• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does anyone play at 888 poker?

Hello,
    does anyone play at 888?
    i saw they have a new site... 888poker.ie
    wondering if anyone has tried it out or know anything about their software...
    suggestions?
    thanks !

Just surfing poker sites were ya?

Software is pretty bad.

Comment

Used to play on it, and thinking of coming back for the soft field it has, so here's the things I found about it:

Pros:
      Soft field
      Good support
      Decent software
      Some nice tourneys

Cons:

A lot of idiots in chat
      Tourney traffic is quiet low,thus ITM may start only at the final table sometimes.
      I found the preflop betting slider/buttons weird since they don't offer amount of BBs just 1/2 pot 3/4 pot even preflop, but you'll get used to it.
      Bonus/VIP points take tooooo long to accumulate, i think it's due to their small rakeback that they take.This makes bonus grinding close to impossible.
      Online store is quiet expensive. Last time i checked for their plastic cards set it was 1200 points I think, which is $600 in rake..... enough said
      Bonus points to cash conversion is very steep as well.
      Very few tournaments have satellites which is a bummer IMO, cause I love the soft field in them saving me a full buy-in.

If your starting playing online poker, this is the site to go. Once you get the grips I would suggest moving on to something more bonus/rakeback friendly.

Comment

Pippa O'Connor plays on 888.

Shirley that's why she is on the ads on Dublin bus yeah?
        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Its not the worst site,keep meaning to start playing on it again.

www.irishkop.com Twitter = @Irish_Kop Facebook = Irishkop.com

Comment

hey
            Thanks for the great input... ibimon I agree with what you said about the idiots on the chat. haha I played in a bit of tourneys and also they have a winter promotion which is nice.. I am going to continue playing because despite the idiots I feel there are more people playing on my level... not like fulltilt..
            I figure when I get good enough and I think my chances are better ill move to a site that has more pro players..

p.s
            Its awesome that pippa plays poker.. encourages the rest of us ladies

Comment

Right now I'm just playing online poker at FTP, but I might be thinking of starting at 888 as well.
              Visit my Free Online Poker Strategy Blog

Comment

888.es is super soft but cannt run at the same time with 888.com
                if you play low stakes better play on 888.es
                Buy and Sell bitcoin in Ireland with Bitireland Broker Ltd.
                www.bitireland.ie

Comment

Can you claim the €8 free on 888.es or 888poker.ie if you're already on 888.com?

Comment

Originally posted by Kate poker queen View Post
                    p.s
                    Its awesome that pippa plays poker.. encourages the rest of us ladies
                    Wouldn't it be better if 888 actually promoted Irish women who are actually successful/good at poker?
                    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by seanabc View Post
                      Can you claim the €8 free on 888.es or 888poker.ie if you're already on 888.com?
                      You're better off getting a decent rakeback deal if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                        You're better off getting a decent rakeback deal if possible.
                        Probably not at the level I play at!

Comment

If I open up 888Poker it disconnects all other poker sites I have open for about 30 secs. Does it do this for anyone else?

Comment

Working...
                          X