• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
    Decent shot from Williams

One of theee shots

Comment

Originally posted by TM2204 View Post
      Barry is a 100% class act... win, lose or draw
      He's too nice. Lacks the killer instinct of a moralless scumbag like Higgins.
      Profit before people.

Comment

...I know they seem to mention it every year...But there are so empty seats are there for this first session...It's shocking...They defintely need to fix it somehow...

Comment

Couple of ballsy shots in that frame. Definitely had the maximum in his mind.

Comment

The absolute buzzing delight in both players kids when they are announced is very heart warming.
            David Haye let me down on a 5 leg accum for 1300+ which Williams(3/1 during tournament) would have been the last leg of. Why did I stick stupid Hay in there and at 2/5 aswell ffs!.

Comment

Layed out of Williams outright bet after previous session. Higgins now a far bigger winner for me so funking this comeback hard.

SPOILER
              Profit before people.

Comment

Dafasnooker reporters Emma Maflin and Curtis Braithwaite catch up with Dominic Dale after his victory in the World Open's qualifiers

Dale thinking of hanging up the cue.

Comment

Interesting guy. Someone following him around for 6 months would make a great documentary.

Comment

Yeah hes a bit of a historian and collector of the game too. But he contradicts himself a bit. Strange but interesting character. Certainly does his own thing his own way. Lives in Vienna for many years so hard to get any sort of practice partners.

Just like Kurt Maflin in Norway but hes playing pretty decent and a big break builder. Actually I think Maflin is putting in the practice and will put it together and go very deep in a tournament this season.

Comment

Backed Lawlor+1.5 as he's not playing badly either. First to 4.
                      Last edited by rounders123; 27-07-18, 06:38.

Comment

Just how much of a legend is Fergal. 4-0 down best of 9 today in China.
                        SPOILER

Comment

They are harvesting them from primary school these days.
                          SPOILER

Comment

13yo prodigy

Comment

Just watching the snooker there Ronnie at 3-2 down to Lou. Bit naughty by Ronnie but he doesn't seem to afford the Asians with the same respect as the whites. Hard to imagine him not noticing that foul.

Comment

Not sure about the race thing tbh... I think he has equal contempt for anyone outside the top 16.
                                I really don't see him as a guy that wouldn't call that on himself if he felt it. I think pulling back rest and cue together while watching the object ball you could conceivably not feel a brush like that. It's a bit sour though.

Comment

Just incase people didn't see it

and Ronnie's reaction

It seems unlikely that you wouldn't notice it, but if he was fully focused on lifting the rest up before the cueball hit it, then maybe..

I just find it hard to believe that Ronnie would try and benefit from it, regardless of who it is against. It's not like he left anything on, and he still has a really tough brown. He has enough blots on his character, but i seriously doubt he'd want the suggestion of being a cheat anywhere near him.

Comment

Support from the vocal pros on Twitter. Just waiting for Judd Trump to come on and say he cheated

Comment

Hard not to notice the physical feedback from cue hitting ball, like a push shot jarring you know straightaway. Also tough to imagine he wouldn't call it on himself tho, maybe just a question of focusing on where white was travelling
                                      Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                      https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

He's right about the commentator being allowed to step in. There was an incident last year where someone was trying a 2 cushion escape to bring the white back up and it shaved the corner of a red. No one saw it but Ronnie in commentary and the message was passed to the referee and the foul withdrawn.

Comment

Here it is:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Ah yeah Ronnie is a good sport for that type of thing. I'd now say he honestly didn't feel it because he was tracking the cue ball and taking the rest away. It's just Ronnie is more aware than most. The live audience noise etc would make it harder to realise I'd say.

Comment

When a snooker player, amateur or pro, moves a snooker ball by a few inches, he 100% knows that he hit it. I dont care what excuse he gives, its impossible not to feel that connection.

Connie147
                                              https://twitter.com/MacauSporting
                                              https://www.facebook.com/Macau-Sport...F6ntdyItUsAp7E
                                              https://www.macausportingclub.com/

Comment

UK Seniors Championship in Hull best of 5 tonite I make Leo Fernandez a reasonable fav to beat Hendry but they have Hendry as the fav. Fernandez beat Parrott 3-1 already and meets Hendry whos first game it is.
                                                8pm

Comment

Comment

Kurt Maflin to beat Zhang Anda tonite 19:30
                                                    6/5 or better.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                      Kurt Maflin to beat Zhang Anda tonite 19:30
                                                      6/5 or better.
                                                      Winner alright.

Mark Selby knocked out in first round by an amateur.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                        Winner alright.

Mark Selby knocked out in first round by an amateur.
                                                        Was watching that on the Eurosport player I got for a tenner for a 12mth sub on black Friday. The Android app works excellent on the box. Cahill was really getting the rub of the green early from what I seen but potted well too. Selby is really descending into run of the mill, like a horse that's just had too much racing. Shaun Murphy beaten to, continuing his own slide down the rankings.

Comment

Yu Delu and Cao Yupeng banned for 17 years for match fixing.

Comment

Going with Kurt Maflin again, this time to beat Anthony Hamilton in the Scottish Open Tues 2pm. Kurt to have too much fire power for the Sheriff of Pottingham.

Edit: The cash cow came up short today.
                                                            Last edited by rounders123; 11-12-18, 18:52.

Comment

Mark Allen not a happy camper today

Comment

2019 World Championship Last 16 bracket.

Williams v Gilbert.
                                                                Hawkins v Wilson.
                                                                ----
                                                                Higgins v Bingham.
                                                                Murphy v Robertson.

-----------------

Selby v Brecel
                                                                Liswoski v Allen
                                                                -----
                                                                Trump v Ding
                                                                Maguire v O'Sullivan

Bottom half looks tasty.
                                                                Everyone will have to play a qualifier in the first round to get to the above bracket though.

Heres the qualifier draw, 5 or 6 Irish in there but have to win three best of 19s games so it's tough.

Ken is in block 53-56. Fergal O'Brien in 41-44 and could face Rod Lawler in his second game. That would be one for the purists.

Find your own favourites.

Comment

Looking forward to watching the Qualifiers in Eurosport Player, often as tense as the main. A lot on the line, heartbreak hotel.
                                                                  Robertson is granite recently. I reckon this could be the year of Judd.

Comment

Good write-up on the each of the 16 qualifying brackets here.

Comment

http://www.snookerbacker.com/2019/04...tion-crucible/
                                                                      Shhhhhhhhhhh, don't give it all away before i get the best prices.

Already missed Ford at 12/1 and got him at 10/1 last night. Been following snookerbacker for a good few years now. He is heavily involved in the snooker scene, knows a lot of players, and is as well informed on the game as anyone else.

Comment

http://www.snookerbacker.com/2019/04...tion-crucible/
                                                                        Kosher breakdown. Hossein Vafaei is a model at the moment, cant see beyond him.
                                                                        Kurt Maflin making noises at the moment also so would fancy him to progress too.

Comment

Good to see Michael Judge edge a 10-9 win against Peter Lines. The only outsider to win so far (although James Cahill looking like he will get there too)

Didn't expect Joe Swail to get stuff 10-1.

Other Irish interest sees 17-year-old Aaron Hill leading Gerard Greene 5-4.

Fergal and Ken left to come, along with Russ Bulman who meets Jimmy White.

Would be nice for a couple of them to give us a qualifying sweat.

Comment

p.s. @AJ

If you want to write me a piece or 2 around the qualifying (would be time sensitive though), and the tournament itself, then fire away some ideas

Comment

Judge beat Lines at 3 am, which knocks him off the tour..Grim stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                p.s. @AJ

If you want to write me a piece or 2 around the qualifying (would be time sensitive though), and the tournament itself, then fire away some ideas
                                                                                I was planning on doing the in-depth tournament preview over the weekend (and leaving space to edit as appropriate for when the final draw is done).

Qualifiers are a bit complicated though as they are already in progress so not sure how useful I can be. I'm not even getting a chance to watch them.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                  Judge beat Lines at 3 am, which knocks him off the tour..Grim stuff!
                                                                                  Yeah i noticed it was something like 6-7 in frames long after every other game was finished, so guessed it was a late one. Only 3 breaks over 50 sounds like grim stuff!

Comment

Judgement Day.

Tian Pengfei v Matthew Stevens
                                                                                    Gary Wilson v Liang Wenbo
                                                                                    Luo Honghao v Tom Ford
                                                                                    Robert Milkins v Anthony McGill
                                                                                    Graeme Dott v Kurt Maflin
                                                                                    Li Hang v Ben Woollaston
                                                                                    Daniel Wells v Martin Gould
                                                                                    Michael Georgiou v Yan Bingtao
                                                                                    Ali Carter v John Astley
                                                                                    Eden Sharav v Zhou Yuelong
                                                                                    Mark Davis v Lyu Haotian
                                                                                    Thepchaiya Un-Nooh v Joe O'Connor
                                                                                    Michael Judge v James Cahill
                                                                                    Lu Ning v Scott Donaldson
                                                                                    Matthew Selt v Zhao Xintong
                                                                                    Martin O'Donnell v Joe Perry

Final qualifiers are live-streamed here.
                                                                                    SUBSCRIBE for the biggest and best videos from the only official World Snooker channel on YouTubeWebsite: www.worldsnooker.comTwitter: @WorldSnooker1Facebook...

They seem to be just moving from table to table every 3 minutes so it's a bit 'different'.

Comment

Had a few wins on this, so things going according to plan at small prices. Been tricky to find much value in games.

Some of the bigger punts hitting the crossbar. Had a 20 man acca at 180/1 and Ursenbacker and Fu let me down.

Ricky Walden somehow lost the last 3 frames to let down a 10 man acca last night.

Backed Daniel Wells today at 2/1. Think it's a pretty big price v Gould considering how he's playing so far.

Wells/Wenbo/McGill/Ford at 15/1 for the mug punt, but a couple of them can go either way so it's only for a bit of a sweat!

Comment

Mark Williams (defending champion) v Martin Gould
                                                                                        David Gilbert v Joe Perry
                                                                                        Barry Hawkins v Li Hang
                                                                                        Kyren Wilson v Scott Donaldson
                                                                                        John Higgins (last year's runner-up) v Mark Davis (oldest player at 46 years old)
                                                                                        Stuart Bingham v Graeme Dott
                                                                                        Shaun Murphy v Luo Honghao (youngest player at 19 years old)
                                                                                        Neil Robertson v Michael Georgiou

Bottom half:

Mark Selby v Zhao Xintong
                                                                                        Luca Brecel v Gary Wilson
                                                                                        Jack Lisowski v Ali Carter
                                                                                        Mark Allen v Zhou Yuelong
                                                                                        Judd Trump v Thepchaiya Un-Nooh
                                                                                        Ding Junhui v Anthony McGill
                                                                                        Stephen Maguire v Tian Pengfei
                                                                                        Ronnie O'Sullivan v James Cahill (amateur)

David Gilbert seems to have got the worst of it as Joe Perry is the highest rated qualifier. Dott a difficult opener for Bingham.
                                                                                        Trump v Uh-Nooh the stand-out tie I think.

Comment

Mark Williams (defending champion) v Martin Gould
                                                                                          David Gilbert v Joe Perry
                                                                                          Barry Hawkins v Li Hang
                                                                                          Kyren Wilson v Scott Donaldson

Mark Selby v Zhao Xintong
                                                                                          Luca Brecel v Gary Wilson
                                                                                          Jack Lisowski v Ali Carter
                                                                                          Mark Allen v Zhou Yuelong

I think everyone in 1st quarter, and the 3rd quarter would quite fancy their chances of making the semis if things go their way (even some qualifiers) The other 2 quarters are far tougher to come through.

Comment

Selby all over the place here. Hope he can turn things around cos I always enjoyed watching him but hes getting well beaten here.

Comment

Cahill full value for his lead. Unlucky to only be 5-4 up imo.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                Cahill full value for his lead. Unlucky to only be 5-4 up imo.
                                                                                                Ronnie is playing equally as bad this morning. Started off well with a 97 to go 5-5, and then had a 48 in the next, but Cahill nicked it, and the next 2 despite making quite a few errors himself. Ronnie completely out of sorts and will need to really pick it up to get back from 8-5 down.

Comment

Digging it out isn't really his speciality

Comment

Holy snooker, how did Ronnie miss that pink.
                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                      Digging it out isn't really his speciality
                                                                                                      Rollercoaster of a 17th frame. Ronnie clears up there 99/100 times. Fair play to Cahill for holding it together for pink and black. Exciting stuff!

Comment

And gone. Wow.

Comment

Some nerve from the kid to hold out.

Looked like Ronnie was having a bad mental health day. Even when he was back level there was a serious amount of face rubbing and anguish going on.
                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Hmmmm Judd Trump 6-3 down after the 1st session. Robertson, Ding and Allen loving what's happening in the bottom half of the draw today!

Comment

Scenes here.
                                                                                                              Stuart Bingham 8-1 on Dott after Session 1, now 9-7.
                                                                                                              Bingham managed to lose a frame on the 3 miss rule.

Mark Allen 5-0 down as the purge of the lower half continues.

Comment

Ridiculous day of snooker.

Ronnie loses
                                                                                                                Trump 6-3 down
                                                                                                                Allen 7-2 down
                                                                                                                Bingham almost blows it

As unpredicatable a day as i've ever seen.

Love it!

Comment

Robertson is the biggest cert in this event for years and years. A bank job if ever there was one

Comment

Originally posted by limpwhacker
                                                                                                                    Not so sure about that now that Trump squeezed through
                                                                                                                    Robertson vs Selby final. Can’t see anyone even threatening Robbo in this

Comment

Originally posted by limpwhacker
                                                                                                                      Not so sure about that now that Trump squeezed through
                                                                                                                      Trump was awful. If Un-Nooh had taken even half the chances he had today, Trump would not have won 7 frames.

Comment

Mark Allen was 9-2 down. Back to 9-7 now. Squeaky bum time!

This World Champs is delivering in terms of excitement.

Comment

Maguire will slaughter Cahill. Beat Ronnie at 20% with a top break of 80 odd. Be surprised if he gets 6

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X