X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anymorejokes View Post
    stats on the players in the hand would be a help, their stack sizes as well
    Everyone covered me i wasnt really at the table long enough for any massive reads. I guess exact stack sizes would be better.

I dont have hem hooked up for entraction either. In general i dont pay much heed to hem for mtts. I have it on ipoker and stars but dont really depend on it much. I may just have an odd glance.

I assume you will tell me this is a bad idea and i should use it.
    Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
      Everyone covered me i wasnt really at the table long enough for any massive reads. I guess exact stack sizes would be better.

I dont have hem hooked up for entraction either. In general i dont pay much heed to hem for mtts. I have it on ipoker and stars but dont really depend on it much. I may just have an odd glance.

I assume you will tell me this is a bad idea and i should use it.
      personally i use it anyhow, it's a handy resource, Ya their stack sizes would help alright. i shove from the info given
      https://twitter.com/#!/PadraigONeill89

Comment

Seems like a pretty good spot to me, Tipp.
        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

This hand is from the €100 35k gtd Entraction game

I think its probably a mistake to shove but got a rush of blood.

9 handed blinds 150-300 ante 15

utg + 2 raises 789 he gets 2 callers im in the bb with 77 playing 5.3k and decide to shove.

Although i made the shove looking back im not a huge fan as there is way better lower variance spots to accumulate chips.

I guess i just looked at taking down the near 3k that was in the pot.

Any thoughts fold? call? shove?
          Super-standard shove with <20BB's. Even without the two callers behind I'd probably still shove unless the raiser is a nit. It's a hugely +EV spot dunno why you second guess yourself.

Also you assume there are going to be better low variance spots to chip up in the future. When the blinds go through you here you are going to have about 16BB's, and will be forced to either shove or fold every hand preflop. It really doesn't get any more high variance than that.
          "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Originally posted by Winning! View Post
            Super-standard shove with <20BB's. Even without the two callers behind I'd probably still shove unless the raiser is a nit. It's a hugely +EV spot dunno why you second guess yourself.

Also you assume there are going to be better low variance spots to chip up in the future. When the blinds go through you here you are going to have about 16BB's, and will be forced to either shove or fold every hand preflop. It really doesn't get any more high variance than that.
            I dont really like shoving without the callers tbh. Maybe it was results based thinking anyway. It was def one of them spots i would be a little unsure of.
            Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

I dont really like shoving without the callers tbh. Maybe it was results based thinking anyway. It was def one of them spots i would be a little unsure of.
              Ya just make your decision shove and look at another table the outcome doesn't matter
              https://twitter.com/#!/PadraigONeill89

Comment

My Partypoker bonus whoring is about to run out. Where's all the fish at now? Entraction? Winamax? <shudder> iPoker?
                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

If you're giving Winamax a go, bare in mind that you'll have to send them documents before your account is fully verified. I think you can play in the mean time but not 100% sure. I'd say give it a go for clearing the bonus at least. Though the rake is slightly more than non-.fr sites, it's lower than stars.fr and I doubt you'll find better games anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                    If you're giving Winamax a go, bare in mind that you'll have to send them documents before your account is fully verified. I think you can play in the mean time but not 100% sure. I'd say give it a go for clearing the bonus at least. Though the rake is slightly more than non-.fr sites, it's lower than stars.fr and I doubt you'll find better games anywhere.
                    What kind of documents? The standard photograph of your passport + proof of address stuff? Or something more?

p.s. it's bear not bare

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                      What kind of documents? The standard photograph of your passport + proof of address stuff? Or something more?

p.s. it's bear not bare
                      ffs I always get that wrong!

You need a bank statement to prove you have a bank a/c in the EU.

Comment

ffs I always get that wrong!

You need a bank statement to prove you have a bank a/c in the EU.
                        Ah I should be able to sort that out without too much bother. FT made me run the full gamut when I first signed up there, so it can't be much worse.

Comment

Lads I'm totally new to HU. Would any HU regs have comments on my stats. All of these hands are against 2 regs.
                          Another question. One of them was 3betting 33%. What's the best way to deal with that kind of thing? Tighten up opening raise, start to minraise, and call lots of them was how I approached it, but he still had the edge in 3b pots I think.

Hands I wasn't sure about:

***** Hand History for Game 1111111111 ***** (Winamax)
                          $20.00 USD NL Texas Hold'em - Wednesday, August 31, 09:00:02 ET 2011
                          Table Senlis (Real Money)
                          Seat 2 is the button
                          Seat 1: Player1 ( $28.37 USD ) - VPIP: 51, PFR: 44, 3B: 33, AF: 6.0, Hands: 176
                          Seat 2: Hero ( $57.92 USD )
                          Hero posts small blind [$0.10 USD].
                          Player1 posts big blind [$0.20 USD].
                          Dealt to Hero [ 2d Ah ]
                          ** Dealing down cards **
                          Hero raises [$0.30 USD]
                          Player1 raises [$1.80 USD]
                          Hero raises [$4.10 USD]
                          Player1 calls [$2.50 USD]
                          ** Dealing Flop ** [ 8c, 8s, 3h ]
                          Player1 checks
                          Hero checks
                          ** Dealing Turn ** [ Ac ]
                          Player1 bets [$6.00 USD]
                          Hero calls [$6.00 USD]
                          ** Dealing River ** [ 3s ]
                          Player1 bets [$17.87 USD]

$20.00 USD NL Texas Hold'em - Wednesday, August 31, 08:15:56 ET 2011
                          Table Montbeliard (Real Money)
                          Seat 1 is the button
                          Seat 1: Player1 ( $20.66 USD ) - VPIP: 51, PFR: 44, 3B: 10, AF: 7.4, Hands: 317
                          Seat 2: Hero ( $24.15 USD )
                          Player1 posts small blind [$0.10 USD].
                          Hero posts big blind [$0.20 USD].
                          Dealt to Hero [ Td Ac ]
                          ** Dealing down cards **
                          Player1 raises [$0.50 USD]
                          Hero calls [$0.40 USD]
                          ** Dealing Flop ** [ Ts, 6c, 5s ]
                          Hero checks
                          Player1 bets [$0.80 USD]
                          Hero raises [$2.60 USD]
                          Player1 calls [$1.80 USD]
                          ** Dealing Turn ** [ Jd ]
                          Hero bets [$3.60 USD]
                          Player1 raises [$9.00 USD]
                          Attached Files

Comment

They are both tough hands. They are both folds imo. Prob best to stay away from regs until you are more confident.

Comment

Hand one is a fold probably, its clear what you have and he prob wouldnt try to make you fold it. Also, given you're a bit deeper he can prob have Ak/Aq if he's not that good, (which he prob isn't) which means he can have a bunch of hands that make sense with the sizing he took on the river. Its a close decision though because conversely you're still more likely to have AK than him and he should be worried about that when you call the turn.

As an aside, people often flat 4 bets with unpaired broadway cards, i'd bet the flop and make him fold them. You don't have THAAAAAAT much sd value with A2.

Hand 2 is a call, the jack doesnt change much, there are a load of draws he can jam, or worse tens or worse pairs that beat your "draw" or whatever basically. Theres also a non-zero chance he 3bets the flop with everything that beats your hand before the j comes. Yeah he'll have j10, AA or whatever sometimes but not enough.

You need to open way more buttons, 56% is really nitty. Try opening 100% until someone gives you a reason not to.

BB stats look good, you could prob 3bet a bit more.

How many 3bets you call will be pretty situational but your stat looks fine.

Comment

sigh, misread hand 2 as usual. Dunno now. Tricky again.

Comment

Vs the guy 3betting 33%, minraising is good, as is tightening up and calling way lighter. You should definitely start 4betting for value. I'd say 66+,AT+,KQ becomes an instant 4bet/call 100BB deep vs that kind of range. If he's 3betting that light and not calling/5betting light too, he's massively exploitable. It's high variance, but the value is there.

Comment

@Zuutroy, your stats dont look great so far tbh, you should be playing close to 100% of hands in the sb, definitely >80 anyway vs most players. Your bb range is way too big, your gonna leak money there calling so much preflop. Your agression is way down there too because of this.
                                    "Don't overcomplicate a straight forward game with mathematical bullshit and dicussing different lines with your geeky friends" Chris Olaafson

Comment

Cheers. I guess those stats are slightly skewed because most of the hands are against the guy who was 3b 33% of the time, but even at that I would only be in the 60's so I'll take that on board. I guess I'm keeping a bit snug due to lack of experience postflop in HU games. I usually 3x it. Is that the norm these days or has it gone the way of 6-max with minraises and 2.5x? otb?
                                      Yeah BB stat looks a bit loose on reflection, but if a guy is opening up 80% of buttons I'm not sure what sort of numbers would be normal there?

Comment

Cheers. I guess those stats are slightly skewed because most of the hands are against the guy who was 3b 33% of the time, but even at that I would only be in the 60's so I'll take that on board. I guess I'm keeping a bit snug due to lack of experience postflop in HU games. I usually 3x it. Is that the norm these days or has it gone the way of 6-max with minraises and 2.5x? otb?
                                        Even vs a guy who is 3betting 33% you should still be opening >80%, don't let regs stop you playing the button at all costs, adjust by opening smaller if you have too, 2x/2.5x, floating more, raising flops and 4betting thinner for value and as bluffs. You opening a tight range and not playing enough hands in position only beneifits him, best way to tackle this type of agression preflop is to up your own agression. The button is where you make all the money in headsup, dont give it up easy.

Yeh 2x is standard enough 100bbs deep vs a reg but it varies alot.

Yeah BB stat looks a bit loose on reflection, but if a guy is opening up 80% of buttons I'm not sure what sort of numbers would be normal there?
                                        Ya you are going to hemorrhage money in the bb playing those stats so make sure and fix that b4 you play again. Somewhere between 20 and 35% vs a good reg opening 80% seems about right and then a 3bet of anywhere between 10 and 35% depending on the villian, but it varies massively in heads up and is very villian dependent so there are no perfect stats. If you find yourself with a low agression in the bb it usually means your preflop calling range is too wide and you are getting to turn and rivers with marginal holdings and being forced to fold alot.

I'd say watch a few vids of good heads up players b4 you play too much more and watch the type of hands they call in the bb with vs different types of players, and more importantly the reason why they call with certain hands vs some villians and not/3bet vs others.
                                        "Don't overcomplicate a straight forward game with mathematical bullshit and dicussing different lines with your geeky friends" Chris Olaafson

Comment

Mucho gracias sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Line Us View Post
                                            Even vs a guy who is 3betting 33% you should still be opening >80%, don't let regs stop you playing the button at all costs, adjust by opening smaller if you have too, 2x/2.5x, floating more, raising flops and 4betting thinner for value and as bluffs. You opening a tight range and not playing enough hands in position only beneifits him, best way to tackle this type of agression preflop is to up your own agression. The button is where you make all the money in headsup, dont give it up easy.

Yeh 2x is standard enough 100bbs deep vs a reg but it varies alot.

Ya you are going to hemorrhage money in the bb playing those stats so make sure and fix that b4 you play again. Somewhere between 20 and 35% vs a good reg opening 80% seems about right and then a 3bet of anywhere between 10 and 35% depending on the villian, but it varies massively in heads up and is very villian dependent so there are no perfect stats. If you find yourself with a low agression in the bb it usually means your preflop calling range is too wide and you are getting to turn and rivers with marginal holdings and being forced to fold alot.

I'd say watch a few vids of good heads up players b4 you play too much more and watch the type of hands they call in the bb with vs different types of players, and more importantly the reason why they call with certain hands vs some villians and not/3bet vs others.
                                            I feel weird even beginning to argue with you about this since you crush so much harder than me but here goes,

Do you mean his VPIP in the BB should be between 20 and 35 total?
                                            Because you then go on to say that he should have a 3b between 10 and 35 which, if he was close to 35 would already bring total VPIP near to your outer limit?

Also, lets say we played VPIP 20.

If he opens to 3x, we need to defend 37.5% or he auto profits.
                                            If he opens to 2x, we need to defend 50% or he auto profits.

20% seems ridiculously tight.

Comment

Fwiw when I played a lot of hu I used to play 36% from the sb and about 98% from the bb with 3betting 16% from bb.

Comment

Other way around I'd assume!

Comment

Other way around I'd assume!
                                                  Possibly, not really in the shape to argue!

Comment

Originally posted by colquhom View Post
                                                    I feel weird even beginning to argue with you about this since you crush so much harder than me but here goes,

Do you mean his VPIP in the BB should be between 20 and 35 total?
                                                    Because you then go on to say that he should have a 3b between 10 and 35 which, if he was close to 35 would already bring total VPIP near to your outer limit?

Also, lets say we played VPIP 20.

If he opens to 3x, we need to defend 37.5% or he auto profits.
                                                    If he opens to 2x, we need to defend 50% or he auto profits.

20% seems ridiculously tight.
                                                    Yeh I really explained it bad, I meant a calling range between 20 and 35% preflop in the bb and a 3betting range of 10-35%, depending on opponents. Zuutroy is calling 35% of hands pre and 3betting 12% but his aggression is just way too low for that to be a good gameplan long term.

Comment

Originally posted by Line Us View Post
                                                      Yeh I really explained it bad, I meant a calling range between 20 and 35% preflop in the bb and a 3betting range of 10-35%, depending on opponents. Zuutroy is calling 35% of hands pre and 3betting 12% but his aggression is just way too low for that to be a good gameplan long term.
                                                      Yeah, totally standard so. Grand, thought i was going insane.

Comment

Stats don't matter when it comes to this shit! Guess this is all in a days work for HU!

Winamax Poker - CashGame - HandId: #1763149-1666-1315088930 - Holdem no limit (0.10€/0.20€) - 2011/09/03 23:28:50 UTC
                                                        ***** Hand History for Game 17631491666 ***** (Winamax)
                                                        $20.00 USD NL Texas Hold'em - Saturday, September 03, 11:28:50 ET 2011
                                                        Table Szkesfehrvr (Real Money)
                                                        Seat 2 is the button
                                                        Seat 1: renard42000 ( $47.11 USD )
                                                        Seat 2: argent svp ( $52.26 USD )
                                                        argent svp posts small blind [$0.10 USD].
                                                        renard42000 posts big blind [$0.20 USD].
                                                        Dealt to argent svp [ 6h 7h ]
                                                        ** Dealing down cards **
                                                        argent svp raises [$0.50 USD]
                                                        renard42000 raises [$2.80 USD]
                                                        argent svp calls [$2.40 USD]
                                                        ** Dealing Flop ** [ 7s, 2d, 7d ]
                                                        renard42000 bets [$3.00 USD]
                                                        argent svp raises [$11.60 USD]
                                                        renard42000 raises [$17.20 USD]
                                                        argent svp raises [$37.66 USD]
                                                        renard42000 calls [$23.91 USD]
                                                        ** Dealing Turn ** [ Jd ]
                                                        ** Dealing River ** [ 9d ]
                                                        renard42000 shows [Qh, Qd ]
                                                        argent svp shows [6h, 7h ]
                                                        argent svp wins $5.15 USD from main pot
                                                        renard42000 wins $92.72 USD from main pot

Comment

Another quick line

$1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
                                                          LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

UTG: $426.85
                                                          MP: $339.35
                                                          CO: $345
                                                          BTN: $399.81
                                                          SB: $68
                                                          Hero (BB): $355.90

Pre-Flop: K K dealt to Hero (BB)
                                                          UTG folds, MP raises to $6, CO calls $6, BTN folds, SB raises to $26, Hero raises to $58, MP raises to $115, CO folds, SB calls $42 and is All-In, Hero ?

So is call or shove the better line?
                                                          MP is 34/19/2.6 with 10% 3b, no 4 or 5b stat. 120 hands
                                                          i've 4b him twice this session and hes folded both times.

Comment

Mike: I think a shove is best as a call looks really suspicious.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                              Mike: I think a shove is best as a call looks really suspicious.
                                                              Yeah I shoved and he folded..
                                                              Was just questioning myself whether it was the best line as shoving obv folded out his weaker hands..

Comment

€2 NL (4 max) - Holdem - 3 players
                                                                Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BTN: €224.23
                                                                Hero (SB): €292.78
                                                                BB: €131.11

Hero posts SB €1.00, BB posts BB €2.00

Pre Flop: (€3.00) Hero has Q:diamond: J:diamond:

BTN raises to €12.00, Hero calls €11.00, BB calls €10.00

Flop: (€36.00, 3 players) A:diamond: 3:club: Q:club:
                                                                Hero checks, BB checks, BTN bets €33.84, Hero calls €33.84, fold

Turn: (€103.68, 2 players) 7:club:
                                                                Hero checks, BTN checks

River: (€103.68, 2 players) 8:heart:
                                                                Hero checks, BTN bets €178.39 and is all-in, Hero calls €178.39

BTN shows 7:heart: 4:spade: (One Pair, Sevens) (Pre 32%, Flop 4%, Turn 11%)
                                                                Hero shows Q:diamond: J:diamond: (One Pair, Queens) (Pre 68%, Flop 96%, Turn 89%)
                                                                Hero wins €455.46

Comment

See you around Noel, excuse my spewieness and general terrible PLO play and bad sick calls!! Made a lovely tilt call earlier when I flopped broadway in 3G pot bs a huge fish on 2 to a flush, potted it, potted turn when board is TJQK and ofc river comes the flush and I have to check call another 140bb or so. he had the nut flush blocker in his hand so nice play by him, pity he didn't know that I still havnt learnt how to fold. Post some hands in the Omaha section too, I've a few that I must post up when I get some time.

Comment

Just played a 20nl HU session as was raked 38 euro in 625 hands. Good for 15ptbb/100. Ugh.

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                                                      used table ninja last night on stars have to say what a program!! played like 12 games no bother (stacked table's = nuts) beside just getting to grips with what buttons i set for what actions no real problems!

FYI: first session on stars last night playing 45 man MTTSNG split ~40% normal ~60% turbo, small winning session although got caught out and stayed up later than i wanted to so have to work out how long i want to stay reg'ing for games - as i don't want to be recked for work in the morning

any one got any idea'show long aver the following games last

45's normal speed
                                                                      45's Turbo
                                                                      45's super turbo
                                                                      90's normal Speed
                                                                      90's Turbo
                                                                      90's super turbo
                                                                      180's normal
                                                                      180's Turbo
                                                                      180's Super Turbo

Thanks
                                                                      x post from BBV can anyone help me out in here??

thanks

Comment

HU hand. Guy was playing very aggressively. 75/66 with 38% 3bet and 42% agg frequency. Folding to 20% of cbets and raising 20%. This hand happened about 100 hands into the session. A few mins early he called a 3b 87s and called cbet on AT7 bdfd and a shove on the turn which gave him the FD and GS. Seems very suspicious and calls down very light.

$20.00 USD NL Texas Hold'em - Tuesday, September 06, 10:08:09 ET 2011
                                                                        Seat 1 is the button
                                                                        Seat 1: Hero ( $34.33 USD ) -
                                                                        Seat 2: Player2 ( $26.73 USD )
                                                                        Player2 posts big blind [$0.20 USD].
                                                                        Dealt to Hero [ K T ]
                                                                        ** Dealing down cards **
                                                                        Hero raises [$0.50 USD]
                                                                        Player2 calls [$0.40 USD]
                                                                        ** Dealing Flop ** [ 5, 4, K ]
                                                                        Player2 checks
                                                                        Hero bets [$0.90 USD]
                                                                        Player2 calls [$0.90 USD]
                                                                        ** Dealing Turn ** [ 8 ]
                                                                        Player2 checks
                                                                        Hero bets [$2.25 USD]
                                                                        Player2 raises [$6.45 USD]
                                                                        Hero calls [$4.20 USD]
                                                                        ** Dealing River ** [ 9 ]
                                                                        Player2 bets [$18.78 USD] just over pot and all in.

Comment

HU hand. Guy was playing very aggressively. 75/66 with 38% 3bet and 42% agg frequency. Folding to 20% of cbets and raising 20%. This hand happened about 100 hands into the session. A few mins early he called a 3b 87s and called cbet on AT7 bdfd and a shove on the turn which gave him the FD and GS. Seems very suspicious and calls down very light.

$20.00 USD NL Texas Hold'em - Tuesday, September 06, 10:08:09 ET 2011
                                                                          Seat 1 is the button
                                                                          Seat 1: Hero ( $34.33 USD ) -
                                                                          Seat 2: Player2 ( $26.73 USD )
                                                                          Player2 posts big blind [$0.20 USD].
                                                                          Dealt to Hero [ K T ]
                                                                          ** Dealing down cards **
                                                                          Hero raises [$0.50 USD]
                                                                          Player2 calls [$0.40 USD]
                                                                          ** Dealing Flop ** [ 5, 4, K ]
                                                                          Player2 checks
                                                                          Hero bets [$0.90 USD]
                                                                          Player2 calls [$0.90 USD]
                                                                          ** Dealing Turn ** [ 8 ]
                                                                          Player2 checks
                                                                          Hero bets [$2.25 USD]
                                                                          Player2 raises [$6.45 USD]
                                                                          Hero calls [$4.20 USD]
                                                                          ** Dealing River ** [ 9 ]
                                                                          Player2 bets [$18.78 USD] just over pot and all in.
                                                                          I'd probably get them in on the turn against this guy, but obviously not feeling great about it.

Comment

x post from BBV can anyone help me out in here??

thanks
                                                                            I owe you a favour for all your help today so il work it out roughly manually. Im guessing each game (180 man ) would finish at approx the 21st level.

So 180 man normal ( 15 minutes ) = 5.15 turbo ( 5 mins ) = 1.45 hyper = 42 mins

I assume you would just half that for 90 man. I cant be 100% sure of any of this info but going by stacks and stuff its a rough estimate.
                                                                            Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

8 buyins below EV in 1k hands...gotta be a record.

Dropped 14 in total only to take a trip to 200nl to recover 8 of them

Such a tilt monkey....I think the HU experiment is over!

Comment

Live game 23 left 8 handed

800-1500 ante 100

utg+2 limps, Utg+3 limps, Cu limps i shove the button for 16k

Reads

The first 2 limpers will not call a shove im 90% sure for the first guy and 100% sure for the next lady as ive previous play with them. The Cu was a mental case fella well in his 60s played around 80/10 in online terms.He had folded to shoves after limping a good few times.
                                                                                SPOILER
                                                                                He at one stage asked the dealer what were the point of these blinds theres no need for them
                                                                                Id say i feel he will fold about 70% of the time if i had to put a number on it.All players covered me aswell.

Can i justify shoving 27off suit in this spot or is it just to bad a hand regardless? I just feel its a top class opportunity to boost my stack by 50% without a showdown !

SPOILER
                                                                                Obviously bad beat story the mad man called with 78 said hed gamble
                                                                                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Live game 23 left 8 handed

800-1500 ante 100

utg+2 limps, Utg+3 limps, Cu limps i shove the button for 16k

Reads

The first 2 limpers will not call a shove im 90% sure for the first guy and 100% sure for the next lady as ive previous play with them. The Cu was a mental case fella well in his 60s played around 80/10 in online terms.He had folded to shoves after limping a good few times.
                                                                                  SPOILER
                                                                                  He at one stage asked the dealer what were the point of these blinds theres no need for them
                                                                                  Id say i feel he will fold about 70% of the time if i had to put a number on it.All players covered me aswell.

Can i justify shoving 27off suit in this spot or is it just to bad a hand regardless? I just feel its a top class opportunity to boost my stack by 50% without a showdown !

SPOILER
                                                                                  Obviously bad beat story the mad man called with 78 said hed gamble
                                                                                  Hi Enda,
                                                                                  I see nothing wrong in your rational in making that play. But something to keep in mind is the level of player your up against. Generally, when we are making "plays" on players, we make them on thinking players, as in players who can figure out their weak holding is more than likely behing to a tight players push. Also, when I do get lucky enough to play with a table of "bad" players, if I am gonna do something like you did, I would ensure I had at least 20+ x bb's when Im doing it. If I get as low as you did (approx 10 bb's) I think they're the wrong type of player to be shoving light on.

Still, Im sure they got a kick out of you tabling your 7-2!!!

Connie

Comment

You seem to ignore hand strength a decent amount when "making moves" tipp. Its hugely important obv. I would imagine 72 would be v bad there, and would definitely question your reads. Guess you can shove lightish, but having anything approaching a big card is worth a lot.
                                                                                    Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Originally posted by connie147 View Post
                                                                                      Hi Enda,
                                                                                      I see nothing wrong in your rational in making that play. But something to keep in mind is the level of player your up against. Generally, when we are making "plays" on players, we make them on thinking players, as in players who can figure out their weak holding is more than likely behing to a tight players push. Also, when I do get lucky enough to play with a table of "bad" players, if I am gonna do something like you did, I would ensure I had at least 20+ x bb's when Im doing it. If I get as low as you did (approx 10 bb's) I think they're the wrong type of player to be shoving light on.

Still, Im sure they got a kick out of you tabling your 7-2!!!

Connie
                                                                                      Ya the only thing is if im sitting on 20bbs im probably not going to do this with such a shit hand. The guy who called was calling a 20bb shove as quick id say.

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                                                                                      You seem to ignore hand strength a decent amount when "making moves" tipp. Its hugely important obv. I would imagine 72 would be v bad there, and would definitely question your reads. Guess you can shove lightish, but having anything approaching a big card is worth a lot.
                                                                                      Ya i agree with hand strength but how would you question the reads part?

The only other thing is these player love flops, they dont like pre flop play. They also are less likely to want to go bust without seeing a flop imo. This is there big game for the month. The fact i had 11bbs the other 3 players had 14-20bbs so in theory its a stack decision.

I suppose from the 2 replys its fair to say its a fold. Whats the worst hand ye will happily shove here?
                                                                                      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

That be more like it.

Attached Files

Comment

Ya the only thing is if im sitting on 20bbs im probably not going to do this with such a shit hand. The guy who called was calling a 20bb shove as quick id say.

Ya i agree with hand strength but how would you question the reads part?

The only other thing is these player love flops, they dont like pre flop play. They also are less likely to want to go bust without seeing a flop imo. This is there big game for the month. The fact i had 11bbs the other 3 players had 14-20bbs so in theory its a stack decision.

I suppose from the 2 replys its fair to say its a fold. Whats the worst hand ye will happily shove here?

Against players of the standard you are talking about, I like any pair and QJ+ considering you have 3 limpers to get through. You only have just less that 11 bb's.
                                                                                          There is sb, bb, and 3 x limps + 800 in antes so pot = 7,600. You shove for 16k, so any player already in has to put in 9bb's to call, and chances are one of them will decide to take you on. If you're gonna do it with this kinda hand, I'd much rather you have 20bb's, because theres far less chance of you being called.
                                                                                          Im probably not explaining myself very well, but in summary, you dont have enough chips to shove so light over 3 limpers.

Comment

so had my first semi-week of playing MTTSNG's put in like 65 games mix of 45 reg/turbo's and 90 normal/knockouts only playing the $1/$1.50 level

Ended up like 6 dollars down when i checked the cashier, so just went back into my PT, and he told me that i bought into 1 X $15 45 man turbo's FML

Didn't do to bad in it, Shoved 66's BVB 13 people out ran into a big stack with KJ! When i check table ninja's STT opener it had filter $1 / $1.50 and $15 games!!

Comment

Anyone have a guide to Tableninja sit and go sensei?

As it stands, I have my pokerstars set up to leave only 5 different SnG types. What I want is to press "start" and have tableninja autoreg for any of these that are available up to 16 tournaments.

Is this straightforward? How to auto-close lobby when tournament opens would be nice too...

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

As it stands, I have my pokerstars set up to leave only 5 different SnG types. What I want is to press "start" and have tableninja autoreg for any of these that are available up to 16 tournaments.

Is this straightforward? How to auto-close lobby when tournament opens would be nice too...
                                                                                                It's straightforward enough, the guide here explains it fairly well http://tableninja.com/itembyitemdoc....pener&lang=en#

I have it autoregging me for 15 at a time till I've played 100 sngs, everytime I get knocked out of one it registers me for a new one, dead handy.

Comment

Tourney hand 10eur deepstack on Winamax. 42 left, 30 paid. Looking for best line on all streets plz. Guy has been playing a little funky but nothing insane VPIP: 32, PFR: 11, 3B: 17, AF: 2.0

No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 1250/2500 Blinds (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP (t163822)
                                                                                                  Hero (CO) (t143018)
                                                                                                  Button (t169851)
                                                                                                  SB (t91446)
                                                                                                  BB (t154760)
                                                                                                  UTG (t200281)

Hero's M: 38.14

Preflop: Hero is CO with 10, 9
                                                                                                  2 folds, Hero bets t6250, 2 folds, BB calls t3750

Flop: (t13750) 9, Q, 10 (2 players)
                                                                                                  BB checks, Hero bets t11250, BB raises t27500, Hero calls t16250

Turn: (t68750) 5 (2 players)
                                                                                                  BB bets t39876, Hero calls t39876

River: (t148502) J (2 players)
                                                                                                  BB checks

Comment

Zuutroy: Very villian dependant, but I probably just get them in on the flop.
                                                                                                    Last edited by AndyFatBastard; 16-09-11, 16:19.

Comment

so had my first semi-week of playing MTTSNG's put in like 65 games mix of 45 reg/turbo's and 90 normal/knockouts only playing the $1/$1.50 level

Ended up like 6 dollars down when i checked the cashier, so just went back into my PT, and he told me that i bought into 1 X $15 45 man turbo's FML

Didn't do to bad in it, Shoved 66's BVB 13 people out ran into a big stack with KJ! When i check table ninja's STT opener it had filter $1 / $1.50 and $15 games!!
                                                                                                      Originally posted by Emmet View Post

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                                      It's straightforward enough, the guide here explains it fairly well http://tableninja.com/itembyitemdoc....pener&lang=en#

I have it autoregging me for 15 at a time till I've played 100 sngs, everytime I get knocked out of one it registers me for a new one, dead handy.
                                                                                                      @ Emmet: be sure u check everything out before putting this into full swing, also please make sure everytime stars has an update becuase the smallest things seem to affect it

also i have STT opening filtering out games fro $1.50 turbo 45 mans but when i check it back it was some how showing $1.5 and $15 45 mans

@ Boshman: how long would it take you to play 100 game's 15 tabling? are these turbo's???

Thanks

Comment

What do you think of this bluff v 23/17 reg with nut blocker? Do people bet fold sets here? Is shove better than my sizing? Shove seems too much tbh.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
                                                                                                        NL Holdem $2(BB) Replayer
                                                                                                        SB ($492)
                                                                                                        Hero ($296)
                                                                                                        BTN ($422)

Dealt to Hero A:club: T:heart:

BTN raises to $4.50, fold, Hero calls $2.50

FLOP ($10) 6:club: T:club: 7:diamond:

Hero checks, BTN bets $7.50, Hero calls $7.50

TURN ($25) 6:club: T:club: 7:diamond: 4:heart:

Hero checks, BTN bets $18.75, Hero calls $18.75

RIVER ($62.50) 6:club: T:club: 7:diamond: 4:heart: J:club:

[color=red]Hero checks, BTN bets $46, Hero raises to $160
                                                                                                        Last edited by ikilldurrr1; 21-09-11, 13:33. Reason: result removed

Comment

When he gets to the river as played his range for betting it is all flushes (~20 combos) sets (15 combos) and straights (16 combos) I think, for a total of 51. Of those he's only folding the sets and let's be optimistic and say he folds all sets, then he's folding 30% of the time.
                                                                                                          You're risking 160 to win 108 meaning he needs to fold >60% of the time.
                                                                                                          Not even close in that case.

Comment

He has some bluffs too.

Comment

I don't think many players are barreling that turn and following up on that river when called. Evenif you do factor in a few bluffs you're still quite far from the b/e point.

Also, don't post results!

Comment

@ Boshman: how long would it take you to play 100 game's 15 tabling? are these turbo's???

Thanks
                                                                                                                Recently it's been the 9 man hyperturbos, probably around 75 minutes for 100 of them depending on the time of day.

I used to 20 table the turbos pre black friday and 100 of them using SNG sensei was 2.5 to 3 hours afair.

Comment

What's the plan here? Sizing was quite awkward I should've went for 1/2 pot flop, 1/2 pot turn, but in game I was inclined to bet a bit bigger on that flop texture. Now I'm left with about 1.5x pot on the turn and feel like I'm never getting called by worse but checking gives free cards when his range can have lots of equity.

$30.00 USD NL Texas Hold'em - Monday, October 03, 10:53:45 ET 2011
                                                                                                                  Table La RochesurYon (Real Money)
                                                                                                                  Seat 3 is the button
                                                                                                                  Seat 1: Player1 ( $32.50 USD ) - VPIP: 20, PFR: 15, 3B: 7, AF: 5.0, Hands: 124
                                                                                                                  Seat 2: Player2 ( $34.26 USD ) - VPIP: 29, PFR: 23, 3B: 5, AF: 3.2, Hands: 115
                                                                                                                  Seat 3: Player3 ( $16.16 USD ) - VPIP: 28, PFR: 8, 3B: 3, AF: 1.5, Hands: 76
                                                                                                                  Seat 4: Hero ( $30.00 USD ) - VPIP: 28, PFR: 22, 3B: 6, AF: 3.0, Hands: 11157
                                                                                                                  Seat 5: Player5 ( $45.24 USD ) - VPIP: 40, PFR: 14, 3B: 0, AF: 5.7, Hands: 63
                                                                                                                  Hero posts small blind [$0.15 USD].
                                                                                                                  Player5 posts big blind [$0.30 USD].
                                                                                                                  Dealt to Hero [ A A ]
                                                                                                                  ** Dealing down cards **
                                                                                                                  Player1 raises [$0.90 USD]
                                                                                                                  Player2 folds
                                                                                                                  Player3 folds
                                                                                                                  Hero raises [$3.15 USD]
                                                                                                                  Player5 folds
                                                                                                                  Player1 calls [$2.40 USD]
                                                                                                                  ** Dealing Flop ** [ T, 7, 3 ] [$6.50]
                                                                                                                  Hero bets [$4.60 USD]
                                                                                                                  Player1 calls [$4.60 USD]
                                                                                                                  ** Dealing Turn ** [ 9 ] [$15.70]
                                                                                                                  Hero.... with $22.25
                                                                                                                  Last edited by Guest; 04-10-11, 09:17.

Comment

More on flop, shove turn. He calls with all overpairs and some other pairs. That's the type of board where you you don't really want to get to a river with money left.

I'd just commit myself on the turn given your sizing.

Comment

There's 6.30 in the pot pre so i would make it like 5/5.50 on the flop and pot it on the turn/shove on the turn, checking is kind of weak but if he has like top pair/ overpair hands i think you give far to much room to get away with it, what did you think his range was for calling pre??

Comment

Prolly 99-JJ, KQs+

Comment

wouldn't mind checking on a dryer board but as HJ says comit and scream hold, reverse fist pump when it does, break mouse and kick cat when it doesn't

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X