Hand log for bohsman stakes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will you answer the question so?

How did you have reads considering it was the first hand of the tournament?

Also, even most of his bluffs beat you there with the four diamonds. Don't be afraid of folding!

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
      Will you answer the question so?

How did you have reads considering it was the first hand of the tournament?

Also, even most of his bluffs beat you there with the four diamonds. Don't be afraid of folding!
      I obviously have no reads so. I dont know why I posted saying that. It was a terrible play on my part, and I am taking criticism on the chin and my play is improving. I just need to keep at it. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mahony92 View Post
        I obviously have no reads so. I dont know why I posted saying that. It was a terrible play on my part, and I am taking criticism on the chin and my play is improving. I just need to keep at it. Thanks.
        Now that the hand is over, what hands can you put him on that would play this way that you beat? Think it's something you need to spend a lot more time on. Trying to put your opponent on a range of hands rather than just thinking about your own hand

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
          Now that the hand is over, what hands can you put him on that would play this way that you beat? Think it's something you need to spend a lot more time on. Trying to put your opponent on a range of hands rather than just thinking about your own hand
          The re-raise preflop indicated something pretty strong and the lead-out on the flop I should have smelled danger. Dont know what was going through my head at the time.

Comment

Is that hand from an STT or MTT?

Comment

If poker was as easy as some people made it out to be, we'd all be millionaires.

Why would you worry if some people think you played a hand badly? Just take the criticism and move on, but ignoring bad hands, or ignoring the criticism is terrible, and I mean terrible for your game. If you're using the staking as a chance to learn the game, you will have to open up and let people tear things you do apart, its all constructive, nobody is trying to turn you into a losing player by saying "Fold flop, fold turn, fold everywhere actually, this is really bad!", in fact they're trying to turn you into a winning player, and ignoring good help is an awful way to start learning.

Posting hands where you aren't sure you made a right move should always be a priority. Every so often, post hands that you thought you made the right move, but it didn't pay off, its good to have someone say "UL, but you played it right", reinforcing the good parts of your game while criticising the bad parts are essential ways of learning.

With regards to the staking thing, I see it as a small business on Dragon's Den. You go in, ask for funding, and the Dragons (bohsman; the money, and the rest of the forum; the advice) have agreed to give you a shot.

One thing you wouldn't do, is to take the money, and start a different business (Playing HU SnGs) or take the money and gamble it away without listening to anything that they had to say.

Staking, in the setup you currently have, can improve your game tenfold in a very very small period of time, if you give it a chance, and detach emotionally from the games, the criticisms and the feedback, but at the same time, use each of them as a lesson.

Comment

Well said Emmet, do much public speaking???
                Trying to not cause trouble since 1983

Comment

Only to people who listen.

So not very often!

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                    If poker was as easy as some people made it out to be, we'd all be millionaires.

Why would you worry if some people think you played a hand badly? Just take the criticism and move on, but ignoring bad hands, or ignoring the criticism is terrible, and I mean terrible for your game. If you're using the staking as a chance to learn the game, you will have to open up and let people tear things you do apart, its all constructive, nobody is trying to turn you into a losing player by saying "Fold flop, fold turn, fold everywhere actually, this is really bad!", in fact they're trying to turn you into a winning player, and ignoring good help is an awful way to start learning.

Posting hands where you aren't sure you made a right move should always be a priority. Every so often, post hands that you thought you made the right move, but it didn't pay off, its good to have someone say "UL, but you played it right", reinforcing the good parts of your game while criticising the bad parts are essential ways of learning.

With regards to the staking thing, I see it as a small business on Dragon's Den. You go in, ask for funding, and the Dragons (bohsman; the money, and the rest of the forum; the advice) have agreed to give you a shot.

One thing you wouldn't do, is to take the money, and start a different business (Playing HU SnGs) or take the money and gamble it away without listening to anything that they had to say.

Staking, in the setup you currently have, can improve your game tenfold in a very very small period of time, if you give it a chance, and detach emotionally from the games, the criticisms and the feedback, but at the same time, use each of them as a lesson.
                    Very good post, Thanks. I do listen and have tried my best to listen to people on here. The one thing I dislike is being called awful and being told seeing my HH is cringe worthy etc. I will take criticism as long as its constructive which most is. I played the Sng HU out of my own money Emmet. Im playing 5 180 men for bohsman and 5 90 man. @ Bohsman. Im playing the last five of these tonight. Been up the walls with college and posting this from library so will hit the table as soon as I get home.

Comment

Working...
                    X