$109 facing a 3bet vs Gboro780

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$109 facing a 3bet vs Gboro780

Poker Stars $100+$9 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t50/t100 Blinds - 9 players
    The Official 2+2 Hand Converter Powered By DeucesCracked.com

UTG: t6465 64.65 BBs
    UTG+1: t3411 34.11 BBs
    UTG+2: t1214 12.14 BBs
    MP1: t3776 37.76 BBs
    MP2: t742 7.42 BBs
    CO: t5166 51.66 BBs
    BTN: t5069 50.69 BBs
    SB: t7415 74.15 BBs
    Hero (BB): t5752 57.52 BBs

Pre Flop: (t150) Hero is BB with As Qh
    3 folds, MP1 raises to t300, 1 fold, CO calls t300, 1 fold, SB raises to t760

the original raiser has been active enough raising a bunch of pots and the flatter cold 4bet/called AKoff earlier,

Gboro780 has been quite so far, tripling up in a limped pot with a flopped straight vs two guys with two pair

What line would you take?

also if Gboro doesn't 3bet and folds what should our line be then?

thanks
    http://drjff.blogspot.com/

think i fold here with 2 players to act behind, if one of them shoves gboro is deffinetly calling and you can't feel to good about AQ then.
    deffinetly don't like shipping over gboro either

if gboro was to fold ithink i just flat

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

on the assumption he is prob multitabling then I don't think he's raising that little OOP with much we beat. i assume he set mines with most of the hands we can make him fold

that aside it seems a great spot to push.

if he folds i am undecided on the merits of raise or flat. flat seems a little like a wasted opportunity. raise and we're in trouble if reraised or we miss.

Comment

I don't like to 4bet with AQ here, obviously don't like flatting OOP with the OR and a flat caller behind. I fold

Comment

is this a rebuy?

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
            is this a rebuy?
            no freezeout

Comment

I dont see whats wrong with 4bet folding if your image is solid

or just folding.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                is this a rebuy?
                sorry, I though this was a gag at first cos I'm half pissed, but then I remembered that there is actually a $109 rebuy game which is very popular on Stars

Comment

any comment on the 3-bet/squeeze sizing of gboro from the sb? isn't that very low?
                  "Poker isn’t about default strategies, it’s about exploiting your opponent's bad tendencies"

Comment

Fold. Don't like push. Might as well be pushing with 98s in this spot if you are going to push. Would ya push with 98s often here?
                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

id fold.

FWIW I really like if you cold 4bet here with the 57s or a similar hand.

Comment

You would have to give him a very tight range to 3 bet so small OOP. I think he looking for someone to ship back at him alot here. Flatting is out of the question and 4 betting is suicide. AQ is a fold imo, pretend you never had it and move on.

Comment

Fold for me and i dont really think too long to do it.
                          Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

Its funny if actually 3bet a lil bigger i would be more inclined to jam,

its a great spot for him to 3bet since the original opener very seldom has a hand cos he was constantly opened pots and all round playing poorly regards his stack,

and the caller has been tangling a lil bit with the opener a bit and gboro obv picked up on this,

that is why i was like i could jam here and add 1400 to my stack,

but i thought i could find a better spot, FWIW i think 88+ and AK is a jam here,

if gboro had not 3bet, i think i prob would have 3bet/called cos i don't really fancy playing AQoff oop multiway,

in the end i did fold pretty quickly as did the other two guys

Comment

I just fold as well.
                              Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Crazy that he can get away with bluffing so small. Not saying that is what he is doing here btw but I presume he is balanced with bet sizing and would potentially bluff in this spot.

Comment

Is flatting really that bad? You price in the other two for a call and generate a ton of implied odds when you do it. Obviously you're looking for a bingo flop, but it can't be that bad as some are suggesting. Yeah you're gonna put yourself in some really weird spots on a lot of good flops for us, but going by your descriptions, all three of your opponents' ranges are essentially ATC right now.

Actually, by that rationale a 4bet fold isn't a bad move at all. I make it 1500ish and would expect to take the money in the middle more often than not.
                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                    Is flatting really that bad? You price in the other two for a call and generate a ton of implied odds when you do it. Obviously you're looking for a bingo flop, but it can't be that bad as some are suggesting. Yeah you're gonna put yourself in some really weird spots on a lot of good flops for us, but going by your descriptions, all three of your opponents' ranges are essentially ATC right now.

Actually, by that rationale a 4bet fold isn't a bad move at all. I make it 1500ish and would expect to take the money in the middle more often than not.
                                    Can you define a bingo flop in the context of this hand sir?

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                      Can you define a bingo flop in the context of this hand sir?
                                      Fairly obvious I'd have thought:

AQX
                                      XQQ
                                      AAX
                                      KTJ
                                      3 spades

That sort of thing.
                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                        Fairly obvious I'd have thought:

AQX
                                        XQQ
                                        AAX
                                        KTJ
                                        3 spades

That sort of thing.
                                        So you are calling off over 10% of your stack because you might hit two pair, trips, a straight or 4 to a flush. Can we not play ATC then?

When you hit AAx or 3 spades you often lose money.

Apply the same logic to a pre flop holding of 98s and you will find a call too.

Comment

I agree it's not ideal, but mostly you're calling because you probably have the best hand.

Comment

I really wouldn't consider that we probably have the best hand,

$100 freezeout, a player raises with 5 players behind, a flat call with 3 behind,
                                            then a quiet player, 3bets in worst position,

And your range for these 3 players, based on this action is ATCx3, I doubt it

we don't bingo the flop near often enough to make calling +ev

Comment

Working...
                                            X