Another AK spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another AK spot

Well since my last hand went so great in the analysis, I'll be posting another hand, again with AK.

Villian is playing 7/5/AF:1.5 over 54 hands. So seems like a rock over a small sample size. Additionally, don't have any real information gathered for post flop.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (8 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP1 ($1.60)
    Hero (MP2) ($2.01)
    CO ($2.38)
    Button ($0.74)
    SB ($1.03)
    BB ($1.94)
    UTG ($1.18)
    UTG+1 ($2.27)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K, A
    3 folds, Hero bets $0.06, 3 folds, BB calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.13) 6, A, K (2 players)
    BB checks, Hero bets $0.07, BB calls $0.07

Turn: ($0.27) 5 (2 players)
    BB checks, Hero bets $0.15, BB calls $0.15

River: ($0.57) 5 (2 players)
    BB checks, Hero ????

So what's your line on the river?

I'd bet a bit bigger on the turn and it's an easy bet for value on the river, ~.38 imo.

Comment

Just bet for value, if he's that much of a rock he prob' wont have any of the s*t you're afraid of and he's unlikely to be checking with a nutted hand

Comment

Bet more everywhere, and bet again.

What do we think of this?

open to 0.07 pre
        flop (0.15) - eff stacks 1.90
        bet 0.10
        turn (0.35)- eff stacks 1.80
        bet 0.25
        river (0.85) - eff stacks 1.55
        bet 0.50

(fold to a shove vs this guy though)

Comment

Yeah bet more like 3/4 pot everywhere instead of 1/2. I'd bet near pot on the river seeing how the board ran out

Comment

Results
            SPOILER
            PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (8 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP1 ($1.60)
            Hero (MP2) ($2.01)
            CO ($2.38)
            Button ($0.74)
            SB ($1.03)
            BB ($1.94)
            UTG ($1.18)
            UTG+1 ($2.27)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K, A
            3 folds, Hero bets $0.06, 3 folds, BB calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.13) 6, A, K (2 players)
            BB checks, Hero bets $0.07, BB calls $0.07

Turn: ($0.27) 5 (2 players)
            BB checks, Hero bets $0.15, BB calls $0.15

River: ($0.57) 5 (2 players)
            BB checks, Hero bets $0.32, BB raises to $1, Hero folds

I'm just curious what everyone thinks he has when he takes this line? He also tank raised the river as well.

Comment

I am never folding the river if he shows you 66, KK or AA nice hand pay that man his money.

Comment

If you are beat all I can think is he had a fd with the 5h. But he can't have A5hh or 65hh so that doesn't leave very much 5hxh he could have. He can also have missed draws or Ax trying to get you off a chop. What did you think he could have?

Comment

There's two ways to look at this:

1) What hand could he have that beats us. They all seem unlikely, so we should call. (This is a bit of a simplification)

2) What % chance is there that this Nit decides to either a) Check raise bluff the river, or b) Check raise the river with worse. Since both of these are very low we should fold.

At low stakes, against a nit - the second way of looking at the hand will be more profitable in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by Emperor Badger View Post
                    Well since my last hand went so great in the analysis, I'll be posting another hand, again with AK.
                    Are you being sarcastic here? The reason there was no replies in the other thread is that no-one disagreed with the first reply

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                      Are you being sarcastic here? The reason there was no replies in the other thread is that no-one disagreed with the first reply
                      Of course it was. I know my real decision wasn't on the flop, but I thought that with only 1 reply, that no one else had read it, so I didn't bother posting the rest of the hand.
                      Last edited by Emperor Badger; 05-09-12, 03:39.

Comment

Originally posted by Emperor Badger View Post
                        I thought that with only 1 reply, that no one else had read it, so I didn't bother posting the rest of the hand.
                        just post entire HH in OP as a line-check, get opinions on every street.

more on turn here, like ~3/4pot. I'd probably overbet river, seems like a decent spot to do it since random Ax improved to a chop vs all better Ax and probably wont fold if they feel like you'd try to barrel them off chops or do this with busted draws a decent amount. In any case villain probably doesn't call 3 barrels with worse pairs or get tricky with whiffed draws so bet-size shouldn't impact call freq dramatically.. thus making an overbet awesomer
                        "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Working...
                        X