• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flopped trips and now facing a river shove

IPO Day 1

Details RE stack sizes and blinds are a little sketchy

Blinds 150/300

UTG (Eoin O'Shea - was playing very tight at the time) opens for 700 (31K)
    Hero (playing shite) calls with AJ suited (19k)
    MP (calley callerson) calls (50k)
    SB and BB fold

Flop Ad 8d Ac

UTG cbets to 1300
    Hero raises to 4k
    MP calls
    UTG calls

Turn 5d

Check/check/check

River 10x

UTG jams
    hero ?

Seem like an easy fold since mp looks like he has a flush and either you or Eoin could be full.

Comment

I think is a fold.
      Can't imagine you are ahead here often.
      I'm not sure who Eoin O'Shea is, but if he is playing tight I can't imagine his trying to get an airball through on hat board, esp with cally callerson behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
        Seem like an easy fold since mp looks like he has a flush and either you or Eoin could be full.
        Strange that MP doent bet his flush in position on the turn?

Anyway fold for me against an anyway compitant player which Eoin is. Id expect to see 88 a lot hoping to get paid by a bad players flush.

Even though its a re-entry and you like the high variance route sometimes what with your flamboyant shirts id be surprised at you making the call

Comment

Seems like an easy fold

Comment

Fold river. I prefer to flat the flop.

Comment

Really don't like the flop raise. What was the plan?

I don't think I've a raising range on that flop, maybe 88 vs a massive fish who will stack off light with AK/AQ but I'm flatting nearly always.

Really easy fold now and expect utg to only ever have 88/A10.

Comment

Originally posted by LTL View Post
                Really don't like the flop raise. What was the plan?

I don't think I've a raising range on that flop, maybe 88 vs a massive fish who will stack off light with AK/AQ but I'm flatting nearly always.

Really easy fold now and expect utg to only ever have 88/A10.
                Getting it in with ak or AQ on a aa8 flop is hardly stacking off light.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                  Getting it in with ak or AQ on a aa8 flop is hardly stacking off light.
                  I'm talking about playing for stacks over 3 streets. Are you happy getting it in with AQ vs someone who's raised a utg openers cbet on AA8dd and continued barrelling on say 9c/6h?

Comment

The flop raise was to get value from weaker aces, mickey mouse flush draws and smaller PPs. All of which are in calley callerson's range. If UTG over shoves, then GG me.

Anyway,
                    I fold and cally callerson folds flashing an ace.

Comment

can't imagine worse than AJ does this for value and would be pretty audacious bluff vs 2 opponents so think this is a pretty easy fold. If pot was HU (from start) would be a lot trickier spot imo.

Also don't really mind the flop raise if you have an active image as looks bluffy and flatting looks strong; plenty worse hands will stick around on flop unless you're viewed as a rock

Comment

Working...
                      X