I have blockers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have blockers!

Opponent in this hand I've only got like 40 hands on, so fwiw he's 36/21 and has 3 bet 11% over a tiny sample of 18. I doubt he has much on me since I just recently changed screen names, I'd just look like a standard reg, we played one hand of note where he flatted me from the BB, check raised a 447 rainbow flop, checked a king turn that brought a back door flush draw and check folded an ace river that completed it.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (5 handed) - Party-Poker Hand Converter from HandHistoryConverter.com

SB ($100)
    Hero (UTG) ($127.79)
    Button ($110.32)
    BB ($96.74)
    MP ($120.58)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 6, 6
    Hero bets $3, 1 fold, Button calls $3, 2 folds

Flop: ($7.50) 9, 3, 5 (2 players)
    Hero bets $5, Button calls $5

Turn: ($17.50) K (2 players)
    Hero bets $12, Button calls $12

River: ($41.50) 4 (2 players)
    Hero checks, Button bets $30 Hero ???

In this hand I decided to barrel a good turn for it, planning to fire on alot of rivers. When this river comes I check, he then bets 3/4 pot. Basically I think his range here is pretty weak for the most part. We can rule out sets and two pairs, and most of the draws missed the only one that got there was 67 which he isn't often calling the turn with and I've got blockers including one to the combo draw. So when he bets the river I think his range is alot of kings that floated the flop, some marginal made hands he's turning into a bluff, missed draws and 67 and his bet sizing means his range may be a bit more polarised than that, does anyone like a shove here because he pretty much has to fold everything bar the nuts which he has to have so so rarely? I don't think a call here is great, so I think it's shove or fold. Anyone like a shove or should I just fold?
    "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

yeah you'd expect AK to 3bet and not too many dominated Kings would be calling an UTG raise but even so its a tough call without reads for someone to call a push with even KQ,KJ here. Most of the straight draw and flush draws missed unless hes something really weird like A2combo and theres no real 2 pair hands in hes range other than 54,43 combo.

Hes probably calling the DB light as we expect other tags will feel this is a good DB turn (its almost to the stage that DB these turns vs tags isnt very effective with overcards like this these days as were expected to DB most of our range on an overcard but thats off topic) and you look weak so he may well turn 65 underpairs into bluffs and occasionally 98,T9 into a thin value bet all of which cant call a push.

Also when he doesn't raise either flop or turn he rarely has 2 pair+ and its believable giving all the draws missed that wed go for a check with a strong hand allowing him the opportunity to bluff. So although id like more stats to get an idea if this player doesn't make hero calls i think this is definitely a good spot for a push especially since he rarely has a big hand here giving hes button call and flop and turn action.

Comment

I don't think its a good spot for a river c/r cos you'd expect him to be checking back this river a lot, therefore you can't really rep it too well, cos its much better to just bet your hands on this board vs an aggro guy.

That being said, he should probably have enough weakish hands going for thin value or bluffs for it to be profitable. He'll probably call a lot though cos you look FOS.
      Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

i guess you have a point but any TAG at 100nl is very unlikely to call a push without any piece of that K and theres a lot of Ks that fold that too and so little kings in hes range anyway, can we really see a 100nl making a hero call here too often with 9x, TT-QQ with little or no reads....... i seriously doubt it

A better reg may make the call but its still a really really tough call without reads which as OP said hes a new sn so i highly doubt it but id love to hear more opinions

Comment

Working...
        X