Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ship the marbles please

Comment

Anyone know when the Bray Dundalk game was re fixed for, if its soon my bet will remain pending.

Comment

id of thought it was null and void your bet??
        ring the bookie and get them to cancel it. Personally i didnt like it much myself, and dundalk had two major injury concerns (aswell as 5 others out) if they are back, your bet is in worse shape again

Athlone missing two best players today - centre backs. shame longford are a little light otherwise id be ploughing in, but stil a bet for me
        GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
          id of thought it was null and void your bet??
          ring the bookie and get them to cancel it. Personally i didnt like it much myself, and dundalk had two major injury concerns (aswell as 5 others out) if they are back, your bet is in worse shape again

Athlone missing two best players today - centre backs. shame longford are a little light otherwise id be ploughing in, but stil a bet for me
          I have got on Athlone all season, they have lost 5 of last 6 games (they beat Salthill 2 0) not scoring a goal in any of those 5 games, gonna be pushing the boat out again with Longford at 3/4.

Comment

Ya null and void. I fancied it last night wouldn't have if Dundalk had time for players to recover.

ES note that athlone will be announcing the signing of 3 or 4 Pike/limk players in the coming days including Wayne Colbert. They'll be stronger if they get him and conor kavanagh into their team.

Comment

Very impressive performance from Shels last night, though the 3-0 win was quite generous but that was helped by the sending off. How the hell the defender didn't get sent off for the peno is beyond me?!

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                Ya null and void. I fancied it last night wouldn't have if Dundalk had time for players to recover.

ES note that athlone will be announcing the signing of 3 or 4 Pike/limk players in the coming days including Wayne Colbert. They'll be stronger if they get him and conor kavanagh into their team.
                Kerley really has being shite at this level, he seems only to bring Limerick players with him (same at Waterford where he was brutal), usually those not good enough to make it at home. Not much change in Athlone by the looks of it. Saying that, most of the pike team would do justice at LOI level (as seen against Sligo) but why would anyone want to go there?

Comment

Dongers being backed off the boards
                  GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by EnzoScifo View Post
                    Kerley really has being shite at this level, he seems only to bring Limerick players with him (same at Waterford where he was brutal), usually those not good enough to make it at home. Not much change in Athlone by the looks of it. Saying that, most of the pike team would do justice at LOI level (as seen against Sligo) but why would anyone want to go there?
                    He's signed 4 more from St.Peters of Athlone, they were last 8 of FAI too iirc.
                    The side will improve for sure with the 8 signings he made Jason Hughes(ex Limk) also signed along with the 3 Pike lads as for not good enough to make it at home. Kavanagh came to Pike from Blackburn and Wayne Colbert was a Limk regular just Pike paid him more. Dave Ryan is rubbish alright and Jason Hughes is still only 20.

Limerick calling a press conference for Thursday at Thomond Park to unveil 3 signings so thats Gamble and Behan I assume and another(possibly an u-20).

Fancy Bray tonight again, the pitch will be poor Bohs still mising a few and had a long trip and pasting up at the brandywell friday night.Main bet is dnb @ 5/6 with a little on at 7/4 with VC.

Comment

Any thoughts on tonights games?

looking at doing a Rovers Pats double and a double in Derry and UCD games bot plus 1.5 gols
                      Last edited by briii1; 21-06-11, 12:23.

Comment

How bad is Dundalk's injury list?

Comment

^^
                          Jason Byrne (hamstring), Stephen Maher (groin), Stephen McDonnell (knee), Eoghan Osborne (leg) are missing.
                          There are also doubts about Dean Bennett (ankle) and Colin Hawkins (ankle).

Comment

WOuldnt touch ucd, they are awful

Comment

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2011/...wayunited.html

goodnight Irene

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                Galway fans sounding fairly positive in this thread - http://foot.ie/threads/153084-Galway...ad-up-for-sale

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                  Galway fans sounding fairly positive in this thread - http://foot.ie/threads/153084-Galway...ad-up-for-sale
                                  well there are serious efforts being made to keep the club afloat. All the pro players are being sold off to get them off the wage bill - in fairness I dont see many clubs taking them tbh.

Sean Connor has taken a 54% cut in wages and seems dedicated to keeping the squad up using amateur players and local lads which isnt a bad startegy (in fairness it would look bad on his cv too if he was to walk now)

Football is weird though - a couple of the "pro" players were causing waves over being owed 50 quid Like in fairness Id happily play in the LOI for free. Fair enough they need their expenses but it wont be the worst thing in the world to see a few of them walk away

Comment

Yea, fairly well sums up that thread other than the spoofer Connor apparently being on the phone to players in England non stop to replace the outgoing players.

Comment

They shouldn't have been given a license in the first place. Hang Delaney!

Comment

Anyone else think Bohs are worth laying @ 1.39 this evening? They've only managed to score 4 times at home this season in 9 games! Though they are playing Drogheda afterall and I'm finding it hard to find confidence for the lay as a result. However, I think 1.38 is a tad bit short for the home win.

Comment

AFAIK droghs dont have the new guys as of yet - so id see them (+ the impressive Tiernan Mulvenna)

Bohs missing flood but id fancy them to win the game and will prob back them if they drift a little further

cork seem a little short, will oppose them if they go shorter. St pats very short too

any opinions elsewere?
                                          Last edited by Semibluff; 24-06-11, 15:31.
                                          GAA News Website

Comment

Derry and Limerick both look very backable.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                              Derry and Limerick both look very backable.
                                              I agree.

I might give Sligo a go @ 3.15 - Rovers have the hoodoo over Sligo as of late but I like the home win at that price.

I've stupidly backed over 3.5 in the Shels -v- Athlone game.

Comment

Tallaght should be allowed enter the championship next year
                                                as that is a fine brand of GAA Shams are playing at the moment
                                                SPOILER
                                                Boom-tish, a thank you

Good game of football considering the wind which was quite strong at times (didn't really show on telly how strong it was)

Good to see Blinks acting like a troll at the end, means he is getting his confidence back

Comment

G'wan the Sligo

Comment

Was there any reason why Twigg and Finn both started on the bench other than horrible negative tactics against one of the better sides in the league??
                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                      Was there any reason why Twigg and Finn both started on the bench other than horrible negative tactics against one of the better sides in the league??
                                                      Tactical genius at work!

probably worked well on football manager the night before

Comment

i had a decent bet on 1-0 sligo in this, then also took shams draw no bet at half time at evens (being slightly better team, chasing and with the wind, thought evens was amazing) so i actually lost outright in the end with the late goal chinning me (had some on hc pre match)

Playing vs sligo up there there is ever argument for playing 3 in the middle. Rice hadnt started much recently and Turner should be first choice. Mc Cormacks defensive abilities are very good - very impressed with him.
                                                        Also, O'Neill made his name as a lone striker with Fingal. A friend of mine who played with them said that he was possibly the best man in the league to play that position.

All that considered i can see where O'Neill came from, but i wouldnt have left Finn on the bench. Big fan of his. He was probably trying to give up a little flair in return for some steel in the middle.

If Shams had been playing with the wind in the first half, then this could have been a very different proposition. Also dont forget the stone cold peno then got turned down (more obvious than cretaros) and then peers block towards the end.

I think Shams got the tactics a little wrong, more so with the personnel than anything else, but who are we to know who is training well or perhaps showing a little fatigue. Also combined with Sligo playing out of their skin on the night.

Brilliant game and game on for the league!

PS - lolgalway
                                                        GAA News Website

Comment

I was told last night I might not have a job next week i.e. Galway are really close to being wound up

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                            I was told last night I might not have a job next week i.e. Galway are really close to being wound up

unlucky man, if they survive they will be an amateur team with maybe Connor as the only paid member of staff

They spent money they didn't have at the start of the season,

IMO The FAI ruined them as a club when they artificially promoted them at Dundalk's expense a few seasons ago. They were building a fan base as a top DIV1 team, but as soon as they went up and started failing the sunshiners went back to their GAA, it has been downhill year on year from that point.

Comment

Good news for First Division promotion contenders I'd imagine? 3 spots up for grabs if Galway go bust?

Comment

Also too many clubs in such a small catchment area in Galway

Lets hope monaghan dont win tonight!
                                                                GAA News Website

Comment

I've backed Mon U tonight to win but I wouldn't mind them losing tonight either

Comment

do we see both teams to be full strength tonight Raheny?

Could be an interesting tie Sligo vs Shels
                                                                    GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                                                                      do we see both teams to be full strength tonight Raheny?

Could be an interesting tie Sligo vs Shels
                                                                      Sorry, I'm only seeing this now. FWIW I backed Shels tonight but that was before I bothered to wait for the team line ups - Apart from Casso we played with a second choice midfield. Basically it was our 'second' team that started. Only our regular RB, CB, and CM started the game. A 1-1 scoreline would have been a fair result. Sligo up the ante in the final 15 minutes and punished us with two set pieces.

Comment

Anyone fancy Limerick at circa 11/10 tonight? Hard to know what sort of team Mons will send I expect Scully will go almost full strength.

Comment

Anyone fancy Limerick at circa 11/10 tonight? Hard to know what sort of team Mons will send I expect Scully will go almost full strength.
                                                                          monaghan DO NOT want a run in the cup this year, and thats from a source close to the top at monaghan united (i work in bar were supporters and commite memebers hold there lotto draw on a monday night)
                                                                          no having said that am not sur eif its tonight that they will go out but as far as there concerned they dont want a run, as it costs them too much money??? up to you, hope this helps

Comment

monaghan DO NOT want a run in the cup this year, and thats from a source close to the top at monaghan united (i work in bar were supporters and commite memebers hold there lotto draw on a monday night)
                                                                            no having said that am not sur eif its tonight that they will go out but as far as there concerned they dont want a run, as it costs them too much money??? up to you, hope this helps

Comment

Shels play Mon U on Friday which is probably the biggest game of the season for both clubs so far. We played last night in the same cup and rested a host of regulars. If Roddy is in the same frame of mind as Matthews then he too will line out with his fringe players. Limerick could well be the bet alright.....

Pats worth a bet on Thursday away to IVB @ 23/10?

Comment

Don't know a whole pile about IBV except they beaten in there most recent game 2-1 away to B36 and they don't attract a major crowd to home games. That should mean Pats have a big shout it's not like going to the ex iron curtain countries in easteren europe and playing in front of an intimidating partisan crowd.

Comment

Have a few quid on Dundalk at 17/10 vs Bray.

Will wait till line-ups available to access League cup game.

Comment

Limerick are a great bet tonight at home to Mon U. Stan James go 23/20 for the home win and that is value as the price is shortening up on Betfair. Powers even go as short as 5/6 for Scully's men. 23/20 won't be lasting long. Roddy Collins is expected to field an understrength team. “It is a tough one but it will offer us a chance to to give the younger players a run and and the players who have not been playing because we have a list of injuries that would frighten you."

Comment

VC are 21/10 for the Bray win AH.

Comment

you'll be able to hear renditions of Sean South coming from my house all night!! Come on you limerick men!!
                                                                                        GAA News Website

Comment

bray called off due to waterlogged pitch

appears not . . . extratime.ie slow rolling me, musta been refferring to the last game
                                                                                          Last edited by Semibluff; 28-06-11, 18:11.
                                                                                          GAA News Website

Comment

opposing dundalk, and all over lim
                                                                                            GAA News Website

Comment

Limerick 1 up already.

Comment

so it seems yeh

judge 9th min

dundalk 1-0 up though
                                                                                                GAA News Website

Comment

~Dundalk 1up

Stays like this in both matches will suit me fine.

Comment

2-0 to Limerick. Betfair doing in-running too

Comment

Mark Quigley with a 1st half hattrick. 1-3 HT.

Bray down to 10 men as well.

Comment

5-0 to Limerick lol ... Thank you thread

Comment

never in doubt! biggest bet since Barce.

That'l do pig, that'l do

Shame Bray got the man sent off for the scoop. Dundalk should be menacing now with a full squad
                                                                                                          GAA News Website

Comment

Rovers in a spot a bother but Pats coming back from a game in Iceland. Can we back Pats @ 18/5 with VC?

Comment

A lot of value has been hoovered up already

Waterford, Sligo, and Limerick all have been shortened.

Mark Quigley 1st goalscorer vs Bohs @ 5/1 looks appealing in what should be a good game.

Comment

bohs dundalk should be a very low scoring game, i woudnt be too mad to do first scorer, unless just an interest scorecast with 1--0 also.
                                                                                                                GAA News Website

Comment

taking finn harps +1 at home to cork
                                                                                                                  GAA News Website

Comment

Couldn't put you off.

Just hoping we do the business.

Not expecting much tbh.

Comment

All the posts are gone - Anyway, hooped vermin! The info was good. A 13/8 shot backed into 8/13 was nice but not to be unfortunately!

Comment

Originally posted by Raheny Red View Post
                                                                                                                        All the posts are gone - Anyway, hooped vermin! The info was good. A 13/8 shot backed into 8/13 was nice but not to be unfortunately!
                                                                                                                        Ive said it before & I will defo say it again

Shamrock rovers ba$tards!!!!!!!//

they tried to cruise it by the sounds of the stream

lot of smilies in use tonight

Comment

Where are all yesterdays posts?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X