Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BB folds by mistake before any other action - hand dead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BB folds by mistake before any other action - hand dead?

Self dealt tourney.
    BB doesn't realize he's BB, thinks he's UTG, hasn't posted blind, but dealer doesn't mention it.
    BB folds, but is immediately told he's the BB, and posts the blind, before UTG has acted.

Is the BBs hand dead or can he take the cards back and play the hand?

There's no muck line on the table FWIW.

I think I've seen TDs rule that the hand is live because it was a genuine mistake, and the cards were identifiable (there were no other cards in the muck).

Or is that only done if the mistake was made by the dealer, and if it's a mistake by the player, then the hand is dead always?

Hand live, take cards back

Comment

Ya the hand is live, but in a very disturbed person's mind, it could be some weird angleshoot?

Comment

as long as it doesn't cause action behind then it's live.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
          Ya the hand is live, but in a very disturbed person's mind, it could be some weird angleshoot?
          this has just reminded me of an incident in the IO (i think)
          now my memory may be a bit off, and i heard this 2nd hand (retelling it now as more of an
          anecdote than an example)
          but final table of an event at the irish open (or winter festival) in the Merrion 2002/2003 and ( if i remember the story correctly) Mark Williams, the welsh snooker player, did this exact move. Folded his cards on the big blind, to have them pushed back to him and told he was on the blind, everyone laughed and the action continues. when it get back to mark he shoves, he was short stacked, everyone again laughs when he gets a caller, he flips over pocket kings. He gets knocked out.

Now, don't quote me on the details, my memory is a bit fuzzy and i wasnt in the room at the time, christy smith told me and a few other people in the cash area downstairs.

but (if it was true) it goes to show that some people will find an angle to shoot at in everything.

Comment

Working...
          X