Is the river even close?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the river even close?

Can't make up my mind about this river spot, I checked with the intention of snapping off the river and then he jams 4x pot and sticks me in on a river where all draws missed and I'm never very strong. I had looked up villain prior to the hand and he was breakeven (-2% roi) over 4k games at €20 ave buy-in, which means he's pretty bad given the softness of Winamax but I'v no history at all and only played 10 or so hands.

4max €30 Tourney on Winamax
    Blinds 500/1000 (100)

Hero (62k)
    Button/Villain (71k)
    BB (26k)

I open utg with AQ to 2055.
    Villain on button calls as does BB.

Flop Q56

Pot 7065
    I bet 3711.
    Button calls and BB folds.

Pot 14,487
    Turn K

I check/he checks back.

Pot 14,487
    River 5

I check, with the intention of snapping off a river bet given all draws missed. He shoves 65k.

Is anyone ever calling or is it a radiculous spot to hero? I just can't put him on a hand at all bar missed draws with no showdown and I'v given him a super weak looking line?

As played I fold but see little reason to check turn

Comment

Weird spot. I'm very tempted to call since he can't have a 5 with either a front or back door flush draw. I find generally that if your intention is to induce a bluff then you should follow through with a call irregardless of the amount, always remember that a bluff will be sized in order for you to fold.

Call for me given the draws miss etc.

Comment

think its definitely a fold, if villain was trying to bluff he could be pot over even overbet pot if he wanted to.
        he never shoves here for 4x the pot as a bluff, he 'thinks' hes trying to make it look like a bluff.
        if you call he'll show up here with random x5 hands more often than anything.
        But think we need to bet the turn, the K is more a scary card for him than us.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
          Weird spot. I'm very tempted to call since he can't have a 5 with either a front or back door flush draw. I find generally that if your intention is to induce a bluff then you should follow through with a call irregardless of the amount, always remember that a bluff will be sized in order for you to fold.

Call for me given the draws miss etc.
          I would completely agree in theory and have done exactly as you said in so many spots. You have to be right like 44-45% of the time to make it a break even call. I probably now fold in game but definitely merit in both in my eyes.

Comment

Call it off very quickly in my opinion.
            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

You've shown no strength at all in the hand. It's Winamax, it's 4 handed, and players don't generally fold ATC to a cbet. He's probably trying to get you off Ax, maybe ever 22-44. Villain has no reason to believe that you're going to call a 4x pot shove so I don't see him doing it for value. It looks like spaz to me and I'd call.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                I find generally that if your intention is to induce a bluff then you should follow through with a call irregardless of the amount, always remember that a bluff will be sized in order for you to fold.
                This is true but also most people are trying to get the best price on their bluffs - while also betting enough for you to fold. Hero looks very weak so imo it doesn't look like a 4x river bet is required to win - although we know hero was snapping any standard bet. While I see the merits of calling - all draws missed - 10 hands on a guy who's breakeven/slight loser isn't a whole lot to go on. Is everyone snapping with A6/99/22 here too if we get to river like this?

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                  You've shown no strength at all in the hand. It's Winamax, it's 4 handed, and players don't generally fold ATC to a cbet. He's probably trying to get you off Ax, maybe ever 22-44. Villain has no reason to believe that you're going to call a 4x pot shove so I don't see him doing it for value. It looks like spaz to me and I'd call.
                  Yeah I was gonna say it being Winamax probably makes it a call.
                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Working...
                  X