HIIT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HIIT

Can anyone recommend some good HIIT routines? I only have access to treadmill/cross trainer/spinning bike.

I'm probably about a 5/10 atm in terms of cardiovascular fitness.

Also, on a related note, is HIIT the quickest way to make cardio gains? If so, how many sessions a week should I be doing (currently do 2-3 weights only sessions per week).

Thanks.
    Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Originally posted by ianmc38 View Post
    Can anyone recommend some good HIIT routines? I only have access to treadmill/cross trainer/spinning bike.

I'm probably about a 5/10 atm in terms of cardiovascular fitness.

Also, on a related note, is HIIT the quickest way to make cardio gains? If so, how many sessions a week should I be doing (currently do 2-3 weights only sessions per week).

Thanks.
    If at all possible I wouldnt do HITT on a treadmill - do you have access to a park or somewhere open where you could run?

HITT has a few advantages for people who play sport because it follows the "SAID" principal - i.e. Specific adaptations for imposed demands. Basically this means that by training doing repeated short bouts of high intensity effort you will be able to repeat it in a game situation. I suppose it also has a lot of advantages for recreational athletes too as the afterburn of calories tends to be a lot higher than normal cardio workouts.

Comment

Cardio gains? Marathon - endurance gains? Or just a general fitness? (being able to climb stairs without getting out of breath?).

Comment

Kettlebells are very good imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
          Cardio gains? Marathon - endurance gains? Or just a general fitness? (being able to climb stairs without getting out of breath?).
          I'd say general fitness, like extending the time it takes to be puffing when running / climbing stairs / other cardio exercises.
          Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

I use the cross trainer.

Start off with 10 seconds fast as possible, 15 seconds recovery for 10 minutes or something similar.

Work your way up from there.
            Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
            I like this heat - some proper music innit.
            None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Working...
            X