Incident at table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incident at table

I moved to dublin recently and decided i'd try out a few clubs and this happened at the one i went to last night.It didn't really involve me but i would have an issue with the standard of the dealer to let this happen.The game was very lively with 10players i was the sb folding with 72o in my hand there was 3 callers to the bb a chap that was id say near 80 and had made a few mistakes already,folding out of position and calling for 5euros when it had all ready been raised ahead of him. The chap mucks his bb which had not been raised the dealer pushs his cards back to him and said it hadn't been raised.To which i heard the player to my right say you better pray he doesn't win this hand because if he does it's your job.
    With pots reaching a ton nearly every hand should this kind of dealer be allowed at the table.
    Last edited by The-Crafty-Dwarf; 13-12-10, 21:33.

Originally posted by The-Crafty-Dwarf View Post
    I moved to dublin recently and decided i'd try out a few clubs and this happened at the one i went to last night.It didn't really involve me but i would have an issue with the standard of the dealer to let this happen.The game was very lively with 10players i was the sb folding with 72o in my hand there was 3 callers to the bb a chap that was id say near 80 and had made a few mistakes already,folding out of position and calling for 5euros when it had all ready been raised ahead of him. The chap mucks his bb which had not been raised the dealer pushs his cards back to him and said it hadn't been raised.To which i heard the player to my right say you better pray he doesn't win this hand because if he does it's your job.
    With pots reaching a ton nearly every hand should this kind of dealer be aloud at the table.
    I don't like dealers who constantly talk loudly either.

Comment

Dealer has done nothing wrong here.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolves View Post
        Dealer has done nothing wrong here.
        Imo a dealer is paid to do a job. To deal. Not to help out other players when they make a little mistake. If he had mucked his cards then he should not get them back.

Comment

The player plays his cards, not the dealer. If the player wants to fold, that's his prerogative.

Comment

Originally posted by JackHighGood View Post
            Imo a dealer is paid to do a job. To deal. Not to help out other players when they make a little mistake. If he had mucked his cards then he should not get them back.
            Part of the dealers job is running a smooth game. Helping out when there are mistakes in the interest of the game also. Certainly not 'just dealing the cards' as you suggest. In fact dealers who do 'just deal the cards' tend to allow bigger problems to occur simply because they can't control the game they just deal. Good dealing imo.

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
            The player plays his cards, not the dealer. If the player wants to fold, that's his prerogative.
            The player has made a mistake. This is clear from the OP. He has not chosen to fold, there is no raise, he is entitled to play his hand. People suggesting otherwise are angleshooting imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolves View Post
              Part of the dealers job is running a smooth game. Helping out when there are mistakes in the interest of the game also. Certainly not 'just dealing the cards' as you suggest. In fact dealers who do 'just deal the cards' tend to allow bigger problems to occur simply because they can't control the game they just deal. Good dealing imo.

The player has made a mistake. This is clear from the OP. He has not chosen to fold, there is no raise, he is entitled to play his hand. People suggesting otherwise are angleshooting imo.
              It's almost back to the snooker debate. Where do you draw the line?

If a dealer offered the man's cards back at a wsop final table or something it just wouldn't happen. Rules are rules. If someone was in the game and they ended up busting to that guy in that exact hand they would be pretty pissed.

Comment

Originally posted by JackHighGood View Post
                It's almost back to the snooker debate. Where do you draw the line?

If a dealer offered the man's cards back at a wsop final table or something it just wouldn't happen. Rules are rules. If someone was in the game and they ended up busting to that guy in that exact hand they would be pretty pissed.
                Meh. You'd prefer to take the slightly confused 80 year olds money every time he makes a small mistake. I don't see this as being in the games best interest. Again he has paid his BB, he is entitled to play his hand. Common sense.

Comment

Common sense stuff. Dealer has done nothing wrong.
                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

when you're playing online, you get a pop up if you fold your unraised bb, saying you can check or fold. should that be banned too?

dealer did nothing wrong imo.

Comment

in the strictist enforcment of the rules the hand should be folded but in order to create a reasonable playing atmosphere I would never want to try and enforce this. nothing to do with the guys age but just what I would expect everyone to get told. Once if it is happening repeatedly then start taking his cardsand say nothing as I have seen happen to drunk lads before

Comment

Dealer totally correct IMO.

Old man has clearly made an easily rectifiable mistake, so rectify it and play away obv.

As stated, anybody saying anything else is angleshooting.

Comment

"i heard the player to my right say you better pray he doesn't win this hand because if he does it's your job"

Oh that really winds me up, What a prickish thing to say

Comment

If this happened in my poker club, I'd commend the dealer on his actions. I mean, whats the problem here? There is no raise, the bb has put in his €2, so why isn't he entitled to see a flop? Why does mr "its your job on the line" feel like he shouldnt have to go up against the bb in the hand. Is it because he tried to fold when he had a check option? jesus lads, any of ye that agree with that are really saying that angleshooting is ok.

Now, if he threw his cards into the muck, that would be different, but if the dealer can stop his cards reaching the muck and allow him to play his hand, then imho, the dealer is doing a very good job.

Comment

Won't someone think of the old people?

The 'it's your job merchant' should have got a 20 seconds penalty where everyone points and Laughs very Loudly at him as he is a Nidiot, a fecking Nidiot Was this player John Higgins by any chance?

fair play dealer nice work.

Comment

Working...
                              X