Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soccer trolling themself with VAR

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
      GPA have weighed in now too. Seems it has way more traction than I thought. Loads of support on the Kildare thread on boards too.

https://www.gaelicplayers.com/WhatsH...Newbridge.aspx
      Really don't see Kildare backing down at this stage. Will be interesting.

Comment

He got the Ronaldo yellow right IMO.
        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
          He got the Ronaldo yellow right IMO.
          It's either nothing or a red, how can it be a yellow??

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
            Lot of political stuff going on, mood seems to be very strongly behind #newbridgeornowhere
            Earlier I was thinking 2/1 about it being played in Newbridge or being a walk over, not any more it's probably odds on now.
            Worth noting that the campaign started hours before the croke park decision when Tommy Callaghan's article for the leader predicting a venue change and calling for the county board to resist was widely shared by prominent figures
            Even though I know I'll be too weak to stick to it myself I'd be strongly encouraging people to boycott attending games if Kildare get fucked over here.

Season ticket holders are not guaranteed a ticket for a match as per term 42 of the season ticket below:

42. In the event that the number of Season Ticket holders exceeds stadium capacity the GAA offers no guarantee of the availability of seats or entry to that fixture.

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
              It's either nothing or a red, how can it be a yellow??
              Well yes you may be right. No red. He lightly brushed him jostling for position, are we gonna go Mon contact altogether. There was no intent to strike he was just a bit rough. Possibly a yellow for being a bit physical off the ball was what I was thinking.
              airport, lol

Comment

Well yes you may be right. No red. He lightly brushed him jostling for position, are we gonna go Mon contact altogether. There was no intent to strike he was just a bit rough. Possibly a yellow for being a bit physical off the ball was what I was thinking.
                Nah, either send him off there or don't. Yellow is something for nothing. Iran player made the absolute most of it too. Nothing in it

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                  Really don't see Kildare backing down at this stage. Will be interesting.
                  Well CoN gave it gusto on the news. County board and players all seem to be on side with it. I really hope they stick with it but it will take some balls. The GAA will either have to back down or give Mayo the game. They won't want to back down so will be an interesting week.

I've never been looking forward to a Kildare game so much before tbh lol

Comment

Well CoN gave it gusto on the news. County board and players all seem to be on side with it. I really hope they stick with it but it will take some balls. The GAA will either have to back down or give Mayo the game. They won't want to back down so will be an interesting week.

Its the most attention Kildare GAA has had in twenty years
                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Mayo will ate them

Comment

Nah, either send him off there or don't. Yellow is something for nothing. Iran player made the absolute most of it too. Nothing in it
                        Yeah I guess I agree the yellow is just because ref panicked. Happens all the time. But if that's a sending off it's a joke. Brady has gone full tinfoil hat it's being orchestrated from upstairs
                        airport, lol

Comment

Yeah I guess I agree the yellow is just because ref panicked. Happens all the time. But if that's a sending off it's a joke. Brady has gone full tinfoil hat it's being orchestrated from upstairs
                          Yeah poor Darragh trying to control him and he says they don't have to sue rte, they can sue me

Comment

This Kildare thing is great, stand up and be counted.

What will Mayo do? If they turn up on Croke Park I hope they get booed every game after that.
                            'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post

What will Mayo do? If they turn up on Croke Park I hope they get booed every game after that.
                              GAA have come out and said the game is in croke park and it won't be moved under any circumstances. If kildare don't turn up, Mayo will be awarded the game.

Comment

Westworld. Have to listen to podcasts after it to explain what happens every week.

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post

Mayo have had no part at all to play in this and quite frankly it has fuck all to do with them, if they are told the game is at 7 in Croke Park on Saturday then that's where they should be, simples really.

Comment

Mayo have had no part at all to play in this and quite frankly it has fuck all to do with them, if they are told the game is at 7 in Croke Park on Saturday then that's where they should be, simples really.
                                    That's one side. Other side is stand up for your fellow players. It could be mayo next time drawing Dubs in castlebar (in unlikely scenario Dubs in qualifiers) , and they'd much prefer castlebar. Everyone involved has a part to play if they agree with Kildare's position
                                    airport, lol

Comment

That's one side. Other side is stand up for your fellow players. It could be mayo next time drawing Dubs in castlebar (in unlikely scenario Dubs in qualifiers) , and they'd much prefer castlebar. Everyone involved has a part to play if they agree with Kildare's position
                                      Castlebar is actually fit for purpose though that's the big difference here, yes refixing the game for Croke Park is a bad joke but Newbridge is also not fit for purpose so Kildare should be afforded the chance to nominate an alternative venue ala Portlaoise

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                        Westworld. Have to listen to podcasts after it to explain what happens every week.
                                        I am the same. It has been really tough to follow. A complete mindfuck this season, but an enjoyable one! we just watched last nights episode there. Didn't know there was a post credit scene! Just watched on youtube

Comment

Castlebar is actually fit for purpose though that's the big difference here, yes refixing the game for Croke Park is a bad joke but Newbridge is also not fit for purpose so Kildare should be afforded the chance to nominate an alternative venue ala Portlaoise
                                          Realistically Mayo are gonna take your line, they arent going to get involved when they have a campaign to focus on
                                          airport, lol

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                              Just looking up a medication the cardiologist put me on yesterday. Looks very fucking serious.
                                              How did you end up on that? Have you had trouble with the heart or something a full checkup found? I've been thinking recently I probably should do the full check up thing somewhere.

Opr

Comment

Was out on the soup run last night when we ran out of bins bags so I popped into Dealz on Liffey St to pick some up.

Lad in front of me in the queue was after spotting an apparent deal where there was 70% off a pack of a dozen eggs. So he decided to buy all 42 dozen that were on display, that's 504 eggs. That's some amount of eggs to buy in one go!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                  I am the same. It has been really tough to follow. A complete mindfuck this season, but an enjoyable one! we just watched last nights episode there. Didn't know there was a post credit scene! Just watched on youtube
                                                  Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                  It was class and its quite tough to piece it together at times. Some good summaries and an AMA with Jeffrey Wright (Bernard) on reddit.

Don't read this unless you've watched the post credits scene:
                                                  SPOILER
                                                  The MiB "reveal" at the end was cool considering so many people thought he was a host. That scene happens way in the future after the current events. In the apparent and present timeline most people think he passed out after the gun jammed and didn't make it to the forge - the elevator was empty when Bernard was leaving. I hope they bring back Maeve and we see more of the other parks. The Shogunworld ep was one of my favourites. EDIT: Forgot to mention but Stubbs being one of the OG hosts was the biggest surprise for me
                                                  Last edited by coillcam; 26-06-18, 08:38.

Comment

Just looking up a medication the cardiologist put me on yesterday. Looks very fucking serious.
                                                    If its been given to you for heart failure then that's very serious ok.

Have a look around you, are you in a bed wired up to allsorts of machines and seeing the cardiologist three times a day?
                                                    If the answer is no, then they are probably giving it to you for hypertension which isn't very serious as long as you do what you are told and particularly do the other lifestyle things you need to do to get the blood pressure down.
                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

What do you all think of this Nope to the Pope boycott?

Actually thought of it myself a few weeks ago, was gonna reserve as many tickets as I could and obv not go but thought better of it. Mainly because I figured it would have the opposite effect, 'Popes visit a sellout' headlines, and partly because I decided feck it, live and let live.

Numbers will naturally be hugely down, which imo is a great thing, prob no need to concede the moral high ground.
                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

I have a funny feeling that is what I am on. I was on rampril but they couldn't get it and the name you posted seems very familiar

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                          It was class and its quite tough to piece it together at times. Some good summaries and an AMA with Jeffrey Wright (Bernard) on reddit.

Don't read this unless you've watched the post credits scene:
                                                          SPOILER
                                                          The MiB "reveal" at the end was cool considering so many people thought he was a host. That scene happens way in the future after the current events. In the apparent and present timeline most people think he passed out after the gun jammed and didn't make it to the forge - the elevator was empty when Bernard was leaving. I hope they bring back Maeve and we see more of the other parks. The Shogunworld ep was one of my favourites. EDIT: Forgot to mention but Stubbs being one of the OG hosts was the biggest surprise for me
                                                          SPOILER
                                                          I didn't think Stubbs was. I think he was letting Dolores/Charolotte know that he knew and was letting her go on. I seen them out the thing up to her neck, how did she pass that. Weird.

Although Bernard said he killed them all. So maybe he replaced a few of the top ones.

I need to find my thoughts after episode 2 and see how close I was. I did say about the data centre thing. But not sure what else I said.
                                                          I love Maeve and I was sad to see Lee Sizemore die. I loved Maeve's reaction. Totally went up in estimation in her eyes by the look of.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Actually thought of it myself a few weeks ago, was gonna reserve as many tickets as I could and obv not go but thought better of it. Mainly because I figured it would have the opposite effect, 'Popes visit a sellout' headlines, and partly because I decided feck it, live and let live.

Numbers will naturally be hugely down, which imo is a great thing, prob no need to concede the moral high ground.
                                                            Might be surprised, it’s not just old white people who will go but also quite a few immigrants.

Eastern Europe seems to be still quite pious and I don’t know the breakdown of where our African communities come from but quite a few Catholics in the mix.

They are keeping supply reasonably limited so I think they will fill what they put out.

Comment

Why bother? Let the lunatics have their day. Apart from traffic congestion it shouldn't affect me and you too much. Any energy should be channeled into removing them from schools and Constitution, what they do I. Their churches, or the Phoenix park for a day is their own business.
                                                              airport, lol

Comment

I honestly don't think there is a need. There has been such fantastic progress in the past number of years with equality referendum, the 8th and now the progress around schools.

I think continued efforts to tackle social issues which are often opposed by religious groups even when change is clearly beneficial to society is far more effective. The ability to indirectly change the opinions of people on religion opposed to directly targeting them appears to be working so I wouldn't be personally in favour of boycotts.

Comment

The idea of getting tickets to deliberately not use them doesn't sit well with me.
                                                                  Wouldn't like to potentially deny someone a ticket who really wants to be there, and would likely get something spiritual, uplifting and generally positive from it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                    Was out on the soup run last night when we ran out of bins bags so I popped into Dealz on Liffey St to pick some up.

Lad in front of me in the queue was after spotting an apparent deal where there was 70% off a pack of a dozen eggs. So he decided to buy all 42 dozen that were on display, that's 504 eggs. That's some amount of eggs to buy in one go!
                                                                    seems a bit eggcessive
                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I was actually thinking of doing the same with Billy Joel tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                        I honestly don't think there is a need. There has been such fantastic progress in the past number of years with equality referendum, the 8th and now the progress around schools.

I think continued efforts to tackle social issues which are often opposed by religious groups even when change is clearly beneficial to society is far more effective. The ability to indirectly change the opinions of people on religion opposed to directly targeting them appears to be working so I wouldn't be personally in favour of boycotts.
                                                                        This and holding that kind of anger and hatred towards something only ends up hurting you. You can hold a moral opinion that is true to your heart without shouting it to the world. Sometimes shouting is good if you think it can change things but as you say that sea shift is already well underway.

Opr

Comment

Actually thought of it myself a few weeks ago, was gonna reserve as many tickets as I could and obv not go but thought better of it.
                                                                          Glad to see my prayers for you are working

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 26-06-18, 10:49.
                                                                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                              I was actually thinking of doing the same with Billy Joel tickets.
                                                                              You had to be a big shot didn't you ?

Comment

I had a post written out on new fitness regime etc, then I thought, hmmmm, who gives a crap. I guess I should apply this to most of my posts J.

In a separate issue, I’m really looking forward to the Argie-Nigeria game tonight . It’s the 1st one this world cup that I’m excited about, a lot at stake for both teams .

I’m also enjoying the OTT optimism from the English after they beat some minnows .

Mark Lawrenson was diabolical co commentating last night. Jesus Christ , It was the worst I’ve heard to date and I’ve heard Ray Tracey do it.

Comment

Hitch has the Big Heart.

previously deemed to be a good thing, he has selfishly removed yet another source of joy from our lives. Becoming more French by the day.

SPOILER
                                                                                  look after yerself HH

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                    I

In a separate issue, I’m really looking forward to the Argie-Nigeria game tonight . It’s the 1st one this world cup that I’m excited about, a lot at stake for both teams .
                                                                                    .
                                                                                    I'm looking forward to evening matches almost every day now. Silken in Kildare is doing 10e for dinner (burger, wings, fish & chips) and pint midweek for the matches.
                                                                                    Food isn't great but beer is their own brew and well worth the 10e.

Comment

Something about stopping the heart enlarging as its too big at the moment. So i guess its some sort of preventative measure. Have no symptoms of heart failure. Cardiologist seemed quite relaxed though about things - no change since December - so i guess this is just about eeking out an extra year or so before the operation needs to happen, although he was adamnant that the operation needs to happen at some point; seems more like late next year more than anything sooner.

The one small fly in the ointment was that I was mentioning that my dad and his mother had same issue, and he said in that case the kids will need to be checked out when they are older as it seems something genetic. Hadn't actually thought about that possibility.
                                                                                      Gosh really? mine is for blood pressure. I am on 2.5mg. What dosage did they put you on?
                                                                                      Look after yourself. And heart things are a pain. It's a worry when you think kids can be involved.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                                        I didn't think Stubbs was. I think he was letting Dolores/Charolotte know that he knew and was letting her go on. I seen them out the thing up to her neck, how did she pass that. Weird.

Although Bernard said he killed them all. So maybe he replaced a few of the top ones.

I need to find my thoughts after episode 2 and see how close I was. I did say about the data centre thing. But not sure what else I said.
                                                                                        I love Maeve and I was sad to see Lee Sizemore die. I loved Maeve's reaction. Totally went up in estimation in her eyes by the look of.
                                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                                        His choice of words was incredibly specific though about his core drive to protect all the hosts in the park and given that the hosts are part of one "mesh" network I guess he could fairly trivially detect that she was a host.

As for beating the scanner, that's pretty easy. Bernard just didn't build her as a generic host with the failsafe explosive inside. That is what they were looking for to quickly determine if host/human.

Comment

I think indifference is your best weapon here man.
                                                                                          What you are proposing is a slippery slop to being a westboro church type atheist
                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

It's a bit like that scene in the end of Sam Neill's Merlin where they turn their back on the old magic.

Comment

Keane managed to duck me for three days for three years running

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                I think indifference is your best weapon here man.
                                                                                                What you are proposing is a slippery slop to being a westboro church type atheist
                                                                                                And, if that's a valid life choice, so is believing that gays should be lobbed off tall buildings.

'love thy neighbour' as someone once said, allegedly.

Comment

And, if that's a valid life choice, so is believing that gays should be lobbed off tall buildings.

'love thy neighbour' as someone once said, allegedly.
                                                                                                  Have to take any quote you get from a tradesman with a pinch of salt

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                                    Quality. Never heard that before haha. A RichieM original?
                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                      I passed you in the woods alright I think it was on Sunday afternoon.

Comment

I believe it was the Big G who came up with that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                          I passed you in the woods alright I think it was on Sunday afternoon.
                                                                                                          I probably wasn't at my best at that stage.

Comment

Can anyone answer me this. I have a annual bus/luas leapcard, do I have to tag on? I assume I can't be fined for not tagging when I have an annual pass?
                                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

I probably wasn't at my best at that stage.
                                                                                                              You were fairly dapper if inappropriate for the weather in a blue suit. I was going to say hello but I didn't have it in me at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                                You were fairly dapper if inappropriate for the weather in a blue suit. I was going to say hello but I didn't have it in me at the time.
                                                                                                                Ah it was linen. Wholly appropriate.

Comment

Quality. Never heard that before haha. A RichieM original?
                                                                                                                  I believe it was the Big G who came up with that one.
                                                                                                                  Not something I remember being said but i would bet it’s been said for about 2000 years.

Comment

Can anyone answer me this. I have a annual bus/luas leapcard, do I have to tag on? I assume I can't be fined for not tagging when I have an annual pass?
                                                                                                                    Still have to tag on, they might try to fine you too as they don't really care about the little man just the rules. You wouldn't actually have to pay anything though and I wouldn't bother tagging if I had a card.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 26-06-18, 13:22.

Comment

That was a very interesting festival Back to functioning today. Yesterday was a serious write off although I did make it back to Waterford as I stopped drinking around midnight on Sunday

Will be going back
                                                                                                                      Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Not something I remember being said but i would bet it’s been said for about 2000 years.
                                                                                                                        Longer, no?

Comment

They ask you to but I don't think you have to or that they'd fine you. But I generally don't see the problem with tagging on if you are at a Luas stop anyway, if the tram is 2 mins away and there's isn't a crowd surrounding the machine.
                                                                                                                          Obviously wouldn't be bothered tagging off.

Tagging on has potential minor longterm advantages, as the system sees there's people getting on at your stop therefore reducing the chances of anyone ever cutting services there.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X