Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Football Competition - Name Five Scorers

Rules

• Pick five players to score during the weekend’s premiership fixtures.
    • Any player can be picked and it’s also possible to pick the same player twice or more (he will have to score a goal for each time he is picked).
    • If ALL five of your players score you will win or share in the prizepool
    • Results will be checked after the last match of that weekend. Ie if you have 5 scorers on Sat 5pm and someone else is waiting for the Monday night match, they will have a chance to share the prizepool.
    • If no one has five scorers we go on to the next weekend and you can pick from fresh again.
    • Own goals do NOT count. ie if you had Lescott yesterday as one of your scorers he would not have counted. Vermeelan on the other hand on Sat would have counted as he scored at both ends .
    If a player does not play or is injured early, tough shit.
    • Official scorer results will be taken from the Fantasy Premier League website http://fantasy.premierleague.com/fixtures/
    • Entry is €4 a week but has to be paid in instalments of €20 (will cover five weeks). If someone wins after say 3 weeks they will only get that amount of the prizepool (number of entrants x 3 x €4).
    • Put the full name of your 5 scorers (surname will do if its blatantly obvious who the player is) along with their clubs in one post before Sat 12 noon. DO NOT EDIT THAT POST again or you will be out for that weekends jackpot. There will be no leeway on this.
    • If you had all 5 scorers you can make a claim on the thread after your match and it will be verified.
    . No new entrants during rollovers

Good Example
    Suarez (Liverpool)
    Van Persie* (Arsenal)
    Van Persie* (Arsenal)
    Glen Johnson (Liverpool)
    Chiquarito (Utd)

*Obv Van Persie will need to get two to count here.

Bad Example
    Johnson
    Suarez
    Silva (Utd)
    Van Persie
    Da Silva

If I missed anything we can clear it up before Sat.

Fixtures for this week and details of where to lodge money (Megatron is setting this up) to follow.
    Last edited by KevIRL; 02-12-11, 19:22. Reason: Add condition re new entrants

Saturday, 3 December 2011
    Newcastle v Chelsea, 12:45
    Blackburn v Swansea, 15:00
    Man City v Norwich, 15:00
    QPR v West Brom, 15:00
    Tottenham v Bolton, 15:00
    Wigan v Arsenal, 15:00
    Aston Villa v Man Utd, 17:30

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, 4 December 2011
    Everton v Stoke, 15:00
    Wolverhampton v Sunderland, 16:00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, 5 December 2011
    Fulham v Liverpool, 20:00

These are the fixtures that will count for week 1.

Comment

In

Comment

Transfer details

Nickname : IPBfooty
        Email: football@IPB.com

If you want to lodge in a shop the username is IPBFootball

The account is in Eur so if you need any help transferring just drop me a PM
        Last edited by 6starpool; 29-11-11, 18:24.

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
          Nickname : IPB footy
          Email: football@IPB.com

The account is in Eur so if you need any help transferring just drop me a PM
          Can we lodge in a shop to this?

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
            Can we lodge in a shop to this?
            Yeah, its in my post

Comment

Sounds good Careca. Make it €4 or €5 a week tho

Ship €20 to cover 4/5 weeks imo

Comment

Sounds good but agree with Tony about the 4/5 euro.

Dice can I ship you an online transfer as I dont have a functioning Boyles account? Its handy because I have you setup for transfers after the syndicate. No bother if its a hassle.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                  Sounds good but agree with Tony about the 4/5 euro.

Dice can I ship you an online transfer as I dont have a functioning Boyles account? Its handy because I have you setup for transfers after the syndicate. No bother if its a hassle.
                  No probs.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                    No probs.
                    Cheers I'll ship when we confirm how much we're doing.

Comment

No probs. Will edit it to €4 a week, so €20 to start.

Comment

In

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                          In
                          Are you happy enough with Fantasy league for clarification? Wasn't sure if you meant football PL or fantasy PL. Fantasy site seemed better?

Comment

No probs. Will edit it to €4 a week, so €20 to start.
                            Shipped €20 to Dice.

Cheers.

Comment

@ Careca

is it an idea to PM you our choices before Saturday 11am, and you put them all up at any stage before the games kick off? Not sure if it will be too much hassle or not. People may prefer to just stick up their entries themselves tho but i'd like to keep mine till the last second

Comment

In

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                  @ Careca

is it an idea to PM you our choices before Saturday 11am, and you put them all up at any stage before the games kick off? Not sure if it will be too much hassle or not. People may prefer to just stick up their entries themselves tho but i'd like to keep mine till the last second
                                  I've no problem with that but I honestly doubt I would have the time on Sat to post them up or after 4pm on Friday for that matter. I'm not too sure how much of an issue it would be. I'll have mine up on Friday and anyone who wants to copy can If you leave it til after 10am on Sat I reckon you'll be safe enough.

Comment

what happens if someone joins in the 4th week and wins straight away after the prizepool not having been won in advance?

Comment

Originally posted by CheckRaise View Post
                                      what happens if someone joins in the 4th week and wins straight away after the prizepool not having been won in advance?
                                      No new entrants during rollovers.

Comment

Entering 2 names, myself and Derry, and for Hurricanes benefit, derry and I

Comment

Money transferred Ciaran.

Just so people know, there is no soace in the name to transfer to, so it is IPBfooty, not as listed above with the space as I got an error when I tried with the space.

I know it says post names here, but people talking about PM's. Which is it? Posting here seems like the most transparent way I think.

Comment

in for this
                                            Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post

Just so people know, there is no soace in the name to transfer to, so it is IPBfooty, not as listed above with the space as I got an error when I tried with the space.

I know it says post names here, but people talking about PM's. Which is it? Posting here seems like the most transparent way I think.
                                              Too much hassle to collect PMs imo. Post them here and we'll see how it goes from there. Lads will have too much pride to copy others and prob already have their minds made up. Will lodge in the shop at lunchtime today/tomorrow.

Comment

Would anyone be able to accept a transfer on Stars for this and pass it on to Ciaran??

Comment

Lodged in shop just there. Can't see any problem in winning it tbh

Comment

Lodged €20 in shop just now too. Dunno if there's any reference on it but it was from the Leixlip branch anyway.

Comment

Can you edit that post?

Comment

€40 sent for myself & Eoghan104.

Comment

We should really post them up here for the lolz. I wanna have a laugh at some of ye're picks!!

Comment

OK, I'll go with some obvious ones to start.

Robin van Persie - Arsenal
                                                            Luis Suarez - Liverpool
                                                            Emmanual Adebayor - Spurs
                                                            Sergio Aguero - Man City
                                                            Demba Ba - Newcastle

Apart from Ba, the rest are certain starters in games their clubs should win. Presumably none of them will score now as I'm first out of the blocks, but there you go, players named as I might forget otherwise.

Comment

Nice one Dom. Will probably have one or two of them myself. GL.

Comment

Here is my selection

Suarez (Liverpool)
                                                                Aguero (Man City)
                                                                Yakubu (Blackburn)
                                                                Sturridge (Chelsea)
                                                                Adebayor (Spurs)

Comment

Here is mine

Adebayor - Spurs)
                                                                  Adebayor - Spurs)
                                                                  Robin van Persie - Arsenal
                                                                  Demba Ba - Newcastle
                                                                  Crouch - Stoke

Comment

Sergio Aguero - Man City
                                                                    David Silva - Man City
                                                                    Emmanuel Adebayor - Tottenham Hotspur
                                                                    Robin Van Persie - Arsenal
                                                                    Javier Hernandez - Man Utd

Comment

Going to wait til Team news is in Friday night/Saturday morn. Don't see the point putting anything up now especially as you can't change your picks

Comment

I think it might be an idea to say we can change picks up to a certain time. Maybe even only for injuries or players being ruled out?

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                          I think it might be an idea to say we can change picks up to a certain time. Maybe even only for injuries or players being ruled out?
                                                                          I 100% agree with careca's rule tbh

• Put the full name of your 5 scorers (surname will do if its blatantly obvious who the player is) along with their clubs in one post before Sat 11am. DO NOT EDIT THAT POST again or you will be out for that weekends jackpot. There will be no leeway on this.
                                                                          It gets too messy if people can edit and change posts, and if it goes part 24 hours it means that they'll have to repost completely. I think once you put up your entries, you're stuck with them and that's the gamble. Otherwise, wait until you're sure of your 5 picks

Comment

I 100% agree with careca's rule tbh

It gets too messy if people can edit and change posts, and if it goes part 24 hours it means that they'll have to repost completely. I think once you put up your entries, you're stuck with them and that's the gamble. Otherwise, wait until you're sure of your 5 picks
                                                                            Agree completely, although I say make it 11.30 on Saturday, so it keeps with the Fantasy Football link. This would also mean we could stick by the FPL gameweeks for the busy xmas period

Comment

#39
                                                                              Agree completely, although I say make it 11.30 on Saturday, so it keeps with the Fantasy Football link. This would also mean we could stick by the FPL gameweeks for the busy xmas period
                                                                              Yeah, i think it should be ok to post once it's timestamped before the official kick-off time of the earliest Saturday game.

Comment

#40
                                                                                Happy enough to change time on Sat. 12pm should be fine though as there won't be a match before that. Leaving it til start of first match could cause problems on the off chance IPB was down for a short period of time. Once was all agree to a time then its fine.

Kev can you edit original post and change time? Ta.

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Picks for this week -

Aguero (Man City)
                                                                                  Adebayor (Spurs)
                                                                                  Aguero ( Man City)
                                                                                  Rooney (Utd)
                                                                                  Malouda (Chelsea)
                                                                                  Last edited by Dice75; 03-12-11, 08:22.

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Is this closed off now?

Can I assume that there will be no more transfers?

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Picks for this week -

Aguero (Man City)
                                                                                      Adebayor (Spurs)
                                                                                      No Goalscorer (Norwich)
                                                                                      No Goalscorer (Wigan)
                                                                                      No Goalscorer (Bolton)
                                                                                      Hmmm 0-0 draws aren't allowed imo. We're looking for goalscorers, not non-goalscorers

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Picks for this week -

Aguero (Man City)
                                                                                        Adebayor (Spurs)
                                                                                        No Goalscorer (Norwich)
                                                                                        No Goalscorer (Wigan)
                                                                                        No Goalscorer (Bolton)
                                                                                        Level?

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Is this closed off now?

I haven't transferred yet Ciaran. Will do it this eve when i get online

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Is this closed off now?

Not sure. Premierstone wanted someone to do a transfer for him. How many have you got at this stage?

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Hmmm 0-0 draws aren't allowed imo. We're looking for goalscorers, not non-goalscorers
                                                                                              Worth a try - will edit before cutoff 2mrw.

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Anybody able to facilitate a Stars swap/payment?

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                                                                                                  Would anyone be able to accept a transfer on Stars for this and pass it on to Ciaran??
                                                                                                  Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                                                                                  Anybody able to facilitate a Stars swap/payment?
                                                                                                  If you don't get someone by tomorrow, put your picks in anyway and you can lodge in a shop next week. More the merrier and we'll presume you are good for it

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    If you don't get someone by tomorrow, put your picks in anyway and you can lodge in a shop next week. More the merrier and we'll presume you are good for it
                                                                                                    I'll move some money on moneybookers and get it across. Always looking for the easy option!

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      I just spotted this thread again. I will put the €40 in the account in the shop in the morning.

Connie

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        1. Van Persie (Arsenal)
                                                                                                        2. Rooney (Utd)
                                                                                                        3. Van der Vaart (Spurs)
                                                                                                        4. Adebeyor (Spurs)
                                                                                                        5. Baines (Everton)

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          Worth a try - will edit before cutoff 2mrw.
                                                                                                          Im gonna have to quote the op here:
                                                                                                          "• Put the full name of your 5 scorers (surname will do if its blatantly obvious who the player is) along with their clubs in one post before Sat 12 noon. DO NOT EDIT THAT POST again or you will be out for that weekends jackpot. There will be no leeway on this."

Id say your gonna have to sit and watch week 1

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            These are derrys 5 scorers

Vanpersie (arsenal)

Aguero (city)

adebayor (spurs)

Yakubu (Blackburn)

Helgusson (QPR)

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              Van Persie (Arsenal)
                                                                                                              Arteta (Arsenal)
                                                                                                              Bale (Spurs)
                                                                                                              Adebayor (Spurs)
                                                                                                              Aguero (City)

Monies transferred btw

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                How do I change my account to € so I can transfer?

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  Van Persie - Arsenal
                                                                                                                  Dzeko - Man City
                                                                                                                  Aguero - Man city
                                                                                                                  Ba - Newcastle
                                                                                                                  Bale - Tottenham

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    How do I change my account to € so I can transfer?
                                                                                                                    You're in anyway. Money can be sorted later. Dice you can change yours obv, just this once !!

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      Cuttting it tight!!! (not planmed)

Van Persie

Aguero

Silva

Adebayor

kevin Doyle

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        Might be better value especially this week due to fixtures.

Ladbrokes have an anytime goalscorer coupon.

Pick 3 players to score anytime and get at least 10/1.

I have gone for Dzeko, Adebayor and VP (market price 2.98/1)

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X