Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mucked hand flipped over by his opponent ruling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mucked hand flipped over by his opponent ruling?

Strange hand played tonight in a £100 freezeout on the border.

Down to 13 players with 6 players going through to the 2nd day tomorrow which will mean you're in the money. Blinds 1500/3000 and UTG big stack (let's call him Joe) opens to 16k. Yep, 16k. Folded to the BB, 2nd biggest stack and he calls (let's call him Paddy).

Flop is Q32 and it goes check/check
    Turn is a 5 and Paddy leads for 16k. Joe makes it 45k

Lots of verbals and Paddy shoves for 83k total, Joe snaps and tables QQ

Paddy mucks his hand face down on the table and pushes his chips across his cards and towards Joe. Joe fishes Paddy's cards out to see what he has and turns the hand over as the dealer is going through the formality of dealing the river. Joe turns over Paddy's hand which is 66 as the dealer sticks a 4 ball on the river to give Paddy the straight.

Is it a simple case of dead hand becomes live again and scoops the pot?

scoopo, hands live again far as i know

Comment

Hand is live. Joe deserves it as well for turning the cards up.

Comment

Dealer should have turned his hand up anyway as in an all in situation all hands have to be tabled

Comment

Yeah I think because its a tournament, and his cards are still clearly visible (not been pulled into the muck) then his hand is live. Its an all in situation both hands need to be tabled on the turn. The dealer should be doing this first before dealing the river.

Comment

I agree with everyone saying that the dealer should have shown both hands and dealt the river regardless whether the hand was pushed face down. The dealer actually just dealt the river to himself i.e he let the burn card slip on to the table and just turned the river over and held it in his hand and then the realisation only hit that Paddy scooped the pot. The TD/another dealer was on hand to see the action and said that Paddy's hand was dead, but by Joe turning it over it became live again. He said that if anyone else bar his opponent or the dealer turned the hand over, it would still be dead as they weren't active in the hand.

Comment

Don't really care what the ruling is but massive LOL at Joe
              It's all an illusion

Comment

Working...
              X