X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, will stick with Y+Z, cheers.

Comment

These are my best chances ... (L O L)

If only some of them could bring their strike rate in to the tournament ...

Comment

Oh one quick question. There are some players like Robinho, is he under R or D as his surname is de Souza? Or Pedro who's full name is Pedro Rodriguez I think. Kaká is another one. His actual name is 'Ricardo Izecson dos Santos Leite'. A load of the brazilian's could be contentious. I guess we just go with whatever is on the back of the jersey?

Comment

Would say as surname as listed here makes sense. http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/teams/index.html

Comment

Its definitely R for Robinho, K for Kaka imo

Comment

Originally posted by Valor View Post
              Has to be. The one I was wondering about was Maxi Rodriguez, often just called Maxi. He won't be top scorer tho so it doesn't matter I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by Valor View Post
                Yeah it's the name they are officially known as. I'll keep an eye on possible angle shooting. I can;t access the link bohsman put up but if it's the official squads supplied to FIFA, we'll be going with that if there's any dispute

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post

A - Valor
                  B - White Knight
                  C - vamos
                  D - Bohsman
                  E - Dimoxinil
                  F - cardshark202
                  G - Flushdraw
                  H - Wolves
                  K - Wolves

L - Rattled77
                  M - Flushdraw
                  N - Valor
                  P - Dimoxinil
                  R - Bohsman
                  S - cardshark202
                  T - MrsFlushdraw
                  V - Aya14

I+J - Aya14
                  O+X - O+X
                  Y+Z - vamos
                  Q+U+W - White Knight
                  Heinz and Koren - just the boys I was banking on.

Comment

After the 1st round of games an amazing 24 different scorers ...

Comment

2 for forlan tonight. Puts me ahead at the moment I think.

Comment

Keep her lit Higuain.

Comment

Balls higuain on 3 with greece to come. Hope he gets rested

Comment

3 still top scored so far yeah? Didnt think I'd be supporting the R.Vittek led Slovakians

Comment

Still a few players in with a shout. I wouldn't rule out Tevez and Fabiano either so this isn't over. GL all

Comment

Sneijder and Forlan are my best hopes now. A brace from either in the next match gives me a chance against Villa perhaps. Although Spain winning the WC is more important.

Comment

2 games left looking good for cardshark and aya, still some chances for me and flushdraw:

Villa 5 (Aya)
                                  Sneijder 5 (cardshark)
                                  Forlan 4 (cardshark)
                                  Klose 4 (Wolves)
                                  Muller 4 (Flushdraw)
                                  Suarez 3 (cardshark)

expect klose to get chances in the 3rd/4th match as he is 1 behind the all time record and they will want to help him get it. should be given all the pens and close free kicks.

Comment

and at Higuain, rested for 1 full match and missed a load of chances to finish on 4. bloody argies.

Comment

$800 in the prizepool for this so $600 for the winner and $200 for 2nd

Comment

Originally posted by Wolves View Post
                                        and at Higuain, rested for 1 full match and missed a load of chances to finish on 4. bloody argies.
                                        I reckon I will rue that pen Villa missed v Honduras

Comment

Originally posted by Wolves View Post
                                          2 games left looking good for cardshark and aya, still some chances for me and flushdraw:

Villa 5 (Aya)
                                          Sneijder 5 (cardshark)
                                          Forlan 4 (cardshark)
                                          Klose 4 (Wolves)
                                          Muller 4 (Flushdraw)
                                          Suarez 3 (cardshark)

expect klose to get chances in the 3rd/4th match as he is 1 behind the all time record and they will want to help him get it. should be given all the pens and close free kicks.
                                          Klose and a few other Germans have gotten the flu and may not be on the pitch at all

Comment

Originally posted by montyrebel View Post
                                            Klose and a few other Germans have gotten the flu and may not be on the pitch at all
                                            Not Muller anyway! Keep 'er lit son, keep 'er lit!!

Comment

Interesting.

So no goals from villa or sneijder tomorrow and I have 2 players joint first. obv sneijder scoring tomorrow would be ideal.

Comment

with klose not playing, this game could not have gone much better for wolves there with klose now solo in second place atm.

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                  Interesting.

So no goals from villa or sneijder tomorrow and I have 2 players joint first. obv sneijder scoring tomorrow would be ideal.
                                                  $800 in the prizepool.

If no more goals are scored, it's $200 apiece for

Villa 5 (Aya)
                                                  Sneijder 5 (cardshark)
                                                  Forlan 5 (cardshark)
                                                  Muller 5 (Flushdraw)

Ughh was trying to look at a deal but it doesn't work because you have 2 players involved you lucky swine

Comment

well if aya is open to something maybe we can come to an agreement

Comment

with klose not playing, this game could not have gone much better for wolves there with klose now solo in second place atm.
                                                      haha

Comment

well if aya is open to something maybe we can come to an agreement
                                                        I was going to say give $250 to Villa/Sneijder and Muller/Forlan take $150 before the final kicks off

Comment

I'll listen to see what aya has to say, if he comes on. I'll be around a bit tomorrow anyway.

Comment

I'll listen to see what aya has to say, if he comes on. I'll be around a bit tomorrow anyway.
                                                            I have no prob doin a deal I am sweatin on Villa/Spain double as it is

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                                                              I have no prob doin a deal I am sweatin on Villa/Spain double as it is
                                                              I'll be heading to the north about 1pm and will be gone for a few hours. Will be back online before the final kicks off. Providing there's no crazy scoring spree from an outsider, if Aya/CS want to do a deal, thank this post

Aya - $250
                                                              Cardshark - $250
                                                              Cardshark - $150
                                                              Flushdraw - $150

Comment

Sound lads, once no outsiders get involved i will ship tonight. Pokerstars ok for both or i can send on both stars/fulltilt if you want?

Comment

Sound lads, once no outsiders get involved i will ship tonight. Pokerstars ok for both or i can send on both stars/fulltilt if you want?
                                                                  Cheers tony, stars is fine.

Comment

Cheers tony, stars is fine.
                                                                    Reggie, stars sn same as on here? Aya, what's your sn?

Comment

Cheers Tony, stars sn: 1millonquid(Limerick)

Comment

yep same as here

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                                                                          Cheers Tony, stars sn: 1millonquid(Limerick)
                                                                          yep same as here
                                                                          $400 shipped to Reggie and $250 shipped to Ken. wp lads

Comment

Not to cause any problems as I am not sure how you are working this but Muller, won the Golden Boot outright, so if you are working it out like that, then there is only the one winner

Comment

#98
                                                                              Not to cause any problems as I am not sure how you are working this but Muller, won the Golden Boot outright, so if you are working it out like that, then there is only the one winner
                                                                              Nah, normal gambling rules apply here, not FIFA rules. And bookies pay it as a dead heat.

Edit : And they did a deal anyway.
                                                                              Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 12-07-10, 11:58.

Comment

#99
                                                                                A Muller win would have been sweet for me, but i didn't advertise this as a Golden Boot winner. See the highlighted part below

the idea is to choose the initial of the Surname of who you think will be top goalscorer. E.g. if you choose “R” you get Rooney, Ronaldo etc if you choose “T” you get Torres, Tevez etc.
                                                                                It would have a dead heat if we didn't deal before the final

Comment

Working...
                                                                                X