Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For once when someone says stop what you're doing, listen to this I'm glad I did. Brilliant.

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

FFS!
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
        Lol Stockdale. What a fuck up.

Comment

Those last 5 minutes were a thing of great beauty. My

Comment

That was some game.

Cooney, Marshall, Stockdale were all brilliant for Ulster.

Stockdale will never do that again if he's as good as I think he is. Glad he learned the lesson against us.

Comment

Leinster are just regular headbangers now. Makes for more exciting rugby anyway.

Comment

I am shattered after watching that.

Comment

Also Leavy is cursed.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                    I am shattered after watching that.
                    That was a massive banana skin overcome. Leinster will come on a lot for that game. Henshaw back in, Sexton find a bit of health and form and maybe a few others back from injuries. Last year Leinster peaked in the quarters but I hope it’ll be a different story and they’ll peak in the semi and hopefully final.
                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

That was some game.

Cooney, Marshall, Stockdale were all brilliant for Ulster.

Stockdale will never do that again if he's as good as I think he is. Glad he learned the lesson against us.
                      Cooney really was excellent. Should have seen a bit more action in the 6Ns on the basis of that performance.
                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Lol Sergio is such a prick , has me cheering for honorary Cavan man Kuchar here.
                        What a bollox, how was there so much goodwill for his masters win

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                          Cooney really was excellent. Should have seen a bit more action in the 6Ns on the basis of that performance.
                          Some craic being the only man in a crowd of 500 embittered Munster men roaring in delight when Stockdale dropped the ball.
                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

They still hate Leinster.

Like, wtf?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                              They still hate Leinster.

Like, wtf?
                              If we ever lose that rivalry the game is over tbh. It’s just sports entertainment shite then.

Comment

Always love watching this great speech about staying in the EU https://www.facebook.com/20679409666...g3MzI1ODM4Mzc/

Comment

One hour closer to death.

Comment

Fuck me it's nearly 4 in the morning.

God be with the days when I was half way through off my face at this point.

Jaysus I better get to bed

Comment

Someone posted an excellent link here for football streams in the aftermath of Reddit clamping down. Not syncing bookmarks & having my laptop stolen leave me hoping for a repost before the Liverpool game tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                        Someone posted an excellent link here for football streams in the aftermath of Reddit clamping down. Not syncing bookmarks & having my laptop stolen leave me hoping for a repost before the Liverpool game tomorrow
                                        Just Google ubuffstream, hes always top of any list anyway

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                          Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                          Just Google ubuffstream, hes always top of any list anyway
                                          Experience live football streaming and soccer streams on FootyBite. Watch your favorite matches, join passionate football fans, and enjoy high-quality streams of your beloved sport

think all the links are on here, if you have discord https://discord.gg/ join this server and they post for all games and link to the above site or all the links for the actual sites.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                            If we ever lose that rivalry the game is over tbh. It’s just sports entertainment shite then.
                                            I actually thought I was going to get thumped.

Comment

really entertaining game. both teams playing great rugby, both down to 14 players

Comment

really entertaining game. both teams playing great rugby, both down to 14 players
                                                Absolutely fantastic game of rugby. toulouse hold on playing with 14 men for 60 minutes.

Comment

Absolutely fantastic game of rugby. toulouse hold on playing with 14 men for 60 minutes.
                                                  So Leinster-Toulouse in Landsdowne Road at Easter. Yum yum.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                    So Leinster-Toulouse in Landsdowne Road at Easter. Yum yum.
                                                    the pool game was great. let's hope this one delivers just as much. If Leinster play like yesterday, they've no chance! Toulouse really are playing some of the best rugby in europe at the moment. i'll be at the final, so would absolutely love to see them there!

Comment

Leinster with SOB @ 60% (all we seem to get these days) and no VdF / Leavy option are going to struggle v Toulouse.

Deegan is not a 7, and not sure they'll be able to get Penny's head right to play a semi yet. Also no Henshaw is hurting us in midfield. I like ROL but he had a poor game with the ball yesterday, and Reid was no improvement.

Ringrose's worst game in forever but I'm more than able to forgive him for it.

Toulouse have some serious players. That Dupont is hilariously good for a 22 year old. Proper old school French 9/10. I can see Leinster squeaking across the line, but it won't be pretty if that's what they have to resort to.

Saracens miles ahead of everyone unfortunately. Need Munster to catch them napping.
                                                      Last edited by Emmet; 31-03-19, 18:02.

Comment

Toulouse's final was today. They will be rubbish at Landsdowne. Back to cover the spread on the H'cap.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                          Toulouse's final was today. They will be rubbish at Landsdowne. Back to cover the spread on the H'cap.
                                                          They've been playing like that all season. Really not confident in Dublin against Leinster but I wouldn't be writing them off

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                            @KevIRL I was not impressed by Lmk. Feel like Waterford have the making of a good game plan but it's going to take them to 2020 season to bring it to peak. Feel like you might have a frustrating season ahead. Also feel WD gave LMK far too much room. I'll be looking elsewhere for an All Ireland winner.
                                                            Tipp

Comment

Wow, just clicked into IPB and the last time I was here was October, I usually look forward to catching up but I'm fucked if I'm going through 5 months of it.

Cliffs on what I missed?

Comment

Of all teams I'm not seeing the answer in Tipp this year.
                                                                I've already backed them.

They'll be very close if they dont win it.

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                                  Wow, just clicked into IPB and the last time I was here was October, I usually look forward to catching up but I'm fucked if I'm going through 5 months of it.

Cliffs on what I missed?
                                                                  ...Brexit talk...
                                                                  Last edited by luckforsome; 31-03-19, 21:34.

Comment

Enjoyable if bored. True story too.

Her sky-ness
                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Name change request to CHDad.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                        ...Brexit talk...

Yeah, I went back through a week of BBV, that's enough, my eyes are hurting, see you in a few months

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                          Omg so happy for you!!! Change that fucking thread title ASAP to Chad is a dad
                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

...Congratulations, really happy for you...

Comment

Good work fella.

And to Mrs. CHD also of course.

Comment

...
                                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                  €850 in the pot now for this week's Aintree. Accepting final investments.
                                                                                  For this, I make you my heir apparent?

Ay ay ay

Comment

Delighted for ya m8.
                                                                                    Hope the Chadlet and Mrs are all doing fine.
                                                                                    Congrats
                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Congrats Chad m8, hope the little guy is doing good.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post
                                                                                        Delighted for you. Teach CHBaby the ways of angry posting and online arguments in years to come.

Comment

Leinster with SOB @ 60% (all we seem to get these days) and no VdF / Leavy option are going to struggle v Toulouse.

Deegan is not a 7, and not sure they'll be able to get Penny's head right to play a semi yet. Also no Henshaw is hurting us in midfield. I like ROL but he had a poor game with the ball yesterday, and Reid was no improvement.

Ringrose's worst game in forever but I'm more than able to forgive him for it.

Toulouse have some serious players. That Dupont is hilariously good for a 22 year old. Proper old school French 9/10. I can see Leinster squeaking across the line, but it won't be pretty if that's what they have to resort to.

Saracens miles ahead of everyone unfortunately. Need Munster to catch them napping.
                                                                                          A fit Toner, Henshaw and Sexton would be huge. I’d also be tempted to roll the dice on dropping JGP and playing James Lowe. The benefit of being so comfortable in the pro14 for the next 2 weeks will also help a lot. Yes Benetton and Glasgow will be tough games but Leinster can mix and match and play guys into form a bit more. I think Seanie gets two more 50-60 minute games with Penny coming off the bench to see where we’re at. Rob Kearney to get 2 games at full back with Larmour on the wing might be useful too to knock off the 6Ns discord.

IF Leinster can squeak over the line against Toulouse at home then they have a nice run in for the final as well with the likely week off beforehand due to likely getting a bye week in the Pro14. Saracens are very good and are comfortably 2nd in the Gallagher premiership as well so that is a huge challenge for Munster.

It would be incredible to have an all Irish final though. It would be some shot in the arm after the 6Ns.

I watched the R92 v Toulouse game back last night and ultimately R92 panicked too early and tried to win with champagne rugby whereas Leinster knuckled down and tightened up in the last 20 minutes and got it done. A champions mindset if not yet a champions level of play.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                            Congrats Chad m8, hope the little guy is doing good.
                                                                                            Going stupidly good so far. For some reason his half a heart is doing as good a job as a whole one for now. Hasn't needed any meds or intervention yet. That will slowly decline but time is on his side and gives the team in Crumlin plenty of time to track and assess what he's got and what he needs.

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                            Delighted for you. Teach CHBaby the ways of angry posting and online arguments in years to come.
                                                                                            Ah it'll come natural. It's in his DNA.

Comment

Going stupidly good so far. For some reason his half a heart is doing as good a job as a whole one for now. Hasn't needed any meds or intervention yet. That will slowly decline but time is on his side and gives the team in Crumlin plenty of time to track and assess what he's got and what he needs.
                                                                                              That's really great to hear. i've actually been thinking about this for a while and didn't want to ask and intrude, but was really funking for some good news.

congrats man, and delighted for ya!!!

Comment

Ah it'll come natural. It's in his DNA.

Delighted to hear this news, great start to the week

Comment

Many congrats fella, great to hear all going well too.

Comment

@KevIRL I was not impressed by Lmk. Feel like Waterford have the making of a good game plan but it's going to take them to 2020 season to bring it to peak. Feel like you might have a frustrating season ahead. Also feel WD gave LMK far too much room. I'll be looking elsewhere for an All Ireland winner.
                                                                                                    Hard not to be impressed by Limerick yesterday although we played into their hands completely. Have seen them three times this year v KK, Dub and yesterday and only v Dublin in first half were they anywhere below par. In terms of Waterford, very poor yesterday obviously, kept making the wrong decisions and running into Limerick players again and again. As you say offered Limerick way too much room, the goal being a case in point, conceeded the puck out, grand but then Morrissey still had the freedom of the middle of the park to take a pass and pick out the ball into the FF line. Very possibly a frustrating season ahead for us alright, a lot is being made of two games in Walsh Park but I'm not so convinced. Need to get the full forward line clicking again, find a midfield partner for Barron (Conor Gleeson hopefully) and sort the mess of the half forwards/Austin Gleeson. We do have a number of players to come back but they are in defence.

In terms of backing an AI winner, mad to go for anyone in Munster. Too much of a dogfight to get out of there.

Young lad had a great day which is the main thing and was suitably impressed by the place. Dont think he'll look at Walsh Park or even Semple Stadium in the same light again

Comment

I'm all over Limerick this year and I expect to be payed.

Comment

For RD3: things to do in Normandie

SPOILER
                                                                                                        By the sea:
                                                                                                        • Trouville and Deauville. They are next to each other. Both great for walk on the famous 'planches' (wooden slates). Very large and beautiful beaches. Deauville is famous for its luxury shops, nice for a stroll. I personally prefer Trouville for the beach and lovely little restaurants in cobbled streets. Must eat: mussels and chips for lunch. Waffles in the afternoon. A great day out on a sunny day. Go early to find parking spaces easily.
                                                                                                        http://en.normandie-tourisme.fr/disc...lle-180-2.html

• Deauville - Seaside resort, promenade, beach - Casino, golf course, horse-racing, hotels

• Honfleur: stunning port, beautiful streets. Must visit this one ! You can go for a brilliant boat trip there: http://www.promenade-en-bateau-honfleur.fr/

There's also a small but really lovely museum dedicated to Boudin, one of the great impressionists. really worth the detour if you have an hour to spare.

and also visit the butterfly garden (1000 butterflies in a green house), Naturospace just stunning and fun for children too http://www.naturospace.com/informations-pratiques/
                                                                                                        Naturospace Honfleur, Jardin, zoo et serre à papillons tropicaux vivants à Honfleur Normandie. Oiseaux exotiques rares en liberté dans ce zoo du Calvados.

• and of course the DDay beaches. a must see and the museum is actually really good.
                                                                                                        arromanches-museum.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, arromanches-museum.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Not by the sea:
                                                                                                        • Caen. Beautiful town. Packed with history. See Abbey des Hommes and Abbey des Femmes
                                                                                                        Site officiel des Abbayes de Normandie - Itinéraires touristiques en Seine-Maritime, l'Eure, le Calvados, l'Orne et la Manche

• if you only do one war related museum, do this one in Caen. it is good with kids as it has immersive techs: http://normandy.memorial-caen.com/

• We did a fantastic tour of the city with the boys on Segways. The guides speak english and will take you to the key place to see. Best to book in advance if poss. You won't go inside the Cathedrals but you can return after. https://www.calvados-tourisme.co.uk/offer/comon-gyro/

• Lisieux. Must see: the Basilique of St Therese. Beautiful.
                                                                                                        L’idée d’ériger une basilique à Lisieux en l’honneur de celle qui venait d’être canonisée en 1925, rencontra bien des oppositions dans le clergé local. La ville possédait déjà de nombreux édifices religieux, on estimait d’autre part que le culte de Thérèse, favorisé par la piété des poilus durant la guerre de 1914-1918, n’aurait qu’un temps.

They also have once a year a market for poultries. it is actually fun. go in the morning. It is called FOIRE AUX PICOTS and it is usually on a Saturday, beginning of August.

Other brilliant activities with children:

• Haras du Pin: https://www.haras-national-du-pin.co...rincipaux.html

• Zoo of Cerza : https://www.cerza.com/en/

• Livarot cheese factory. A must do as you well know, Normandy is famous for its creamy cheeses: https://www.graindorge.fr/en/

• Another delicacy from Normandy is cider and calvados . Go and visit BUSNEL in Cormeilles . interesting and have fun too. http://www.distillerie-busnel.fr/en/

• Castle of Richard Lionheart. Chateau Gaillard: http://www.cape-tourisme.fr/en/chateau-gaillard-2/

• Somewhere to eat with a magnificent garden. Best crepes in the area as well. Creperie de Cambremer : http://www.lesjardinsdupaysdauge.com/creperie.html

• Another Chateau, but this time with plenty of medieval games to play for the kids, and plenty to see and do. it's quite basic but very charming and they have some shows on certain days, so check the agenda
                                                                                                        Le château de Crèvecoeur-en-Auge : seigneurie rurale du XVème siècle en Pays d'Auge, entre Caen et Lisieux. Animations, spectacles, expositions sur le Moyen-âge en Normandie.

• You can also take the kids fishing in Cormeilles
                                                                                                        https://comptoirdespecheurs.com/Fran...che-Cormeilles

Last edited by shrapnel; 01-04-19, 13:09.

Comment

I thought Limerick were very impressive yesterday. At no stage did Waterford look like they might win even when they narrowed the gap to 3/4 points.
                                                                                                          Clear difference in the pace both teams were playing at, Limerick swarming all over Waterford while Waterford allowed them too much space.

I thought Bennett had the beatings of his man all day but he didn't get enough service. 3 points from play but the frees were an issue so whether he switches back to Mahony will be interesting.
                                                                                                          I like Noel Connors as a player and a couple of times when defending his man face on he was fine but lacked the pace to keep up with Gillane throughout the day.
                                                                                                          It doesn't bode well if you have to switch Lyons/McNulty off Gillane and his replacement still gives up 1-4 from play.

I thought not employing the sweeper was a strange move after they had some success with it last year plus I read Dublin gave Limerick some trouble with it this year, perhaps he'll employ that again.
                                                                                                          Overall not the most promising performance.

On a side note, Limerick jerseys are really nice without a sponsor on them

Comment

Tea break....

Comment

Billions is more Aaron Sorkin than Andrew Sorkin, had to turn it off
                                                                                                              Last edited by Denny Crane; 01-04-19, 19:49.

Comment

Jaysis that's not a cup of tea!

Comment

Congrats to the Chadley family! delighted the wee man made his appreance yesterday. He looks the picture of health and you would never know he had an issue with his ticker.

We know we are all getting on now when CHD becomes a sensible () Da!

Glad he doing ok without intervention for now. Been thinking about you all this last week. Hope MrsCHD is doing ok after the section, tough enough after it. The recovery is hard. Best news this week by far

Comment

All over cork this year ! Threw away the all Ireland last year when 6 points up v limerick in the semi. Lehane for poty too . I'm from kilkenny
                                                                                                                    https://twitter.com/#!/TedCullinane1

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel
                                                                                                                      • Lisieux.
                                                                                                                      They also have once a year a market for poultries. it is actually fun. go in the morning. It is called FOIRE AUX PICOTS and it is usually on a Saturday, beginning of August.
                                                                                                                      I am almost scared to ask what makes this so awesome.

Comment

Took me a long way into this article before I copped and was well aware what day it was before I started reading. Way too plausible

Britain needs to take special measures if it is ever to recover from the scarring social divisions exacerbated by Brexit, says a working party drawn from the country’s leading institutions.

The Guardian understands one of the initiatives that has caught the imagination of the group is the creation of the post of “healing tsar” – a unifying figure to promote a feeling of national togetherness. Several well-known figures have been sounded out for the role, although there are worries that the politicians involved will try to parachute their own preferred candidate into the job.

The idea was first mentioned privately by Prince Charles, who, although he has kept his views on the EU to himself, is said by insiders to be deeply troubled by what he sees as a dislocation between the people and the institutions of the country.

Senior sources close to official figures say he fears the royal family could be drawn into the bitter divide – one of the reasons why he and his wife, Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, absented themselves on a trip to Cuba during the 1 million-strong march through London and the parliamentary climax of the Brexit process.

In heated meetings behind closed doors at Thenford House in Northamptonshire, the estate belonging to Michael Heseltine, the Liberal Democrat representative argued strongly for party supporter Bob Geldof as “healing tsar”. One insider promoting Geldof’s credentials said: “He brought the country together with Live Aid – he can do it again.” ... cont

Comment

All 4 Brexit indicative votes fail again

Customs Union and confirmatory votes both lost by a short head

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X