Life @ 20nl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life @ 20nl

Im going to start one of these as everyone seems to be. So how am im at 20nl well last year was pretty good to me i shall post some graphs to show

SPOILER

Then January arrived and i expected to be bankrolled for 100nl by now as i was pushing the €6k mark starting the month but i had just come off a 4k winning month so i pretty much expected that to continue.

Then bang............

SPOILER

So where do i stand now

Ive got €1645 in one account & $650 in another. This leaves my bankroll at €2100.

I guess i will stick at 20nl until i reach 3k and possibly 3.5k. I wont plan any further ahead as you cant really forecast how poker will go and how much il need to withdraw.

Im not sure how much i will keep with regards rakeback but i would imagine i will need to keep most of it while @ 20nl.

I will update after every 10k hands. I wont post that many interesting hands here il keep them for theory section. I may post the odd funny hand or bad beat.
    Attached Files
    Pm for rakeback deals

Gl. Logs help to keep you honest I find!

Comment

This is first bit of it down. It was a pretty horrible start but at least i recovered fairly well. I havent many interesting hands to post really i may put 1 or 2 on the theory section later.

Im pretty happy with my non showdown line as that is something im looking to improve on.

Here is the first graph ( all sterling tables aswell never updated hem )

SPOILER
      Attached Files
      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

gl dude. how many tables of 20nl do you play?
        NextStopWhoKnows

Comment

In my opinion, its worthwhile to stick a few "this is obvious, I think I played this hand fine" hands up too. Could be crazily beneficial if someone spots that you're not betting enough, betting too much etc.

Sometimes the tiniest leaks can be killer, especially if they're recurrent.

Comment

Originally posted by Four of a Kind View Post
            gl dude. how many tables of 20nl do you play?
            I was constanly playing 9 the last few months but now il start at 6 and maybe move up to 8 depending on how i feel.

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
            In my opinion, its worthwhile to stick a few "this is obvious, I think I played this hand fine" hands up too. Could be crazily beneficial if someone spots that you're not betting enough, betting too much etc.

Sometimes the tiniest leaks can be killer, especially if they're recurrent.
            Ya thats a good point im 100% sure i have small leaks i may post a few standard hands up here now and again just see if anyone spots anything mad. Guys like that filghj have some serious leaks and he still wins well at this level its amazing really.
            Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Once again no hands posted its a joke since its part of my monthly goals.

Im running pretty poor ev wise but in general i dont feel im running that bad so im not going to complain.

Heres the 20k chart

SPOILER

Attached Files
              Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Why not just move upto 50nl with that BR?

I think your goal should be to get out of the micro games ASAP

Comment

Originally posted by rjbm View Post
                  Why not just move upto 50nl with that BR?

I think your goal should be to get out of the micro games ASAP
                  I like safety bankroll wise id like 80 buyins for a given level.

Ive had a minus 900 euro/sterling day at 50nl so that pretty much shows what you can lose.
                  Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                    I like safety bankroll wise id like 80 buyins for a given level.

Ive had a minus 900 euro/sterling day at 50nl so that pretty much shows what you can lose.
                    Dropping 18 bi`s in a day? fair few of your stack offs must be tilt/bad play right?

Suppose if thats what you feel comftable playing gl

Comment

Dropping 18 bi`s in a day? fair few of your stack offs must be tilt/bad play right?

Suppose if thats what you feel comftable playing gl
                      Ha no not really im pretty tilt free maybe 3/4 buyins in total might be spew/tilt ! It was about 7k hands aswell.
                      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

If this isn't your job, I have no idea why you aren't playing 50NL. There is no problem in moving down if needs be.
                        Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Yeah second that, to be honest 16 buyins and you'd prob be grand playing .50/1 and moving up and down as needs be

Comment

All depends what you feel comfortable with.
                            Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                            I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                            None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                              If this isn't your job, I have no idea why you aren't playing 50NL. There is no problem in moving down if needs be.
                              Well its not my job but im not exactly working either so it is a source of income. I reckon my true winrate at 50nl is breakeven to small winner so that really does bring huge swings.
                              Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Shitty month volume wise between Irish open & now a death in Gfs family id say this is me done for the month. The good weather and lads off college etc...has also killed the volume. At least ive had a winning month for the first time this year.

SPOILER
                                Attached Files
                                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Just done a count on the 4 or 5 sites i have money plus rakeback due which i dont think il take any out this month. I now stand on €2900 i understand this does not match with my graphs but there is other variables at play eg : IO % , Tournys , affiliate payments etc....
                                  Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Listened to ye all with taking a chance at 50nl

SPOILER
                                    Attached Files
                                    Last edited by tipp86; 02-05-11, 19:35.
                                    Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

go hit 50nl rush on Full Tilt,pretty big player base and loads of terrible players just giving there money away

Comment

go hit 50nl rush on Full Tilt,pretty big player base and loads of terrible players just giving there money away
                                        While you make a valid point the fact 50nl rush on full tilt may be soft as you say there is the issue that 20nl €£ with 60% rb is probably more profitable than 50nl $.

Ive moved to entraction for a change now i only have 50/55% on there but i dont mind losing 10% to get the long over due break from ipoker.

3k hands played there and im running way above ev so thats good. Im back at 20nl again for a while after my losses.
                                        Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Ok latest update shit month i have weird graphs due to upgrading hem at last.

So i started the month at 50nl i said why not lets give it a lash

Here is my graph all sterling/euro tables

SPOILER

Next up i went to entraction tried a mix of 20 & 50nl there. 20nl went well 50nl did not.

SPOILER

And finnaly back to ipoker

SPOILER
                                          Attached Files
                                          Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

The graphs above have me at about a €140 loss for the month.

My overall review of the month is that ive decided im a very average player. I need to make a decision on where to go from here. I can beat 20nl and probably beat it for somewhere in the €12-14 an hour rate. Id assume i could breakeven long run at 50nl if i had to roll to sustain it 4k imo.

What advantages does 50nl have well i guess 9 tabling the sterling tables will generate me about €19/20 an hour with rakeback. I obviously need to grind my roll to the 4k point before i can be happy with this. I will probably take shots along the way which may set me back but ya never know its worth it for the chance of hitting a heater.

Have i alternatives well sure i do i could enter the uncertain world of mtt grinding. I would assume that it still has a lot of soft touches and most $10/20 buyins have a lot of players who are a lot poorer the 20nl regs.

The only downside is the uncertainty of money at the end of the month but on the flipside i feel i could make a hell of a lot more at mtts than grinding 20/50nl. It also is a lot more time consuming than grinding cash i dont think you can be as flexible about just sitting down and playing.

Il soon have played €5k worth of buyins this year which is a joke for someone with my bankroll. Lets hope i can get a result in Bulgaria to make some of it back. On the plus side these games are great experience and my total spend for the €5k buyins was approx €500.

Anyway im off to Turkey Sunday and Emop Bulgaria the following Wednesday so i wont be playing a lot online. My bankroll stands at a small bit over €2k. I think the plan for next month is to stick to 20nl and see how it goes il make a decision after that month as to where il go next.

Final table in Bulgaria would be a big help.
                                            Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Il update this at the end of the month. Its changed a lot since the last post.
                                              Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

good or bad?
                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                  good or bad?
                                                  Neutral really ive just changed from cash to sngs essentially. Still mixing it a little but now when i play cash i more interested in playing good than grinding out hands.
                                                  Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                    Neutral really ive just changed from cash to sngs essentially. Still mixing it a little but now when i play cash i more interested in playing good than grinding out hands.
                                                    I've cut right back to 4 tabling, coachings going really well, worth every penny for anyone grinding micros looking to play seriously. And playing 43/37/3 with a 13% 3b is so much more fun than nitting it up.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                      I've cut right back to 4 tabling, coachings going really well, worth every penny for anyone grinding micros looking to play seriously. And playing 43/37/3 with a 13% 3b is so much more fun than nitting it up.
                                                      Just seen this post now. Still havent got round to updating.

What would you think is a max hourly 4 tabling on a soft site? Obviously the benefits of getting better is a seriously good thing.
                                                      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Ok an update at last

Bankroll stands at approx $3500

Also i have a mtt bankroll on irish eyes which stands at €300ish.

What have i done since my last post? Ive played very little cash and most of it has been Omaha. I think im down a bit on cash since my last post but its not a lot either way.

I have played a total of 1880 $10 sngs with a 0.6 % roi im currently on a downswing so id say my true winrate is around 1.5% so hard to guess tho.

Im going to keep at these for a while and see how they go. ideally if i could move up to $22 games it would be a big boost. for the bankroll.

Id like to have $4500 in the account this time next month.
                                                        Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Ok its the end of the month so i just done a review of all accounts.

I packed in the super turbos after a downswing i just couldnt handle it really and wasnt enjoying them one little bit. I played mtts for most of the month on irish eyes and ipoker i had a decent amount of succes nothing hectic really.

The bankroll on entractions stands at about €650 which has doubled since the last post. Ive won a seriosu amount of tickets on there this month but havent converted them into a serious cash which is getting a bit irritating. I guess i may not be up to the standard of the €100-200 games on there but even if im -ev for the price im getting into them for i can still turn profit.

The rest of my bankroll stands at $4310 with a tiny rb payment due tomorrow of about $350. I may withdraw a bit and leave it around the 4k mark to start the next month.

I plan to play about 15k hands of 20 nl next month. I could way outdo myself but thats the min. Its a joke really 6 months ago i was playing that in a weekend. I have no monetary goals for next month really if i come out in profit before rakeback il be happy as itl be the first step on the ladder back to grinding.

Il also pick a certain amount of mtts to add to my grinding.
                                                          Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

I suppose i returned to the name of the thread this month and id imagine il stay grinding cash now for the medium term.

The month was ok i guess done pretty well at 20nl also bagged a ticket for Vegas and added a little to my entraction roll with little volume.

Euro Tables

Sterling Tables

The roll stands at $4600 after withdrawals. My entraction roll is around the €750 mark.
                                                            I plan to play 30k hands this coming mont but il be taking a nice chunk out of the roll for vegas for spending money so i dont really have any goals for moving up really.

Il be happy if i can have a decent winrate and get the volume in this month. id like to make some mark on the emop riga satts aswell even if it is a bubble as usual.
                                                            Attached Files
                                                            Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Ok well meant to update at the ed of October but the Vegas trip got the better of me.

Here is the graphs
                                                              SPOILER

I ran pretty bad this month but what do ya do. My volume was very poor aswell so kind of annoying.
                                                              Attached Files
                                                              Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

I may aswell end this blog its been going with a year or more now.

This is my graph for this year.

SPOILER

I really didnt play anything since i went back to college. I dont have the passion for grinding at the moment. I imagine when i get back from holidays il concentrate on playing mtts but with no real grind element.
                                                                Attached Files
                                                                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Working...
                                                                X