Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My father is in hospital at the moment and while I try to figure out whether I'll be able to get him home again or not I've been taking the opportunity to get a few jobs done in his house.
    One thing I have been looking to get at for years is a chest freezer he has had sitting more or less unused for years drinking electricity and which he occasionally makes requests for stuff that he seems to remember in detail!

Found this when I got to the bottom of it
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
      eircode is a brilliant system. I am an early adapter and would encourage others to make their lives easier as well.
      Oh eircode is great. But it doesn't seem to be used much at all.

Rice cooker is a worthy investment p&f, haven't looked back since I got one
      airport, lol

Comment

Na fckn Dolo

Unreal

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
          Na fckn Dolo

Unreal
          You know they are going to feed him the ball but how do you stop him such a beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
            You know they are going to feed him the ball but how do you stop him such a beast.
            The toughness and strength not to be knocked into touch along with the ballet dancer skillz to get the ball down clean while everything except his fingers and the ball are on their way into the stands. Amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
              I've never used a qr code for anything, ever.
              Everyone uses them, including you. You're using one right now. Fact.
              "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
              "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Ulster playing much better than I feared. It would be such a shot in the arm for them to get a win away in France.
                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Suit sorted in Dublin. Have two quality white shirts at home so gonna wear one of those. Got a two piece suit (€115), belt (€15), and tie (€15) in Debenhams. Shoes in Dunnes, €40. €185 total which leaves enough out of the 200 budget for boojum and donuts. Thanks for all the advice and tips.

And it confirms that shopping is in fact a massive pain in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                    Ulster playing much better than I feared. It would be such a shot in the arm for them to get a win away in France.
                    Kiss of Death.
                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

They losing by 10 at moment usually implode away from home. Do you think the two lads up on rake charges if not found guilty will be allowed back play for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                        Kiss of Death.
                        I knew as soon as I posted it. Still think they are playing decently but things have not gone their way...La Rochelle are a serious outfit too to be fair.

They losing by 10 at moment usually implode away from home. Do you think the two lads up on rake charges if not found guilty will be allowed back play for them.
                        How can they not be? Can you void a contract because someone was accused and found not guilty of something?

The most notable thing is nobody in the media is talking about it at all. If they were soccer players they'd be getting in the neck from the media daily regardless of trial status etc. It has to be hanging over the club like a bad smell and impacting everything going on and yet it never gets any sort of a mention...

Things getting very ugly for them now as you predicted...
                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

They won't play for anyone for a long time if they are found guilty, question would be what happens if found not guilty by a NI court given the evidence they will not contest.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                            They won't play for anyone for a long time if they are found guilty, question would be what happens if found not guilty by a NI court given the evidence they will not contest.
                            That's Micks point. Bringing the club into disrepute and such could be levied against them but likely to be challenged in court if it were to happen I'd have thought.

Comment

Hostage situation in a bowling alley in nuneaton England.usual religion of peace types in online comments but I’m calling it as some sad sack Nigel having a meltdown,nun Eaton a bit low rent for Isis.
                              Wonder if ted cruz’s Dad will show up in JFK files?
                              Speaking of conspiracies the Las Vegas aftermath has def been a bit shady (and I’m not someone who buys into any of the usual crisis actor shit to make myself feel smart ,I only go with locks like Ted Heath being a nonce)
                              Last edited by Guest; 22-10-17, 16:00.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                I was in Dubland Thursday, also wanted a boojum, went to the one around the corner from the spire at around 13.30...obv the nut worst time. Didnt get one. Dont like packed places sober.

Im away to galway next thursday, 15.30 im thinking...
                                Don't let the queue turn you away, even if its back to the door, your talking 10mins, 15 max. The food is ready sure, tis grand.

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                Heather Hardy.....Ouch!

SPOILER

SPOILER
                                When you post about Heather, it's important to use her weigh in pics, straight out of Brazzers.com

SPOILER

Comment

Wonder what Vietnam stuff will come out in those papers. Fun times for history nerds.

Comment

That's Micks point. Bringing the club into disrepute and such could be levied against them but likely to be challenged in court if it were to happen I'd have thought.
                                    Oh yeah... need to clean my glasses

Comment

Ronnie like a boss. Amazing play. Selby me arse!

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Satnav is keeping busy

Comment

If bored , not a bad oul film, no felines in it

Her sky-ness
                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                Its just a 2d barcode, have been used on contact lens packaging for at least 15 years.
                                                They are used in widespread in place of standard barcodes on products, boarding a passes. But that's the point, they are just barcodes. Putting a barcode on your business card doesn't make you a tech genius, it makes you look like a knob, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                  Local Chinese must be low on chicken.

Comment

Banks seem to be playing the absolute idiot card in relation to tracker redress. They've fully provided for the cost so it's not the money.

Good old-fashioned incompetence at work imo.

Comment

Is there a mobile Twitter app that I can use that will give a notification if a specific account tweets a specific word.

I can use tweetdeck on desktop, just looking for a way to do it on mobile.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane
                                                        Is there a mobile Twitter app that I can use that will give a notification if a specific account tweets a specific word.

I can use tweetdeck on desktop, just looking for a way to do it on mobile.
                                                        I'll leave strewley to answer..
                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Serious answer though I've a feeling its possible if you want to download another app called If This Then That
                                                          airport, lol

Comment

IFTT is an unreal app, one of my mates wives was nervous about going home to dark house, so set it up that lights automatically turn on when she is heading towards the area. Have set my hue bulbs to blink blue in morning if rain is expected, red flash in evenings if i have forgotten something on important task list.
                                                            Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                            https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

It really is a class app. Even for just messing around with setting up notifications for all sorts
                                                              airport, lol

Comment

@Hitch - I played one of these last night (abandoned cabin) with 5 other people, it was class.

It's a gamebased on escape rooms, you are locked in somewhere and must solve your way out by unlocking more of the game as you go along.

You only get to play the game once as you will be ripping up cards, folding them, cutting stuff up, writing on things etc. If you were really careful you could not mark it and as it on but it's more fun to mess it up as you go along.
                                                                Youa re rated at teh end based on how fast you did it and if youi used any help cards.

Costs like 15e but great for a couple hours entertainment for a group.

Comment

lol if your business card doesn't include a stock image of a man hacking into a computer wearing a balaclava and gloves.
                                                                  Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Anyone else got tickets for Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds in Kilmainham next summer? Looks class. Patti Smith supporting,
                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Banks seem to be playing the absolute idiot card in relation to tracker redress. They've fully provided for the cost so it's not the money.

Good old-fashioned incompetence at work imo.
                                                                      I'm working on that stuff where I am now. We're in a much better state than most banks I believe, but the main problem is the state of the historical transactions on lots of accounts that is making it difficult to calculate financial impact. Still should have most of it wrapped up by the end of the year anyhow, but I sense some sort of goalpost moving coming up.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                        Anyone else got tickets for Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds in Kilmainham next summer? Looks class. Patti Smith supporting,
                                                                        A good investment, saw him in Copenhagen on Friday. Was really impressive considering how big the arena was. Was 16,000 capacity and worried it wouldn't work but they were amazing

Comment

Is Stranger Things likely to come out at a reasonable hour here on Friday?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                            I'm working on that stuff where I am now. We're in a much better state than most banks I believe, but the main problem is the state of the historical transactions on lots of accounts that is making it difficult to calculate financial impact. Still should have most of it wrapped up by the end of the year anyhow, but I sense some sort of goalpost moving coming up.
                                                                            I'd make myself a 7/4 shot to be included in the review (not your place) so have a vested interest!

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                              Is Stranger Things likely to come out at a reasonable hour here on Friday?
                                                                              3 days, 18 hours 15 minutes according to countdown on Netflix.

Comment

What pasta dish should I cook later? Bonus points for fish
                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                  What pasta dish should I cook later? Bonus points for fish
                                                                                  Smoked Salmon linguini with a creamy sauce
                                                                                  His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                    Smoked Salmon linguini with a creamy sauce
                                                                                    Or just buy a creamy chowder (the one in lidl is decent)and add linguini
                                                                                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Truffle oil is the best for pasta. I add it to a sauce made from stock and cashews.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                        3 days, 18 hours 15 minutes according to countdown on Netflix.
                                                                                        Ah, great stuff - I don't see any timer on mine but that would make it Friday morning then?

Incidentally, anyone watching Star Trek Discovery? Any good?

Comment

Ah, great stuff - I don't see any timer on mine but that would make it Friday morning then?

The guy I live with is a bit of a trekkie and he likes it. I know they tend to be quite protective of the franchise.

I know there was a difference of opinion on Mindhunter. I like it 8 episodes through. I can understand the criticism of it being a bit flat at times but I think there is some very good scenes in it. As Danny had said Netflix has produced a few duds lately.

@Tar@Hitch 4 games of Catan over the weekend. Missus won 3 in a row. Thankfully I got the final win. Her bro is still searching for his first win after nearly 10 games. We are starting Cities and Knights the next time out. It's just such a good game.

Comment

I am two episodes into Discovery, it's much more action-y than a regular trek series but liking it so far.

10 Games and no win in Catan, he needs to hire me as a coach.

Eamon here are some of my creations, obv add your filthy fish as desired

Black truffle / cashew / asparagus

White wine / cashew / mushroom / sundried tomato

Comment

Looks class. It's Monday though are you creating a lot of work for me?
                                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

I think Discovery is a little off. Hard to be more specific, but I'm not liking it as much as I want to. Still early days though and I'll keep watching for now.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                                  Or just buy a creamy chowder (the one in lidl is decent)and add linguini
                                                                                                  Strict rule of making your own sauce in our gaff. Salmon on the maybe list tho
                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Strict rule of making your own sauce in our gaff. Salmon on the maybe list tho
                                                                                                    Cooked smoked salmon works a treat

Comment

Seems weird that a judge would suspend the last 1 year of a sentence for rape because the person "is foreign so this will make prison harder for him"?

Comment

Friday evening around 6pm for me just when I finish work

I like trekkie stuff, but not loving discovery, find it a bit too dark for my liking and not really true to star trek concept, but it is early days. Problem is I find all the leads to be unlikable apart from Michael, but am still watching.
                                                                                                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

I'd make myself a 7/4 shot to be included in the review (not your place) so have a vested interest!
                                                                                                          Your place doing some of the audit work for the CBI? Some other company doing that in here from next week, so there will be a lot of flapping around going on.

One bad side affect is that the number of people ringing in to complain has shot up. Mostly made up of the 'where's my tracker mortgage?' brigade I'd say.
                                                                                                          Last edited by 6starpool; 23-10-17, 14:35.

Comment

Looks class. It's Monday though are you creating a lot of work for me?
                                                                                                            Do you have a blender? It's piss easy if you do. Soak cashews for half an hour to an hour. Make stock and blend them together - mine is just bouillion. That's the base for both sauces and you simply add what you want to each one, be it (wine/tomatoes or truffle oil) to add the flavour to it. Blend them in. takes a minute to make the sauce if one can stomach waiting for the cashews. I usually cook the rest of the food and my cashews are ready to go, make the sauce and add it to the cooked food. Foor the above all I did was either grill baby corns/asparagus or fry mushrooms in wine/garlic. Pretty easy to make good pasta.
                                                                                                            Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 23-10-17, 14:32.

Comment

I moved in Sept 1015, lucky enough not to get an increase until now, LL just messaged me there looking to up it by 9% from Jan

Is he not limited to 4%?

Comment

"Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                                                                                                "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                  I moved in Sept 1015, lucky enough not to get an increase until now, LL just messaged me there looking to up it by 9% from Jan

Is he not limited to 4%?
                                                                                                                  That's reasonable given that you haven't had an increase in over 1000 years. On the other hand, yep, 4% is the max increase I believe. I'm sure there is an ombudsman for this stuff. PRTB? Is that for tenants?

Comment

It's 4% per annum since it was last raised.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                      That's reasonable given that you haven't had an increase in over 1000 years. On the other hand, yep, 4% is the max increase I believe. I'm sure there is an ombudsman for this stuff. PRTB? Is that for tenants?
                                                                                                                      Yeah, slightly more since it's 28 months, but less than what he's looking for.

R x (1 + 0.04 x t/m)

or, if you're lazy:

RTB operates Ireland's National Tenancy Register and resolving disputes between Landlords, tenants and third parties. Governed by residential Tenancies Act 2004. View more information on landlords and tenancies.

Comment

I see golf is introducing a shot clock and having an event called the shot clock masters next year where every shot is on the clock. I wonder how that'll work in the case of a spectator using a camera flash or shouting during a shot? At what point will the clock start? As soon as you have club in hand? When you reach the ball? I bet there is huge opportunity for angle shooting here.

Comment

...
                                                                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X