• Time
  • Show
Clear All

sent on Full Tilt

Comment

Originally posted by Funkymonk View Post
      sent on Full Tilt
      Received Funkymonk.

Apoligies for not responding sooner, I missed your post.
      We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Ok folks we have 10 paid up, I contacted the other two and they didn't really commit so I think we should go with 10.

I only just sent Funkymonk the details but there are two others who have paid up who have not signed up on the site.

To date we have 7 teams in the league.

Those are

Eagle Eye Patriots
        Dollar Nightmares
        Ghostface Eagles
        Show us you TDs
        Cork Cowboys
        The Real McCoys
        BigBoysStuff

If none of the above are your team then you need to sign up on the NFL site pronto.

What should we do with the prize money? We have $200 so I'd suggest $150 for the winner and $50 for second, reason being is there is a final and I think it would be cruel to make the final and get nothing for it.

As soon as everybody has put their team in, I'll put up some stuff here to help those who are new to the game. Its pretty easy but there are little things that you have to be aware of for the draft.

You can do a practice draft on the site any time because the default is ten so its perfect practice for this league.

So thoughts on the money thing would be appreciated and those who haven't signed up please do and post here when you have done it. If you have any problems post here or pm me.
        'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Fair play Eagle, all looks good, well set up. Yeah 150 for me and and 50 for the runner up sounds good. Ahemmm
          ''Any change is resisted because bureaucrats have a vested interest in the chaos in which they exist.'' - Richard Nixon

Comment

What's the name of the league?

Comment

Originally posted by cooker3 View Post
              What's the name of the league?
              Have you not joined up yet? I will send a pm to you anyways with the details you need.

The name of the league is 'IPB Fantasy NFL 2010'
              'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Sounds good to me, are we going for the standard snake or auction format? Never drafted in a 10 team league before, always 12, should prove interesting from a depth and subsequently waiver p.o.v. for positions like TE, K and DST.

Comment

Originally posted by Juan Pablo View Post
                  Sounds good to me, are we going for the standard snake or auction format? Never drafted in a 10 team league before, always 12, should prove interesting from a depth and subsequently waiver p.o.v. for positions like TE, K and DST.
                  We will go with the snake format. I think it would be too much to expect some of the guys to know enough to do an auction draft.

I also need to find out who has not entered yet. I can't set up a draft date until the 10th guy has signed up on the NFL site. So can you guys fill in the blanks and I can fire off a pm to the guy who is missing and get this sorted.

Eagle Eye Patriots - eagle eye
                  Show us you TDs - Juan Pablo
                  Ghostface Eagles - Ghostface Ste
                  Cork Cowboys -
                  Dollar Nightmares -
                  The Real McCoys -
                  BigBoysStuff -
                  OchoQuatro -
                  The Hadron Colliders -

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                    We will go with the snake format. I think it would be too much to expect some of the guys to know enough to do an auction draft.

I also need to find out who has not entered yet. I can't set up a draft date until the 10th guy has signed up on the NFL site. So can you guys fill in the blanks and I can fire off a pm to the guy who is missing and get this sorted.

Cork Cowboys -
                    Dollar Nightmares - Enzo Scifo
                    The Real McCoys -
                    BigBoysStuff -
                    OchoQuatro -
                    The Hadron Colliders -

Comment

I havent signed up yet. been busy the last couple of days but will get it sorted tomorrow

Comment

You got to have a lot of balls, to play golf the way I do!

Comment

BigBoysStuff is my team eagle
                          ''Any change is resisted because bureaucrats have a vested interest in the chaos in which they exist.'' - Richard Nixon

Comment

I havent signed up yet. been busy the last couple of days but will get it sorted tomorrow
                            Can you post here when you have signed up and we can get things started.

Comment

The real McCoys is my team

Comment

Updated. I think Cooker3 might be OchoQuatro and BrianN might be Cork Cowboys which would leave Tony3004 as The Hadron Colliders but I'll await confirmation on those.

Cork Cowboys -
                                Dollar Nightmares - Enzo Scifo
                                The Real McCoys - Bubbleking
                                BigBoysStuff - Jack Burton
                                OchoQuatro -
                                The Hadron Colliders -

Comment

Can you post here when you have signed up and we can get things started.
                                  done

Comment

Great stuff.

Now that everybody is in we need to arrange a date for the draft that suits everybody, if thats possible.

So lets start off with what day over the next week suits all for the draft.

We can also arrange a practice draft if you guys want to, I can set one up for tonight at 10.30 pm if it suits people. I'll do up a post later on about tips and help for the draft.

Comment

10.30 tonight suits me anyway, since i'm one of the the noobs i would like to get a practice draft done before the real thing if it's possible

Comment

ye i should be online at 10.30 tonight and need all the help i can get

Comment

You should make sure you are there a few minutes beforehand.

You will see on the news page a link which says enter draft and click that and you are all set to go.

Comment

Just a few tips for those who are new to the game.

The biggest thing is to know is the bye weeks. This is huge because in the week that a player is off you want to have a reserve drafted to replace him.

So if you take 3 running backs then they should all have different bye weeks. You will more than likely draft a reserve QB and of course he will have to have a different bye week to your first choice. Its a huge part of the game and many people make the mistake of not concentrating on bye weeks and end up in trouble when the bye weeks start. This information is available for every player on the site when you are drafting.

Injured players who are ranked is another thing to watch out for. If a guy is only out for 1 or 2 weeks then it might be worth drafting him but any player on IR is out for the season. This site is always up to date on injuries. http://espn.go.com/nfl/injuries

There are cheat sheets available online, all you have to do is google nfl fantasy cheat sheets but the rankings on the NFL site are good enough for this draft because its not going to be very deep with only 10 players in it.

So all you do is make sure you pick in the right order to maximise your starting lineup and then pick your backups after that.

Its handy enough, you look at who the next player up in their rankings is, you check to see if he fits your team at the present time and if he does just check the injury list and if he is not injured then pick him.

Anyways hope that helps people a bit but nothing like a practice draft to really understand it.

Comment

How many did it eagle? Learned a lot from that. Happy enough with how the results tbh, but will be much wiser for the experience. Sorry didnt c u txting on the draft page
                                              Last edited by JackBurton; 02-09-10, 21:58.

Comment

Originally posted by JackBurton View Post
                                                How many did it eagle? Learned a lot from that. Happy enough with how the results tbh, but will be much wiser for the experience. Sorry didnt c u txting on the draft page
                                                No worries man, I think there was only the two of us. Its pretty nice software in fairness, runs very smoothly.

I'm gonna reset it for tomorrow night at the same time in case any of the others want to try it out.

Comment

yeah i was extremely impressed with the way it. pretty easy to follow in fairness, slightly annoying when ur next choice gets snatched by the pick before u. I'll be better prepared next time though

Comment

One piece of advice i would appreciate eagle, would u think it unwise or would u be indifferent into picking 2 wide receivers for the same team??

Comment

One piece of advice i would appreciate eagle, would u think it unwise or would u be indifferent into picking 2 wide receivers for the same team??
                                                      Its terribad.

Reasons.

They have the same bye week is the most important one.
                                                      If they come up against a tough pass defense then you are going to have a very bad week.
                                                      And really you are looking for as many no.1s as you can get. A no.1 WR on a bad team is often much better than a no.2 on a really good team.

Comment

Ok folks I'm provisionally setting the draft for Tuesday 7th September at 10 pm.

If anybody has a problem with that date and time you need to post here before then.

If you don't have a problem with it then just thumbs up the post. We only have up to Wednesday night to do the draft. I'm leaving it as late as possible.

Anyways thumbs up if you are happy with the date and time, post if you are not and suggest an alternate date and time.
                                                        Last edited by eagle eye; 03-09-10, 22:14.

Comment

And I hope you like our mascot for the league.

Comment

And I hope you like our mascot for the league.

Hmmm i can think of worse mascots!

Comment

That date seems fine to me and yeah I am Ocho Quatro

Comment

Ok folks I'm provisionally setting the draft for Tuesday 7th September at 10 pm.

If anybody has a problem with that date and time you need to post here before then.

If you don't have a problem with it then just thumbs up the post. We only have up to Wednesday night to do the draft. I'm leaving it as late as possible.

Anyways thumbs up if you are happy with the date and time, post if you are not and suggest an alternate date and time.
                                                                I dont think my wife would be impressed with telling her that we are not going out on our 10th wedding anniversary cause I got to do the fantasy draft , any time Monday or Wednesday I can do..

Comment

We have 6 in favour of Tuesday right now.

If everybody is happy to change to the same time Monday thank this post.

Comment

If everybody is happy to change to the same time Wednesday thank this post.

If everybody else is happy with Tuesday then we will stick with that date. I'll help Enzo to prepare for the draft if thats the case.

Comment

As long as it's on at 10 i'm easy on which day it is

Comment

As long as it's on at 10 i'm easy on which day it is
                                                                        I'm with JackBurton, tues/wed fine with me at 10.

Just did 1st pre-draft there, team looked pretty decent. Will be doing a lot of reading prior to real one

Comment

Presume we are not going with this tonight, can we go with Wednesday at 10? I would hate to see all my draft practising go to waste

Comment

I'll send you a pm now.

Comment

#98
                                                                              Well I sent Enzo a pm and was willing to help him set up for the draft seeing as he won't be there.

We go ahead tomorrow night as the majority are in favour of that.

Sorry Enzo but not enough were willing to change it. I might be available at some stage tomorrow to help you set it up if you want but I can't give you a definite time or anything.

Comment

#99
                                                                                Better actually do a mock draft and research how the points are handed out.
                                                                                No idea at the moment who I will pick.

Comment

Well that was fun, happy with my team but you just have to see how it goes now. Did Enzo make the draft? His team looks decent anyways.

Comment

eagle i can switch my bench and starters as i please is that correct, what day is the cut off for changes?
                                                                                    excuse my noobiness (nice word)

Comment

eagle i can switch my bench and starters as i please is that correct, what day is the cut off for changes?
                                                                                      excuse my noobiness (nice word)
                                                                                      You can put any player into your team before the kickoff time of the game he is playing in that week. You can't ever take a player out once his game has started.

Comment

Enjoyable draft, i should go make sure who i picked now!!

Looking forward to Week 1

Comment

Well that was fun, happy with my team but you just have to see how it goes now. Did Enzo make the draft? His team looks decent anyways.
                                                                                          Yip, got on for 2nd pick and managed to stay for the rest of it as I was checking some ''very important e mails from work''

Comment

I gotta say I couldn't believe that Jahvid Best wasn't taken until I took him in the 6th or 7th. He is going to have massive yardage, I know its his rookie year but they guy has looked great in preseason in the few attempts he has had.

I know that in a couple of weeks he is going to be an elite RB. I look forward to getting an elite receiver for one of my RBs when somebody loses one of their running backs.

Comment

missed this tonight. must go on and see what my team is like

Comment

missed this tonight. must go on and see what my team is like
                                                                                                Lol if u were there i doubt you'd have done any better, pretty decent imo

Comment

Managed to snatch V Jackson from chargers late on, should be great considering he never signed a contract so misses at least 6 games + bye week 10 ,

This is going to wreck my head. I have watched pretty much most live games on sky, channel 4, eurosport, screensport etc over the years but now I'm going to be jumping off chairs every time someone like the steelers throw a 50 yard pass in the hope that the black guy underneath not only catch's it but that the name on his back is Wallace, football is never going to be the same again...

Comment

Lol if u were there i doubt you'd have done any better, pretty decent imo
                                                                                                    Im 100% certain the auto pick knows more than me so maybe it was a good thing

Comment

Hehe, thats funny. There will be a live scoring thing which is great fun too. You check it now and again to see how things are going. The NFL are saying that you will see every touchdown your players score this year. I don't know if thats gonna be available over here though.

Comment

Im 100% certain the auto pick knows more than me so maybe it was a good thing
                                                                                                        Eh you need to check your team again. Fyi you have 7 running backs

Comment

I cant believe I got crabtree in the 5th he was an absolute steal imo.

as for Rice

Comment

Eh you need to check your team again. Fyi you have 7 running backs
                                                                                                            ye i just checked it there now. that was the first thing i noticed. when is the first time i can make changes. playing 3WR every week and having no reserves but 2 RBs with 5 in reserve

Comment

ye i just checked it there now. that was the first thing i noticed. when is the first time i can make changes. playing 3WR every week and having no reserves but 2 RBs with 5 in reserve
                                                                                                              Oops, didnt see ur bench, not a bad starting line up though. My wide receivers suck, and my bench is pretty mediocre, although i'm happy getting crayton, i think Rivers will use him quite a bit. Interesting to see a couple of the veterans pick two tight ends, have i missed a trick there?

Comment

You can make changes now if you want. There is a waiver wire thing which is basically an order by which people bring in players. So what happens is if somebody ahead of you on the waiver wire wants to bring in the same player he will get him. Then he goes to the bottom of the waiver wire which means if you had two players that you wanted to bring in and he gets the first one then you get the second one. I don't think you will have many problems with that right now as there wouldn't be too many look to change things at this stage.

You can also look to trade. If you can identify a team with a problem at running back or too many wide receivers and you would like one then you just offer them a trade.

Comment

Funkymonk I have an extra WR if you want to trade. Rice be his name. Decent player had over 1000 recieving yards last season

Comment

Looking for Pierre Thomas to get me off to a good start tonight

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                                                      Looking for Pierre Thomas to get me off to a good start tonight
                                                                                                                      Its gonna be AP 'all day' u know it! 100 yrd game and 2 TDs please AP.
                                                                                                                      Ur gonna regret not picking him first ghostie, mark my words

Comment

Damn u funkymonk and ur auto picks, Shiancoe bagging 13.60 and outscoring AP
                                                                                                                        Not the start i was looking for. Don't know how you sleep at night.

Comment

PT > AP (well for 1st week anyway )

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X