Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
    😔 it makes me sad that aficionados such as HJ and yourself aren't into Outkast who are unquestioningly the greatest group of all time. Or that may just be my opinion! Wouldn't have Aquemini as typical southern rap, maybe their first album but after that each one shifted gears to something else.
    I listen to a lot of hip hop now, but that wasn't always the case so my knowledge is very patchy. By the way, have you guys heard Leonardo DeCaprio 2 by JID? Incredible album out recently, Aquemini reminds me a little of it with regard to the speed of the rapping.

Check out the official music video for "Off Deez" by J.I.D ft. J. ColeDiCaprio 2' out now: http://smartURL.it/DiCaprio2http://smarturl.it/JIDYTFollow JID:htt...

Comment

@HJ add Smif and Wesson - Dah Shinin, Black Moon - Enta da Stage, Little Brother - The Listening, Freddie Gibbs and Madlib - Pinata to your hip hop homework if you've missed any of them, would be some of my favorites
      airport, lol

Comment

Luckboxed , seeing an incorrect price on a 55 inch OLED tv in one of our IT suppliers sites and pulled the trigger at €540.

Jesus, id have no hesitation paying €1200 or whatever these should normally cost. OLED is is a new game entirely. Black levels are ridiculous.

Turned on Saving Private Ryan , and my jaw (and my sons) dropped at the realism.

I'm someone that always had a protector and loves films, but at 65" one of these would probably beat most projectors in the right room.

Anyone even thinking about it stop hesitating.
        sigpic
        Longshotvalue.com

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
          I assume it means nothing...or you're invited to a nuptial night threesome.
          Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
          Give them cash.
          Got it, 20 quid and a reacharound.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
            Got it, 20 quid and a reacharound.
            apropos of your (and others) recent posting, though not this post in particular had my first chat with the boss last night about whether or not we would consider vegetarianism.

Wasn't a yes, but a conversation is a beginning of sorts
            Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
              apropos of your (and others) recent posting, though not this post in particular had my first chat with the boss last night about whether or not we would consider vegetarianism.

I'm coming around to it as well, I usually cut way back on meat when wife is in america and im here by myself, I tend to feel a lot better (not sure if the diet or company) , do not crave sugar as much either.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                So satnav is in fact a tinker, makes sense now
                Very racist kev.
                Her sky-ness
                © 5starpool

Comment

My misses has had that first chat with me a few times. I feign interest and let her talk it out.

The next day I usually buy steaks - beranise sauce and a decent bottle of red wine accompanying a bit of cow that’s close to still mooing tends to reminder he that meat is pretty great.

She could just be playing me now as she has figured out my in grained defense reaction to the big V talk now that I think of it.

Comment

Trump banning Huawei phones for government workers and government contractors use is finally affecting me, work are swapping out my lovely Huawei P20 for some samsung trash that isn't even usb-c. The P20 being the best phone I've ever had and Samsung ones are the worst, ragin'. It mostly stems down to it being the only choice that Vodafone are giving us because ALL of their other phones are Huawei. Now we have a stack of Huawei phones that nobody can use and Vodafone won't take back.

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                    I'm coming around to it as well, I usually cut way back on meat when wife is in america and im here by myself, I tend to feel a lot better (not sure if the diet or company) , do not crave sugar as much either.
                    Sugar thing is the same with me, I was a fiend for it now I'm not at all, don't have the same urge buy sweet stuff apart from the occasional B&J or Magnum. That said, I've been doing a daily donut around Dublin recently, but that was mostly for the craic.

Nice one, just have to make her think it's her idea and try a few dishes. Was at a cooking class on Sunday that was great fun, something like that is good if you guys cook. We made Sahlab, corn & noodle chowder, lentil & cumin soup, a thai curry, a truffle oil alfredo pasta dish and tempura tofu, while drinking bottles of wine.
                    Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 19-02-19, 12:26.

Comment

Upgraded telly meself after 10 years at Xmas. The Sonos soundbar got with it has improved viewing experience immensely. The High Def I am not so sure about outside of Nature programmes. It ruined watching Gremlins, it so obviously looked like a film set when upscaled at good quality that it took me out of the flow a few times.
                      Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                      https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Possibly one for Kayroo but others might know.

Let's say you happened to be walking along, minding your own business and came across a group of people outside a hospital, GP surgery, etc with anti abortion signs and decided to throw a bucket of ice cold water over them - What legal ramifications might there be for that person?

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                          I ruined watching Gremlins, it so obviously looked like a film set when upscaled at good quality that it took me out of the flow a few times.
                          I don't like that HD looks real for the same reason, looks like actors on a set to me.

Comment

Let's say you happened to be walking along, minding your own business and came across a group of people outside a hospital, GP surgery, etc with anti abortion signs and decided to throw a bucket of ice cold water over them - What legal ramifications might there be for that person?
                            Where would you get a bucket of ice cold water from? Sounds premeditated. 12 years with 6 months suspended.

Comment

Upgraded telly meself after 10 years at Xmas. The Sonos soundbar got with it has improved viewing experience immensely. The High Def I am not so sure about outside of Nature programmes. It ruined watching Gremlins, it so obviously looked like a film set when upscaled at good quality that it took me out of the flow a few times.
                              I have a cheapo phillips HD TV which looks great but the sound was shite and having tried a couple of mid price soundbars I got no huge enough improvement to compensate for that they were always a pain to use.
                              I recently bought an AV receiver from Richer Sounds and linked it up to these, must be close on 50 year old old, Leak HiFi speakers I had lying around doing nothing. Even Aidan had been kind enough to share the link for the 500 quid 55" oled it couldn't come close to making the improvement in my whole media experience that rigging up those speakers has.
                              Listened to a load of music programmes since like the Leonard Cohen one the other night, just awesome even if they are like 20 times too big for the room.
                              SPOILER

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Been there, done worse during the election and they didn't even bother reporting it.

Comment

I don't like that HD looks real for the same reason, looks like actors on a set to me.
                                  Isn't that to do with the Soap opera effect that is enabled by default on most HD screens and needs to be turned off. Tom Cruise had a video about it recently that got a lot of attention.

Comment

https://www.theverge.com/2018/8/13/1...ctor-ban-trump Now we have a stack of Huawei phones that nobody can use and Vodafone won't take back.
                                    €50 offered

Actually would buy one or two if they are going cheap

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                      link to €540 telly?
                                      Sorry , i though i made it clear it was a price mistake from an IT supplier. There was only one. Believe me if there was more id have bought them all
                                      sigpic
                                      Longshotvalue.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                        Where would you get a bucket of ice cold water from? Sounds premeditated. 12 years with 6 months suspended.
                                        Eh, there was a lad washing windows nearby who had a bucket with cold water in it your honour.

Comment

It’s technically assault I suppose. Not sure what else might come of it.
                                          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                            It’s technically assault I suppose. Not sure what else might come of it.
                                            Is accusing doctors and mothers not to be of murder now slander since we voted and decided it’s not.

Would be nice to wait until the yanks who are meant to be arriving in Ireland to protest turn up, record them slipping up and sue them into bankruptcy or use it as an excuse to revoke their visas.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                              €50 offered

I'm going to ask about it when my extremely delayed as much handover takes place, although I feel they may not like selling to/via employees as it may defeat the purpose a bit. great phone though so I'd buy one myself.

Comment

No matter what I was protesting if someone threw a bucket of ice water over me I’d deprive them of the ability to have children with a swift root to the high end of their groin. I’m pro choice myself but a fk off away from me would be my response to their signs.

Either way good luck to you and your populist ice bucket challenge approach, I do hope you don’t meet with a groin injury however you would 100% deserve it. If you need Kayroo to figure that one out for you…

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                  €50 offered

€51

they really are excellent phones.
                                                  Managed to luckbox my wife onto one with a VF €25 a month contract and she's made up.
                                                  My 3T is starting to drag and as I'm no longer contracting, dropping any kind of wedge that I cannot write off on a phone is killing me
                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                    No matter what I was protesting if someone threw a bucket of ice water over me I’d deprive them of the ability to have children with a swift root to the high end of their groin. I’m pro choice myself but a fk off away from me would be my response to their signs.

Either way good luck to you and your populist ice bucket challenge approach, I do hope you don’t meet with a groin injury however you would 100% deserve it. If you need Kayroo to figure that one out for you…

You'd probably pull a muscle before your foot connected with the high end of my groin and end up rolling around the ground with your leg seized up [emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                      Very racist kev.
                                                      Don't get me started on what I would have done to your kind.

Comment

FXBs a good shout by whoever did the recommend. Went down well with four foreign carnivores.

Although I did get stung by one carnivore (possibly not realising we had passed the 'free stuff for clients' phase of the evening) when kindly ordering himself €26 shots of whiskey in the Stags Head afterwards. Everyone else stuck to Guinness. I see it as a sunk cost towards the next phase of uplift.
                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Come to Valencia.

circa 10k of beach

half a dozen parks including the Turia which runs the length of the city and has numerous playgrounds and Gulliver park (an enormous Gulliver model for kids to run through and over in the middle of the park)

aquarium

zoo

menu del dia (starter, main, dessert, drink and coffee for less than €10)

beer starting at €1 a bottle

lovely outdoor lifestyle where kids are welcomed and encouraged at bars and restaurants

lots of day trip options

might be a bit hot though, probably low 30's in July
                                                            Is this meant to be a pro point?

Comment

You'd probably pull a muscle before your foot connected with the high end of my groin and end up rolling around the ground with your leg seized up [emoji23]
                                                              But your balls must be hanging low by now so I wouldn't have to kick very high.

Smack talking old guy :-p

Comment

Quick question, anybody here still in the car industry? My partner is looking to buy a car, if so could you drop me a PM if you're able to help out.
                                                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                  Is this meant to be a pro point?
                                                                  It is if your specific question is regarding a holiday destination for 2 adults and 2 kids
                                                                  Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Have you turned off all the motion smoothing (soap opera effect) or whatever it's called for your Tv model?

Christopher Nolan & Paul Thomas Anderson had a piece about it awhile back HERE & Tom Cruise had a Twitter video.

Comment

Originally posted by SomethingIfoundInteresting
                                                                      The regulator in Europe is my favourite superhero. They have a vision and they’re pursuing it. Their vision entails putting customers first, leveraging the art of the recently possible and, for the first time, regulating not what’s being done but what should be done. Runways and extended roadmaps are granted, because the regulator realises current business models and legacy infrastructure can’t be changed overnight. But make no mistake: every piece of regulation coming out of Europe in recent years points in the same direction, that is reduced margins, transparency in pricing, product unbundling and simplicity. They don’t always get it 100% right, but they have a vision, they iterate and collaborate and do this innovation thing better than most banks, it seems.

Found this interesting. Londons School of Economics' Leda Glytpis.
                                                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                        😔 it makes me sad that aficionados such as HJ and yourself aren't into Outkast who are unquestioningly the greatest group of all time. Or that may just be my opinion! Wouldn't have Aquemini as typical southern rap, maybe their first album but after that each one shifted gears to something else.
                                                                        Confirmed great album. Not really what i was expecting. Plenty of funk, dense but dazzling rhyming and plenty of layers to be discovered with future listens. Am queuing up ATLiens for tomorrow. Cheers gf and eh.

Comment

Comment

Was the euromillions winner any of you lot? Not me anyway sadly. I'm holding out hope for a sibling or in law though.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                                                              Confirmed great album. Not really what i was expecting. Plenty of funk, dense but dazzling rhyming and plenty of layers to be discovered with future listens. Am queuing up ATLiens for tomorrow. Cheers gf and eh.
                                                                              Love spreading good music. Don't forget their first album after that. Original southern rap. Few tracks with Goodie Mob who Cee-Lo was a member of. He's on Liberation on ATliens too
                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                Love spreading good music. Don't forget their first album after that. Original southern rap. Few tracks with Goodie Mob who Cee-Lo was a member of. He's on Liberation on ATliens too
                                                                                What's frightening is that Hey Ya will be 16 years old this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                                  What's frightening is that Hey Ya will be 16 years old this year.
                                                                                  Ted from Scrubs does a fun version of that.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                    Was the euromillions winner any of you lot? Not me anyway sadly. I'm holding out hope for a sibling or in law though.
                                                                                    It was me. I don't plan to make any lifestyle changes though.
                                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                      €4

Comment

One for PSV

Comment

Regency Murder Trial collapses as state withdraws charges. Patrick Hutch soon to be a free man.

This is AJ reporting for Rounders TV.

Comment

Euromillions winner a family syndicate from Meath

Comment

...

Comment

Anyone know a decent techie near Limerick? Need a computer setup for a business and it wouldnt pay me to go up and down.
                                                                                                Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                  It was me. I don't plan to make any lifestyle changes though.
                                                                                                  Lol. I’d absolute love the crack of planning the whole thing if I won a lump like that. Almost as much as the money itself!

How much for my family now, how much to gift family and friends and then putting in place an intergenerational trust to provide an income to the later generations and a really long term investment strategy. Be some crack and then the fun of spending the few million now. Definitely wouldn’t work for a salary for another day though. These people who say they’ll continue working are just mad imo.
                                                                                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                    Lol. I’d absolute love the crack of planning the whole thing if I won a lump like that. Almost as much as the money itself!

How much for my family now, how much to gift family and friends and then putting in place an intergenerational trust to provide an income to the later generations and a really long term investment strategy. Be some crack and then the fun of spending the few million now. Definitely wouldn’t work for a salary for another day though. These people who say they’ll continue working are just mad imo.
                                                                                                    Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                    Id probably just stick it on T1 in the next
                                                                                                    .

Comment

I know I always say it but it's such a bizarre amount, with just a tiny bit of sensible planning you're creating future dynasties. Cap it at 5m and spread it out imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                        I know I always say it but it's such a bizarre amount, with just a tiny bit of sensible planning you're creating future dynasties. Cap it at 5m and spread it out imo.
                                                                                                        Irish is €9.5m tonight, definitely wasting 10e on that tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                          Regency Murder Trial collapses as state withdraws charges. Patrick Hutch soon to be a free man.

Released to finish the job IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                            I was listening to a retired professional baseball player on the Freakonomics podcast and I estimate he made $220m in his career (gross) and I was just thinking that with a decent plan he has lifted his entire projeny into king status IF he doesn’t fuck it up. Just by hitting a ball well for 15 years. Mad really. And yet so many do fuck it up.
                                                                                                            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                              First album is great too. Plenty of blunted, rolling g-funk grooves. Damn, imma hadda buy all dees rekkids now!

Comment

Definitely wouldn’t work for a salary for another day though.
                                                                                                                You'll need somewhere to show off this 18k gold plated beauty though...
                                                                                                                SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                                                                                  Euromillions winner a family syndicate from Meath
                                                                                                                  Addition:

It has also been revealed that the shop that sold the winning ticket was Reilly's Daybreak in The Naul, Co Dublin.

Comment

I guess it depends on whether somebody really actually likes what they do or just did it for whatever reason and doesn't find it fulfilling. I imagine a lot would at least start their own companies or work for a different company in the same field that may earn them less but is more fulfilling. 10%+ of people working with me here are multi-millionaires, they still work here for a pittance of that!

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

Ah, lovely reminder that I was staying there when that happened, after my apartment block suffered arson, the security guard watching said apartment block stole all the women's underwear and was arrested. Shortly afterwards I was hit by a car and then got my first grey hair.

Comment

I guess it depends on whether somebody really actually likes what they do or just did it for whatever reason and doesn't find it fulfilling. I imagine a lot would at least start their own companies or work for a different company in the same field that may earn them less but is more fulfilling. 10%+ of people working with me here are multi-millionaires, they still work here for a pittance of that!
                                                                                                                        Agreed. I’m not suggesting sitting my arse for life. But I wouldn’t be working for a salary.

Comment

You'll need somewhere to show off this 18k gold plated beauty though...
                                                                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                                                                          Horrific. I took a female client out to lunch last week and we spent a significant portion of time talking about custom clothes and jewellery. You have to be able to talk to clients about their interests!
                                                                                                                          Last edited by V for Vendetta; 20-02-19, 13:30.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X