Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tough Live Sat spot

Opinions on the following please
    Live sat to Waterford 500 game last night.
    46 players started.37 left. 10 Tickets
    Blinds 400/800. Average stack 19000.
    All players in hand all have me covered.

UTG Limps as does player in mid position.
    I make it 3800 on the Button with AQs.(Playing 16800)
    Small blinds Tanks for while then call. (seems fairly solid but did call over raise earlier when on bb with 5,3s)
    UTG(good and solid player) calls
    Mid position calls(bad player,Just shoved with a,10 after raise and re raise and dogged a guy to get up to 20000)

Flop (16,100)
    A,J,8 with two hearts.
    SB bets 3000?
    Utg folds and Mid position shoves.
    Action on me.
    Automatic call here given the pot size? Bare in mind this is a sat!

just ship it in pre imo
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by hatedajacks View Post
      Blinds 400/800
      UTG Limps
      Computer says no

Comment

Yeah with two limps in front of you I'm happy enough jamming that in for 20bb.

I'd imagine your reads on UTG and SB are very wrong anyway. UTG is more likely to be a fish than solid, and if SB is making such enormous mistakes as the 35s hand then he can't be good.

If MP wasn't such a fish its a snapfold. Pretty weird hand tbh. What is more important than MP here is SB's leading range. Some guys just always have it here when they lead, but lots of live guys can have some randomish hand that has somehow connected, but not massively, with the board. Also, if your reads are right, MP is probably shoving all aces here along with FDs and maybe other stuff.

With that I guess I reshove really really fast and hope the SB thinks your huge if your actually behind him. Like he's not calling with a worse hand, so you may as well try and make him think you are enormous, which is easy enough to do in this spot.
        Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Originally posted by hatedajacks View Post
          UTG Limps as does player in mid position.
          Small blinds Tanks for while then call. (seems fairly solid but did call over raise earlier when on bb with 5,3s)
          Mid position calls(bad player,Just shoved with a,10 after raise and re raise and dogged a guy to get up to 20000)

!
          your description of the guys is fairly hard to follow

UTG limps yet you call him a good solid player???? ffs even i don't limp utg

SB you refer to him as a fairly solid player but yet he calls from the BB with 53s there is alot of better hands to be calling with other than this crap

MP may well be a donk

iam with TG and RD here and shoving pre is probably best here if they are as bad as you describe you could well get a caller with worse anyone turning anything better should be violated for bad play

edit:
          iam also against calling now
          Last edited by Angry-Ball; 09-07-10, 10:27.

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Does anyone think the raise pre is too much??

I would probably go with TG here and push pre as there is only 4 hands that are crushing you if there is a call, anything else and your racing in not too bad a shape. As played i would probably fold now considering its a sat , but i become very nitty in sats and think its something i need to change.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
              Computer says no
              Nice one Tony.In fairness to utg.I hated the limp pre too but he had big stack and i am guessing he was looking to get in cheap/set mine and guarentee his ticket.Not agreeing with it but guess thats what he was thinking.He wouldnt normally limp.
              I think in hindside the biggest mistake was not shoving pre but as played i think its a tricky spot on flop.

Comment

Yeah, ship her in pre. 2 limps + blinds will do nicely ty.

As you've played it, you see AJ, 88 or A8sooooooted here a TON so I don't mind a fold, I suppose.

What were the suits on the flop btw? AxJh8h? Or AhJx8h. Because if its the Ah then we know someone isnt shipping Axh, which matters a lot imo.

Comment

bah, I usually fold given the action but if MP is as bad as he is you might have to call.

the q's are what is SB leading with and what is MP pushing with

I think its unlikely SB leads with a set, possible he leads with AJ though. also possible he's donk betting a crap ace as he thinks it'll cost him less to find out if he's outkicked that way.

but if he's flopped a big hand first to act in a four way raised pot on an ace high flop with the original aggressor last to act, is he really going to lead at it?

so we can deduce we're most likely ahead of SB

similiarly, while MP may well push AJ 88 etc, he also pushes two hearts, 910 and worse aces a lot

so I think we can also deduce that we're ahead of his range also

so call and clench your ass cheeks

can poker stove calculate our equity including as against flush draws and two pair hands we may improve on?

if not borrow that octopus

Comment

Working...
                  X