Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tricky spot live cash gam

Loose 6 handed cash game round of each
    blinds 1/1 optional straddle(straddle is live and on every hand)

So the standard is pretty poor when its omaha. All 5 other players are pretty loose and calling down with less than optimal holdings. They would see me as tight as I've only showed down twice in plo both times with the nuts.

So I'm the button and see 2 limpers before me for €5 (utg has straddled),
    I look down at KcKs10c10h and raise to 25 folded to the limpers who both call. UTG+1 is playing €550 and UTG+2 is playing €400, I cover.

Flop 10s 3h 7c(pot 82)

Villain 1 bets out 30 Villain 2 calls I raise to 100.
    Villain 1 calls Villain 2 tanks and folds.

Turn Qc (pot 312)

Villain checks I bet 125 Villain calls.

River Qh (pot 562)
    Villain shoves for 300
    is this an obv snap call?
    is he ever bluffing here?
    what range can we assign now?

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
    Loose 6 handed cash game round of each
    blinds 1/1 optional straddle(straddle is live and on every hand)

So the standard is pretty poor when its omaha. All 5 other players are pretty loose and calling down with less than optimal holdings. They would see me as tight as I've only showed down twice in plo both times with the nuts.

So I'm the button and see 2 limpers before me for €5 (utg has straddled),
    I look down at KcKs10c10h and raise to 25 folded to the limpers who both call. UTG+1 is playing €550 and UTG+2 is playing €400, I cover.

Flop 10s 3h 7c(pot 82)

Villain 1 bets out 30 Villain 2 calls I raise to 100.
    Villain 1 calls Villain 2 tanks and folds.

Turn Qc (pot 312)

Villain checks I bet 125 Villain calls.

River Qh (pot 562)
    Villain shoves for 300
    is this an obv snap call?
    is he ever bluffing here?
    what range can we assign now?
    Why is your turn bet so weak?

Comment

I'd have either potted or close to potted this board on turn and river. I guess sigh and call now. I'm not folding.
      Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Originally posted by jackyback View Post
        Why is your turn bet so weak?
        He's c-raised the turn 3 of the last 5 pots he's entered in plo once he showed down middle set both other times he took it down there and then.
        I want my bet to look weak so he shoves.

Comment

Yout flop bet is way too small, theres so many turn cards what change the nuts. Your turn bet is waaaay to small, and your reasoning isn't strong enoguh. If he has a set he's getting it in on turn regrardless of your bet sizing. Your just giving cheap price for draws.

As play I think the river's a fold, he would've reraised by now if he had lower set. So the only hand you beat is a bluff. Which is unlikely imo, generally bad players don't just bluff the river like this when they havent been the aggresor in previous streets and they are first to act. Second to act and you check to em' is a different story though.

edit: Unless he's reallly bad and could be value shoving a Q

Comment

I've played a lot of live PLO.
            I think your bet sizing is good here although I would've potted the flop to punish draws. I put the villain on 2 pair or a st8 draw or some combination of str8 draw+pair etc.
            He cold called on the flop where many weak players would be shoving with sets, so he's fairly weak. . . He's some kind of hand but is gambling.

The turn is basically a brick unless he holds exactly QQ89 which is possible. It's a small part of his range maybe 10% max. You want him to have 2 pair and you want him to draw so the turn bet is good imho.

The river looks like a scare card to him. He's missed all draws except the quad draw so tbh it's an easy call for me.
            Factor in the dynamic that you're tight and may fold, and you get a shove.

Comment

Your bet sizing is really bad

I wouldn't fold river

Comment

Ya, no way am I folding here, although I would certainly have made it at least 150 (if not 200) on the flop, and got it in against him on the turn.

Comment

Working...
                X