Pot Control or Bloat the pot on Turn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pot Control or Bloat the pot on Turn?

Mid tournament, half the field left. I've just doubled up to 36k with AA on a 10high flop (ave is 28k) and would imagine my image to be quite tight as have only got outta line once & villain (55k) hadn't arrived at table at that stage.

Villain is a good/tricky young Waterford? player (Gavin F) who seemed to me to be good/aggro/deffo has moves in position.

Blinds 200/400/50 & I open 56 to 900 from HJ. Had hoped to play a pot vs SB (Donkey who gave me 17k when I had AA) or BB (Rock lady) but Villain flats from CO and we are HU.

Flop is A7x:8

I lead for 1200, he calls.

Turn is 9x.

I lead 2200, villain repops to 4400. Hero?

I flat probably. It wouldn't be for pot control though, just to keep in his bluffs. Hard to know what he min raises with on this dodgy board though.

Comment

Flat to let him continue his bluff or betting an Ace with the intention of check-raising the river once no 6 or J comes in case he has A 10 maybe?. I don't think I am never not raising against this opponent. You said good/aggro/moves in position.

Comment

9975/gii. b/calling virtually every turn if called. vnh
        "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

I'm always trying to get it in on this turn , too maybe action killing rivers such as a T, J, 6 or heart.
          He may also think u have some type of pair plus draw type hand and get it in lightish now.
          Additionally this way u also charge him for any draw he may have, so there's an element of hand protection also.

Comment

Originally posted by Norwichfanrob View Post
            I'm always trying to get it in on this turn ,
            Would obv be quite happy to get it in, but there is 11,800 in the middle after his turn re-raise & I've 31k behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
              Would obv be quite happy to get it in, but there is 11,800 in the middle after his turn re-raise & I've 31k behind.
              I play it your way against Gavin (Dungarvan not Waterford btw ): he is folding his bluff hands if you reraise. I check call all rivers against him also. If he had 10J tough shit and ul

Comment

Originally posted by The Istanbul View Post
                he is folding his bluff hands if you reraise.
                A click-back here is rarely if ever a stone bluff. More often vulnerable TP looking to check back river, or 2P+ or pair/draw hands building the pot to get more in later. 3b now to charge more or let him get it in is easily best.
                "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Mid tournament, half the field left. I've just doubled up to 36k with AA on a 10high flop (ave is 28k) and would imagine my image to be quite tight as have only got outta line once & villain (55k) hadn't arrived at table at that stage.

Villain is a good/tricky young Waterford? player (Gavin F) who seemed to me to be good/aggro/deffo has moves in position.

Blinds 200/400/50 & I open 56 to 900 from HJ. Had hoped to play a pot vs SB (Donkey who gave me 17k when I had AA) or BB (Rock lady) but Villain flats from CO and we are HU.

Flop is A7x:8

I lead for 1200, he calls.

Turn is 9x.

I lead 2200, villain repops to 4400. Hero?
                  Ok, so I 4-bet the turn to 9900 - Villain flats.

Pot now 24800 ( I have 26k)

River 4

Hero?

Comment

River 4

Hero?
                    I think you played it fine and i jam now.
                    twitter
                    moneybookers

Comment

River 4

Hero?
                      just a bit bigger on the turn id be trying to give him the best odds possiable to cal my river jam

Comment

3betting turn is best, but I would go bigger. 11k seems about right to me.

I don't really like this river as it is easy for villain to fold worse and snap call with better. I'd bet small for thin value and to induce a bluff. Bet like 6k and obviously call when he shoves. I'm a nit, though.
                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

mini

i think i remember this hand , was it in the irish winter mini ?

Comment

Originally posted by cha115 View Post
                            i think i remember this hand , was it in the irish winter mini ?
                            Yep

Comment

I know people are saying to flat turn here to allow him to bluff
                              The turn, but what range are people putting him on when he raises? How often is he bluffing here? As played I think I play it the exact same way

Comment

River 4

Hero?
                                Sorry, forgot to close this off.

I checked river to let him bluff/semi-bluff off a lot of his hands & he shoved.

Called as per plan & he had 710

Was just curious as to how many nit it up with a call to his 3-bet OTT for pot-control & to have a playable stack post hand vs the more obvious route i went.

Comment

Working...
                                X