Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread - (Horses Betting Obv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Augusta gold today in tramore 17.05 should be the equivalent of picking money up off the floor.
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
      Augusta gold today in tramore 17.05 should be the equivalent of picking money up off the floor.
      More holiday vouchers. And didn't even have to bend down.

Comment

Go into a shop chancing arm and try to get a sum of money at current price of 33's for next days racing and the cashier follows correct procedure and rings it through to risk and they only offer SP. Obv don't take that but go to shop up the road and cashier doesn't follow procedure and takes bet.
        If trader spots this can they change that bet to SP only or is it fair game once the cashier doesn't do their job right?
        Last edited by The Situation; 16-04-18, 20:32.
        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
          Go into a shop chancing arm and try to get a sum of money at current price of 33's for next days racing and the cashier follows correct procedure and rings it through to risk and they only offer SP. Obv don't take that but go to shop up the road and cashier doesn't follow procedure and takes bet.
          If trader spots this can they change that bet to SP only or is it fair game once the cashier doesn't do their job right?
          I’d imagine they will honor the bet with the cashier getting a rap on the knuckles

Comment

Don't be that guy.... what's the bet?!

Comment

7 runner Grade 2 hurdle at Fairyhouse today, all runners trained by either WPM or Elliott.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                7 runner Grade 2 hurdle at Fairyhouse today, all runners trained by either WPM or Elliott.
                Big hc hurdle they had 10 out of first 11 home between them or 12 from 1st 14. Mental.

Comment

Backed Ballyoptic and Why We Dream today. One beaten by a nostril, the other one by a head. At least I'm off for next week for Punchestown and things improve. Was told to back On to Victory in the next in Nottingham but honestly think if I backed in a one horse race at the moment itd get beat somehow.
                  Last edited by Pat Mustard; 21-04-18, 17:26.
                  Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Mengli Khan 16:20 Punchestown

Was bred to be a Derby winner. Looks good for this .. If it's tight coming towards the end it'll win.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                      Mengli Khan 16:20 Punchestown

Was bred to be a Derby winner. Looks good for this .. If it's tight coming towards the end it'll win.
                      Unlucky there. Just over money back if you did e/w

Comment

Had Al Boum Photo there to save the day ffs. What the absolute fcuk. Gas listening to Ted Walsh looking for reasons to excuse him. Someone must have caught his eye. Not a personn within 90yds of the final fence.

Comment

Surely could have done something more subtle there. Gotta be a lengthy ban.
                          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                            Had Al Boum Photo there to save the day ffs. What the absolute fcuk. Gas listening to Ted Walsh looking for reasons to excuse him. Someone must have caught his eye. Not a personn within 90yds of the final fence.
                            Unlucky, only saw the replay. What was he doing? PP refunding as a free bet if you backed there, no max.

Comment

That was mental, between the first two going down at the previous and whatever the fuck that was

However (massive poxy bastard after time alert)
                              SPOILER
                              as an aside, was on the 2nd horse @50/1 ew & the 3rd horse ew

&
                              Had 3rd horse in an ew double

Might be time to do the lotto

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                Unlucky, only saw the replay. What was he doing? PP refunding as a free bet if you backed there, no max.
                                My guess is that he knew there was carnage behind him at the 2nd last and there was an eerie silence coming to the last, looked too good to be true and had the air of a false start to it and he had a brain fart and bypassed.
                                No afraid not pp. Had a falling out with Betfair about a bet, cancelled my acc and later discovered this also counted for pp!(seeing they are the same company now it transferred!. ffs!.

Edit: Also it was a match bet i had it in so money back only applies to singles.
                                Last edited by rounders123; 24-04-18, 18:30.

Comment

21 day ban for dangerous riding, but no report as to what happened yet

Comment

Still head scratching. Those experienced jockeys are usually very skillful in the dark arts. Was so blatant you'd wonder what the hell went through his head.
                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Seen a possible English winner and said no way and took him out
                                      Won’t be getting a stable job with Tizzard now

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                        Still head scratching. Those experienced jockeys are usually very skillful in the dark arts. Was so blatant you'd wonder what the hell went through his head.
                                        Only reasonable explanation I can come up with is that there was a genuine brainfart moment where he thought they were being told not to jump the last.

I was right down at the last fence watching it and went away laughing as I'd done a €2 forecast Storyteller and Jury duty, only found out that Monbeg had run on to do me when I went to collect

Also describe to me what a scenario where Townsend would need desperately that horse not to win would look like
                                        Last edited by Strewelpeter; 24-04-18, 19:56.
                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                          Only reasonable explanation I can come up with is that there was a genuine brainfart moment where he thought they were being told not to jump the last.

I was right down at the last fence watching it and went away laughing as I'd done a €2 forecast Storyteller and Jury duty, only found out that Monbeg had run on to do me when I went to collect

Also describe to me what a scenario where Townsend would need desperately that horse not to win would look like
                                          I find it hard to tbh, but find it hard to see any rational reason for his actions.
                                          Profit before people.

Comment

If someone falls foul of the “dark side” they may be asked to perform certain tasks.
                                            Eg if a person owed a debt to the dark side they might be asked to do X. It happens in all walks of life.

Comment

Not a fucking hope did he throw it. He thought for some bizarre reason it was bypassed

Comment

He fucked up plain and simple, as he looked round both horses were veering right, he panicked and made a split second decision to follow them. Anyone thinking he threw it needs to get a fucking hold of themselves ffs

Comment

Personally I think it was very suspect.
                                                  There have been three high profile incidents in the last 4/5 months that come to mind:
                                                  1) Faugheen at Christmas when he was pulled up at half way and was found to be post race normal. Then the trainer publically admitted that they couldn’t find anything wrong with him. After that race mainstream industry hacks actually questioned if he had been got it.
                                                  2) Yorkhill in Leop at Feb. He was trading a hard 6/4 shot before inexplicably going out to 5/1 on Betfair 2 mins before the Off. This just doesn’t happen, it’s absolutely unheard of. He ran a stinker.
                                                  3) That race today.

The common denominator is that they were ridden by the same man. I’m highly suspicious. Anyone who isn’t is too nieve for words.

Comment

The funniest reactions I've found from this are those who are trying to defend he integrity of racing.
                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Well it’s in everyone’s interest not to kill the golden calf. In a billion dollar industry with plenty of mug money slopping around it is only to be expected that there will be a certain level of corruption.

Comment

Originally posted by Arazi View Post
                                                        Personally I think it was very suspect.
                                                        There have been three high profile incidents in the last 4/5 months that come to mind:
                                                        1) Faugheen at Christmas when he was pulled up at half way and was found to be post race normal. Then the trainer publically admitted that they couldn’t find anything wrong with him. After that race mainstream industry hacks actually questioned if he had been got it.
                                                        2) Yorkhill in Leop at Feb. He was trading a hard 6/4 shot before inexplicably going out to 5/1 on Betfair 2 mins before the Off. This just doesn’t happen, it’s absolutely unheard of. He ran a stinker.
                                                        3) That race today.

The common denominator is that they were ridden by the same man. I’m highly suspicious. Anyone who isn’t is too nieve for words.
                                                        I'd be very cynical at the best of times and would have a great respect for your opinion in general ( took 33/1 the dog after you post bookies have heads in sand Saturday night btw tks).

But, have to call bollox on that. you're more or less suggesting he Dermot Browned the first two and then pulls that kamikaze today.

It was a total brainfart, could have stemmed from a shout from the guy leaning on the gate between the hedges, but where the wing was set with the red flag, for whatever reason he thought he had to jump the right hand side of that wing, you can see him attempt to straighten of the horse after the severe swerve and then sees about 4 ft of fence there.

Someone commented its like driving a car thinking I've to turn off here suddenly at speed, taking the turn off and then going oh fuck wrong turn.
                                                        Last edited by nicnicnic; 24-04-18, 22:50.

Comment

In 2008 there was a race at Fairyhouse won by the 4/1 Favourite (had drifted from 5/2). He wasn’t supposed to win but he wasn’t ridden by his regular jockey and he had so much in hand that the stand in jockey was unable to stop him. Afterwards in the parade ring one of the stewards overheard the trainer threatening the jockey not to weigh in, but he did.
                                                          Afterwards another very prominent jockey (the regular jockey) approached the stand in and told him he was wanted outside the weight room. Outside were two on course bookmakers who told the stand in that he was going to be lynched on his way out of the track. The stand in went to the Stewart’s and relayed everything to them.
                                                          The horse went on to be rated almost 40 pound higher than he ran off that day and won multiple Grade One races, including at the Cheltenham festival. All of the characters are still involved in the game and are all now considerably more well off and are connected at the highest levels of the sport.
                                                          The only one who was done for that case was one stable lad who laid the horse on his own Betfair account and I think got warned off for a considerable length of time.
                                                          Don’t think for a second that this doesn’t go on.

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                                                            I'd be very cynical at the best of times and would have a great respect for your opinion in general ( took 33/1 the dog after you post bookies have heads in sand Saturday night btw tks).

But, have to call bollox on that. you're more or less suggesting he Dermot Browned the first two and then pulls that kamikaze today.

It was a total brainfart, could have stemmed from a shout from the guy leaning on the gate between the hedges, but where the wing was set with the red flag, for whatever reason he thought he had to jump the right hand side of that wing, you can see him attempt to straighten of the horse after the severe swerve and then sees about 4 ft of fence there.

Someone commented its like driving a car thinking I've to turn off here suddenly at speed, taking the turn off and then going oh fuck wrong turn.
                                                            I think the first two could have been Dermot Browned as you put it, particularly Yorkhill. Once I think that it basically means that I have to be suspect of anything involving that pilot. The race changed big time at the second last when Monalee fell and hampered a few and left him with the race at his mercy.
                                                            Watching the head on and the rear view I just can’t have it that there was anything telling him it was to be bypassed.

Comment

In 2008 there was a race at Fairyhouse won by the 4/1 Favourite (had drifted from 5/2). He wasn’t supposed to win but he wasn’t ridden by his regular jockey and he had so much in hand that the stand in jockey was unable to stop him. Afterwards in the parade ring one of the stewards overheard the trainer threatening the jockey not to weigh in, but he did.
                                                              Afterwards another very prominent jockey (the regular jockey) approached the stand in and told him he was wanted outside the weight room. Outside were two on course bookmakers who told the stand in that he was going to be lynched on his way out of the track. The stand in went to the Stewart’s and relayed everything to them.
                                                              The horse went on to be rated almost 40 pound higher than he ran off that day and won multiple Grade One races, including at the Cheltenham festival. All of the characters are still involved in the game and are all now considerably more well off and are connected at the highest levels of the sport.
                                                              The only one who was done for that case was one stable lad who laid the horse on his own Betfair account and I think got warned off for a considerable length of time.
                                                              I don't for a second think it doesn't go on, the yorkhill drift was very dubious, but was probably moreso to do with the punt on Min, set up nicely with yorkhill as a decoy. I'm just saying to think if Townsend was under pressure not to win on that one today for whatever reason, he could have done it easily and in much an unspectacular fashion.

Comment

I don't for a second think it doesn't go on, the yorkhill drift was very dubious, but was probably moreso to do with the punt on Min, set up nicely with yorkhill as a decoy. I'm just saying to think if Townsend was under pressure not to win on that one today for whatever reason, he could have done it easily and in much an unspectacular fashion.
                                                                Yes I agree, but the race did fall apart at the send last and Shattered Love underperformed big time so all of a sudden he was left in front with no apparent danger. He also drifted.
                                                                I’m suspicious and I don’t trust the jockey that’s all I’m saying. There’s just been too many incidents for me.

Comment

Not saying racing is squeaky clean or anything but surely to god if he wanted ABP to lose that badly a jockey of his calibre could have done something a little more subtle earlier in the race.

Comment

I think the first two could have been Dermot Browned as you put it, particularly Yorkhill. Once I think that it basically means that I have to be suspect of anything involving that pilot. The race changed big time at the second last when Monalee fell and hampered a few and left him with the race at his mercy.
                                                                    Watching the head on and the rear view I just can’t have it that there was anything telling him it was to be bypassed.

That's the 2nd last, Al Boum Photo is upside if not just ahead of Monalee

Comment

He possibly planned to but found himself unintentionally clear out in front after the other two fell at the previous fence and then panicked. You'd still think he'd have made it less deliberate looking mind which is weirdly working in his favour here.
                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by NoRiverRequired View Post
                                                                        Not saying racing is squeaky clean or anything but surely to god if he wanted ABP to lose that badly a jockey of his calibre could have done something a little more subtle earlier in the race.
                                                                        Exactly and it's because of anyone thinking different that this will always be a profitable game! It's actually an unmightable insult to Townend to suggest anything untoward

Comment

It's one of a maddest things I've ever see on a racetrack. I'm not arguing that X is or is not dodgy as fuck. But I'm putting that incident down to something akin to a jockey riding a finish a circuit early, which is common enough, If you watch after the swerve he tries to straighten up the horse as if to jump the fence on the right hand side of the wing.
                                                                          Last edited by nicnicnic; 24-04-18, 23:21.

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                                                                            Exactly and it's because of anyone thinking different that this will always be a profitable game! It's actually an unmightable insult to Townend to suggest anything untoward

I thought it was just the usual Twitter loons and pocket talkers suggesting he chucked it. Genuinely shocked to see two solid racing posters above saying it.

Comment

Take a look at the photo above. That’s the second last and a whole host of horses are in the picture. The race was over 40 seconds slower than standard. I’d suggest that it might have been quite difficult to do something more subtle earlier in the race bar jumping off him.

Comment

Poor Tom Doyle, I was there that day.

Comment

It's one of a maddest things I've ever see on a racetrack. I'm not arguing that X is or is not dodgy as fuck. But I'm putting that incident down to something akin to a jockey riding a finish a circuit early, which is common enough, If you watch after the swerve he tries to straighten up the horse as if to jump the fence on the right hand side of the wing.
                                                                                  I got to say Nicky I can’t see that.

Here are the two best views:

Comment

Link not working but your right on that re jumping other side of wing after watching it again about 10 times there.

But think he thinks last is out of play, when he looks around it's the two horses on his inside that he think are going to go inside the last and he's missed that it's out of play, so is going for the inside line around the fence before them. I'm still firmly in the brain fart camp. Would love to read the minutes of the stewards.

Comment

It’s being reported that he told the Stewart’s that he heard someone shout that the fence was to be bypassed and even though none of the usual bypass procedures were in place he decided on the spur of the moment to swerve. The other jockeys interviewed denied hearing any such shout.

Comment

It’s being reported that he told the Stewart’s that he heard someone shout that the fence was to be bypassed and even though none of the usual bypass procedures were in place he decided on the spur of the moment to swerve. The other jockeys interviewed denied hearing any such shout.
                                                                                        He definitely stops riding before he looks around. If it is what you say they must of had his family kidnapped for him to have the wherewithal and nerve to pull a horse in that manner. I just can't have it at all, we'll agree to disagree.

Comment

He definitely stops riding before he looks around. If it is what you say they must of had his family kidnapped for him to have the wherewithal and nerve to pull a horse in that manner. I just can't have it at all, we'll agree to disagree.
                                                                                          Ha yeah.
                                                                                          I’m suspicious, that’s all.
                                                                                          I remember chatting to the lad who rode Yellow Sam (the famous Bellewstown gamble of Barney Curley) in his following race which incidentally was at Punchestown. He told me it was a 1/4 shot and as he was being jocked up Barney tells him “not today”. He said he couldn’t stop him, it was simply impossible so he had to jump off in the wings of the last but it looked very obvious and he got a huge ban and his career never recovered when he came back.

Comment

Ha yeah.
                                                                                            I’m suspicious, that’s all.
                                                                                            I remember chatting to the lad who rode Yellow Sam (the famous Bellewstown gamble of Barney Curley) in his following race which incidentally was at Punchestown. He told me it was a 1/4 shot and as he was being jocked up Barney tells him “not today”. He said he couldn’t stop him, it was simply impossible so he had to jump off in the wings of the last but it looked very obvious and he got a huge ban and his career never recovered when he came back.
                                                                                            some spot for the lad to be in, I've heard JP won't sleep in same bed as the wife anymore in case he talk in his sleep. As an aside; Dermot Browns nephew used post here a good bit in this thread, no offense meant if reading, enjoyed his autobiography.
                                                                                            Last edited by nicnicnic; 25-04-18, 01:01.

Comment

Comment

surely putting the horse into the fence like that and potentially ending its career is not worth the reward of a single race?

edit...but it looks fucking insane
                                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

The authorities are now saying that the jockey claimed to have heard a shout on his left hand side and thought that he had to bypass the fence but didn’t know on which side to pass. He then undertook a manouver to pass on the right hand side but claims that when he looked and saw no signage on the fence to bypass it he then tried to correct his manouver but it was too late.

Personally I don’t see any evidence of the latter in the footage. What is now certain is that racing will now close ranks to protect itself.

Comment

Anyone any spare tickets to Punchestown today? Couple of friends have decided to go last min. Gave 3 away yesterday and obv can't ask for them back
                                                                                                    Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Lads on at the races talking about Townend after his win, all niceties and such, final sentence "he didn't do it on purpose, that's for sure" was said so quickly and sounded so insincere it would defo set off a Derren Brown type

Comment

RTE’s coverage was disgusting IMO. Really rubbing the public’s nose in it, you would think he was a victim. His interview with Ruby showed exactly where the punters are in their view, ie right at the bottom of the pile.

Comment

RTE’s coverage was disgusting IMO. Really rubbing the public’s nose in it, you would think he was a victim. His interview with Ruby showed exactly where the punters are in their view, ie right at the bottom of the pile.
                                                                                                          What would you have asked him?
                                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Why did you cost Arazi money??

Comment

Anybody still clinging on to the idea that what happened yesterday was anything more than a mistake really need to stop watching the sport and definitely stop gambling on it. Was a pleasure to see the reception he got from the racing public today. The Mullins operation is the best in the world and if Willie trusts him to be part of that team then so should everyone else. I see nothing at all wrong with the interview. It was an error, albeit a big one but it's done with, move on.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
                                                                                                              Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Comment

Originally posted by wicklowp View Post
                                                                                                                Anybody still clinging on to the idea that what happened yesterday was anything more than a mistake really need to stop watching the sport and definitely stop gambling on it.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
                                                                                                                I'd still have serious doubts but my betfair ROI would definitely argue with your concerns for my gambling.
                                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

I’d have asked him for his explanation publically. Ruby (of all people) was the interviewer and at the end of the interview just says “and what about yesterday” to which Townend replies something like “it’s in the past” and Ruby cheers and backslaps him. Dreadful in my opinion but Racing was always going to close ranks.

Comment

I’d have asked him for his explanation publically. Ruby (of all people) was the interviewer and at the end of the interview just says “and what about yesterday” to which Townend replies something like “it’s in the past” and Ruby cheers and backslaps him. Dreadful in my opinion but Racing was always going to close ranks.
                                                                                                                    Yeah absolutely dreadful the way two fellow pros working in the same stable would offer each other moral support when one was at his lowest. Can't believe Ruby didn't throw him to the wolves [emoji848] Lord Jaysus some lads would want to get a grip!

Comment

Yeah absolutely dreadful the way two fellow pros working in the same stable would offer each other moral support when one was at his lowest. Can't believe Ruby didn't throw him to the wolves [emoji848] Lord Jaysus some lads would want to get a grip!
                                                                                                                      All you had to say is that you didn’t see the interview.

Comment

All you had to say is that you didn’t see the interview.
                                                                                                                        Arazi I really respect you as a poster and don't want to fall out with you over this, but yes I did see the conversation (it wasn't nor should it be an interview) and it was absolutely as it, in my opinion, should have been....two fellow pros in one of the hardest professions out there showing each other respect and one not twisting the knife.

I think we are so far apart on this one that the best course of action is to agree to disagree!!

Comment

Arazi I really respect you as a poster and don't want to fall out with you over this, but yes I did see the conversation (it wasn't nor should it be an interview) and it was absolutely as it, in my opinion, should have been....two fellow pros in one of the hardest professions out there showing each other respect and one not twisting the knife.

I think we are so far apart on this one that the best course of action is to agree to disagree!!
                                                                                                                          Ok let’s let it lie.
                                                                                                                          I will say though that Ruby Walsh has nothing but contempt for the general public and that shines through constantly.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X