Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread - (Horses Betting Obv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the 7.0 on Manqoosh in the last. Seemed to appreciate a bit of give in the ground in his maiden, potential to be more unexposed than a lot of these in the race. Always like a 3 year old Dubawi in general, they yield a ridiculously profitable return over a very large sample.
    Profit before people.

Comment

Lads expecting decent run with king of breaga today
      Nice 10/1 ew bet

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
        Lads expecting decent run with king of breaga today
        Nice 10/1 ew bet
        Price drifting... out to 14/1, preparing the plunge?

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
          Price drifting... out to 14/1, preparing the plunge?
          Not good sorry about that

Comment

Hoping to go to Leopardstown shortly - if anyone has any fancies for later please throw them up Otherwise I'll revert to my 'bet on the best horse name' tactic.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
              Hoping to go to Leopardstown shortly - if anyone has any fancies for later please throw them up Otherwise I'll revert to my 'bet on the best horse name' tactic.
              Absolutely no info but have a small bet EW on Nimitz in the Apprentice race @ 7.35.

I like the name as I saw a documentary recently that featured the lad I'm assuming he's named afer

Also draw/jockey and tidbit of a chance hopefully.

Drifting like a barge of course...
              Last edited by Dice75; 15-08-19, 16:50.

Comment

Got Red Gerry from a decent source

Comment

Wouldn't be shocked if tonight was the night...
                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Rattling jewel worth an ew bet in curragh 8.10 tomorrow. 20/1, 5 places. Poor race, goes well here and he's down below last winning mark.Lordon jocked up too.

Comment

from Epsom

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                      rLet them go off like the clappers in the Derby pls and Japan to come through and burglarise something.
                      from Royal Ascot

rounders at it again eh.

Japan for the Arc
                      I have quite a few doubles going onto this noble beast now for the Arc at fancy prices. He clearly turns out to have been the best Ballydoyle 3 y/o.

Questions for those who know more than me: is he likely to run in Paris or will they go down the Champion route?

And should I just sit back and see wtf happens
                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                        ^^ I liked Fridtjof Nansen @ 20s in it myself.
                        Great call young man

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                          ^^ I liked Fridtjof Nansen @ 20s in it myself.
                          Dancer!

Comment

Nice one GAB
                            His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Hes no joke that GAB

Comment

from Epsom

from Royal Ascot

I have quite a few doubles going onto this noble beast now for the Arc at fancy prices. He clearly turns out to have been the best Ballydoyle 3 y/o.

Questions for those who know more than me: is he likely to run in Paris or will they go down the Champion route?

And should I just sit back and see wtf happens
                                Very nice. I think they will definitely go. Take the 2nd fav out of the Arc!.
                                What was the 1st leg of the double/s?.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                  Very nice. I think they will definitely go. Take the 2nd fav out of the Arc!.
                                  What was the 1st leg of the double/s?.
                                  They're all small stakes\fancy prices doubles, going onto Japan at a range of 20s down to 12s.

The win would be ~20k from small stakes so yeah, good sweat.

Comment

SPOILER
                                    You put a fucking move on Chan, you son of a bitch.

SPOILER

Some sweat obv NR and your done I assume considering you got fancy prices so that would have to be Ante Post and not NRNB.
                                    You will have to have a voyage on a Cunard line if it wins. Treat the childer to more cheese shops!

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                      SPOILER
                                      You put a fucking move on Chan, you son of a bitch.

SPOILER

Some sweat obv NR and your done I assume considering you got fancy prices so that would have to be Ante Post and not NRNB.
                                      You will have to have a voyage on a Cunard line if it wins. Treat the childer to more cheese shops!
                                      Might have to go over if he runs. My previous experience of doing this (went to the Oaks to see second leg of a 200/1 double) was financially unrewarding but a great experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                        Absolutely no info but have a small bet EW on Nimitz in the Apprentice race @ 7.35.

I like the name as I saw a documentary recently that featured the lad I'm assuming he's named afer

Also draw/jockey and tidbit of a chance hopefully.

Drifting like a barge of course...
                                        Goes again this evening, currently 16/1

Comment

Any tips . I'm watching the Curragh over the shpulder of screaming Ryan Moore fans

Comment

We have a syndicate running a 2yo called One Cool Choice in one of the Forans series maidens in Down Royal this afternoon. She has shown some promise in two outings running on well in to place in a similar race last day. Happily the two in front of her were the ones that b365 were offering 12/1 without
                                            We were hoping that the longer trip and softer ground might work in her favour and while we are still hoping for a good run she has got the worst draw possible and that is sure to inconvenience her to some degree.
                                            She's trading at 13/2 which is as short as I'd want to back her at. Market could go any way, the form horses haven't attracted any much money yet but there is sure to be some unexposed talent amongst the newcomers. McCann's shabras OB (interestingly named) was the only real market mover overnight.
                                            Picked her up as a very cheap purchase with the series of races she's running in as her target, its great to have got this far and whatever happens in this race we're hoping that she's going to improve into a decent type next year.
                                            GL us

Comment

Did well to get up for a place after drifting out to 14s
                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Some proper power battles going on among Mohammed and his former missus it seems

https://www.racingpost.com/profile/h...romissory/form
                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                  Did well to get up for a place after drifting out to 14s

Yeah, very strange outing, as there was so little confidence behind everything bar the fav the further she drifted the more I was getting involved in the EW and without markets.

When they left the parade ring it was warm and sunny and then out of nowhere the sky darkened and rain of biblical proportions started falling. Just after they got to the start there was a massive bolt of lightning and the on course TV went out and we were in the dark until the race started about 10 minutes later. It was only when they came back that we found out that when the thunder clap hit she reared up left him on the ground and ran loose for a few minutes. She broke well but he said she ran flat as if the fright had taken the edge off her and it was only in the straight she picked up and started running for him.
                                                  Happy to be placed and in the circumstances it will probably go down as one that got away from her. Onwards and upwards and we'll probably try for a similar race in a couple of weeks.
                                                  Last edited by Strewelpeter; 31-08-19, 20:56.

Comment

nearly binked today at 20s. Didn't get the greatest run through either...

Comment

Shamad 500 York
                                                      Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Strong ride, shout Pat.
                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Dancer
                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Only bet of the day, nice one Pat.
                                                            Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                                              Shamad 500 York
                                                              Dancer!

Comment

Glad you got on lads. Dont get too heavily involved but was told to have a few quid on Blue Wood in the last in Listowel tomorrow.

Comment

Glad you got on lads. Dont get too heavily involved but was told to have a few quid on Blue Wood in the last in Listowel tomorrow.
                                                                  Fair price tumble tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                    Fair price tumble tonight
                                                                    On @ 16's missed the 20's. Still 13/2 B365

Comment

On @ 16's missed the 20's. Still 13/2 B365
                                                                      I was surprised so many had it priced up so early tbh. Boyles having it up 24 hours in advance. Hopefully be regretting it tomorrow evening

Comment

9/2 on PP
                                                                        GL all

Comment

Anything remotely useful at Laytown?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                            No strong opinions. Melbourne 10 will bag a few.Blacklooks has been unlucky in the last few races but not exactly an original choice.

I've done a small double on Tyrconnell 430 with Sir Ottoman 540

Comment

No strong opinions. Melbourne 10 will bag a few.Blacklooks has been unlucky in the last few races but not exactly an original choice.

Didn’t get to back it but cracking call young man
                                                                              Fair play

Comment

Nicely done!

Comment

Dancer!

Had Tyrconnell picked for an ew double with one that placed in first, wasn't going to back till I saw your bet.

Was on poker party in Kerry National (horrendous after timing if I actually said what bet was), so went again on yours for craic

Didn’t get to back it but cracking call young man
                                                                                  Fair play
                                                                                  Especially when second one drifts like a barge before off!

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                  Future reference from today, id say horses that like being on/near pace from start
                                                                                  Last edited by Guest; 11-09-19, 17:01.

Comment

Nicely done! Big drift as well on ottoman. Cheers Pat!

Comment

Satisfying ..ones I picked myself not tips for a change. At least will pay for a few beers.

Comment

Future reference from today, id say horses that like being on/near pace from start
                                                                                        Last race, confident kid 25/1, front runner, cut from 50's

Why the fuck not

Comment

Lol ta elshambles. Almost tilted with missing out again I gambooled with ya.

Ta ta!

Comment

Last race, confident kid 25/1, front runner, cut from 50's

Why the fuck not
                                                                                            Thought Casement 335 Epsom should have a chance tomorrow. Nice pick with poker party.

On another note cant wait for the NH to start back.. remember Sitch saying he couldn't wait for the flat...has to be one of the worst flat seasons in history.. I couldn't even name some of the classic winners...

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post
                                                                                              Lol ta elshambles. Almost tilted with missing out again I gambooled with ya.

Ta ta!

Was just looking at attheraces pace tab, horse had been cut,dodgy favourite etc

Went off at 7/1

Love a bit why the fuck not now and again
                                                                                              Last edited by Guest; 11-09-19, 17:52.

Comment

Thanks again Pat, on fire the last week!

Comment

nice one Pat!!thanks again

Comment

Jasas Pat, you trying to get my PP account closed?

Comment

One Cool Choice having another run in a maiden at Listowel tomorrow. On a straight line of form she could be seen as the one they have to beat but there are a number in the race that have had one run on different ground and distance and would be expected to come on significantly tomorrow and then there is half the field that are unraced and could be anything.
                                                                                                      Its not a race I'd be punting on unless her price drifted significantly from the 9/2 she is overnight but given that she drifted to 11/1 the last day despite our overconfidence if there was to be some money coming for one or two of the others she might return a similar price.

We had a great day at this meeting seven years ago when Jennies won her bumper and who knows if everything goes her way lightning, of a different sort than we got in the North, could strike again.

Comment

GL Strewel, you've certainly done well finding some of the worst maidens on paper to give her a chance, Elite Legion the one to beat there but looks very weak overall.

Me old pal B A Murphy has Satisfy at a massive price in the fourth, I still haven't figured out what on earth he's doing with his horses but the unpredictability of it all makes them intriguing.
                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by NoRiverRequired View Post
                                                                                                          Rattling jewel worth an ew bet in curragh 8.10 tomorrow. 20/1, 5 places. Poor race, goes well here and he's down below last winning mark.Lordon jocked up too.
                                                                                                          Today was the day apparently. Contemplated having one last cut off her this morning but left it.sigh

Comment

Originally posted by NoRiverRequired View Post
                                                                                                            Today was the day apparently. Contemplated having one last cut off her this morning but left it.sigh
                                                                                                            Was having lunch in pub, saw the name and thought it was strrewels horse because of the jewel. Came on here to congratulate him........doh

Good luck later SP

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                              Was having lunch in pub, saw the name and thought it was strrewels horse because of the jewel. Came on here to congratulate him........doh

Good luck later SP
                                                                                                              It could actually be still running

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                It could actually be still running
                                                                                                                Double doh

Comment

Quite disappointing, just wasn't herself and he let her roll home. Vet found her to be post race abnormal not sure what's wrong, pity as it was a great chance to bag a race like that but there ya go.

Comment

2 for the weekend
                                                                                                                    Current option 6.00 leopardstown
                                                                                                                    Aussie Valentine in the charity race Ruby Walsh is due to ride

Comment

2 for the weekend
                                                                                                                      Nice one, cheers!

Comment

2 for the weekend
                                                                                                                        Dancer!

Comment

2 for the weekend
                                                                                                                          Love you

Money for the curragh tomorrow
                                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X