Douga time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Douga time

So in the past month I am up 3.6k from live poker in Dublin - I am down 1.4k from ladbrokes/paddies/boyles - I admit it... I am a fucking retard!!!
    I kept getting 2nd place horses etc so I would just bet more and more, dumb dumb dumb

So now I am going back to Betfair where I used to make money and back and lay every football game I see an edge, I am also going back to 12 tabling .10/.25 texas holdem on pokerstars. I will be updating my Betfair twice weekly and my pokerstars once a week. I would use a blog but I always tend to forget about it, at least here I might try to keep it up, for a few months at least

Starting Pokerstars Bankroll: $600

Starting Betfair Bankroll: €150

I am awaiting moneybookers mail to get back into my account as I have a new phone number so for now I will not be on Stars - just Betfair.

Any comments are welcome
    Go big or go homeless.

Since there is absolutely no football games until 9am I figured I'd do my first update today after seeing I actually started this on the 14th(oops)

Started off with soccer then as usual got addicted to the horses, got lucky by getting €66 profit on frankel by betting on him at 1.6 in running saving my blushes on 50 loss just before that - all the 0's were just backing and laying pre and no profits - I was completely new!!!

BETS:
    SPOILER

The soccer... Oh God the soccer...
    Newcastle - Spurs:
    SPOILER
    I should be another 50 up from, I laid Newcastle for €80 at 3.4 near enough the start of the game, spurs go up with the peno and I wait and I wait until it goes out to the odds I like. I have it set at 10.5 and it is on 10, and I get greedy and don't take it. 2 minutes into 2nd half 1-1, then I just do my best to try and get into a nice green amount and fortunately I did

Barcelona B - Guadalajara:
    SPOILER
    my worst game by far, if barcelona score their penalty(i think it was a penalty, stream dropped but bet365 actually said peno and also said they were up 2-1 so I don't know exactly) I would be effectively bust so I got so lucky. This was just a dumb dumb play on my part and so lucky not to be punished

Lazio - Roma:
    SPOILER
    just good timing with the bets, laid lazio early as in bookies 2.5 and on betfair it was 2.62, then waited for a while to see what would happen. Roma scored and I got fortunate, greened out completely at half time as I thought something would happen but had no idea what - happy to get out - was greened for 41.93 in that game

La Galaxy - Chivas USA:
    SPOILER
    the betting for this game was actually insane, at half time 2.3 was the first offered to back and 2.6 was the first wanted. I managed to lay off and then back 2.4/2.42 and get 2.6/2.58 3 times in this period for €100 each time. Was greened out for 24 min

Just posting summaries to help me with future betting - this is my first time ever attempting this and I'm somewhat new to betfair - used to only do it before and hope my team scored then lay off

There are going to be a lot of game with amounts from 0.45-3.5 etc, these will normally be on Saturdays(or else games my streams are not good for and are not on betfair) - I will be backing/laying each game pre team sheets and then greening out before any game starts - going to only focus on 1/2 games running at 3pm on a Saturday as my laptop freezes a good bit - piece of shit!!

Okay first blog entry submitted

Running bankroll
    Pokerstars:$600
    Betfair:€335.48 with commission of 5%
    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Good luck dougie. Your only problem has ever been discipline. Hopefully this will keep you on the right track and you can crush.

Comment

as expected this has only lasted 24 hours before hitting a snag...
        this time around though, it's a good one!!

I found a sick arbitrage in the market, betfairs price wanted was 2.12 and boyles and paddies was 2.3, the betfair price eventually went into 2.02 and I was still laying and 2.3 stay in the bookies. I have to wait 2 weeks now for the result to come in but I am literally freerolling for €350 with a big favourite(possibly will lay out for 150/250 - will ask bbv if I am considering it) - no poker for 2 weeks it looks like but a nice payday once it does come in
        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Good luck Douglas.

Comment

admittedly I did mess up a nice bit with laying 2.26(I completely forgot about the commission but thankfully I copped on before I layed for a nice sum

I had fallen asleep(was up all night) when market was 2.3 and it was 2.25 when I woke so I lumped what people backed during my snooze

also there is still value in this market as higgins is 2.20 on boyles and you can lay at 2.1 on betfair - I have no more funds but in case anyone wants to freeroll and get yourself some betfair points(yay betfair points!)

+302.07 is Higgins win and break even if Gallagher does. Anybody think I should back Gallagher at 2.1 or just let it ride? I personally think let it ride but I pretty much know nothing about politics

Most funds tied up now for a while so blog will be pretty stagnant I reckon, unless my live poker does me well
            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Consensus based on election-related posts in the BBV would be to let it ride I'd be fairly sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                Consensus based on election-related posts in the BBV would be to let it ride I'd be fairly sure.
                Yeah 2 of my friends told me Gallagher would get fucked with FF related stuff so I'm gonna let it go another few days anyway. Always nice to be freerolling on the favourite of presidency

I have officially gone from unbiased to biased and shall now be registering to vote
                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Not sure how u figure out how u are freerolling €350 ? u are freerolling about €20 or so and you have to wait a few weeks to be paid and it is all your funds tied up in the meantime.
                  Think you would be better off having the money available to use.

Comment

Seems you have added your total returns on your boyles bets, but you have to take your stakes off so you are freerolling €20 for two weeks of tying up 600 odd

Comment

you are probably right to be honest - this is completely new to me and I knew it was too good to be true to be honest. Switching between sites was just fucking confusing as fuck!

Nothing I can do now but sit and wait anyway but it's a good lesson to be learned

edit to say: FML - you are correct sir, when I was backing and laying I was actually thinking - but I'm not even gaining 0.20, how can I be freerolling so much - explained. Cheers

edit #2: still have 150ish to play with from orig bankroll so that is going onto betfair and I shall be backing and laying champs league tomorrow so hopefully I won't fuck up as bad

blehhhhh - was originally going to just back a lot on 2.3 and lay at 1.8 when he became favourite in the next few days
                      Last edited by mdoug; 17-10-11, 21:20.
                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

decided to look on the bright side of things - I am getting paid from work for the first time tomorrow so that can be pumped back into the bankroll so that is the €450 stars covered as well as the 150 on betfair still being available - this just means my rail might get confusing

bright side, I am freerolling for €20, I got a lot of betfair points - wooo hoooo

no beer and no tv make douglas fucking stupid
                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

The most popular trading software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges. Boost your Betfair trading profits with our kick ass Betfair trading software!

Use that for what you're doing if you're not already. Fantastic piece of kit.

Best of luck.

Comment

GL with this dougie. Keep the live grinding going and keep the head and you'll be on easy street.
                            "Ne jamais perdre sa passsionne...ou s'en, éloigner vite!!!!..EC

Comment

bump
                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by ciarraithuaidh View Post
                                GL with this dougie. Keep the live grinding going and keep the head and you'll be on easy street.
                                Didn't even see this, cheers dude!
                                Taking a break from live poker for a while even though I'm up pretty much 16 of my 19 nights, just have the tendency to blow the lot so I'll wait a while and see how Stars goes

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                bump
                                Funds tied up on a retarded bet so no point bumping haha. I'm heading down to Cork for JazzFest/OctoberFest/Halloween. Will be playing 100% professionally from the 2nd week of November, 12 tabling and hopefully 4-6 hours a day
                                Last edited by mdoug; 21-10-11, 02:37.
                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                  [B][/decided to look on the bright side of things - I am getting paid from work for the first time tomorrow so that can be pumped back into the bankroll B]
                                  Wow chief you have a major problem, sorry for not pandering like the rest but that shit is not normal.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackyback View Post
                                    Wow chief you have a major problem, sorry for not pandering like the rest but that shit is not normal.
                                    Another useful insightful comment

FYI
                                    I have an online poker bankroll, I have a live poker bankroll, I have money set aside for general life - I never mix those 3. My income goes into whichever of the 3 I want and I just wanted to invest as I tied up all funds - have instead decided to go to Manchester but re-investing were original plans.

I've actually sorted out my exact bankroll plans but make insulting stupid comments all you want sure - big part of this site I have to accept I guess
                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

So your good with bankroll yet have a tendency to blow the lot? does not compute.

I dont know why you want to multitable 10cent 25 cent if your cleaning up live makes no sense to me

live poker can be grim but if your making money its fine

in fairness you have a history of going bananas and you have posted some strange sports bets
                                      jackybacks comments are totally justified you post this in apublic forum do you want people to only say ncie things even if the plan is incoherent and probably doomed
                                      i think your going to make millions good luck with it
                                      Funds tied up on a retarded bet so no point bumping haha. I'm heading down to Cork for JazzFest/OctoberFest/Halloween. Will be playing 100% professionally from the 2nd week of November, 12 tabling and hopefully 4-6 hours a day[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by Jackyback View Post
                                        Yeah my thoughts exactly. Doug there has to be a more productive use of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                                          ive poker can be grim but if your making money its fine

in fairness you have a history of going bananas and you have posted some strange sports bets
                                          jackybacks comments are totally justified you post this in apublic forum do you want people to only say ncie things even if the plan is incoherent and probably doomed
                                          i think your going to make millions good luck with it
                                          Funds tied up on a retarded bet so no point bumping haha. I'm heading down to Cork for JazzFest/OctoberFest/Halloween. Will be playing 100% professionally from the 2nd week of November, 12 tabling and hopefully 4-6 hours a day
                                          [/QUOTE]

Does not compute? maybe if you read the comments - I didnt actually blow my bankroll but again thanks for your well informed reply. And because I posted 4 years ago with mad hands I will always be a guy who is crazy, I started this and I admit the betfair thing was dumb but I risked nothing.
                                          I have no problem with bad comments here, would have liked them as questions instead of comments like "wow chief you have a major problem"(bit of a dick imo) and more annoying was the pussies who liked the comment but wouldnt say a word themselves. Anyway, I'm sick of all this drama, using this as a log not a fucking bitching place - if it doesnt work out, fine you guys win and I suck etc etc.
                                          Appreciate no comments until i actually start anyway so feel free to pm but probably won't reply
                                          Enjoying manchester now. Cya boardsies
                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Fwiw I have met with and played with you before and you seemed a nice guy. My comment was not intended to insult merely point out that putting your wages straight into your roll is a bit mad.
                                            Putting yourself out there via a log you got to expect good and bad comments, part and parcel of the Internet!!! Calling my comments stupid and calling me a dick is a bit OTT but hey whatever floats your boat chief as you clearly have everything sussed.

Comment

boyles pay-out early and I back entire bet on betfair so that I am only -160 for Higgins and 0 for the rest, so I have 180 in account on betfair and 642 on boyles and another 160 if higgins loses

I am going to be starting solely playing on PokerStars and avoiding Betfair next Tuesday. I am going to be using a blog that isn't on ipb as I just don't like it here and going to stop posting again so if anyone wants to rail the blog feel free. Might update here sometime in November, don't know yet

Cheers for comments anyway, see you guys at future live events
                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Don't be such a girl Douglas!

Comment

Comment

That doctor looks like Careca

Comment

I am going to be using a blog that isn't on ipb as I just don't like it here and going to stop posting again so if anyone wants to rail the blog feel free. Might update here sometime in November, don't know yet

Cheers for comments anyway, see you guys at future live events
                                                      The best thing about IPB imo, is that we're not a back-slapping, lying, say something just to make you feel better community. Some people use tact, and others just say things as they are in their own abrupt way. Whether it's hand histories, real life stuff, life experience, blogs or whatever, once it's posted on here there's going to be hundreds of people reading it and most of them will have an opinion. Some will keep it to themselves, so will post how they feel. Some will say good luck, some will want you to fail. Some will offer advice, some will offer criticism.

The bottom line is that you couldn't have expected everyone to say well done and wish you well when there's some glaring holes and more than a tinge of degeneracy involved. Try to take the knocks on the chin and try to see where people are coming from. If you think it's right, but 5 people think it's wrong, then it's time to look at it again.

Keep posting here. It's good to look at, lot's of people will give opinions on good or bad bets and give you better informed knowledge and it will be more profitable for you in the long run. We all know you have a thick skin, so stay on IPB and keep this blog going.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                        The bottom line is that you couldn't have expected everyone to say well done and wish you well when there's some glaring holes and more than a tinge of degeneracy involved. Try to take the knocks on the chin and try to see where people are coming from. If you think it's right, but 5 people think it's wrong, then it's time to look at it again.

Keep posting here. It's good to look at, lot's of people will give opinions on good or bad bets and give you better informed knowledge and it will be more profitable for you in the long run. We all know you have a thick skin, so stay on IPB and keep this blog going.

I understand that, my main thing was that because I moved up to Dublin I actually thought I would want to become part of the poker community. That is the honest truth, and since then I have had no desire, and this came from before starting this log so this just annoyed me even more

I didn't want any well done's or congrats or anything really, I've played 0 hands and the poker is my main part of this log! The people who posted are old friends from down in Cork just wishing me luck as they know I'm actually going full hog at this, just sick of what I consider bullsh*t on this site and I think I just decided I would rather do this alone at least until I play some sort of amount of hands to critique. Cheers anyway Tony
                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

We should get a home game going by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                            We should get a home game going by the way.
                                                            Won't be in Dublin any of the next 3 weekends but mid weeks work or any weekend after the 13th, got a 50 inch tv going on here too so a bit of pro ev/fifa for the people knocked out ain't too bad, also would love to knock out POC again - been so long!!

also: click thanks to this post if you're heading to Cork this weekend
                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Won't be in Dublin any of the next 3 weekends but mid weeks work or any weekend after the 13th, got a 50 inch tv going on here too so a bit of pro ev/fifa for the people knocked out ain't too bad, also would love to knock out POC again - been so long!!

also: click thanks to this post if you're heading to Cork this weekend
                                                              I'm thinking a short handed game midweek - make it regular enough. Get maybe six people?

Comment

Working...
                                                              X