Irish Poker Boards
GG Poker May 17
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Community, Tech, and Feedback > Community & Games

Old 01-08-17, 18:31   #181
digiman

Training for the marathon at the moment myself. On week 4 of a 16 week plan which I've been sticking to fairly well to date.

Problem is I'm really struggling to get my pace up, have been doing interval sessions each week but when it comes to the long runs I'm just going so slow and way of my time from last year. Alot of work to do yet
digiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 02-08-17, 23:46   #182
BennyHiFi

Been down in West Cork on holiday since Saturday and three runs in so far.

5K up to the top of Baltimore Hill/Beacon from the village with some easy trails to get to 60m altitude (twice) + 12/13K to Lough Hyne along the picture postcard, hilly boreens (except i never saw Lough Hyne cos i got lost and had abandon ship and run back home).

Got to the end of July with 550Km done for the year and 580Km on the target which is the best I've managed in five years at this stage.

Summer is generally slower so i'm stoked cos i'm basically fully on target for my 1000km for the year (famous last words!) and can have some fun in the next couple of months.

Mondello half is next on Sept 3. Hope to beat my July Clontarf time of 2:10. Feeling groovy!
BennyHiFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 03-08-17, 07:14   #183
Lazare
GFML

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiman View Post
Training for the marathon at the moment myself. On week 4 of a 16 week plan which I've been sticking to fairly well to date.

Problem is I'm really struggling to get my pace up, have been doing interval sessions each week but when it comes to the long runs I'm just going so slow and way of my time from last year. Alot of work to do yet
Read some great advice on boards about PMP sessions at this stage of a training plan. Basically we should be running them at a pace we could sustain for 26.2 with today's fitness level, we shouldn't be running them at our goal pace, which at the moment is probably our HM pace. As aerobic fitness improves, so will our sustainable pace.

You're naturally not going to feel comfortable running at last year's pace right now given last year was at the tail end of 16 weeks intense training.

Did you keep a log last year? Be a good idea to check how you're comparing now to this stage last year.

Also, the slower the better on your weekend LSR, you want to keep it aerobic.

Irish Poker Boards > Community, Tech, and Feedback > Community & Games