Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread - (Horses Betting Obv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Friday Night Fancy at delightful Dundalk is Poitin in the 9.00.

We'll be drinking something smoother if this nag stages a revival at 20/1.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
      Word for Lady De Vesci in the last @ Dundalk 7/2 best priced currently
      That was beautiful

Comment

Word for Lady De Vesci in the last @ Dundalk 7/2 best priced currently
        Did it nicely cheers for the tip.

Comment

Going for Guitar Pete in the 1.55 Chelts. 9s with PP paying nearly half the field (6 of 14) is amazing value.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyCascarino View Post
            Going for Guitar Pete in the 1.55 Chelts. 9s with PP paying nearly half the field (6 of 14) is amazing value.
            Paying exactly half the field now as down to 12 runners & still 6 places

Comment

Today I will be mostly following Brain Power right off the cliff ...
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                The winning distance did him no justice. He was 20 lengths the best horse. The 25/1 for a Champion Hurlde is too big imo.
                Yeah, looks like one of the better ew chances at this stage, not too ground dependant and today shows that the track itself isn't a problem for him.
                Such a lovely horse, great to see him showing his ability.
                I'll be a bit disappointed if he doesn't get back chasing at some stage... ending upside down in three out of five attempts speaks for itself but I always expected Henderson to sort him out.

Comment

Vintage Clouds looks a project for the Grand National @ 25/1, I can very easily see him being Fav on the day. He ticks every box.

Comment

Got a shout for Koybig tomorrow night in Dundalk in the 6.00. Short enough though.

Comment

Handicapper seems to have been quite kind to Holiday Magic who run in first at Southwell today. Was pretty competitive at track earlier in the year off 89 in far better company than today where he looks thrown in off 69 after a handful of quiet rides recently.

Should be 6/4ish here imo.
                      Last edited by The Situation; 21-12-18, 09:50.
                      Profit before people.

Comment

Instant smile 3.10 limerick
                        Told to back ew
                        Good luck all today

Comment

Getting eaten up down to 8/1.
                          Tiger voice in the first looks an Ew shout
                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Coney Island Leopardstown Friday
                            Told to back early
                            20/1 at the moment
                            Last edited by balfejohn; 26-12-18, 23:49. Reason: Wrong name given

Comment

Moskovite in the 2.35 Limerick is my bet of the day. 4s

Comment

#rubyatthelast
                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                  #rubyatthelast
                                  Always at it
                                  Must be easier to hide in limerick

Comment

#rubyatthelast
                                    You'd have to feel sorry for him. I'm sure those who had it in multiples wont.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                      Great ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                        Word for Pampushka 7.30 Dundalk E/W. But the text read 14s-16s. Much shorter now.
                                        I see it's running in the 1st in Leopardstown today, similar price and shortening, I didn't hear anything, it just caught my eye.

Comment

#rubyatthelast

Jack Kennedy day

Comment

Jack Kennedy day
                                            Not often I feel sorry for Ruby but he gave that a great ride, Bacardy's simply can't jump, he nursed him around lovely and asked him for one jump and he couldn't do it

Comment

Bog War @25s in the next. None of these short-priced favs for this punter.

I was feeling good about this one until I opened the Irish Times and saw Brian O'Connor had tipped it. Docket in fire.

Comment

Jack Kennedy day
                                                Oh yes

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                                                  Not often I feel sorry for Ruby but he gave that a great ride, Bacardy's simply can't jump, he nursed him around lovely and asked him for one jump and he couldn't do it
                                                  ...What about this fall lol...Also apples jade is something very fucking special...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                    ...What about this fall lol...
                                                    Laugh out loud with Faugheen still on the ground is a bad form tbh

Comment

Laugh out loud with Faugheen still on the ground is a bad form tbh
                                                      ...Posted it after they said he was up...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                        ...Posted it after they said she was up...
                                                        Ah don't mind me, my heart was genuinely in my mouth, love the horse and it looked bad at the time

Comment

I'm hearing that Limerick is delayed because the Doc and Ambulance went to bring Jamie Codd to hospital and there is no other doc or ambulance at the track to cover!
                                                          WTF

GL to Jamie looked like he got a nasty kick after falling.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                            Bog War @25s in the next. None of these short-priced favs for this punter.

I was feeling good about this one until I opened the Irish Times and saw Brian O'Connor had tipped it. Docket in fire.
                                                            Sticking it in an rfc with Bothar Dubh

LOL Ted just gave out about Weld not wearing a tie and said 'He's not slow to pat himself on the back'
                                                            Like poles repel is a phrase that springs to mind

Comment

Right, let's get aboard the Dead Parrot express to recover the loots here.

Comment

Is Brian Gleeson trying to brand himself as the Marty Morrissey of racing?

Either that or he's been hoovering up industrial quantities of cocaine.

Comment

Is Brian Gleeson trying to brand himself as the Marty Morrissey of racing?

Either that or he's been hoovering up industrial quantities of cocaine.
                                                                  I found his interview with Michael O'Leary very refreshing and he actually asked the questions everyone wanted to hear the answer to, compare that to the the drivel on ITV where they just rinse and repeat the same rubbish of "oh that must feel great" etc.

Comment

top class ride by David Mullins.

Comment

I found his interview with Michael O'Leary very refreshing and he actually asked the questions everyone wanted to hear the answer to, compare that to the the drivel on ITV where they just rinse and repeat the same rubbish of "oh that must feel great" etc.
                                                                      I thought it was good too, and a bit different to the usual shtick he does. He allowed O'Leary to explain himself and actually listened to his answers instead of talking over him with the prepared follow up question based on the expected answer, the way that Chapman and most of the ITV crew do.

Once again I'm very impressed with Jane Mangan, she's thoughtful, knowledgeable, incisive and articulate at a level way above anyone else on RTE.

Comment

Right, let's get aboard the Dead Parrot express to recover the loots here.
                                                                        Oh... That's what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                                                                          Coney Island Leopardstown Friday
                                                                          Told to back early
                                                                          20/1 at the moment
                                                                          Ran a good race. Ryanair maybe?
                                                                          Rtr ran a pheonmenal race. Slipped twice and still got third. Shifty eye at the gc prices

Comment

Rtr ran a pheonmenal race. Slipped twice and still got third. Shifty eye at the gc prices
                                                                            Tapped for toe
                                                                            Might be a possibility

Comment

Took the 14s with PP, was actually biggest price with Ladbrokes @ 14s before the race and they shortened him to 12s with most others pushing him out

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                Moyhenna tommorow Limerick 1pm, same connections.

Comment

Leopardstown Tix going spare if anyone wants them

Comment

All gone

Comment

Poker party in the first today at Leopardstown.
                                                                                      Market is probably mostly ipbers

Comment

Poker party in the first today at Leopardstown.
                                                                                        Market is probably mostly ipbers
                                                                                        On the grounds of DP being an even worse tipster than me, I will oppose with Speaker Connolly. The connections always looking for a winnah at this fixture.

Comment

On the grounds of DP being an even worse tipster than me, I will oppose with Speaker Connolly. The connections always looking for a winnah at this fixture.
                                                                                          Nobody Home it is then

Comment

Guess that shut me up, well played

Comment

Great shout, even though I was 10 minutes to late🤨
                                                                                              location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

Guess that shut me up, well played
                                                                                                Class is permanent.

Comment

Champion hurdle looks very ordinary this year, bubbles bursting all over the place.
                                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Class is permanent.
                                                                                                    Even a blind squirrel finds the odd nut

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                      Champion hurdle looks very ordinary this year, bubbles bursting all over the place.
                                                                                                      Winner today looks very big at 14s with Ladbrokes, he was very impressive in the big novice race last year but for an unlucky fall, beat a decent field readily today and is at 6 on an upward curve

Comment

Poor weeks work for me, very frustrating.

Comment

Poor weeks work for me, very frustrating.

Comment

Winner today looks very big at 14s with Ladbrokes, he was very impressive in the big novice race last year but for an unlucky fall, beat a decent field readily today and is at 6 on an upward curve
                                                                                                            Yeah looks like a good race to have a crack at one at a price. Noels 25's shout for Brainpower looks better with every faltering short price horse over the last few months.

Buvuer could still hose in obv but has defintely given casue to look elsewhere in the market.
                                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Laurina should not be allowed to be spoken of in the same sentence as these other horses, if there’s been a more overhyped & overrated NH horse in the last 20 years I’ve not come across it.

Comment

Originally posted by Arazi View Post
                                                                                                                Laurina should not be allowed to be spoken of in the same sentence as these other horses, if there’s been a more overhyped & overrated NH horse in the last 20 years I’ve not come across it.
                                                                                                                Samcro

Comment

Nearly Put 300 Punchestown is meant to be in with a chance.
                                                                                                                  Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Anyone have a working acestream for at the races / racing uk ?

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                                                      Anyone have a working acestream for at the races / racing uk ?
                                                                                                                      Check the cousins thread. Not AceStream but other option there

Comment

Allduckornodinner in the last at tramore suppost to be out again to win after winning on Stephens day.
                                                                                                                        location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

Originally posted by Arazi View Post
                                                                                                                          Really? Can't agree with that tbh, just looking at the BHA figures She is rated at 152 after her novice season - exact same mark as Buver D'air was on at the same stage and he won the CH the following year. Tp put it into perspective Annie Power was rated 155, so she is definitely in that ball park.

Yes more horses dissapoint after stepping up from Novice to open company and there is a certain element of the Willie Mullins mare affect, but everything she has done on the course as been exemplary. If she has filled out and trained on that 7lb allowance will make here a massive player.

She runs in Sandown this Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X