Final table Live tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final table Live tournament

Tournament is a 30euro freezeout. The standard on a whole is generally very poor however with some exceptions. In this hand I got involved with a fish and a very competent player in which I am very familiar with his game. I had been playing very aggressively as the only person standing in my way was this competent player. History between us that day involved both of us three betting and me four betting all in once.

There are 7 players left and the blinds are 500/1000. I have a stack of 70k and the competent villain has similar. The fish has a stack of 40k.
    Competent villain raises UTG+1 to 2.5k. Fish in mid position flat calls 2.5k and I make it 7.1k from the button with JHJC. Competent villain 4bets to 15.2k. Fish in the middle snap jams all in for 40k. Hero???

My thoughts immediatley in this hand are that my range is definitley ahead of competent villain for a number of reasons. 1. The history of 3betting and 4 betting, 2. The fact that I am on the button and it looks like a classic squeeze play. While I know most people might see this as a snap fold, but i feel that I can over jam and see him fold so frequently. My read with the fish was not to have a large pair as Ive seen him previously playing his large pairs very aggressively preflop.
    Do you definitley fold here or is there room for consideration with the information I have on my villains?

If I had any intention of folding to a 4bet I would have just called the three bet. Normally the fact that a player in between has jammed might make me change my mind, since his range should be extremely strong, but given your reads on him his jam actually makes shoving more attractive. Given your reads I'd shove.

Comment

I agree with the idea of not 4 bet folding in most spots but because you are so deep and the utg player is competent, I cant see his 4 bet being a bluff to often with the fish also calling

I would definitely be inclined to wait for a better spot, in my experience no matter how bad fish generally be, they don't tend to do much 5 bet jamming!!

Comment

Its a bit horrible but out you get 63k ish left , fish wins hes only minding the chips and even your good villian only goes 2/1 on yours if he takes it. Hope the fish had the monster

Comment

I realise there is a dynamic between you guys but is a "competent" villian ever gonna get 70bb in pre with worse? I much prefer a flat pre-flop. We've position on villian and the fish. I realise we have a vulnerable enough hand in there are quite a few flops we're not gonna like. We've so much going for us with a flat though that the pro's outweigh the cons.

As played, I muck btw. CIB in our face OOP is gross. You'll get the fishes chips in much easier spots.
          Last edited by peterswellman; 21-08-12, 23:19.

Comment

I tank folded only for the "competent" player who I have a lot of history with has A4 off suit and has to call off against the fish. My history with this player is the reason i tanked for quite a while as i thought he could be 4 betting very light against me expecting the fish to fold fairly often. fish jammed with AK suited.

Comment

Originally posted by drive56 View Post
              I tank folded only for the "competent" player who I have a lot of history with has A4 off suit and has to call off against the fish. My history with this player is the reason i tanked for quite a while as i thought he could be 4 betting very light against me expecting the fish to fold fairly often. fish jammed with AK suited.
              outcome?????????

Comment

Definitely like the iso if fish never has KK+ given reads/history of PF aggression with big pairs. You were never folding vs UTG anyway so should make this an even easier iso given dead money from the 4b.
                "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Working...
                X