17/07/2012 Single Each-Way Furyk, Jim @ 51.00
    Outright Betting
    Open Championship Outright Betting

Average start from Tiger

LOL @ Tiger 3.85 in running.

Free Money

Its one of those moments where I wish I had more money than sense.

-4 now.

Maybe the 1.5 for a top ten finish is even more ridic after 6 holes.

I suppose the weather forecast is reasonably benign so he is an honest enough 2.5 - 3.0 chance to snag that.

well this looks ominous

It's eventually going to happen where he destroys a field by 10 shots, could be this week

5 years ago and Woods would be 1/3 now.

And five years ago it would only have been the lay of the day not the lay of the century.
                    Tom Watson was a far better value betting proposition off his early lead a couple of years ago than Tiger is now.

3.85 layer signing in!

Tiger is playing beautifully though , couldve had a few more birdies and looks in control of everything

Strewelpeter challenging Peter Alliss for this week's most senile OAP award.

The thing about Hoey is he is either very good or very bad. Might wait and see after round 1. Don't think it will be overly windy (until sunday).
                            Last in clubhouse at +9

Straight to the putting green fir tiger.

Sergio's body language for the last couple of years has been genuinely shocking. Can't think of a professional sportsperson who visably shows so much negativity as him.

Barney

Barney
                                    Sportsperson?

I would have said that about Garcia before his sabbatical but not since from what ive seen and heard of him.

I've become to really dislike Sergio, who I used to love. He's turned into a moany fucker, always feeling sorry for himself. There was an article/interview a while back which really tilted me up.

Strewelpeter challenging Peter Alliss for this week's most senile OAP award.
                                          Holding the graph sideways it bears a striking resemblance to the titties this senile old man is rubbing money on

Originally posted by smoothcall View Post
                                            I've become to really dislike Sergio, who I used to love. He's turned into a moany fucker, always feeling sorry for himself. There was an article/interview a while back which really tilted me up.
                                            Yeah the one where he said he knows he isn't good enough to win a major? He does seem to wallow in self pity a lot, such a difference from when he burst onto the scene, seemed like such a charismatic character. You'd think there'd be a psychologist out there who could snap him out of it, but maybe the damage is irreperable.

ye thats the one, used to love him in the ryder cups too. think he held a chip in on the 18th in a major recently and just started moaning. Crowd going crazy and hes cursing it for not playing better earlier, fuck off , you play golf for a living!

I backed Sergio about 6 weeks ago in that Volvo matchplay in Spain - in the semi's V Gmac. a tight match in tough conditions, exactly the kinda thing you expect him to be up for. He just didn't want to be there, and moped around all day like a spoiled child. It was hard to watch, i swore I'd never punt the cunt again, although that wouldn't have the first time I made that promise.

from a work colleague sitting beside me here reading thread

"the biggest sulk on a golf course in the last 2 years is none other then Rory McIlroy, look at him when he misses a 5-10 ft putt or any chip around the green, he thinks it's his god given right to put it in the hole every time. He must not forget, he plays golf for a living, he's role model for young kids and he has to forget about his celebrity lifestyle and start concentrating on his golf career"

Don't shoot the messenger lads hahahaha i've a cork man beside me with a gun to my head wanting to comment on the post

Surprised by Bradley so far, happy I didn't back him to miss the cut as was close to doing so after his Irish Open performance. I'd imagine many will be stung by reading too much into that poor performance. Obv wind conditions have made it easier for the links rookies though.

Edit: may have jinxed him
                                                    Last edited by The Situation; 19-07-12, 16:50.

somebody tipped colesarts here ya?
                                                      hes 14/1 now what he start at?

~80/1

He's in my stable anyway, think a couple of other lads here had him too.

Happy to have molinari and scott up there doing well both @40s

Most of my horses down at the first, will have to reload a few bullets for the weekend.

taking colesarts single at 14/1 aswell fuck it.

Originally posted by RobotUnicorn View Post
                                                                I don't know much about golf, but love following the majors. I've seen nicholas coealsarts name pop up quite a bit in the latter stages of big tournaments. Is he worth a place bet @80/1?
                                                                sorry for late replyYES

Ha. A few days before I left for Vegas I withdrew my betfair balance. A day or so later some bet settled which left me with €163 in the account - I put it on Tiger for the US Open at 7.8 (was after the Thursday round) as I said I'd fancy a bit of a sweat on it as I'd be watching it from the states where there is very limited betfair access. Anyway obv that lost so thought no more of it.

I log into the Open market for the first time just now and notice I actually put the above bet on the Open this week by accident! Never planned to bet/trade on it this week as I'll be away for the weekend so it feels like I'm freerolling €1k if Tiger wins.

zack johnston @66 and molinari @40s keeping the dream alive

rest are prolly dead esp rose

Backed colsearts in the end after all your responses. Lol. €25 e/w @80/1 with paddys. He's made a good confident start. Let's hope he keeps it up. Tid nick.
                                                                      "true friends stab you in the front"

Think I had 6 players pre event, added another 4 tonight, I need to stop. That youwin were going some redic prices earlier, 12/1 rory 55/1 snedeker 45/1 stricker, ect, best priced nearly everyone, anybody know the score with them ?

some leaderboard
                                                                        Last edited by nicnicnic; 19-07-12, 23:38.

Think I had 6 players pre event, added another 4 tonight, I need to stop. That youwin were going some redic prices earlier, 12/1 rory 55/1 snedeker 45/1 stricker, ect, best priced nearly everyone, anybody know the score with them ?

some leaderboard
                                                                          Been told there useless, think they might charge to depoist, not sure though.

Looking forward to having a punt in the second round leader market, first round is a waste of time, may aswel play bingo.
                                                                            Backed Colsaerts @ 8.6

Crack of dawn start with the weather to be similar to today, ie better conditions for the early birds.

Backed Colsaerts @ 8.6

Crack of dawn start with the weather to be similar to today, ie better conditions for the early birds.
                                                                              I backed him at 8/1 with ladbrokes and Rory at 12/1

I was tossing between the two myself, both out early, gl.

Backed Colsaerts @ 8.6

Puke. He just shot an 8 on the 7th.

didn't expect him to falter until tomorrow or Sunday - time to reload on day two leader, Rory all over the gaff as well, poxed to only be +1 for round

As Nicky would say. Bloodbath

Just added Olesen. Giving up now. Take the beating like a man.

Did Sergio start becoming Johnny negative when he got the poker bug? Hummm

Go tiger , moving day, you gotta love it.

Kooooooooch!

Paying for my next holiday.

Since there's only a few ahead of the pack and with wind set to blow Sunday I think the players circa level still have a chance. Watson 240/1 , laird 160/1 , petter son , Donaldson . Some great prices on Betfair for a few bob. This stage us open put €5 on Simpson @ 230 . Lost a few hundred on other donkeys of course same tourney. My man siem just doesn't like links

Did a 3rd rd 2 ball accum.

Dustin Johnson 1/2
                                                                                                Fran Molinari 4/6
                                                                                                Zach Johnson evs
                                                                                                Luke Donald 1/3
                                                                                                Kuchar 10/11
                                                                                                Tiger 4/11

Molinari oosthuizen woods Donald and Scott accumulator for me.

So Olesen is the absolute wildcard in the pack. Will be interesting to see how he goes today. Most likely fall to the occasion.

Dustin Johnson 1/2
                                                                                                      Fran Molinari 4/6
                                                                                                      Zach Johnson evs
                                                                                                      Luke Donald 1/3
                                                                                                      Kuchar 10/11
                                                                                                      Tiger 4/11
                                                                                                      Molinari oosthuizen woods Donald and Scott accumulator for me.
                                                                                                      4/11 Tiger is a dreadful price.

Nah, kid will have a meltdown playing with Tiger. Prolly a 1.1 shot

Provided there's no meltdown like the US Open he should comfortably win, 4/11 only a little skinny really.

See that interview just now with the kid. He's completely star struck, he won't break 80

He's not that bad man, won the Sicilian open a couple of months ago. I reckon he'll shoot early 70's, but with conditions the way they are Tiger should beat him by at least 5 shots.

Prob ninja delete this post later so don't quote.

He's not that bad man, won the Sicilian open a couple of months ago and had a strong finish recently in the Open de France. I reckon he'll shoot early 70's, but with conditions the way they are Tiger should beat him by at least 5 shots.

Prob ninja delete this post later so don't quote.
                                                                                                                Did you see the interview, he is in total awe of TW. Like a 10 year old waiting to play with his hero

The Guy introduces the Golfers at the First Tee is a Boss

Did you see the interview, he is in total awe of TW. Like a 10 year old waiting to play with his hero
                                                                                                                    €20 side bet that he'll break 80?

Anyone think Snedeker is worth a punt @ 5.5 ?

Dustin Johnson 1/2
                                                                                                                          Fran Molinari 4/6
                                                                                                                          Zach Johnson evs
                                                                                                                          Luke Donald 1/3
                                                                                                                          Kuchar 10/11
                                                                                                                          Tiger 4/11
                                                                                                                          First two in the bag, Zach two clear and good start for Donald. Paul Lawrie had a lot of good fortune yeasterday to get where he is, Kuchar had a solid front and a cracking back nine, so confident with that one.

Zack Johnson V Thomas Bjorn is the slippy one, Bjorn just closed the gap to one.