Irish Poker Boards
Party Poker Live 200719
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Poker > General Poker

Old Yesterday, 18:56   #58601
dobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strewelpeter View Post
Ah now. As good an all as the Healy Raes are, even they would find it hard to be in Lewis Road at the same time as they're at a fleadh up the country
dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 18:58   #58602
ArmaniJeans
Closed Account

Location: In the heart of Translyvania, in the Vampire Hall of Fame, Yeah
It's a great rule as it takes all the questions/debate about intent etc out of those decisions.
ArmaniJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Thanks From:
Old Yesterday, 19:01   #58603
dobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
It's a great rule as it takes all the questions/debate about intent etc out of those decisions.
Exactly. Just said to a few lads here. You're either enforcing it all to the letter of the law or not with VAR. Do think city should have had a penalty for the arm around a players neck in the first half so can understand Peps frustration
Old Yesterday, 19:35   #58604
Sickpuppy

Talking about the fleadh at it here in drogheda good fun saw a young lad twisted with a can of cider munching on a peeled avocado.
Sickpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old Yesterday, 19:39   #58605
Raoul Duke III
The King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickpuppy View Post
Talking about the fleadh at it here in drogheda good fun saw a young lad twisted with a can of cider munching on a peeled avocado.
Sounds like Denny.
Old Yesterday, 19:50   #58606
Sickpuppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
Sounds like Denny.
Was other lads having a como running into an angel wings hoarding head first last lad got dragged by bouncers much to friends amusement I’m lost
Sickpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 20:36   #58607
CourierCollie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dice75 View Post
Was in a restaurant in Templeogue yesterday evening and half recognised the lad in front of me and its been wrecking my head as to who it was. 24 hours later reading back here I think it has come to me that it could have been CourierCollie??
'way to go with the keen observiness, Jessica Fletcher'. I wouldn't be able to pick you out of a lineup of 2
Old Yesterday, 21:16   #58608
dobby

Did a soccer referee course in FAI HQ today. Very intense but informative. The amount of technicalities in the "laws if the game" is phenomenal. Also the amount of lads who were constantly answering questions with absolute confident certainty and being completely wrong was

All going well, should be able to referee games in 6 weeks. Something I've wanted to do for a while so looking forward to it.
Old Today, 07:51   #58609
PSV58

The comments under brexit articles on daily mail are utterly unhinged, “Eu dictatorship” etc
This was top comment under article today about Whitehall dossier predicting ports chaos, riots , food and medicine shortages
“Scaremongers. What a little inconvenience compared to a life of freedom?”

Found the perfect song to accompany the scenes of chaos when they crash out on future reeling in the years
Old Today, 08:02   #58610
PSV58

Do not get the fuss over the public serves cards. How many of the people kicking up about it post every detail of their lives on Facebook/ use android.
Old Today, 08:35   #58611
Wombatman

Ah.... Hardware. Outstanding movie in it's time.
Old Today, 12:03   #58612
Kayroo
Pedantophile
Tetris Champion, Asteroids Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSV58 View Post
Do not get the fuss over the public serves cards. How many of the people kicking up about it post every detail of their lives on Facebook/ use android.
Do you think the State should be allowed to do whatever it wants without the need to legislate or have any legal basis for their actions?

Separately, the PSC is a direct violation of EU law and part of the reason they didn’t legislate for it is that the Act would be incompatible and therefore void. They can bring in (as they have) a limited use card. But making it a mandatory state ID (which was the aim of the civil service) goes too far.

The classic example is the pension lady. She wanted to draw her pension and they department refused to allow her do so unless she had a PSC. She asked to see the legal basis for that requirement and (obviously) they refused/were unable to do so. Should the State be allowed to deny you services and entitlements to which you have a legal right because they want to force you to do something for which there is no legal basis? The obvious and unarguable answer is no.
Thanks From:
Old Today, 12:15   #58613
Kayroo
Pedantophile
Tetris Champion, Asteroids Champion

Also, as a side note, the PSC debacle may have given us the two stupidest statements from an Irish government since the turn of the century (and that’s really saying something).

1. “The PSC is not mandatory, but it is compulsory” - how’s that for double speak?

2. Regina Doherty absolutely rejects in a tweet on 27 August 2017 that the Department of Social Protection does not collect facial recognition data. She then, in response to a question from Catherine Murphy TD in the Dail Chamber says that the Department has been collecting facial recognition data for years and the PSC is nothing to worry about. She is then asked in a follow up why this contradicts her earlier statement and she blithely says “we collect pictures of people, that’s not biometric data” (Spoiler: it’s one of the literal definitions of biometric data)
Old Today, 12:22   #58614
Lao Lao

Has anybody seen/been affected by a What's App virus/hack recently?

Mrs Lao Lao got a what's app message from her mate saying, "just accidentally sent you an activation code instead of sending it to myself, can you forward it on to me please".

A few seconds later, she got a text with an activation code which she tried to forward to her mate. Once she did it, she started to get loads more texts. She only then copped something wasn't right.

She called her friend who said her what's app had been hacked. Mrs Lao Lao then had some similar what apps message sent out claiming to be from her plus it appeared that somebody had control of her what's app.

She deleted what's app from her phone straight away but whoever had control of her whats app removed her from every group chat she was in and removed everybody else from groups she was admin on. This happened over the course of a few few hours.

She has since been able to reload what's app on her phone and she has full control over it but all messages/photos etc have been lost.

What are the security risks to the phone, if any? internet banking, etc all done on it and anything specific she should be doing to the phone. She is expecting a few important phone calls over the next few days so is reluctant to hand the phone into a repair shop right now.

Phone is an iphone and it's silver if that helps.
Lao Lao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:29   #58615
Raoul Duke III
The King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayroo View Post
Also, as a side note, the PSC debacle may have given us the two stupidest statements from an Irish government since the turn of the century (and that’s really saying something).

1. “The PSC is not mandatory, but it is compulsory” - how’s that for double speak?

2. Regina Doherty absolutely rejects in a tweet on 27 August 2017 that the Department of Social Protection does not collect facial recognition data. She then, in response to a question from Catherine Murphy TD in the Dail Chamber says that the Department has been collecting facial recognition data for years and the PSC is nothing to worry about. She is then asked in a follow up why this contradicts her earlier statement and she blithely says “we collect pictures of people, that’s not biometric data” (Spoiler: it’s one of the literal definitions of biometric data)
Wouldn't even be top 50 Trivial shite.

Are we forgetting the Ahern\Cowen years already?
Old Today, 13:02   #58616
Denny Crane
Undefeated

Recency bias?

Denny Crane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 13:12   #58617
6starpool
Administrator

Why is it not possible for the state to have a compulsory ID card for all government services? It seems like an eminently sensible thing to me. Having loads of separate systems and processes for things is a huge waste of time and money. I get that people have a right to privacy, but if I'm getting stuff from the government from a few different departments and have to get a separate card or whatever for each one, is that not just a massive pain in the hole for everybody?
Old Today, 13:13   #58618
Mellor

On another downward spiral I ended up fixated on "Only you" by Yazoo.
Amazing song, I've probably listened to 20 covers this weekend. I could post my favourite, or the original. But this one here stole the show. Apart from being a fantastic acapella rendition, there's so much going on.
Cheek beard, cheesey winks and unstoppable bonus points for Uncle Fester top jamming in the middle.

Irish Poker Boards > Poker > General Poker