Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dobby View Post
    Jaysus the Liverpool fans reaction to Ramos being knocked out of the world cup is hilarious. Even saw one tweet saying Aspas missed the penalty on purpose to knock Ramos out cos he's a true red. Yikes

Christ, aren't you worse for reading it!

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
      Christ, aren't you worse for reading it!
      I didn't exactly go looking for it. Few mates that I follow would be fans and retweet some awful shite. Popped up on my timeline

Comment

I didn't exactly go looking for it. Few mates that I follow would be fans and retweet some awful shite. Popped up on my timeline
        You should have seen the reaction things I posted on social media! Me and the other millions of Liverpool fans who all posted stuff. You would have a field day reading it!

Comment

...@Mdoug...What was the huge bet you stuck on the world cup?...Was it something a years savings on England to win, and same on France not to win?...Couldn't find your post, and curious what it was...

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
            You should have seen the reaction things I posted on social media! Me and the other millions of Liverpool fans who all posted stuff. You would have a field day reading it!
            Can't see you posting much on any form of social media apart from here and the odd one on boards.

Not a bad effort. Must try harder

Comment

...Scenes!!!...

Comment

Brian Kerr. Imagine having to listen to that tool in a live setting.
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

btw, why did the Danish defender not get a red there?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                    ...No!!!...Like if ever there was ever a clear case of stopping a clear and obvious goal scoring chance...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                      ...Penalty time now...Hala ESPANA...
                      ...What this guy said, but with Denmark in place of ESPANA...

Comment

Shocking officiating. Croatia player despite being fouled still made some balls of not scoring there after rounding Schmeichal
                        Last edited by The Situation; 01-07-18, 20:35.
                        Profit before people.

Comment

...No!!!...Like if ever there was ever a clear case of stopping a clear and obvious goal scoring chance...
                          I don't watch much soccerball but seemed like it was a blatant red.

Not that I'd argue with that ref. He has presence.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                            Shocking officiating. Croatia player despite being fouled still make some balls of not scoring there after rounding Schmeichal
                            Kinda worth it to hear Kerr totally tilted by some minor infringement of the goalkeeping rules and failing to hold forth of the generational significance of Schmeichel jnr making the save.

I'd say if Kerr had been at the Easter Rising, he would have been complaining about a misplaced comma in the Proclamation.

Jesus, he's still on about it.

Comment

Fucking hell. He's still whining about it.

Comment

Fucking hell. He's still whining about it.
                                Nothing about the Croat keeper 3 yards off his line.
                                This too shall pass.

Comment

...STFU Brian...

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                    Nothing about the Croat keeper 3 yards off his line.
                                    No, he had a soliloquy about that too.

Comment

Fuck me. He really hates Kaspar Schmeichel.

Comment

...STFU Brian...
                                        That's blasphemy. Leave Brian alone

Comment

I don't watch much soccerball but seemed like it was a blatant red.

Not that I'd argue with that ref. He has presence.
                                          Rule changed recently to say that if in the penalty area and the ref deemed it a genuine attempt to get the ball, a yellow will do as well as the penalty.

Comment

It was just about enough of an attempt to get the ball to not be a definite red card under the new rule. Couldn't have really argued if a red was given though, really marginal.

At least we won't have to watch another 120 minutes of Knudson wandering from one side of the pitch to the other to take throw-ins.

Comment

Think the Irish lads have a bee in their bonnet about the GK positioning because the Irish under 17 keeper was sent off in a crucial euro qualifier a few months ago for getting a second yellow for moving off his line.

Comment

Think the Irish lads have a bee in their bonnet about the GK positioning because the Irish under 17 keeper was sent off in a crucial euro qualifier a few months ago for getting a second yellow for moving off his line.
                                                Really?

He only mentioned that 47 times so it was hard to be sure.

Comment

Really?

He only mentioned that 47 times so it was hard to be sure.
                                                  Ah, didn't realise he had mentioned the under 17 thing. Was out walking the dogs and just saw the reaction on here.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Brian Kerr is a legend, both on commentary and in real life

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                          World Cup: Going to be a fun fun sweat!
                                                          Have 2.5k on England to win the world cup at 21, going to go in again at 20 for maybe another 500.
                                                          I am going to make this the biggest bet of my life by laying France for €3001.
                                                          ...@Mdoug...What was the huge bet you stuck on the world cup?...Was it something a years savings on England to win, and same on France not to win?...Couldn't find your post, and curious what it was...
                                                          I guess he could lay them at 7s now for a locked-in triple your money return.
                                                          Also guessing he won't.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                            Brian Kerr is a legend, both on commentary and in real life
                                                            Having mainly watched apres match outtakes and Risteard Cooper on OTB am it’s hard not to enjoy a bit of real life Brian Kerr stuff. It makes its very funny. Plus in fairness he has some amazing detail about the teams that no other co commentator could be arsed to have prepared.
                                                            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                              Having mainly watched apres match outtakes and Risteard Cooper on OTB am it’s hard not to enjoy a bit of real life Brian Kerr stuff. It makes its very funny. Plus in fairness he has some amazing detail about the teams that no other co commentator could be arsed to have prepared.
                                                              My personal favourite https://youtu.be/EfjC0ot5NMg
                                                              His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                There's a guy I follow who is like the Paul Kimmage of Twitter w.r.t doping in mainly in cycling, particularly Froome, but he also casts aspersions elsewhere including on a GAA player I have always thought there was major question marks over, Mo Farah etc. regularly posts how Ronaldo must be the Lance Armstrong of soccer with his body builder's super low BF% physique, explosive pace and extreme endurance.
                                                                Digger is the guy I assume you are talking about. Doping in every sport now pretty much. The curlers doping for the Winter Olympics took the biscuit for me.
                                                                His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Not Kerr related but this is still my favourite Apres Match sketch ever

Also, A few years back, as part of the St Patrick's Day weekend festival, there was a full day of events on in Belvedere on the Sunday, mainly a series of talks from successful Irish people across a large range of areas but part of it was the Apres Match lads reviewing the Sunday papers, absolutely classic to see them live but hear other people talking

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                        This seems awful early to be starting a bus journey to get to work for 9am. (DCU to Smurfit).
                                                                        Pffft, days work done already.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                          This seems awful early to be starting a bus journey to get to work for 9am. (DCU to Smurfit).
                                                                          Are you coming from Cork?

Comment

Super 8 groups.

Dublin.
                                                                            Donegal.
                                                                            Cork or Tyrone.
                                                                            Roscommon or Armagh.

Galway.
                                                                            Kerry.
                                                                            Fermanagh or Kildare.
                                                                            Laois or Monaghan.

Comment

Round 4 qualifier draw. If kildare don't make the super 8s now they never will. Best draw they could have hoped for

Kildare Fermanagh
                                                                              Laois Monaghan
                                                                              Cork Tyrone
                                                                              Roscommon Armagh

Comment

Good chance Kerry will have their first ever Championship match in Clones this year which could be something to savour if the group is still in the balance.

Comment

I see it would be the second game rather than the third now so the game would certainly be meaningful.

Comment

Got a large pouch of weasel coffee and an infuser from vietnam as a gift.
                                                                                    Looking forward to trying it tbh
                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                      Got a large pouch of weasel coffee and an infuser from vietnam as a gift.
                                                                                      Looking forward to trying it tbh
                                                                                      I am a huge coffee fan. I am currently reading, Why We Sleep. The views on coffee and the thoughts of reducing my intake on the information are making me queasy

Opr

Comment

Can Revolut be used as a credit card for car rental?

Assume I'll just need to top it up with whatever the hold would be?

Comment

The Forest - Netflix mini series is a decent watch.
                                                                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post

technically may be, but i'm pretty sure holds on debit cards actually go through, ie the money is debited from your account, then recredited at a later date.

Comment

AFAIK car rentals don't accept debit cards (which revolut are), I only have experience with them in the US though! Could be different here or other countries ofc.
                                                                                              Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 02-07-18, 11:41.

Comment

Its considered a debit card as its pre paid and most rental companies will only take a true credit card. So I'd be very surprised to hear that it works in this case.

On the topic of rental cars what company do most people here use? I used rentalcars.com to book with sixt and found it to be a good experience recently.... Apart from the jackass sixt guy who kept tying to upsell everything.

Comment

Not in Ireland anyway as I tried before
                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

I see it would be the second game rather than the third now so the game would certainly be meaningful.
                                                                                                    Are we def away to laois/mon and home to fer/kil? Was hoping for the other way around. Interesting though .

Comment

Good interview with former LoI player Stuart Byrne

Comment

Worked fine for me with Avis in South Africa.
                                                                                                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Hope RD3 isn't watching the world cup on rte, they have some American wan on and first thing they ask her about is the keeper off the line

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                            Are we def away to laois/mon and home to fer/kil? Was hoping for the other way around. Interesting though .
                                                                                                            That's what everyone seems to be saying. You wouldn't know what might end up happening the way things are at the moment though.

Comment

Hope RD3 isn't watching the world cup on rte, they have some American wan on and first thing they ask her about is the keeper off the line
                                                                                                              Hope Solo? Most famous footballer in America? Some young one?

Comment

That's what everyone seems to be saying. You wouldn't know what might end up happening the way things are at the moment though.
                                                                                                                They do seem to change it as often as the barn wall in Animal Farm.

Comment

She's a pretty famous goalkeeper
                                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Do any of those VPN things still work?

On train, uk apps say can't watch listen as you abroad

Fair enough!

Rte player= can't watch cause you have a foreign phone

Fuckin Rte

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                      They do seem to change it as often as the barn wall in Animal Farm.
                                                                                                                      Usually in the wrong ways for the wrong reasons too. They really drive me spare.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                        Hope Solo? Most famous footballer in America? Some young one?
                                                                                                                        She is probably older than him and all

Comment

Usually in the wrong ways for the wrong reasons too. They really drive me spare.
                                                                                                                          It's small town committee power struggles writ large on a national stage.

And it is...

INFURIATING
                                                                                                                          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                                          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X