Irish Poker Boards
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Poker > General Poker

Old 08-11-18, 23:04   #44441
Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
Looking forward to Overlord.
Saw it at the IFI over the bank holiday weekend. Really liked the first half. Gets pretty silly in the 2nd half, and I normally like a bit of silly
Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 08-11-18, 23:22   #44442
bp_me

@Denny..

So it sounds like you are there long enough to be permanent but never managed to get a formal contract?

I suppose you could tell them you will be happy to take their money in court after their unfair/unlawful dismissal and see how it goes*

* N.b. YMMV and confrontational is not always the best action. Proper advice would be speak to a solicitor working in employment law asap!
Old 08-11-18, 23:25   #44443
ArmaniJeans
Closed Account

Location: In the heart of Transylvania, in the Vampire Hall of Fame Yeah.
The Apprentice (no spoilers).
I think the problem is that the prize isn't particularly great - £250K investment and to get it you have to spent around 6 realtime weeks living in a glorified hostel taking part in frankly ridiculously tasks. Presumably anyone with a really solid business plan would find far easier ways of getting their investment.

So you end up with a load of chancers who have enough spare time to do it, armed with a load of mediocre business plans. And maybe one or two somewhat decent plans in there that Sugar decides at an early stage are going to be protected in the boardroom so as to get them to the final. Like Inventor Tom a few years ago.
ArmaniJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Thanks From:
Old 09-11-18, 00:16   #44444
V for Vendetta
Shameless

Denny I think itís fair to say most people on here donít understand the nature of your role. Employment law isnít going to do much for you as your salary is such a small part of the equation as I understand it and you need access to capital and the right technology setup to make money.

The bottom line on this is leverage. You make money and they make money. They obviously think in aggregate they can make the same money by spending their capital with others on the new deal, or else they are chancing their arm thinking youíre not going to fuck off and any concession you make is simple upside for them. One way or the other you need to get yourself a viable alternative option. The fucking around with your previously agreed bonus structure is quite a red flag.
Old 09-11-18, 00:54   #44445
mdoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lao Lao View Post
Well, the initial 11 month spin up could be possible to do with reasonable BR management but yeah, fair point, well made.
Sorry this one was on me, I fucked up with the whole dates completely!! Been a bit out of it the past week but every October should be November and vice versa.

Should read 23rd October first deposit, and everything else should read November.
Has been 2-3 weeks of madness. If/when I get to 100k I will post a graph from data, only 100k by year end
Old 09-11-18, 08:58   #44446
Dice75
Bringing the Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
Whats heroic about losing yer bollix ?
Jeez chucking a couple hundo at an account is hardly losing yer bollix. Capes are no good jumping 2 feet off the ground.

Welcome to middle age there SP.

2018 Live Irish Poker Rankings

Dice75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-18, 09:22   #44447
ArmaniJeans
Closed Account

Location: In the heart of Transylvania, in the Vampire Hall of Fame Yeah.
The RoryCowan and Twink falling out shows no sign of easing up, as she gets thrown out of his Mams funeral.

http://goss.ie/featured/rory-cowan-o...ntation-156744

This is Ireland's Tupac/Biggie story imo.
ArmaniJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Thanks From:
Old 09-11-18, 09:23   #44448
Hitchhiker's Guide To...
Duncan F*****g Stewart

Was thinking last night what V just said, but knew he'd come in and put it far better
Hitchhiker's Guide To... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-18, 09:33   #44449
DeadParrot
Grand High Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatNav View Post
Netflix on the Q box excellent. In bed watching Netflix on my mini box using sky remote to pause. Instead of arsing on phone. Right job!

Sky boxsets all built in with it. 16 quid a month. Obv free for me. But a great deal. Works out Sky boxsets 6 euro a month 30 day contract.

Sky tbf might be pricey but such a great product.
JDPTV would disagree
DeadParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-18, 11:01   #44450
5starpool
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadParrot View Post
JDPTV would disagree
Why would it do that?
Old 09-11-18, 11:15   #44451
DeadParrot
Grand High Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5starpool View Post
Why would it do that?
nevermind, I read it wrong.

tbh, most providers have been including netflix for years at this stage
Old 09-11-18, 11:16   #44452
DeadParrot
Grand High Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
Looking forward to Overlord.

Also, the Sabrina reboot on Netflix is surprisingly good.
this guardian review for the movie is just soooo guardian it's painful
https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...cond-world-war

I was pleasantly surprised as well with Sabrina...was really good
Thanks From:
Old 09-11-18, 11:55   #44453
Mike Bullocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dice75 View Post
Jeez chucking a couple hundo at an account is hardly losing yer bollix. Capes are no good jumping 2 feet off the ground.

Welcome to middle age there SP.
Damn that cuts. And me due a passport change and all. I take it aback so. He IS a hero.
Mike Bullocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-18, 12:22   #44454
Ed

Quote:
this guardian review for the movie is just soooo guardian it's painful
https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...cond-world-war

I was pleasantly surprised as well with Sabrina...was really good
The review's pretty cringe-worthy alright. I dislike him as a reviewer in general but there's a real "maybe I can go viral" feel to it.

It's not an amazing movie by any stretch but there's definitely some enjoyable points in it
Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-18, 12:26   #44455
Flushdraw
The Gamesmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
The Apprentice (no spoilers).
I think the problem is that the prize isn't particularly great - £250K investment and to get it you have to spent around 6 realtime weeks living in a glorified hostel taking part in frankly ridiculously tasks. Presumably anyone with a really solid business plan would find far easier ways of getting their investment.

So you end up with a load of chancers who have enough spare time to do it, armed with a load of mediocre business plans. And maybe one or two somewhat decent plans in there that Sugar decides at an early stage are going to be protected in the boardroom so as to get them to the final. Like Inventor Tom a few years ago.
He's already done that this season when he didn't agree with the project manager's selections, and made some changes.
Flushdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-18, 13:45   #44456
MrsFlushdraw
5 Star Mammy

I must be the unluckiest person out there. All went great (so I thought yesterday) but last night I came out in the worst allergic rash I have ever encountered.

Had to go to the Medical Imaging Department this morning before a meeting at 8.30. The horrified look on the two Doctors faces said it all. Said I had a severe allergic reaction to the Contrast solution.

Had to go back after my meeting, which finished at 10.30, they took me straight to A&E. Had me hooked up to an IV with piriton, steroids and a flush and out the door for 11.15. The little one finished school early today, so I managed to avoid a few days in the hospital to do it and have oral meds for the rest of the week.

Said it was the most severe reaction they had seen. I think to have a CT last week and then again on Thursday was just too much for me!

My body was burning from the inside out. I was in some mess and still am.
MrsFlushdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-18, 14:31   #44457
DeadParrot
Grand High Wizard

Hope all improves MrsFD, I was only talking about that contrast stuff (and the need to wee feeling) to the missus after reading your post yesterday.

Sounds like it was a quick ordeal at least!
Old 09-11-18, 15:30   #44458
MrsFlushdraw
5 Star Mammy

Quote:
Hope all improves MrsFD, I was only talking about that contrast stuff (and the need to wee feeling) to the missus after reading your post yesterday.

Sounds like it was a quick ordeal at least!
I can't think straight right now. The pain from inside the body and the itching is driving me to distraction!
I was very impressed with the speed they sorted me out. No going to wait, no triage, just bam, cannula, meds, sorted!

I was not a great advert for Medical Imaging, sitting outside in the waiting area while the Dr I seen at 8am was out someplace! I made sure I didn't say what was wrong in front of anyone, didn't want to scare them off lol
MrsFlushdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 09-11-18, 16:23   #44459
Mike Bullocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
I can't think straight right now. The pain from inside the body and the itching is driving me to distraction!
I was very impressed with the speed they sorted me out. No going to wait, no triage, just bam, cannula, meds, sorted!

I was not a great advert for Medical Imaging, sitting outside in the waiting area while the Dr I seen at 8am was out someplace! I made sure I didn't say what was wrong in front of anyone, didn't want to scare them off lol
That's shite Gill. Thanks for the reality check I will not moan about my minor injuries for a wee while .
Mike Bullocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 09-11-18, 16:28   #44460
Elshambles
Wierdo

You know the world is fucked when Iceland get to play the good guys

Irish Poker Boards > Poker > General Poker