAK Video (41m)  
Doubledave22 Part 2: Post Flop Thought Process 11-10-2011   
 LECT Video (32m)  
Beanmo Part 2: ICM Tax 11-09-2011   
 LECT Video (44m)  
Fox Part 5: Beating Micro Limit Tournaments 11-08-2011   
 NEW Video (12m)  
Gutshtallin Part 1: WPT Borgata Trip Report 11-06-2011   
 MTT Video (40m)  
AJKHoosier1 Part 1: PLO Leakfinder 11-05-2011  
__________________

Last edited by Laois Hammer; 18-11-11 at 19:29.
Laois Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 18-11-11, 20:14   #23
RoadSweeper
Member
 
RoadSweeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,968
Important to have a coach that can teach.
All the trophies in the world don't mean they can articulate and teach concepts.
As the coaches for a sample video of thier coach (the ones not working with training site.) On the training sites, find a coaches style you like and approach them.
RoadSweeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 19-11-11, 10:39   #24
doke
But its only dollars, right?
 
doke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: My house usually
Posts: 1,261
I know he coaches so for any Irish person looking for someone who crushes both live here and online.....Jason Tompkins imo, aka blaaaaaaaah (not sure how many a's on this site, sorry Joz).
__________________
My poker blog - Doking around in cyberspace
doke is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Thanks From:
Old 19-11-11, 18:51   #25
luckylucky
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by doke View Post
I know he coaches so for any Irish person looking for someone who crushes both live here and online.....Jason Tompkins imo, aka blaaaaaaaah (not sure how many a's on this site, sorry Joz).
Didn't know he did coaching. Anyway be interested to hear his rates. Speaking of which the money these coaches are charging, and I'm not saying they're wrong or overcharging, but it's a tempting proposition to get into...
luckylucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-11, 01:05   #26
blaaaaaaah
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylucky View Post
Didn't know he did coaching. Anyway be interested to hear his rates. Speaking of which the money these coaches are charging, and I'm not saying they're wrong or overcharging, but it's a tempting proposition to get into...
Sry guys didn't see these posts until Alan mc told me today.

@ Doke, ty for the suggestion sir much appreciated, I actually haven't been doing it since a year ago, only took on 2 ppl and found it hard to get my methods across prob due to lack of structuring. So I kinda burnt out away from it because it was gonna be too time consuming.

@ luckylucky, yeah I agree with the amounts being charged, I found it hard to charge what possibly I should have be charging. It does feel high priced but imo like was said earlier if you find the right coach that suits the way you play or would like to play then I'd defo spend the money.

My main approach to games is somewhat different to most regs, I'd be talking along the lines of only 4 tabling max just me personally so I keep track of everyone, I wouldn't be giving advice on multitabling more than that because it would be very dependant on holdem manager, which I bearly use (Kowby classes me as a purist lol) so I'd be no good to you that way.

Actually simply I'll just list what I would coach on:
Deepstack play v fish & regs
20bb stacks v fish & regs
3betting spots, I see more live than I do online but that's maybe due to higher standard online.
Setting up a table image
Overall bunch of different theory's, styles and spots.

All includes every position on the table. Normally also I would add 'id do this to for online n this for live...etc for each spots'.

I would stil charge pretty high, basically I've no big interest just slight one n will prob only do it for proper $$$ these days. Also expected is keeping what u take from the session to yourself can't be letting that type of info out for free. I would say in honesty take one of these specialist coaches before myself because I would be inexperienced. It would be like villa boas v Alex ferguson
__________________
Huh, Math my dear boy is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

My Poker Blog http://jason-tompkins.blogspot.com
My twitter http://twitter.com/#!/blaaaaaah666
blaaaaaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 21-11-11, 11:32   #27
luckylucky
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaaaaaaah View Post
@ luckylucky, yeah I agree with the amounts being charged, I found it hard to charge what possibly I should have be charging. It does feel high priced but imo like was said earlier if you find the right coach that suits the way you play or would like to play then I'd defo spend the money.
Yeah if it can bring tangible benefits then defo worth spending. As you say it's a matter of finding the right coach also or perhaps even coaches so you're getting more than one expert's take on things.

Also handy to review hand histories with other good players. I was on Skype there yesterday with LaoisHammer and we went over 2 trickyish hands I played. It was useful for both of us I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaaaaaaah View Post
My main approach to games is somewhat different to most regs, I'd be talking along the lines of only 4 tabling max just me personally so I keep track of everyone,
I rarely play more than 3 -4 at a time these days, for the above reason and primarily coz I'm using a trackball which I hate but I got RSI so can't use the mouse easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaaaaaaah View Post
I would stil charge pretty high, basically I've no big interest just slight one n will prob only do it for proper $$$ these days. Also expected is keeping what u take from the session to yourself can't be letting that type of info out for free. I would say in honesty take one of these specialist coaches before myself because I would be inexperienced. It would be like villa boas v Alex ferguson
tbh to do anything well it helps a lot if you really like what you do imo, let's put it this way and this is not addressed to you per se but as the client I'd prefer to go to a good player who was an enthusiastic and decent coach who charged moderate fees than to a very good player player who was half hearted or even a disinterested coach who was charging high fees coz it was a bit of a drag to do coaching so he wanted to get paid appropriately. Ideally of course the coach would be both an excellent player and enthusiastic coach and not charging nosebleed fees.

Anyway maybe coaching is something you'll be more interested in a bit further down the line. I have to admit I'm a bit intrigued about doing it myself but I want to tap into the knowledge of some of these coaches before l'd seriously think about going there myself.

Last edited by luckylucky; 21-11-11 at 11:34.
luckylucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-11, 20:34   #28
blaaaaaaah
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,150
Yeah that's cool, just so ppl know if I was taking on ppl I would not do half arsed attempt or anything you outlined, I would of course be hugely committed, do not doubt that part, but as overall setting up coaching full time I would not have any interest in. Hope I cleared that up.

Unfortunatly I can't recommend any good coaches personally mate, haven't tried any in nl only in plo.

Gl with it tho.
__________________
Huh, Math my dear boy is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

My Poker Blog http://jason-tompkins.blogspot.com
My twitter http://twitter.com/#!/blaaaaaah666
blaaaaaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-11, 20:41   #29
Downtown
Member
 
Downtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mexico
Posts: 1,956
What are the payment options for poker x factor?
Downtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-11, 20:42   #30
Tremolo1
Member
 
Tremolo1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 460
Direct from site:
Description Amount
$119.95 Sign-up Fee (Non-Subscribers) $119.95
$24.95 Monthly Subscription

* Starting: Today

$24.95
Total: $144.90
Tremolo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 21-11-11, 20:58   #31
Downtown
Member
 
Downtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mexico
Posts: 1,956
cool, just signed up. Bout time! looks great. Lots of different coaches and endless hours of training videos. Also easy to navigate. will report back in a few days
Downtown is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Thanks From:
Old 22-11-11, 02:13   #32
alanmc101
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 422
Neverscaredb was mentioned a while back in the thread, didnt know he did coaching till now. Hes ben willinofsky who shipped berlin this yr and was hugely impressive in that tourney, also a huge online mttr, worth lookin at barry for sure.

Also does anyone use deucescracked much? Who are the best mtt coaches on it to look out for? So far ive found the cash vids to be pretty good, some of those 2 months/2 million boys are on it but its pretty much all nl cash. The only mttr ive found useful on it is vanessa selsbt, ill keep surfin around but if ppl know it'd be helpful.
alanmc101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-11, 11:12   #33
Tremolo1
Member
 
Tremolo1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmc101 View Post
Neverscaredb was mentioned a while back in the thread, didnt know he did coaching till now. Hes ben willinofsky who shipped berlin this yr and was hugely impressive in that tourney, also a huge online mttr, worth lookin at barry for sure.

Also does anyone use deucescracked much? Who are the best mtt coaches on it to look out for? So far ive found the cash vids to be pretty good, some of those 2 months/2 million boys are on it but its pretty much all nl cash. The only mttr ive found useful on it is vanessa selsbt, ill keep surfin around but if ppl know it'd be helpful.
NeverScaredb's coaching profile: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/18...aching-940223/

DC's doesn't have the best mtt content imo, although i think IWEARGOGGLES' stuff is quite good imo and then daaaaaaang16 for micros mtt players.
Tremolo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 19-01-12, 18:42   #34
markc
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtown View Post
cool, just signed up. Bout time! looks great. Lots of different coaches and endless hours of training videos. Also easy to navigate. will report back in a few days
Any feedback on that site Downtown?
markc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-12, 20:15   #35
Jam-Fly
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,907
just wondering when people do coaching sessions, what's involved? is it sending the coach a tournament HH and having them pick out flaws that can be improved? is it generally talking about the game and analyzing situations? generally, do most coaches take charge and teach you, or is it usually a case of student asking questions and teacher answering? I know all coaches are different, but I've never done coaching before so would be interested to hear different processes.
also, is it all done through skype?
Jam-Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-12, 20:36   #36
Midnitekowby
Member
 
Midnitekowby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam-Fly View Post
just wondering when people do coaching sessions, what's involved? is it sending the coach a tournament HH and having them pick out flaws that can be improved? is it generally talking about the game and analyzing situations? generally, do most coaches take charge and teach you, or is it usually a case of student asking questions and teacher answering? I know all coaches are different, but I've never done coaching before so would be interested to hear different processes.
also, is it all done through skype?
i went through a combo of skype voice chat and teamviewer, so way we did it was he'd load up a recent hh i sent his way in universal replayer..obv one you go deep in is better+ with some interesting spots.

and he'd just play thru hands and chat about diff lines i couldve taken, a real good idea if your thinking of lessons is to save all tough spots/situs where your stuck in pokerhand.org and send them onto coach for review, so you get straight to it rather than goin thru all standards spots in a hh..

but ya just let em rabble on and interject when your got questions or get them onto topics you wanna discuss more indepth

might take a couple of leesons to get both of ye into right groove but if you have a good coach he'll spot where your going wrong in no time and focus on those areas
__________________


Last edited by Midnitekowby; 19-01-12 at 20:40.
Midnitekowby is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Reply

  Irish Poker Boards > Poker > Poker Theory, Strategy and Rulings > Tournament Poker

Bookmarks

Tags
coach

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 14:53.