Frequent HTC Desire Trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frequent HTC Desire Trouble

I know that some people have had trouble with their HTC Desires had a few but not enough to warrant me worrying about it but in the last while its just getting ridiculous

The main problem is the phone crashing out seems to happen when I am browsing the net on my phone and it will just shut itself down and then try restart and then shut down again until I remove the battery and let it be for awhile.

Its like the phone is over heating as where the processor is placed (I assume) gets hot, what did people do to resolved their problems.

I think Nicky Power had some trouble with something like this if I remember correctly, have been thinking about moving over to the Desire S but reading the Android forum in the old place seems like Meteor will be getting the HTC Sensation in the next couple weeks and could possibly hold out for that.
    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Should have got an Iphone obviously

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
      Should have got an Iphone obviously
      Will probably steal yours

Comment

Oh the ironing

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
          I know that some people have had trouble with their HTC Desires had a few but not enough to warrant me worrying about it but in the last while its just getting ridiculous

The main problem is the phone crashing out seems to happen when I am browsing the net on my phone and it will just shut itself down and then try restart and then shut down again until I remove the battery and let it be for awhile.

Its like the phone is over heating as where the processor is placed (I assume) gets hot, what did people do to resolved their problems.

I think Nicky Power had some trouble with something like this if I remember correctly, have been thinking about moving over to the Desire S but reading the Android forum in the old place seems like Meteor will be getting the HTC Sensation in the next couple weeks and could possibly hold out for that.
          its bollixed once it starts crashing like that- mother board fucked, its a systemic problem in a huge batch of the phones and they should of had a product recall but wont. I've had my desire replaced twice with the problem- took nearly 10 weeks to get a replacement last time; can only imagine the huge amount of phones their getting back.

Comment

Sucks to be you. Never happens me. Use a browser other than the stock one perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
              Oh the ironing
              Huh?

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
              its bollixed once it starts crashing like that- mother board fucked, its a systemic problem in a huge batch of the phones and they should of had a product recall but wont. I've had my desire replaced twice with the problem- took nearly 10 weeks to get a replacement last time; can only imagine the huge amount of phones their getting back.
              Will probably just switch phones or something I reckon.

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
              Sucks to be you. Never happens me. Use a browser other than the stock one perhaps?
              I dont think its just the browser (actually dont like that Dolphin browser) happens at other times as well on the phone etc.

Comment

as much as i love my new sensation, I have a few problems with it, like gallery keeps crashing and when I go to g tunes it wont play, just freezes have to turn phone off and on to get it going!

also if im browsing the web the heat from the bottom of phone is unreal!

over all its a very buggy phone!
                Her sky-ness
                © 5starpool

Comment

Danny,

Never had that problem with my HTC Desire but i've recently switched to the Samsung Galaxy S2 on Three for €40 a month with 350 flexiunits, unlimited data, unlimited free landline calls.

Phone was free on this tariff.

It's a dual core 1.2 Ghz processor so doesn't have to work as hard & doesn't get nearly as hot.

Fantastic phone, UI (TouchWiz 4) is good, it's lightening fast, screen is unreal, tons of memory (2GB RAM & 16GB Storage with option to add further SD storage) so no juggling apps around, ultra slim & ultra light.

I love the phone & wouldn't consider moving to anything else or moving back to HTC who seem to be having a lot of problems & software glitches.

Samsung is also running Android 2.3 Gingerbread which improves on battery life amongst many other things.

Comment

Originally posted by TM2204 View Post
                    Danny,

Never had that problem with my HTC Desire but i've recently switched to the Samsung Galaxy S2 on Three for €40 a month with 350 flexiunits, unlimited data, unlimited free landline calls.

Phone was free on this tariff.

It's a dual core 1.2 Ghz processor so doesn't have to work as hard & doesn't get nearly as hot.

Fantastic phone, UI (TouchWiz 4) is good, it's lightening fast, screen is unreal, tons of memory (2GB RAM & 16GB Storage with option to add further SD storage) so no juggling apps around, ultra slim & ultra light.

I love the phone & wouldn't consider moving to anything else or moving back to HTC who seem to be having a lot of problems & software glitches.

Samsung is also running Android 2.3 Gingerbread which improves on battery life amongst many other things.

I actually haven't seen the new Galaxy but I really didn't like the old one so will steer clear of that for awhile. Does have some impressive specs thou.

I am pretty happy with my bundle with Meteor have very rarely gone over it and it seems to be more than enough for me at the moment.

Does anybody know if I contact Meteor about this problem will they sort it or is it just tough luck?

Comment

I actually haven't seen the new Galaxy but I really didn't like the old one so will steer clear of that for awhile. Does have some impressive specs thou.
                      It's a different proposition altogether to the older Galaxy S. Lightening fast being the main thing and the screen...

I am pretty happy with my bundle with Meteor have very rarely gone over it and it seems to be more than enough for me at the moment.
                      What i've done is taken out my landline/broadband at home and I use my Samsung as my single phone/broadband source so the unlimited data is really nifty as I download a lot of stuff... Working out really well for me & costs me €40 total per month

Does anybody know if I contact Meteor about this problem will they sort it or is it just tough luck?
                      I'd imagine if it's still under warranty then you have an arguement for a replacement as it's not 'fit for purpose'. Worth a shot anyhow

Comment

It's a different proposition altogether to the older Galaxy S. Lightening fast being the main thing and the screen...

What i've done is taken out my landline/broadband at home and I use my Samsung as my single phone/broadband source so the unlimited data is really nifty as I download a lot of stuff... Working out really well for me & costs me €40 total per month

I'd imagine if it's still under warranty then you have an arguement for a replacement as it's not 'fit for purpose'. Worth a shot anyhow

I have seen some video reviews of it and it does look solid, records in 1080p impressive so does the HTC Sensation. Had a look at the 3 website deal looks good but probably not for me as I get free calls/texts to Meteor and most of the people I ring/text would be Meteor.

There has to be some cap on that all you can eat data bundle?

Not totally sure how long I have my phone would be under a year I would guess, well it didn't cost me an arm and a leg so not the end of the world if I have to get a new phone.

Comment

I have seen some video reviews of it and it does look solid, records in 1080p impressive so does the HTC Sensation. Had a look at the 3 website deal looks good but probably not for me as I get free calls/texts to Meteor and most of the people I ring/text would be Meteor.

There has to be some cap on that all you can eat data bundle?

Not totally sure how long I have my phone would be under a year I would guess, well it didn't cost me an arm and a leg so not the end of the world if I have to get a new phone.
                          Yeah, with Three you get free Three to Three calls but not free texts. You do get 333 free webtexts which you can use with Cabbage.

I downloaded 28GB of data last month and when I look at my allowance under 'My3' I have 2TB (thats 2000+ GB) allowance

Good luck with getting the new phone. The HTC Sensation is the latest & greatest HTC & I think Meteor are running with this although it's exclusive still on Vodafone till end June I believe.

Comment

Yeah, with Three you get free Three to Three calls but not free texts. You do get 333 free webtexts which you can use with Cabbage.

I downloaded 28GB of data last month and when I look at my allowance under 'My3' I have 2TB (thats 2000+ GB) allowance

Good luck with getting the new phone. The HTC Sensation is the latest & greatest HTC & I think Meteor a running with this.

Yeah I can also use the 300 free web texts from Meteor with Cabbage

Wow that is pretty impressive stuff from 3 data wise when most of the other providers are offering 5gb

Not available on Meteor for a few weeks afaik but will wait and see what kind of pricing they have coming.

Comment

Yeah I can also use the 300 free web texts from Meteor with Cabbage

Wow that is pretty impressive stuff from 3 data wise when most of the other providers are offering 5gb

Not available on Meteor for a few weeks afaik but will wait and see what kind of pricing they have coming.
                              Yes it's unreal. When they released it first they were going to cap it at 15GB fair usage but they scrapped that and now it literally is all the data you want.
                              To get that phone (or an iPhone 4) for free on a €40 a month plan with good mins/texts, true unlimited data and free unlimited landline calls is pretty impressive and the best deal out there IMO. It certainly works for me

Would be handy for you when your fighting with crappy hotel WiFi and your anxious to get blogging Just switch on your mobile hotspot and tether away......
                              Last edited by TM2204; 23-06-11, 16:18.

Comment

So phone is still pretty fucked but I have a mate who works in a mobile phone shop says HTC Desire is covered for 2 years so hopefully I will be able to get it fixed and pass it on or sell it.

I did get a chance to look at the Samsung Galaxy S II while in the SE the other night and it was a pretty impressive phone was surprised at how light it was, the things I don't like about it are to me its a little on the big side, for one handed texting it could be a nightmare and I don't like the Samsung software on the phone I suppose to could be gotten around if it was to be rooted.

My mate has said he should be able to get me a free Desire S in a couple of days hopefully as the HTC Sensation is gonna be pricey when it becomes available on Meteor, was gonna but the Desire S but if it came to it would probably go with the Galaxy S 2 as its currently about €170 on Meteor.

@ mocata if he reads this I take it rooting other Android phones is the same as you have done in the past?

Comment

Yep, the desire S is a sweet phone, and can be rooted. The SGS 2 is a beast performance wise, not too hard to root either. I have a pretty sweet software version on my desire at the minute, its like a 3d cube effect,when you change screens it spins round, and you can tilt it up and down at various angles.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1040121

Unrevoked will tell you which phones are rootable easily if that is a factor in your buying decision
                                  http://www.unrevoked.com/
                                  Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                  https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Danny Galaxy S2 is a beast of a phone. Awesome. Using anything else once you start using this will frustrate you how slow by comparison.

Watching movies on this phone is unreal how good the screen is...

P.S. I know you wanna stick with Meteor but Three have added the HTC Sensation to the list of free phones on their €40/month plan...

Comment

You don't even need to root it, just download launcher pro or something along those lines. Apparently the new Galaxy is very much superior to the new HTC
                                      "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Going to get a Nokia 3210.
                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Danny Galaxy S2 is a beast of a phone. Awesome. Using anything else once you start using this will frustrate you how slow by comparison.

Watching movies on this phone is unreal how good the screen is...

P.S. I know you wanna stick with Meteor but Three have added the HTC Sensation to the list of free phones on their €40/month plan...
                                          I can't see the HTC on the 3 site? Also I don't really like that €40 plan.

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                          You don't even need to root it, just download launcher pro or something along those lines. Apparently the new Galaxy is very much superior to the new HTC
                                          Launcher Pro, no idea what that is, details?

Originally posted by Sometime Happy Dude View Post
                                          Going to get a Nokia 3210.
                                          Ghey!

Comment

I can't see the HTC on the 3 site? Also I don't really like that €40 plan.
                                            Your right, doesn't appear to be there. Check instore cause I know they have it from around about now.

Apart from being weak on texting whats not to like about the €40 plan? It's got everything...
                                            But, like everything, it's horses for courses and it may not suit you especially if you need tons of any network texting.

Comment

Launcher Pro, no idea what that is, details?
                                              Essentially replaces alot of elements of HTC sense/Samsung touchwiz or whatever and gets rid of their homescreens creating a new alternative set of however many homescreens you want, but it's much more customisable, but it retains things like their messenger and phone apps. You can decide things like how many rows and columns of icons you want per homescreen, you can change the layout of the bottom 'dock' completely (with upto 15 scrollable icons instead of the 3 that came on my HTC of phone, apps and personalise). You can decide how many homescreens you want and where you want the home-homescreen to be (As in, for Samsung, they default it to be the one furthest left rather than the middle one, which is quite annoying), and a whole host of little customisable options and effects.

If you don't like it you can easily revert back to the old set up also, it doesn't delete anything and all it takes is a few clicks to go back to the way things were. There's also many other alternatives to launcher pro, but I went with that as it was free and was getting the best reviews and it'd now be the first thing I download if I was given a new android phone, so much better than the stock launchers that come with the phone.
                                              "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Your right, doesn't appear to be there. Check instore cause I know they have it from around about now.

Apart from being weak on texting whats not to like about the €40 plan? It's got everything...
                                                But, like everything, it's horses for courses and it may not suit you especially if you need tons of any network texting.
                                                It just doesn't seem to suit me it does seem like a decent deal, my bundle with Meteor is pretty much perfect for me at the moment covers everything I need and the fact it does not cost an arm and a leg is all good in my book I think you can actually get it for €25 a month now as well if you are a new sign up.

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                Essentially replaces alot of elements of HTC sense/Samsung touchwiz or whatever and gets rid of their homescreens creating a new alternative set of however many homescreens you want, but it's much more customisable, but it retains things like their messenger and phone apps. You can decide things like how many rows and columns of icons you want per homescreen, you can change the layout of the bottom 'dock' completely (with upto 15 scrollable icons instead of the 3 that came on my HTC of phone, apps and personalise). You can decide how many homescreens you want and where you want the home-homescreen to be (As in, for Samsung, they default it to be the one furthest left rather than the middle one, which is quite annoying), and a whole host of little customisable options and effects.

If you don't like it you can easily revert back to the old set up also, it doesn't delete anything and all it takes is a few clicks to go back to the way things were. There's also many other alternatives to launcher pro, but I went with that as it was free and was getting the best reviews and it'd now be the first thing I download if I was given a new android phone, so much better than the stock launchers that come with the phone.
                                                Ah cool will look into it when I get my new phone cheers for the heads up.

Comment

My mate said I will have the Desire S on Friday sweet

Comment

Boo my mate fell through with the phone

Comment

Ship ship the new HTC Sensation finally delighted with it seems pretty fucking wicked, now to get up to date on a few bits.

Am thinking about rooting it, mocata you get the heads up for this? Be hugely appreciated

Comment

Ship ship the new HTC Sensation finally delighted with it seems pretty fucking wicked, now to get up to date on a few bits.

Am thinking about rooting it, mocata you get the heads up for this? Be hugely appreciated
                                                        what are the benifits of rooting it danny, is it the same as jailbreaking and any down side to it!
                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

HTC Sensation < Samsung Galaxy S2

SPOILER

Good luck with the phone, it's a cracker

Comment

HTC Sensation < Samsung Galaxy S2

SPOILER

Goog luck with the phone, it's a cracker
                                                            Sensation over Galaxy SII

Comment

Lets agree to fight the Android fight and crush the evil iPhone

Also, not much use to you (or me) now but I see HTC have just released Android 2.3 Gingerbread for the HTC Desire
                                                              Last edited by TM2204; 01-08-11, 21:21.

Comment

HTC has released Gingerbread for the HTC Desire - but it's for "expert users" only & you might lose the ability to text bit.ly/neJkfM

Comment

With the €40 plan ur given 333 webtexts to any ROI mobile through the android app cabbage. So if you use that for non smartphone users and use whatsapp for smartphones so that's android iPhones blackberrys n symbian (windows may have it to) will save u using ur units. May seem like hassle but I tell ppl to use em when they buy the phone cause some ppl are spending a ridculous amount of money a month. I think u asked me ages ago TM about tethering sorry never got back to ye...recently used my iPhone 3G on 888 poker n the connection was good.

Comment

Also TM the cap on 15 gb is technically still there as if someone is frequently going over 15 gb in a month then three have the right to limit ur data allowance just a heads up

Comment

Originally posted by MBMurf View Post
                                                                      Also TM the cap on 15 gb is technically still there as if someone is frequently going over 15 gb in a month then three have the right to limit ur data allowance just a heads up
                                                                      OK but why the huge allowance when you look on MyThree?

Comment

Originally posted by MBMurf View Post
                                                                        With the €40 plan ur given 333 webtexts to any ROI mobile through the android app cabbage. So if you use that for non smartphone users and use whatsapp for smartphones so that's android iPhones blackberrys n symbian (windows may have it to) will save u using ur units. May seem like hassle but I tell ppl to use em when they buy the phone cause some ppl are spending a ridculous amount of money a month. I think u asked me ages ago TM about tethering sorry never got back to ye...recently used my iPhone 3G on 888 poker n the connection was good.
                                                                        I use both Caggage and WhatsApp. Only problem with WhatsApp is that the other person must be using it too. With Cabbage you can text anybody.

I use tethering myself to 888 it was Full Tilt that would not connect over Three's 3G but obv thats not a concern anymore

Comment

OK but why the huge allowance when you look on MyThree?
                                                                          Don't know why that is but that's the technicality with the all u can eat data, if they do try to limit your usage say exactly what you said and that you were being misled by what u saw on my3

Comment

One of my mates gave me a Sensation to root for him, so i will sort it out 2moro and let ye know how it goes. Looks fairly straightforward, must say the Screen is fantastic. I am gonna keep my desire til the nexus prime comes out i think, If i didnt have a desire i would deffo be going for a sensation. I got him one of these as well off ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NFN-5in1-U...#ht_1764wt_892

well worth £20, that lush screen is a battery killer.
                                                                            Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                            https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

#39
                                                                              Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                                              One of my mates gave me a Sensation to root for him, so i will sort it out 2moro and let ye know how it goes. Looks fairly straightforward, must say the Screen is fantastic. I am gonna keep my desire til the nexus prime comes out i think, If i didnt have a desire i would deffo be going for a sensation. I got him one of these as well off ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NFN-5in1-U...#ht_1764wt_892

well worth £20, that lush screen is a battery killer.
                                                                              I just thought I would get some feedback off yourself about it, I honestly still haven't looked into it, I take it you can flash it with a couple of different roms? I just want a pretty light and easy rom if there is one available.

I haven't been up to anything crazy with it just yet as I said no point loading it up with stuff, will look into buying a spare battery and or that dock thing.

My phone has a tiny little bit of screen bleed at the bottom left corner when you view it in certain scenario's try and see if it's on your friends phone.

Have to say I am really liking it so far I think the new software is pretty sweet just like all the little changes it just feels so slick, I never really was a fan of the keyboard on the Desire but on the Sensation I just think its absolutely fantastic, the screen just seems absolutely brilliant I must actually put a tv show or something on it just to try it out properly, the music player seems a lot more refined than it was on the Desire, the reader app looks pretty good but not sure how much use I will get out of it.

So far so good for me, 8gb SD card nice more internal storage nice, phone nice

Comment

#40
                                                                                I am going to get the sesation tomorrow, sounds like it is a great phone, i have the desire and i see that some of you have been having problems with it but tbh i have had no problems what so ever with it and i have it since last Nov.
                                                                                I am going to move to vodafone as i can get 600min and 600 txts for €60 p/m, it is an offer they have on atm it is double the amount of min and txts when you change you're number over to them, only down fall is its a 18 month contract.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                X