HTC sync and computer crash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HTC sync and computer crash?

I just realised something there.. My HTC top button was jammed. I had been holding down too hard and it got stuck and it is away for repair. Now.. I backed up everything to HTC sync before it went away last week and was happy enough. Then disaster struck

My laptop got a virus, pretty sure it was a rootkit actually. I lost the wireless and AV wasn't catching anything and it was stopping me system restore etc. After backing up everything I Thought I needed to the external HDD I did a wipe and reload.

Then today I was thinking about the things I had on my phone etc.. the honeymoon pics etc. I am pretty sure all was backed up. Then I thought about all my contacts etc music I had on it that was all sync'd to my laptop. And I realised I have no idea where it was backed up to and if I have a copy of it

Devistated if I have lost it all. For some reason the girl couldn't get all my contacts from my phone to the sim after trying 3 times in the shop but wasn't too worried as I had it all sync'd anyway.

I need to check the HDD and see what I can get off it. Has anyone come across this? such bad luck for both things to go at the same time and realisation only hitting me now..

Did you have contacts syncd to gmail? You have most pics of wedding and honeymoon on FB so at least they are saved.
    Her sky-ness
    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
      Did you have contacts syncd to gmail? You have most pics of wedding and honeymoon on FB so at least they are saved.
      I am not 100% sure when you sync it if it goes to google or not. I didn't have all the pictures on facebook though. Took loads more but that should be backed up anyway as I made sure I had all my pictures.

Comment

your pics should be synced to google+
        You contacts should be synced to gmail

What version of windows do you have?
        The default HTC sync location is My Documents/Devices
        However W7 just has Documents.
        Actually, if you get a copy of SQLLite you can
        open the file at
        C:\Users\Your username\AppData\Roaming\HTC\Database\ (which I'm sure you backed up (username and all subs anyway)

Follow the following steps.
        * Click on the 'edit data' tab
        * Open the tables tree view and click on the 'tPhone' table.
        * You should see 2 IMEI entries for your phone, not sure why 2 but anyway we go on.
        * Click into the table and arrow right until you get to the 'PhotoPath' column.
        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
          your pics should be synced to google+
          You contacts should be synced to gmail

What version of windows do you have?
          The default HTC sync location is My Documents/Devices
          However W7 just has Documents.
          Actually, if you get a copy of SQLLite you can
          open the file at
          C:\Users\Your username\AppData\Roaming\HTC\Database\ (which I'm sure you backed up (username and all subs anyway)

Follow the following steps.
          * Click on the 'edit data' tab
          * Open the tables tree view and click on the 'tPhone' table.
          * You should see 2 IMEI entries for your phone, not sure why 2 but anyway we go on.
          * Click into the table and arrow right until you get to the 'PhotoPath' column.
          I have Windows 7. Will look into the SQLLite when I get back in. Just realised I have lost all my old emails as well as I changed to IMAP and was using thunderbird.. ugh lol

Comment

Working...
          X