No announcement yet.

The Open, St Andrews, 15/18 July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tiger threw away all his good work last three holes.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
      Good day for me so far.

Frodo's implosion has massively helped, if Tiger can get round the back nine level, I'd be more than happy.
      Good one for me too. Layed a bit of Oothuizen, I'm green on everyone, and big time green on Tiger and Oosthuizen , roll on the weekend!!!

(badly needed after a horrible world cup)

Comment

Horrible day for Rory. I hope he can get back to his magical form tomorrow. He really was lost out there today.

Just seen Clarkey's putt there. I never seen anybody that has hold as many ridiculous putts as Darren. And I'm not saying he is a great putter, just he certainly holes more than his fair share of those really, really long ones.
        'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Marginal green on the field at the mo bar big green Tiger, big red Clarke,McIlroy and my major worry Westwood and a few other outsiders.

Took a chunk of McDowell tonight at 19, who I think has a huge chance, on a course he likes, able for all conditions, and playing with no pressure really thanks to his US Open win. So going big green on G-Mac to make him and Tiger equal winners.

Laying Casey too now, so got Casey and Westwood big red which is a minor worry, but still early days yet and can move liabilities around if either makes a big charge.

Comment

I backed Calcavecchia, Lehman, Tiley and Jeong just now.

Calc is too big at 46, I know he is getting on but he has won a British Open and every once in a while he just comes out of nowhere and wins. When he gets in contention he is really dangerous.

Lehman too is getting on but he is going quietly along and again he is a major winner. I just couldn't resist at 110.

Tiley hasn't done anything but he has only played 10 holes and I'm taking a chance that he gets nice weather in the morning and finishes off his round well. If he does finish that round well I can see him dropping a lot from his current price of 75.

Jeong won the British Amateur last month and there was a lot of talk about him as he is the first Asian to win it. He could be anything and he is currently sitting on -5 with just he 18th to play and a likely birdie. He is -1 for his round so far and thats really impressive considering the conditions he played in. I looked at his card and he shot a -1 front nine. How can you not like taking some of him at 180.
            'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

scooped win each n double o heir n mahan in 3 balls yesterday, its going into play now n im fairly buckled

Comment

i love golf punting

gl every one, but its o heir the german kid r westy taking this

Comment

Jesus gonna be a long day today, leaders out at 4.40pm.

Might be an advantage as wind might be dying towards the harder back nine for them. Although wind is similar all day according to Kincsem's link.

Woods has a decent pairing with Clarke, as both seem to enjoy playing together.

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                    I backed Calcavecchia, Lehman, Tiley and Jeong just now.

Calc is too big at 46, I know he is getting on but he has won a British Open and every once in a while he just comes out of nowhere and wins. When he gets in contention he is really dangerous.

Lehman too is getting on but he is going quietly along and again he is a major winner. I just couldn't resist at 110.

Tiley hasn't done anything but he has only played 10 holes and I'm taking a chance that he gets nice weather in the morning and finishes off his round well. If he does finish that round well I can see him dropping a lot from his current price of 75.

Jeong won the British Amateur last month and there was a lot of talk about him as he is the first Asian to win it. He could be anything and he is currently sitting on -5 with just he 18th to play and a likely birdie. He is -1 for his round so far and thats really impressive considering the conditions he played in. I looked at his card and he shot a -1 front nine. How can you not like taking some of him at 180.
                    Jeong has a chance imo. Been so impressed so far, one for the notebook for sure.

Comment

Big Phil is currently E and 125/1, Rory is -1 and 28/1. Took a small bit of that. If Phil can put another few birdies on his card, he may not be far behind!

Comment

Come on Jin Jeong!

Comment

Great value @ 180, took a slice myself earlier, but @ 125, obv. didnt get on in time.

Comment

I'm aboard the Sergio Garcia ship now. He is capable of anything when he starts holing putts.

Comment

McIlroy playing well today, good to see after yesterday's debacle, might get worried if he makes a couple more.

Comment

I'm aboard the Sergio Garcia ship now. He is capable of anything when he starts holing putts.
                                More funny to burn your money i reckon.

Comment

More funny to burn your money i reckon.
                                  Its not costing me much, he was 110 when I backed him. He was worth a small investment at that price given some of the rounds he has shot in the Open.

Comment

Warming up nicely this, so many people up there who could win it, really looking forward to this evening and tomorrow

Comment

Its not costing me much, he was 110 when I backed him. He was worth a small investment at that price given some of the rounds he has shot in the Open.
                                      I know, it's just it's Sergio, guy will will play impeccably and then just break your heart doing something stupid.

Comment

I know, it's just it's Sergio, guy will will play impeccably and then just break your heart doing something stupid.
                                        If you think for one second that I have any intention of being still on him with 9 holes to play tomorrow,

Well you're mad

Comment

A lot of very dangerous players starting to stick their head above the parapet now.

Comment

Tiger finish.

Comment

This is fucking amazing

Comment

Feel sorry for Oosthuizen. Everyone in the world wants him to shoot his load.

Comment

Hard to stay away from this market - just taken a bit of Kyhmer @ 21, looks really in form today

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                    Feel sorry for Oosthuizen. Everyone in the world wants him to shoot his load.
                                                    Not everyone, I make a big pile if he hangs on.

Comment

Last minute adding of Stenson and Schwartzel to the stable.

Good luck all!
                                                      Choo choo.

Comment

Casey needs to put on the breaks for everyones sake.

Its a pleasure to listen to Nantzy boy in the box and an even bigger pleasure when there isn't adds every 5 mins.

Comment

I've just bet Ricky Barnes to add to my McDowell and McIlroy money that I burnt

Comment

Getting on Kaymer at 12's now. Looks likely that we're going to have a first time major winner and I reckon he'll have the most confidence in his game coming into the pressure cooker of the back 9 tomorrow if he's still in contention at that stage! Very impressed with his post round interview, seems to be taking it all in his stride with typical German Steelyness!
                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

good day today

Comment

Here's hoping Casey and Louis make a mess of 17!

Peter Allis really does grate on my nerves after a 10 hour binge of golf watching!
                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

I said I'd have a gamboool on a horse called Thinks its all over and he won.

I think I'll put all the winnings on Oosthuizen because it really does look a one man show now, Casey has a chance but its unlikely imo.

Comment

Rickie Fowler must have flown in with Easyjet.
                                                                    To accumulate enduring wealth, do not lend to grasshoppers.

Comment

just wondering what price Oosthuizen was at the start of the open.....

Comment

Originally posted by SpacedRoundUp View Post
                                                                        just wondering what price Oosthuizen was at the start of the open.....
                                                                        Around 500/1 on betfair

Comment

no way........not many would of picked him

Comment

One of the bigger players on Betfair has him backed for about £387k green, mostly pre-tourny as well. Sickness.
                                                                            Last edited by The C Kid; 18-07-10, 17:04.

Comment

ugly day, Kaymer top five would of done but painful finish

Comment

Originally posted by Wolves View Post
                                                                                Around 500/1 on betfair
                                                                                He was tipped by Eddie the Eagle on the Betfair golf forum.

I made about a grand on the tourney by my main pick Thomas Aiken finished near the end of the field.

When I don't get it right on any bet in any sport I check out the winner for clues.

These are a few interesting things about Louis Oosterhuizen this year -

(1) he won the Masters par 3 contest in Augusta in 2010 with -6 for 9 holes.
                                                                                (2) he was 2nd in the Trophee Hassan in Morocco with 66, 61, 60, 65 on the 7,343 yards course, but one (?) round was played on a much shorter course.
                                                                                (3) he followed up that 2nd place with a win in the Open de Andalucia with 64, 59, 62, 64. Par 70, 6,817 yards (short for pros).

Its hindsight, he is good on flat courses that are playing short, and can score very low in perfect conditions.
                                                                                He is obviously a very good short iron player and putter.
                                                                                The benign conditions on the morning of day 1 at St Andrews suited.

He may not be as good on a tough course with rough or lined with trees.
                                                                                In 2010 he missed the cut at the US Masters (hilly course) and the US Open (tight, stiff rough).

Comment

He was hotly tipped to be a big star on the Tour when he first joined. He won the Irish Amateur Open and he had one of the lowest ever Amateur handicaps. He started off ok on the European Tour but went the wrong way, kinda like Justin Rose but not as bad as what happened Rose.

Anybody tipping though was nuts tbh, he was in brutal form coming into the event. He has never played well at the Open including the last time at St. Andrews, and he has never done anything at the Dunhill Links Championship either.

Comment

I punted Oosterhuizen a decent amount over the last two and a half years but gave up on him, thought he bottled it in Morocco a little against Rhys Davies earlier in the year although Davies did putt great. Nature of golf betting, I remember years ago following Ernie Els for ages when he first joined the Euro Tour and giving up on him.

One of the lads rang me yesterday morning asking for a bet, I tipped Westwood and Kaymer without Louie and Casey combined at evens as the only bet, wish I had of heeded my advice.

I ended up backing marino in the match bet with Donald on the spread, 56 point swing over the last 11 holes was costly.

was also on Mahan to beat Soren K- tied/loser for me and O Heir v Goosen- loser. Was on O'Heir top ten from start, but it only covered the match bet.

Kaymer's last three holes were a disaster, was on decent at 10/1 for top five and bough 71.4 for the round, was painful watching the last three. I'm still scratching my head how he shot 74, played so well.

had really good Friday and Saturday but big enough loss overall in the end,

Comment

This thread is starting to sound like a confessional.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                      X