Flop card exposed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flop card exposed!

Situation came up tonight where utg went all in and was called by utg+1...dealer then started to deal flop but the big blind hadn't acted yet. Ended up only the first card on the flop was exposed.

What's the ruling with the flop/turn/river bearing on mind big blind has yet to decide whether to call or not?
    NextStopWhoKnows

Deal the remaining 2 flop cards, the turn and river all face down (include the burn cards where necessary). Then put the exposed flop card back in with the other cards, shuffle and deal the third flop card face down.

Btn gets to make his decision, and the cards face down on the table are revealed as normal.

Comment

JP? JP? JP?

Ugh tricky one, suppose it alls about keeping the integrity of the deck now. Probably something like dealing the other two flop cards/burn card and the turn/burn card and the river all face down then mixing the exposed card with the rest of the deck and reshuffle for another flop card face down till the decision has been made.

That would be my kind of best interpretation on it.
      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Not sure here. Personally, Id ask the BB if he intended calling the all-in, If his answer is yes, then id burn and put out the turn face down, burn and put out the river face down, then replace the exposed card in the deck, shuffle it and get one more card from the deck to make up the flop.

If his answer is no, he wasnt calling the all-in, then the flop stands as it is.

This way, youre changing as little as possible fro what would have been the original board.

connie

Comment

Originally posted by connie147 View Post
          Not sure here. Personally, Id ask the BB if he intended calling the all-in, If his answer is yes, then id burn and put out the turn face down, burn and put out the river face down, then replace the exposed card in the deck, shuffle it and get one more card from the deck to make up the flop.

If his answer is no, he wasnt calling the all-in, then the flop stands as it is.

This way, youre changing as little as possible fro what would have been the original board.

connie
          but this way he gets to use the exposed card to decide on his yes/no answer
          Trying to not cause trouble since 1983

Comment

Originally posted by Ramiriquez View Post
            but this way he gets to use the exposed card to decide on his yes/no answer
            No, because if he calls, the exposed card goes back in the deck, so its no advantage to him.

Comment

No, because if he calls, the exposed card goes back in the deck, so its no advantage to him.
              sorry, misread it
              Trying to not cause trouble since 1983

Comment

Don't like this Connie, he could decide to fold because of a dangerous exposed card, whereas otherwise he would have called. Simplest way is just to replace it, that way there is no way it can give any advantage to the player.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                  Don't like this Connie, he could decide to fold because of a dangerous exposed card, whereas otherwise he would have called. Simplest way is just to replace it, that way there is no way it can give any advantage to the player.
                  Just explaining how I would rule if this happened in the club. I would explain to the bb that if he got involved in the hand, then the exposed card goes back. He has no advantage before making his decision.

Comment

Just explaining how I would rule if this happened in the club. I would explain to the bb that if he got involved in the hand, then the exposed card goes back. He has no advantage before making his decision.
                    What if he has pocket tens and the exposed card is an ace?

Comment

What if he has pocket tens and the exposed card is an ace?

Then he knows that ace is going back in the deck and has the same chance as any other card of coming out.

Comment

Then he knows that ace is going back in the deck and has the same chance as any other card of coming out.

Comment

connie
                          I would always use this method.

Comment

No need to be. Im not even sure im right. Just ruling it on a common sense basis.

Comment

Deal the remaining 2 flop cards, the turn and river all face down (include the burn cards where necessary). Then put the exposed flop card back in with the other cards, shuffle and deal the third flop card face down.

Btn gets to make his decision, and the cards face down on the table are revealed as normal.
                              this has to be the only ruling imo,

I remember dealing at the jp masters about 2 years ago, exact same situation came up. The BB was a frencie and a dickhead, had been moaning all day. When i dealt the first card of the flop he piped up and start getting quite loud right off the bat, he asked for the TD, that took about 2mins as it was quite busy, which is a long time when your sitting at the table as you know, then i took a while to explain the ruling to him because of his english. The ruling above was made and after all the chaos and me getting a bit of a red face about the whole thing and then he checked anyway....FML

sorry after reading op again it is not the same situation at all, the one i mentioned it was limped to bb
                              Last edited by Kenny; 24-02-11, 23:56.

Comment

Thanks lads. I went with conor and dannys suggestion. Just wanted to get opinions as I wasn't 100% on it.
                                NextStopWhoKnows

Comment

I like the title. Was expecting you to make some startling revelations about a flop card.

Comment

Originally posted by Four of a Kind View Post
                                    Thanks lads. I went with conor and dannys suggestion. Just wanted to get opinions as I wasn't 100% on it.
                                    Wrong ruling cunt , next time be more carefull when dealing

Comment

Danny's/NewApproach's ruling is correct,
                                      but connies version isn't a whole lot different.

If I was at the table, I wouldn't complain if either happened

Comment

Nice post NA.

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                                          Wrong ruling cunt , next time be more carefull when dealing
                                          I wasn't dealing cunt!
                                          NextStopWhoKnows

Comment

Working...
                                          X