Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread - (Horses Betting Obv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL that's super degen Reaps:PAC: well played sir. Missed the tip myself too though.

I'll try to make up for it by getting a winner with Belon Gale in the 14.40 at Hexham 4/1 BF. I'm convinced it's the only one of these motley crew that can cope with a 4 mile slog around the mud with any degree of competence. Definitely one for the purists.
    Profit before people.

Comment

shipskiiiiiiiii,,,,,,,,fillet steak for supper 2nite

Comment

Nice touch Rattled and Reaps I admire your sickness.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
          LOL that's super degen Reaps:PAC: well played sir.
          Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
          Nice touch Rattled and Reaps I admire your sickness.
          On wall of the bookies they was a sign for responsible gambling so I backed it e/w, didn't want to go hungry, that'd be another of the 10 signs(commandments) of degeneracy achieved
          You see Billy it's like this, you either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked

Comment

LOL that's super degen Reaps:PAC: well played sir. Missed the tip myself too though.

I'll try to make up for it by getting a winner with Belon Gale in the 14.40 at Hexham 4/1 BF. I'm convinced it's the only one of these motley crew that can cope with a 4 mile slog around the mud with any degree of competence. Definitely one for the purists.
            Excellent WP

Comment

Nice one, didn't back it but hope you made a few quid....
              You see Billy it's like this, you either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                Excellent WP
                Yeah looked very comfortable throughout. Jumped like a dream, that was my only doubt, knew the conditions and distance suited.
                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaps View Post
                  Nice one, didn't back it but hope you made a few quid....
                  50 on the nose. Wouldn't go higher in a lowish class race like that without any inside info.
                  Profit before people.

Comment

pfffff.......i provided the inside info

Comment

Good shot

Comment

Paddypower say on their site that they're paying 3 places in the 7 runner betfair chase tomorrow- got to be a mistake??? Planet of sound could be worth an EW lump if it isn't.
                        Profit before people.

Comment

Paddypower say on their site that they're paying 3 places in the 7 runner betfair chase tomorrow- got to be a mistake??? Planet of sound could be worth an EW lump if it isn't.
                          2 places according to the market now anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                            2 places according to the market now anyway.
                            http://www.paddypower.com/racing/dai...?when=tomorrow
                            They must have ninja edited it at some stage. Hope someone was fired for negligence. Any other site I would have been sure it was a mistake but PP have done some mental specials over the years.

Need a new plan of attack for the race now. I was trying to get Imperial Commander beaten but can't come up with many negatives. It's record when fresh is ridic impressive. Might do the FC with planet of sound for the loots.

WP on the tip last night. Did you get any of the original 14's offered?
                            Profit before people.

Comment

They must have ninja edited it at some stage. Hope someone was fired for negligence. Any other site I would have been sure it was a mistake but PP have done some mental specials over the years.

Need a new plan of attack for the race now. I was trying to get Imperial Commander beaten but can't come up with many negatives. It's record when fresh is ridic impressive. Might do the FC with planet of sound for the loots.

WP on the tip last night. Did you get any of the original 14's offered?
                              Ya I can't see much Imperial Commander has done wrong in particular his second here last year, I still think he beat Kauto in that photo In saying that though I can also make a case for What a friend only horse to beat him last season being Denman in the Hennnessy, did nothing wrong thereafter even if it was a weak renewal of the Lexus.
                              What a Friend will come back bigger stronger and hopefully a bolder jumper than last year.
                              I've had a bet on him at 4.5 on the machine also a nibble at 14.5 for the Gold Cup because should he beat I.C today he'll shorten markedly imo.

Got a nice bit ew on Youm Matatiez at 12's yesterday this meant going to 3 diff bookies to get it on though and by the time I could post here he was 3's

Comment

Get on Bonnie Prince blue in the EW 13.40 at Southwell.9/1 now, was 12/1. When you first look at his form it looks very inconsistant, about 60 races over four years and nothing special, but his form at this level and on this particular track it's ultra consistant. He placed in 5 of his 6 class five handicaps. He's also placed in 4 of 6 runs at Southwell with the two unplaced runs coming in class two and three races which are a little above his level of abilty.

So the combination of his most successful stamping ground and level should be enough for a place at least. He's also going off his lowest mark in over a year, this after a third in a strong claimer last time out where the winning time was pretty quick and the horses finishing fourth in that races has gone on and won convincingly next time out.
                                Profit before people.

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^6
                                  Done - into 7's on PP - could be close to Fav by the off at this rate

Comment

Well picked - brutal start, great finish!

Comment

Get the fuck in, so satisfying finding formlines like that that are overlooked by bookmakers.
                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Get the fuck in, so satisfying finding formlines like that that are overlooked by bookmakers.
                                        Hadnt time to look at the race or anything so just stuck down a bet ew at 7's wp sir.

Comment

It is owned by Koo's Racing Club, a syndicate founded by 'Koo' an in running punter on the the Betfair forums. According to the original thread he was racking up thousands of profits betting in running. Once he started the syndicate the thread ended. It was interesting reading at the time with the obvious concern of whether it was all fiction or not.

The horse was obviously well backed by the owners. For future reference if you see a horse being backed in these colours the owners like a punt

Fair play in spotting the formlines.

I did a wee fiver treble at lunch below:

Kellystown Lad won @ 11/4
                                          Bonnie Prince Blue won @ 11/2
                                          Aztec Treasure @ sp 2.50 Ling (to run)

Come on AP. Nice €300 sweat for a fiver. One time greed, one time

Comment

12.30 Lingfield Tislaam. EW 6/1 Hills/Boyles

Again like yesterday he's my sort of horse. Placed in all five all-weather runs. Today's race is a little weaker than his previous few races IMO. Fav stepping up in class and on a much higher mark than his last race he won, pretty average the last time it stepped up. 2nd fav is very poor on this surface with all it's good form coming on turf. Hugh Taylor has also backed an outsider in the race which always ads a little value to the market if your opposing his selection.
                                            Last edited by The Situation; 24-11-10, 12:35.
                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Lord Redsgirth is fancied to go in here at Naas in the first

Comment

12.30 Lingfield Tislaam. EW 6/1 Hills/Boyles

Again like yesterday he's my sort of horse. Placed in all five all-weather runs. Today's race is a little weaker than his previous few races IMO. Fav stepping up in class and on a much higher mark than his last race he won, pretty average the last time it stepped up. 2nd fav is very poor on this surface with all it's good form coming on turf. Hugh Taylor has also backed an outsider in the race which always ads a little value to the market if your opposing his selection.
                                                3rd, I'll take that. I was in two mind whether to go EW. Glad I did now.
                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Done Tislaam e/w but killed any profit on finkels ahem tip

Comment

Also don't think master of dance is without an EW chance in the 14.40 at Lingers, 20/1 hills
                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Also don't think master of dance is without an EW chance in the 14.40 at Lingers, 20/1 hills
                                                      I hope he does it now at 33's

Comment

Ive done educated evans in the 2:50 . Please hold

Edit : Ha i just realised i didnt confirm the bet . Lucky plonker
                                                        Last edited by DAMO72; 24-11-10, 14:59.

Comment

8.00 - Dundalk
                                                          Lynam / Lordan newcomer Balmont Mast.
                                                          Up against average Weld / O'Brien pair but well thought of.
                                                          E/W value gone now but maybe worth a small investment ftw.

Edit - same pair have Denny Crane in the 9.00 too.
                                                          Double pays about 26/1

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                            8.00 - Dundalk
                                                            Lynam / Lordan newcomer Balmont Mast.
                                                            Up against average Weld / O'Brien pair but well thought of.
                                                            E/W value gone now but maybe worth a small investment ftw.

Edit - same pair have Denny Crane in the 9.00 too.
                                                            Double pays about 26/1
                                                            It's hard to know whether the money has come from connections or punters just blindly following the trainer/jockey combo that have a profitable record at Dundalk. Prob would have taken a bit at double figures but too short now.
                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

It's hard to know whether the money has come from connections or punters just blindly following the trainer/jockey combo that have a profitable record at Dundalk. Prob would have taken a bit at double figures but too short now.
                                                              Agreed, fun bet only

Comment

Celestial Halo looks like a certainty IMO in the 14.10 at newbury providing it stays on all fours.
                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Celestial Halo looks like a certainty IMO in the 14.10 at newbury providing it stays on all fours.
                                                                  Spirit river backed into fav and falls, then Celestial Halo ploughs through 3rd last more or less ruining any chance he had, did stay on well for a never closer third,the winner Cois Farraig doesn't look a particularly good animal so hard to know what to make of it. I didnt back him at that price today having fell lto likewise Spirit river was too short for a chase debut.

Flash Mc Gahon looks a good each way play in 2.35 Lingfield Spencer booked for J.Oxx
                                                                  Currently 7/1, 8.5 on the machine.

Comment

agreed.. flash looks a good ew value, a bit of luck in running and wallis might get the job done.
                                                                    wow into 5s from 10s ( flash)

Comment

Originally posted by japeye View Post
                                                                      agreed.. flash looks a good ew value, a bit of luck in running and wallis might get the job done.
                                                                      wow into 5s from 10s ( flash)
                                                                      Turned in stone last a solid 5th

Comment

nice one.. pitty bout the rule 4 tho, oxx horse very poor..

Comment

ugh Celestial, don't know for the life of me why I didn't lay the fav. Did you see in the in running prices after the Spirit river fell Aya?
                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

ugh Celestial, don't know for the life of me why I didn't lay the fav. Did you see in the in running prices after the Spirit river fell Aya?
                                                                            1.4 CElestial Halo

Comment

1.4 CElestial Halo
                                                                              And Spirit River was 1.39 when he fell .
                                                                              Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Btw Celestial Halo is not and never will make a chaser. Anyone who punted him today should take a look at themselves.

Maybe aftertiming but I've posted it on other forums.

Comment

Ya like Finkel says 1.4ish nice bit laid too I'd say at 1.5 or less, may be value next time out although being a Nicholls horse prob not.

Comment

ya he started very bad alright, in the 8.00 dundalk tonight i think dazzle them has a solid ew chance, backed it the last night at 20/1 n was only done a nose. good draw s wel!

Comment

Btw Celestial Halo is not and never will make a chaser. Anyone who punted him today should take a look at themselves.

I dunno, I think he could be decent. He has some quality, even though he isn't top class. His jumping is obv a major worry, but I think he has the capability to jump real fast and well, but he will defo be prone to a lot of race-ending mistakes.

Was on Spirit River as my only bet today though. Bar Dundalk. I love that place!

Comment

You will never see Celestial Halo jump another fence.

Anyone wanna lay odds on that

Edit: Paul Nicholls confirms CH return to hurdling. Sigh.
                                                                                        Last edited by Wesley Harms; 26-11-10, 15:01.

Comment

Newcastle is off tomorrow Fighting Fifth hurdle added to Newbury card instead

Reigning champion hurdler Binocular will get the chance to make his reappearance this weekend after Newbury stepped in to host the Fighting Fifth Hurdle.

Comment

Meh made a real fuck of the race, especially not laying off after the fall. Thought CH jumped well up until his fall last time out at Exeter and shaped like a future chase winner. Actually had stronger opinions about Spirit River not winning, giving it was his debut chasing and his two previous runs at Newbury were awful. Really underestimated the outsiders
                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Dundalk 7.30 tonight
                                                                                              Dahindar.
                                                                                              Great reports coming out of the yard

Comment

You will never see Celestial Halo jump another fence.

Anyone wanna lay odds on that

Edit: Paul Nicholls confirms CH return to hurdling. Sigh.
                                                                                                Maybe not, especially when there were murmurs of him going back hurdling after the last time.

Comment

Paul Nicholls reported of Celestial Halo: "He'll go back hurdling now - he just didn't like it."

Comment

Few bets today: Stormy Weather 7/1 e/w 14.00 newbury

Pandorama 9/1 e/w + carruthers 20/1 e/w in the hennessy
                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Horse racing is silly.

Comment

Denman!

Comment

Seriously though, these second season chasers can't all be well handicapped, and for the most part they represent poor value. I think Denman is the one to beat by a long way, but if I was to take a few against him I would go for Taranis and Madison Du Berlais.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                            Seriously though, these second season chasers can't all be well handicapped, and for the most part they represent poor value. I think Denman is the one to beat by a long way, but if I was to take a few against him I would go for Taranis and Madison Du Berlais.
                                                                                                            If Madison is good enough to win this I'll pack in punting.

Taranis has won 6/6 after a break of 9 weeks or more.

Still, Come on The Tank

Comment

looking forward to Denman winning this

Comment

Come on Harry! He owes me one from last year!

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                                                                                                                  Come on Harry! He owes me one from last year!
                                                                                                                  nice one!

Comment

Wp tg!
                                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Denman lost nothing in defeat there.

Impressive from Diamond Harry though

Comment

Booooooooooooommmmmmmm!!!!!!!

Comment

Traphalger look like a good e/w shot in the 14.50 at Lingfield today (10/1). Real track specialist, placing in all six of it's runs here of which three were wins and one of those places was in listed company, today's race is a class 4 handicap. Won a claimer recently after a longish break so should improve for that run. I've doubts about a few of the favourites in this race concerning the 12f trip wheras Traphalger has proven to be able to win at the distance. Couple of Irish raiders in the race, it's often tough to compare the relative strengths of the Dundalk AW races and the British AW ones, so one of those could be possibly too good but Traphalger still look good for a place at the very least IMO.
                                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X