Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
    How badly we could do with him and Rice.
    Grealish and Rice sounds like a scousers breakfast . Sorry we need tougher names than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
      Grealish and Rice sounds like a scousers breakfast . Sorry we need tougher names than that.
      Also sounds like the best midfield we would have had in 30 years!

Comment

Woodwoods house attacked by flares tonight.

First bit of attacking he's seen in quiet a while .🙄

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
          You have got to admire the audacity and ridiculousness of the gobshite in chief's Middle east peace plan.

You surrender in total, give up all your demands oh and as a bonus prize we will take all the water from the Jordan and in return we will offer a vague promise of el dorado.
          How dare you mock something enthusiastically endorsed by Bibi Netanyahoo?
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Minnestota Timberwolves ended up losing this match (in OT).

It got to a point where they were up by 12 with about a minute left and our win probability thing at work had less than 0.1% chance of Kings winning

They seem to love scoring highly in 4th Q vs T-Wolves

Last edited by TheJiggaman; 29-01-20, 08:09.

Comment

Originally posted by Rahenyrhythm View Post
              Ha ha. Only seeing your post now Lazare. That is fucking mad ok. 6 degrees of separation? The more I learn about life, I'm beginning to think it's only two degrees. Anyway, I am a Daly, from 90, All Saints Road, on the corner of Watermill Park and All Saints. Your mam, and probably Richie (your uncle lol!) were a little bit older than me, so wouldn't have had a lot of contact. Richie might remember me, I doubt your mam would know who I was (I'm Ger, I had my long wavy hair down to my Arse in my teens!). Anyway, as I say, small world. Dunno if you have anything at all to do with Tom T, but if so, tell him I said hello!!! As you say, mad ... and lovely to meet you Lazare, even at a "distance"! 👍
              Same to you Ger, I'll say it to them all. So you knew my Dad Tom very well? He got big into poker, he even posted on here a few times. They're living in Spain now.

I'll message him later on and tell him I was chatting to you.

Mad.
              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Cool. That's how I got to know your Dad, playing poker, mainly in The Loft in Naas. Got to know him bout 2006 or 2007. Now, we never hung out together or anything but had many's the good chat about life, love, the universe and all, as he would slowly relieve me of all my Chips !!! Thought he might end up in Spain, he loved the lifestyle over there ok...

Comment

Any one know how to calculate the overround where multiple places are paid like in GE To Win a Seat betting?
                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Thanks. Working out at 555% for a five seater.
                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                      I haven't fasted before GP blood test as don't care about cholesterol, but just read there that it's necessary for iron count test too.
                      Yeah I think you need to for that, but not for the ferritin test for iron if that is all they are doing, not sure about more than that since I absorb more iron than others so don't care about it too much. Apart from if it would be too much, but being vegan I doubt that will ever happen.

I also fast for renal function panels, B12, Gamma-glutamyl transferase (GGT), not sure if anything else I get requires it.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                        How dare you mock something enthusiastically endorsed by Bibi Netanyahoo?
                        Do you know what, this plan is so far off the wall crazy that I can see it coming to pass.

Don't get me wrong this is evil to its core. There is no deal or offer, these are surrender terms blinged up with a hand waving $50Bn teaser that is as real as a degree from Trump University.
                        They are not even vaguely interested in engaging the leadership and while it appears they are going over straight over their heads and addressing the besieged people of Palestine perhaps their real intended audience is a very small group that one that maybe doesn't even exist right now.

If we look past the obvious theatrics, everyone knows it's presentation at this time is mostly about cover for two crooks facing their own investigations but the probability is that in two years time those two crooks will still be in power. What then? The Palestinians on their own are too broken and broke for another upscaling of the never ending David v Goliath intifada. Will Iran be willing or able to enter a full scale war with the Americans? Because that is what it will take if Trump gets a second term.
                        Without the backing of Iran there is nothing but surrender and complete subjugation for them and with it there is just continued war.

I can see how an alternative future of bribery and corruption fed from a magic porridge pot would have the potential to seed a new kind of leadership.
                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Strewel must be charging Boom Time rates again.....

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                            Strewel must be charging Boom Time rates again.....

"There's certainly no evidence of cartel-like behaviour"

Comment

It's nonsense, in the unlikely event that they charge for cash withdrawal it will only be in a few outliers like festivals maybe the odd tourist trap etc.
                              If you don't want to pay it don't use it .

Euronet already run 1000+ ATM's here without charging users.
                              Last edited by Strewelpeter; 29-01-20, 14:18.

Comment

How is it a stealth tax?
                                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

It's nonsense, in the unlikely event that they charge for cash withdrawal it will only be in a few outliers like festivals maybe the odd tourist trap etc.

Euronet already run 100+ ATM's here without charging users.
                                  What's their model? Charge the venue?

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                    How is it a stealth tax?
                                    get out of here with your reason and common sense.
                                    We've no time for that here while there are pitchforks to be sharpened
                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                      What's their model? Charge the venue?
                                      Don't know if they get anything from the site owner.
                                      Interchange fees is where the money is, there is c.1.5% sloshing around between card issuer and network and banks are willing to take the hit on paying that sort of rate where it is cheaper than running their own and that will be mainly off site in convenience shops and isolated locations.

Comment

How is it a stealth tax?
                                        "It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning."

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                          "It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning."
                                          Wasn’t this him whinging about fiat currency?

I’m lost. How does this relate to atms charging 3.50? And how does atms charging 3.50 make a stealth tax?
                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                            get out of here with your reason and common sense.
                                            We've no time for that here while there are pitchforks to be sharpened
                                            I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.

People need to get their pitchforks out for hotels that pretend to be environmental by leaving you with dirty towels.

There are real problems here people.

Comment

Euronet already run 1000+ ATM's here without charging users.
                                              Theres been a charge on a good few of those ive tried in city centre shops.

Although if it can stop cunts making 3 or 4 transactions while your second in queue i could live with it
                                              airport, lol

Comment

Wasn’t this him whinging about fiat currency?

I’m lost. How does this relate to atms charging 3.50? And how does atms charging 3.50 make a stealth tax?
                                                I imagine he just means its a deduction on your own money, similar to tax. I wouldnt say he put huge thought into the phrase.
                                                Obviously as it wont be state revenue we know it isnt tax, but i dont think thats the part to get hung up on here
                                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                  I imagine he just means its a deduction on your own money, similar to tax. I wouldnt say he put huge thought into the phrase.
                                                  Obviously as it wont be state revenue we know it isnt tax, but i dont think thats the part to get hung up on here
                                                  I would guess the train of thought is that this is a boost to the revenue of banks which are owned in part by the state, at the expense of the citizen who's money was used to keep them afloat ten years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                    I really, REALLY, hope you don't know who said that and what they meant.
                                                    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                      I would guess the train of thought is that this is a boost to the revenue of banks which are owned in part by the state, at the expense of the citizen who's money was used to keep them afloat ten years ago.
                                                      Its cost reduction rather than revenue for the banks, cashing in and unloading a depreciating asset to someone who can run it much more efficiently than they can.

Theres been a charge on a good few of those ive tried in city centre shops.
                                                      I do understand that its likely that the bigger share of the market the more they can and probably will extend the range of where they charge.
                                                      If that goes too far people will vote with their feet, I don't think anyone is ever going to be in a position where they need to for instance pay a fee to get cash to do the weekly shopping.

Cash was always very expensive to handle, even when it accounted for 90% of transactions and with ATM's and the most efficient cash handling operations possible were in use the overall cost was a minimum of 3% and could be as much as double that for medium sized business that took in large amounts.
                                                      Now that cash usage is falling off a cliff the cost for banks grows enormously, I wouldn't know these days but I'd say the same is true for bigger retailers too.

I wouldn't be surprised if you soon see supermarkets shifting a lot of their loyalty discounts to non cash payments only

Comment

On the other hand, why do people expect to get a very very convenient service for free?

ya ya you can say there would be no banks without our deposits, but you also definitely wouldn't put your paycheck under the mattress so give it a rest.

Comment

So anything the banks do to raise revenue is a 'stealth tax'?

Comment

On the other hand, why do people expect to get a very very convenient service for free?

ya ya you can say there would be no banks without our deposits, but you also definitely wouldn't put your paycheck under the mattress so give it a rest.
                                                            They already charge per transaction I thought .
                                                            The very existence is too drain every cent from the customers . The very same who pay USC every week to help repair the damage they did to the country . Who gets their profits now ?
                                                            Anyone paying USC should get free banking .

What's Kayroo on about above ? Curious.

Comment

Precedent?
                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Precedent?
                                                                Yeah fair, watery though.

If it's the case of the banks all agreeing to charge. Its cartel action, and should be goosed.

If it's the case of all of them outsourcing for better efficiency, and the outsourced company charging then thats also arguably cartel action.

If it's the case of one of theme doing the outsourcing, its a terrible idea.

If its the case of select ATMs in very very convenient places charging then I'm ok with that.

It's no different to Airport Currency exchanges hammering you on rates.

I had an idea for an app that lets people in airports search for other people to exchange money with. Seems to make sense. Would geo fence to an airport to mitigate the obvious crime element.

Comment

So anything the banks do to raise revenue is a 'stealth tax'?
                                                                  You keep asking me questions about positions I don't claim to hold lately.

Comment

The one that places should be sentenced to being beaten to incapacity then burned alive for is the 'do you want to pay in local currency or euros, sir?'

i.e. 'do you want me to steal your money, sir?'

Comment

You keep asking me questions about positions I don't claim to hold lately.
                                                                      HA I actually thought this when I wrote that. I think the 'So' is unnecessarily accusatory. Apologies!

Don't mean to imply that you hold it, I'm more teasing it out.

Comment

HA I actually thought this when I wrote that. I think the 'So' is unnecessarily accusatory. Apologies!

Don't mean to imply that you hold it, I'm more teasing it out.
                                                                        I guess a good question might be what would be considered a real stealth tax?

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                          What's Kayroo on about above ? Curious.
                                                                          The quote is normally attributed to Henry Ford. A truly disgusting fascist, the quote refers to a conspiracy of worldwide Jewish backed moneylenders undermining national governments.

So, not a typical HJ quote
                                                                          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                            The quote is normally attributed to Henry Ford. A truly disgusting fascist, the quote refers to a conspiracy of worldwide Jewish backed moneylenders undermining national governments.

It's a 2005 HJ quote!

Comment

I guess a good question might be what would be considered a real stealth tax?
                                                                              There's not much stealth about a warning on screen saying they're gonna take 3.50, if anything it's less stealth than actual taxes, and completely avoidable as it's paying for convenience.

Can't think of any actual stealth tax.
                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

There's not much stealth about a warning on screen saying they're gonna take 3.50, if anything it's less stealth than actual taxes, and completely avoidable as it's paying for convenience.

Can't think of any actual stealth tax.
                                                                                State lottos where some portion of the entries are spent on social or capital projects?

Comment

State lottos where some portion of the entries are spent on social or capital projects?
                                                                                  NZ land based sports betting via TAB?

Similar idea, a proportion of profits are distributed across over 30 different sporting organisations.

Comment

Why do we need to use ATMs in Ireland anyway, even most backwater places take card (bar heading to the races maybe) ? Was in Berlin is September, loads of pubs & restaurants didnt take card which was a pain..Most people dont even carry their physical card.. everyone is using Apple or Google Pay no?
                                                                                    Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                                                                      Why do we need to use ATMs in Ireland anyway, even most backwater places take card (bar heading to the races maybe) ? Was in Berlin is September, loads of pubs & restaurants didnt take card which was a pain..Most people dont even carry their physical card.. everyone is using Apple or Google Pay no?
                                                                                      We need ATMs for tourists for taxi drivers.

Comment

Need cash for the chuggers and more importantly the buskers .

Comment

Have to say, using cash over here is so much harder than using card.

Bills are split easy.
                                                                                          Tap limit is higher.
                                                                                          Tipping option(its their culture ok) is on the POS machine.

I almost never use cash.

Added bonus of credit card rewards schemes being decent here is another incentive to discard cash.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post

But if he asked people what they wanted they would have said a faster horse!

Comment

Cash is king use it all the time
                                                                                              Amazing how some muppets still think tapping a card is a sign of sophistication. Probably have Jeff bezos bugs installed in their home too.

Comment

It has been mentioned in the past but Japan is pretty interesting.

One of the most technologically advanced countries in the world yet insist on using cash for a much larger proportion of their transactions than most countries.

Conversely, I was pretty surprised how little cash was used in NZ but it's understood as NZ was the first country where EFTPOS was trialled so it's been a part of transactions for longer than most.

Comment

Oh dear The man is Faranged . Take yer tiny flags with you.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                    Cash is king use it all the time
                                                                                                    Amazing how some muppets still think tapping a card is a sign of sophistication. Probably have Jeff bezos bugs installed in their home too.
                                                                                                    Muppets aren't real . Now come on , Come on.

Gwan away with ya .

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                                                      It has been mentioned in the past but Japan is pretty interesting.

One of the most technologically advanced countries in the world yet insist on using cash for a much larger proportion of their transactions than most countries.

Conversely, I was pretty surprised how little cash was used in NZ but it's understood as NZ was the first country where EFTPOS was trialled so it's been a part of transactions for longer than most.
                                                                                                      They seem pretty backwards in a lot of ways, it's an odd country that I must visit.
                                                                                                      I was paying with cash in london recently and they thought I was crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                        Amazing how some muppets still think tapping a card is a sign of sophistication.
                                                                                                        Good LOL at that

Welcome to inside PSV's head where its still 1973

Comment

Cash is king in fairness. When you've a joint account.
                                                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

So there's no paper trail.
                                                                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                              A current court case reminded me of a post I made a few years back so I went searching for it...

This Post. about the murder of Garda Adrian Donohoe.

The present media coverage talks about how 4 people were involved in the raid and how Aaron Brady from Crossmaglen is the only one they caught up with and is currently at trial accused of the murder.
                                                                                                              Aaron Brady is 'reliable and trustworthy' according to Tony McEntee

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                                They seem pretty backwards in a lot of ways, it's an odd country that I must visit.
                                                                                                                I was paying with cash in london recently and they thought I was crazy.
                                                                                                                Contactless limit is $80, I came home to a 30e limit and thought it was an awful pain.

Same, I paid approx $400 for a suit in NZ with cash and the girl behind the counter looked at like me like I was weirdo.

TBF it's mainly Auckland, once you get outside it's not strange, like everything down there, there's Auckland and there's everywhere else.

Comment

...
                                                                                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                    Yeah, almost never use cash ever since contactless payments arrived as the minimum limit dropped to nothing in the shops after that. Even the grannies manning the market stalls have machines or apps now to take payments. Still use loads of cheques though - maybe about five a month. France seems to have an obsession with cheques.

Surely most people get cashback in shops if they really need cash anyway?

Although, and this is maybe a circular issue - but if everyone is using cards then how to shop tills have cash given they are the main cash machines now?
                                                                                                                    How do you pay da hookers?

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                                                                                                                      Aaron Brady is 'reliable and trustworthy' according to Tony McEntee
                                                                                                                      Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                      A current court case reminded me of a post I made a few years back so I went searching for it...

This Post. about the murder of Garda Adrian Donohoe.

The present media coverage talks about how 4 people were involved in the raid and how Aaron Brady from Crossmaglen is the only one they caught up with and is currently at trial accused of the murder.
                                                                                                                      Difficult case for a jury from what I've read so far.

Comment

...
                                                                                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I damaged my card last week and only ordered another one yesterday as I have been using the phone since with no idea it has such a low limit. I did a bit of shopping that I was sure was over that limit a few days back. Just checked online and it was 29.60. Phew, that could have been embarrassing

Opr

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X