No announcement yet.

Football-betting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is only a handful of people on here i would trust to have bets with, if i dont know or trust you i will not bet with you simples.

Agree on a mod though.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Durkin View Post
      Fiorentina, Tommy and Lee were robbed. klose shouldnt even have been on the field

Plus Arsenal should have had a peno in the build up to porto's 2nd.

Lee you can ship tomorrow aswell as you said you wernt back in the city tomorrow

$310 is what i get Tommy when converted from euro. that ok?
      Shipped
      Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

In the Liverpool game you can get Unirea +2 at 5/6. I really Can't see Liverpool romping home.
        Knew i should have backed this but i didn't want to go against my own team.

Absolute crap we are.

Comment

Knew i should have backed this but i didn't want to go against my own team.

Absolute crap we are.
          I'm a diehard Pool fan and still took this. I saw what Urine did to Rangers twice. We were never gonna win big tonight.
          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
            I'm a diehard Pool fan and still took this. I saw what Urine did to Rangers twice. We were never gonna win big tonight.
            Was definitely good value. Nice result for you. A pool win and some cash

Comment

Yeah I think that was real good value. Had a good bit on Unirea in the handicaps anyway so

Comment

Bet Details - Rotherham to beat Torquay tonight
                Price - 8/11 (bet365)
                Amount - 110e to win 80e ($150 to win $110)
                Bet/Lay - I want to bet this
                Any monies outstanding currently - No
                Payment methods - Stars/Boyles

Quote and say booked if you want to take this!

Comment

Price - 8/11 (bet365)

Quick bump before i head out!

Comment

Price - 8/11 (bet365)

Booked

Comment

Might aswell get the bets up nice and early for tomorrow!

All odds taken from Coral

Bet Details - Treble
                      Newcastle to beat Preston 4/7
                      Colchester to beat Oldham 4/6
                      Rochdale to beat Dag and Red 8/13
                      Price - As above
                      Amount - My 100e to your 320e ($135 to your $435)

Bet Details - Treble
                      Norwich to beat Southampton 5/6
                      Swindon to beat Carlisle 4/5
                      Bournemouth to beat Macclesfield 4/7
                      Price - As above
                      Amount - My 100e to your 415e ($135 to your $560)

Quote and say booked if you want to take these!

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                        Booked
                        Sick stuff with the last minute goal but i can hardly complain after bayern's midweek!

Pm sent

Comment

Just to make it clear what my pm said to Tommygunne. I don't want to ship on stars so will be lodging 110e into his PP account tomorrow morning first thing. Im sure he will then post to confirm this has happened.

Comment

Lets buy money

Aston Villa 6 wins, 5 draws, 2 losses at home scoring 18 and conceding 8 play Burnley 0 wins, 1 draw, 12 losses away, scoring 8 and conceding 31. Villa are currently available on Betfair at 1.41. I cannot believe how good that price is.
                            20 points @ 1.41.

Other tasty bets

West Ham (4-4-4 at home and 20 for, 20 against) face Hull(0-4-9 with 7 for and 31 against). West Ham have won 2 and drawn 2 of their last 4 home games, beating Birmingham and Portsmouth, with a 0-0 against Blackburn and a 1-1 against Chelsea. I'm still not totally gone on West Ham though as their form is inconsistent but they have to be backed against a team with such a horrendous away record.
                            5 points at 1.88.

Blackburn(7-4-2) have been excellent at home and have been real value for a lot of their home games. They play Bolton (2-3-7) who have scored 12 and conceded 23 on the road . Blackburn who have scored 18 and conceded 12 at home already beat Bolton 2-0 at the Reebok this year so at home this looks a nailed on Blackburn win. And you won't believe the price!
                            10 points win @ 2.0 on Betfair.

Lay of the day

This is a statistical lay of course with some added news. Ashley Cole has been outstanding for Chelsea(6-3-4 22 for 14 against) this season and he is out, even bigger news is that Frank Lampard is also out, and add to that Deco, Alex, Bosingwa, Belletti and Essien are all out, and with so many key injuries at the present time and a huge game against Inter Milan next Wednesday I just don't see a fully committed Chelsea on this game.

Besides all that their form away from home has not been inspiring of late with 1 win 3 draws and 2 losses in their last six away games.
                            Meanwhile Wolves(4-3-6, 10 for 17 against) have 3 wins 1 draw and 2 losses in their last six at home.
                            The goals for and against give Chelsea less than a goal advantage in this game too.
                            Lay 20 points win on Chelsea at 1.39 to your 7.8 points.
                            Last edited by eagle eye; 20-02-10, 06:17.
                            'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Lay 20 points win on Chelsea at 1.39 to your 7.8 points.
                              What does this mean?

You want to bet Chelsea will lose?

Im a lay and stuff noob. Teach me.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                What does this mean?

It means that I have taken a bet from somebody that believes Chelsea will win. If the result is a draw or Wolves win, I win 20 points. If Chelsea win I lose 7.8 points.
                                'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                  What does this mean?

Eagle eye is acting as the bookie.

To make it simple. If you bet 200 quid and Chelsea won then you get back 278 so 78 profit.

If it's a draw or Wolves win you lose your 200.

I used to be cluse about the way betfair displayed their odds also.

1.39 = about 4/10
                                  2.0 = evens
                                  3.0 = 2/1
                                  3.5 = 5/2

Etc etc. Think i got that right.

Comment

Just to make it clear what my pm said to Tommygunne. I don't want to ship on stars so will be lodging 110e into his PP account tomorrow morning first thing. Im sure he will then post to confirm this has happened.
                                    110e shipped

Comment

mad feeling about 4-1 today in the Man u game. Last time I felt like this my horse fell at the 1st.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                        mad feeling about 4-1 today in the Man u game. Last time I felt like this my horse fell at the 1st.
                                        I feel the same. Everton looking really good this past while.

Comment

Bet Details - Treble
                                          Price - As above

Bet Details - Treble
                                          Price - As above

Bump

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                            I feel the same. Everton looking really good this past while.
                                            Almost

Bet Details - Treble
                                            Price - As above

Bet Details - Treble
                                            Price - As above

Bump again. Anyone?

Comment

stoke good value at 3.6 on betfair. good form lately and pompey seemingly without bel-haim,heirheidersonn, price-boateng and mokeana.i;ll wait to see the team news 1st.

Comment

I want Barca -1 goal tonight @ 8/13 my 130e to your 80e....any takers

Comment

Yup would have won 200euro+

Typical lol

Comment

Yup would have won 200euro+

Typical lol
                                                    If your bet was not taken on here why did you not place it online or in a bookies?

Comment

Originally posted by jackyback View Post
                                                      If your bet was not taken on here why did you not place it online or in a bookies?
                                                      No cash online. Went to the bookies first thing this morning to lodge cash into Tommygunne's acc then went to a friends house which is nowhere near a bookie.

Comment

No cash online. Went to the bookies first thing this morning to lodge cash into Tommygunne's acc then went to a friends house which is nowhere near a bookie.
                                                        Not been funny but you should not be looking for bets to be laid if you have no monies online.

Comment

Originally posted by jackyback View Post
                                                          Not been funny but you should not be looking for bets to be laid if you have no monies online.
                                                          If i keep money online i will play poker with it at levels i shouldn't be playing and lose. I lodge money straight away if i lose a bet and haven't had a problem with anyone thus far or never will.

Thanks for the suggestion tho...

Comment

If you were in a bookies would it not make sense to do the bet then, you would be up 200 then

Comment

Originally posted by Howard_Finkel View Post
                                                              If you were in a bookies would it not make sense to do the bet then, you would be up 200 then
                                                              Ive got every other bet on here laid and it was nice and early so id no reason to think this time would be any different. Perhaps things have changed tho and a certain Cork person has ruined what we had going here...

Comment

Did a few bets this morning, I think there's a lot of value about today:

As somebody said Villa are amazing at 1.4 given Burleys pretty pathetic away record.

My other premier league bet is under 1.5 goals market in the Fulham Birmingham games at 2.86. They're meeting at St Andrews was a tight affair and I can see similar here. Fulham have kept three clean sheets on the bounce and Birmingham have also kept it pretty tight all season so I reckon the game will be settled on the odd goal if any.

My NAP for the day would be Bari to beat Milan at 4.1. They're home form of late has been excellant winning 4/5 including a win over Juve and the draw was against Inter which there's no shame in. Milan are historically very poor after European games too which makes it even more appealing IMO. I also like the +3.5 goals in this game because both team have been scoring and conceeding quite freely recently.
                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Anyone any views on Malaga today against Espanyol?

Espanyols away record reads:

W L D GS GA
                                                                  1. 7. 2. 3. 15.

Malaga are evens and are not in any great form but i think Espanyols lack of goals away from home could make them the bet here??

Also like the look of West Brom at evens today away to Bristol City.

Comment

I have an awful lot riding on Villa now, along with the single bets I did one double and one treble and they are in both. West Ham in the treble and Blackburn in both.

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                                                                      Anyone any views on Malaga today against Espanyol?

Espanyols away record reads:

W L D GS GA
                                                                      1. 7. 2. 3. 15.

Malaga are evens and are not in any great form but i think Espanyols lack of goals away from home could make them the bet here??

Also like the look of West Brom at evens today away to Bristol City.
                                                                      good to see people using stats like that, best way. but i think the hightlighted bit above - means i wouldnt be backing an evens team. (i havnt looked at it at all)

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                                      I have an awful lot riding on Villa now, along with the single bets I did one double and one treble and they are in both. West Ham in the treble and Blackburn in both.
                                                                      if youve more than your comfortable with, then lay out of it a little. would you have this much on if it was a single~?
                                                                      GAA News Website

Comment

lol villa

Comment

lol villa
                                                                          If, like me, you are deep into Villa, you have to go in again now. Might as well go down fighting.

Comment

lay burnley now imo
                                                                            GAA News Website

Comment

I wasn't on Villa till they conceded, but took 1 point at 2.08 just after.

Have followed rekop dog on the under 1.5 goals in Fulham Birmingham and have also backed Fulham.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                                If, like me, you are deep into Villa, you have to go in again now. Might as well go down fighting.
                                                                                Form people. Got to check the form. Doesn't matter how bad Burnely are. Burnley are fighting for relegation and are boosted recently by an fa cup win, west ham win and a hearty display against chlsea.. Villa have drew 3 games in a row. Imo the players are just thinking about wembley and in turn arnt giving 100% as they dont want to get banned/injured etc.

Didn't fancy them at all.

Had a nice amount on Blackburn tho as they are pure class at home and Bolton on the other hand are dirt and dont have any goalscorer's.

Hope Villa wins for use tho if you have big money on.

Comment

Form people. Got to check the form. Doesn't matter how bad Burnely are. Burnley are fighting for relegation and are boosted recently by an fa cup win, west ham win and a hearty display against chlsea.. Villa have drew 3 games in a row. Imo the players are just thinking about wembley and in turn arnt giving 100% as they dont want to get banned/injured etc.

Didn't fancy them at all.

Had a nice amount on Blackburn tho as they are pure class at home and Bolton on the other hand are dirt and dont have any goalscorer's.

Hope Villa wins for use tho if you have big money on.
                                                                                  I'd read that but I'm forming an orderly queue at the payout counter.

Comment

She's only going one way now. Almost happy Burnley took the lead.
                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Gooooaaaal
                                                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

As im doing so well in football bets lately ill give my opinions on the other matches altho B'burn was the only bet i did today.

Fulham vs birmingham

Fulham have 9 goals in their last 3 games and are really in form. Wilst b'ham have been sluggish latley and not in the same form they were a few weeks ago, they will still be pushing hard for a place in europe.

exactly 2 or 3 goals at about 10/11 even money and Fulham to win at 15/13 would be my bets.

Man City vs Liverpool

Liverpool are renound for playing better against better teams. They have a pretty strong lineup and without tevez, City can't score goals and have been very poor in the league form. Liverpool at a best priced 7/4 with the bookies and under 2.5 goals at 8/11 looks good.

Wigan vs Spurs

Wigan havent won in 7 matches and this include a home loss to Notts County in the cup. Spurs are not in that great form either so this ones a tough one to call. Imo the fact spurs are going for CL spot, have players wanting to impress for South Africa and Wigan will still have the 9-1 thumping in mind from the reverse fixture. Id back Spurs to come away with a win here at 20/19.
                                                                                        Last edited by Guest; 21-02-10, 14:50.

Comment

Spurs vs Wigan, if ever there was a game that should have a large ‘Dont Bet On Me' sign it would be this one. I think I'd be more successful backing bowls!
                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Spurs and Man City are the two most mis-priced teams in the Premiership week in, week out. Continually over-bet.

Comment

Spurs and Man City are the two most mis-priced teams in the Premiership week in, week out. Continually over-bet.
                                                                                              Disagree, Blackburn at home are usually evens or 4/5 which is way overpriced. Outside the top four teams they are capable of beating anybody, they drew with Liverpool and beat Villa at Ewood this season.

Also while I don't normally bet on Spurs I am pretty tempted today. This is the team they hockeyed earlier this season, and Wigan are pretty bad imo.

Comment

I thought c-kid meant that their prices were too short each week. Maybe im wrong tho.

What price were Villa when they went 1 behind? Lucky start for B'ham against Fulham

Comment

Get in 3-1 sweeeeeeeet.

Edit 4-1 \0/
                                                                                                  Last edited by eagle eye; 21-02-10, 15:23.

Comment

What price were Villa when they went 1 behind? Lucky start for B'ham against Fulham
                                                                                                    2.08 immediately after the goal when I got on although they did hit 2.6 shortly before the equaliser.

Comment

Get in 3-1 sweeeeeeeet.

Edit 4-1 \0/
                                                                                                      Congrats

EDIT - 5-1 now. Could get embarrassing for Burnley
                                                                                                      Last edited by Guest; 21-02-10, 15:32.

Comment

Congrats

EDIT - 5-1 now. Could get embarrassing for Burnley
                                                                                                        surely 5-1 is embarrassing?

Comment

Originally posted by thedini View Post
                                                                                                          surely 5-1 is embarrassing?
                                                                                                          Don't call me Shirley!

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post

My NAP for the day would be Bari to beat Milan at 4.1. They're home form of late has been excellant winning 4/5 including a win over Juve and the draw was against Inter which there's no shame in. Milan are historically very poor after European games too which makes it even more appealing IMO. I also like the +3.5 goals in this game because both team have been scoring and conceeding quite freely recently.
                                                                                                            Don't think I can state strongly enough how much I fancy this. I'm going to stick my neck on the line Gimmeabreak style (hopefully with better consequences). I really think everyone should at least be on the draw no bet
                                                                                                            market at 2.82 if they don't want to go all in on the Bari win.

7.45 ESPN, get on!
                                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Gotta say I don't like that bet Rekop Dog. Just looking at Milan's form there and they have won 3 drawn 2 and lost 1 of their last six away league games. I notice Bari seem to be draw specialists against the big teams but the big reason I don't like this one is that Milan are coming off a Champion's league loss and I always fear teams like that.

Comment

Fo sho. I'd add in Birmingham a little too, but not so much any more.

Comment

As im doing so well in football bets lately ill give my opinions on the other matches altho B'burn was the only bet i did today.

Fulham vs birmingham

Fulham have 9 goals in their last 3 games and are really in form. Wilst b'ham have been sluggish latley and not in the same form they were a few weeks ago, they will still be pushing hard for a place in europe.

exactly 2 or 3 goals at about 10/11 even money and Fulham to win at 15/13 would be my bets.

Man City vs Liverpool

Liverpool are renound for playing better against better teams. They have a pretty strong lineup and without tevez, City can't score goals and have been very poor in the league form. Liverpool at a best priced 7/4 with the bookies and under 2.5 goals at 8/11 looks good.

Wigan vs Spurs

Wigan havent won in 7 matches and this include a home loss to Notts County in the cup. Spurs are not in that great form either so this ones a tough one to call. Imo the fact spurs are going for CL spot, have players wanting to impress for South Africa and Wigan will still have the 9-1 thumping in mind from the reverse fixture. Id back Spurs to come away with a win here at 20/19.
                                                                                                                  Had you 100euro on each of my bets you would have won about 300ish

Edit not to sure why im not doing football bets every day considering im running hot!
                                                                                                                  Last edited by Guest; 21-02-10, 19:06.

Comment

Gotta say I don't like that bet Rekop Dog. Just looking at Milan's form there and they have won 3 drawn 2 and lost 1 of their last six away league games. I notice Bari seem to be draw specialists against the big teams but the big reason I don't like this one is that Milan are coming off a Champion's league loss and I always fear teams like that.
                                                                                                                    Those stats are a little mid-leading as they stretch back to early November and a lot has change in four months . Milan where on a sick heater a while back getting a lot of very dubious penalties and opposing players sent off. Recent form is more important in their case where they've only won 1 in 5 and have been shipping plenty of goals.

And I don't know where your getting the line that they are draw specialists against big teams. They drew with Inter twice, drew away to Milan, beat Juventus at home and lost at Roma. So that's only one home draw against a ‘big team'.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by The Situation; 21-02-10, 19:08.
                                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Lots of fixtures for tues/wed/thurs night. Want to ask now will someone be willing to lay my bets? Can escrow of course if you arnt happy just playing the bets without money upfront.

Want to know by tommorrow night if possible so i can do them in the bookies if no-one here wants them.

There will more than likely be 2 or 3 100euro doubles/trebles

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
                                                                                                                        Don't think I can state strongly enough how much I fancy this. I'm going to stick my neck on the line Gimmeabreak style (hopefully with better consequences). I really think everyone should at least be on the draw no bet
                                                                                                                        market at 2.82 if they don't want to go all in on the Bari win.

7.45 ESPN, get on!
                                                                                                                        Ac Porto and Real to win at 4/1 is a decent saver bet
                                                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                          Ac Porto and Real to win at 4/1 is a decent saver bet
                                                                                                                          Where are you getting that price from?
                                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X