Showing or mucking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Showing or mucking

Lets say a player calls a bet on the river has he the option to see the other players hand if he wishes to muck them.
    Pm for rakeback deals

If two players go to showdown then you are entitled to see the other players cards but its considered bad etiquette to ask to see his cards if he wishes to muck his hand.
    'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Yes you have the right to see them technically but its really bad form to request so.
      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

^^ + his cards are live again.

It's enough to have caught the player bluffing, there's no need to intentionally embarrass or rub their nose in it.
        As far as gathering important info goes, you don't need to see his exact hand to know how he just bluffed 3 streets or whatever it was that he did with a bluff. The exact hand is not that significant.

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
          Lets say a player calls a bet on the river has he the option to see the other players hand if he wishes to muck them.
          Common tournament rules state that any player dealt into the hand and at the table when the deal was complete may ask to see any hand that has reached showdown provided said hand is clearly identifiable by the dealer.

If it is a player who has reached showdown that makes the request then the hand is considered live.

If the request comes from a player who mucked on an earlier street the cards are first touched off the muck to kill them before being exposed.
          May you live in interesting times!

Comment

I actually think it's bad form to muck your cards, someone has called to win the pot and see your hand. The exact hand might not be relevant but the range is. If its AKs bluffing a strong draw v 23o from UTG it does make a difference.

Comment

The player who called should see the hand of the player who bet. This "bad form" might hold up if a caller sees the betters hand then decides to muck his beaten hand.

What I do not like is when I call the better, he says "what have you got" (excuse me but I called you), then when I show and he sees my hand ( the nuts obviously), he folds his hand. I paid a lot of chips to see your hand. I paid to win, and also to see what you play.

Comment

Originally posted by kincsem View Post
                The player who called should see the hand of the player who bet. This "bad form" might hold up if a caller sees the betters hand then decides to muck his beaten hand.

What I do not like is when I call the better, he says "what have you got" (excuse me but I called you), then when I show and he sees my hand ( the nuts obviously), he folds his hand. I paid a lot of chips to see your hand. I paid to win, and also to see what you play.
                Totally agree with this, and you get accused of slow rolling if you don't say anything!

Comment

Originally posted by kincsem View Post
                  you flat call with the nuts on the river

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                    you flat call with the nuts on the river
                    bad etiquette and gets a penalty..so much wrong in this instance
                    Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                      bad etiquette and gets a penalty..so much wrong in this instance
                      Why would you get a penalty, its not against the rules, and as for info a lot can be gained, a player who raises pf and bets 3 streets, could have Aks and flopped fd+sd and betting his huge draw or he could have 92o and he just betting it. Info is valuable in poker, unless the person was annoyin me i rarely ask to see their hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                        Why would you get a penalty, its not against the rules, and as for info a lot can be gained, a player who raises pf and bets 3 streets, could have Aks and flopped fd+sd and betting his huge draw or he could have 92o and he just betting it. Info is valuable in poker, unless the person was annoyin me i rarely ask to see their hand.
                        To avoid softplay there is a rule (don't know how well enforced it is) that states that you must raise on the river if you have the stone cold nuts and you have sufficient chips to do so.
                        Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

To avoid softplay there is a rule (don't know how well enforced it is) that states that you must raise on the river if you have the stone cold nuts and you have sufficient chips to do so.
                          ugh my post was referring to the OP and just making a reply to kincsem,

Comment

Not strictly true, the rule is you must raise on the river if you have the nuts and you are last to act. I.e. If your first to act you are perfectly entitled to check it to try and induce a bet from any of the other players.

Also it must be the absolute nuts, i.e. you have AhKh on a 3h 5h 7h board. Not betting the river is not punishable here because technically you could be afraid of 4h6h, however unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyPokerTour View Post
                              Not strictly true, the rule is you must raise on the river if you have the nuts and you are last to act. I.e. If your first to act you are perfectly entitled to check it to try and induce a bet from any of the other players.

Also it must be the absolute nuts, i.e. you have AhKh on a 3h 5h 7h board. Not betting the river is not punishable here because technically you could be afraid of 4h6h, however unlikely.
                              Is that applicable in Europe, only ever seen it enforced at the WSOP, although saying that I probably have never encountered it myself in live play!

Comment

Originally posted by Lloyd Christmas View Post
                                Is that applicable in Europe, only ever seen it enforced at the WSOP, although saying that I probably have never encountered it myself in live play!
                                I would assume that it would be a rule everywhere.
                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

I was playing a Brucepoker tour event a while back and a player flopped the nut straight, bets flop and turn and then checked behind on the river when the nuts didn't change. When she claimed the pot she was asked why she didn't bet the river and she just said I thought he had the same hand so what's the point

Comment

Originally posted by Lloyd Christmas View Post
                                    Yes a player must bet the nuts on the river if they are last to act and yes I will give a penalty, they deserve it if for no other reason than they are that stupid.

J

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                      Last man standing rule is what I use,

A player always has the right to muck there hand if you think that there is soft play the TD can check the hand.

If you are the last person with cards you automatically win the pot and don't have to show,

John

Comment

Originally posted by TheTD View Post
                                        Yes a player must bet the nuts on the river if they are last to act and yes I will give a penalty, they deserve it if for no other reason than they are that stupid.

J
                                        What happens if the nuts is on the board: A A A A K, and the last player to act checks it?

Comment

Working...
                                        X