Reasonably Std FT Spot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reasonably Std FT Spot.

At the time I played this hand I put 0 thought into it and just snap got it in which is pretty std. Although looking back over it that doesn't seem very good..

It's only around 2 orbits into the FT. The BB in this hand is a reg for sure. Don't have many hands on him but I have seen the name before. I would presume an English reg from his name if that makes a difference. He's been opening majority of hands because everybody on his left is V. tight.

He was on a different table to me before the FT started and pretty much won 80% of the hands. He was playing very good IMO. He seemed to 3bet a lot in position and from the SB. I don't remember noticing him fold a BB. Seemed to just defend the vast majority of the time.

Don't really know how he would view me. I was really aggro before the FT started when we were playing from 5-3 handed if he was watching my table.

There's 1 other half decent player on the FT but he was shortest. The rest were all ridiculously nitty. So we could probably sit out here and finish 3rd at worst.

The payouts are as follows
    1st 3557
    2nd 2482
    3rd 1859
    4th 1293
    5th 970
    6th 647

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 50 Tournament, 4,000/8,000 Blinds 1,000 Ante (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com

SB (t180,949)
    BB (t1,039,658)
    UTG (t427,952)
    MP (t130,104)
    CO (t135,847)
    Hero (Button) (t675,490)

Hero's M: 37.53

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q, Q
    3 folds, Hero raises to t16,000, 1 fold, BB raises to t48,000, [color=#CC3333]Hero

Is 4 bet calling really ok here? I'm starting to think it's pretty terrible actually...

Considering currently ICM wise our stack is worth 2310 it's got to be a massive disaster to get it in flipping etc.
    Last edited by GaryT; 15-04-14, 03:07.

At this stage of ft, with stacks as they are I prefer a pot control/small ball approach - so not thinking of 4bet/c, but rather just call in position here and review on flop.

I'd like to lose at least two of the short stacks before I went back to my 'normal' game again.

Comment

100% just a call here and evaluate, even if he has air and gets you away on flop turn so be it. Stacks are 2 short towards your 2 stacks, definitely no need to 4 bet get it in here, I'm guessing by the OP you did 4bet get it in? No need until at least 2 have busted
      take sweets from strangers, lose everything!

Comment

If your afraid to get it in here against the most aggressive player at the table im confused.

He is 3 betting liberally you said in position and from the sb.
        4 bet calling is much better than 4 bet folding its 6handed.

The guy obv 5bet shoved and beat you in the hand.
        Im guessing as table chippie and chief aggressor at table the guy 5bet shoves lots of junk too.

Comment

Considering that villain should be 3betting a pretty wide range here, flatting is by far the best choice so to keep all the rubbish in his range in the hand and extract value postflop.
          If you 4bet a good player shouldn't 5bet jam too frequently because even though he put max pressure on you in this single spot, he risk to blow up his stack/edge unnecessarily when he can chip up uncontested on a lot of other spots given the stacks at the table and related ICM implications. Is not like because he is CL he has got to win every single pot.
          Obviously if you think he would frequently spew off with marginal hands like Ax, etc just 4bet/call and hope to hold.
          "Poker isn’t about default strategies, it’s about exploiting your opponent's bad tendencies"

Comment

I was never considering anything that involved folding ever. Pretty much 4bet/call or just call and get it in at some stage post.

Just after looking at it again I thought 4bet/call was pretty terrible. With ICM and how often he defends his BB instead of 3betting. Just wanted to check if I was along the right lines here.

Comment

Originally posted by Fearbocht View Post
              If your afraid to get it in here against the most aggressive player at the table im confused.

He is 3 betting liberally you said in position and from the sb.
              4 bet calling is much better than 4 bet folding its 6handed.

The guy obv 5bet shoved and beat you in the hand.
              Im guessing as table chippie and chief aggressor at table the guy 5bet shoves lots of junk too.
              Any other stage of the tourney yes, but ICM wise, no imo
              take sweets from strangers, lose everything!

Comment

Working...
              X