grand national 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
    Hmmm, I reckon he would be favourite. 6/4 maybe. Maybe less. Not sure tbh, I'd never make a bookie

Calgary Bay will win the national though
    Yeah it would be tough but I'd defo make him favourite.

Comment

10er e/w on Deep Purple.

Comment

cmonnnnnnnnnnnnn seabass, one time!!

Ah fuck it!
        Last edited by SatNav; 14-04-12, 15:35.
        Her sky-ness
        © 5starpool

Comment

backed 1st 3 home

mind you I had 15 done @ £1ew on each

was glad the 33/1 got up for ~£20 profit i think

thats the bottle vodka paid for .....................

Comment

Synchronized has been put down.

RIP to a fantastic horse

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
              I've gone with SHB at 18/1 and the GF has SB at 11/1
              Ugh. Thoroughly gutted.

Comment

ye sickener

Comment

richie you are allowed to hit him more than 1 slap from the elbow -great spin but horrible "driving" finish..

Comment

Mclernon is a good young jockey,but why did he only use his whip once in the last 150 yards,he should of won imo,Jacob driving and hitting his horse all the way to the line.

Comment

I can't understand it, he knows the horse well, may have thought it wouldn't help.
                      I guess he saw Seabass was beaten and it was only the Grey running on at all and didn't think it could catch him, by the time they got into a head bobber it was too late to be reaching for the stick.

Couple of sick beats for McManus.
                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                        Fuck him, feel for the lads who travel all over the country to ride 100/1 no hopers who'll never get near a National ride not to mind miss out 1 year.
                        ruby is a legend of irish racing to b abused by some clueless c**t like u he gives a dream to all them riding at ptp and these places.them guys that travel around the country have a job and get well paid for it.its not rubys fault he was better than avg in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by knokies View Post
                          ruby is a legend of irish racing to b abused by some clueless c**t like u he gives a dream to all them riding at ptp and these places.them guys that travel around the country have a job and get well paid for it.its not rubys fault he was better than avg in the game.
                          We get your point but calling someone a cunt isnt really helping your case.

Comment

Well paid? The top NH jocks make a fortune. The rest barely scrape by.

Comment

Originally posted by A_CitizenErased View Post
                              We get your point but calling someone a cunt isnt really helping your case.
                              coot is that ok
                              its a type of bird

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                Well paid? The top NH jocks make a fortune. The rest barely scrape by.
                                they get more than i do so its well paid dont know the going rate but it used to be 70 pound and 10% of the winnings do ur maths and that is well paid

Comment

they get more than i do so its well paid dont know the going rate but it used to be 70 pound and 10% of the winnings do ur maths and that is well paid
                                  70 per ride if u have more info for me im very interested

Comment

70 per ride if u have more info for me im very interested

Comment

The lad who gets one ride a week on a 100/1 shot must be doing pretty well for himself so

Comment

Originally posted by A_CitizenErased View Post
                                        im from around the way from jim bolgers thats was the rate a few years ago. do u have an idea what they get.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                          The lad who gets one ride a week on a 100/1 shot must be doing pretty well for himself so
                                          well i dont think they would b contracted to a stable now.the lad who gets 1 ride a week would be known as a stable hand and i dont think he works for nothing either

Comment

Lol there's so much in this simple sentence.
                                            For one, like him or hate him Ruby is a legend and he is so much better than your average jockey. Being at the top of your game always brings the haters. However these lads and girls are always just one fall away from the end of their careers, health or maybe worse so if they get paid more than you or me I for one wouldn't be complaining.
                                            Also the truth is that outside the top dozen NH (prob quite a bit less) in this country the rest struggle to get by, even if they are injury free. I think going rate used to be something like 80 on the flat and 115 over jumps plus prize money before Taxes and Expenses. Take a look sometime at the racing post and use your calculator, you'll see how little some of these folks make.

Comment

Originally posted by Arazi View Post
                                              Lol there's so much in this simple sentence.
                                              For one, like him or hate him Ruby is a legend and he is so much better than your average jockey. Being at the top of your game always brings the haters. However these lads and girls are always just one fall away from the end of their careers, health or maybe worse so if they get paid more than you or me I for one wouldn't be complaining.
                                              Also the truth is that outside the top dozen NH (prob quite a bit less) in this country the rest struggle to get by, even if they are injury free. I think going rate used to be something like 80 on the flat and 115 over jumps plus prize money before Taxes and Expenses. Take a look sometime at the racing post and use your calculator, you'll see how little some of these folks make.
                                              I thanked the Situation's post in question, and don't me wrong, i have the height of respect for Ruby as a jockey (most of the time). However, I'll save my sorrow for the journeyman who travels to Ballinrobe only to find his only ride that week is a non runner, or the guy who was a few years ago Champ apprentice and now finds themselves unable to get rides, not having much of a future in the game and largely uneducated so not much else outside of the sport. Stable workers are pretty badly paid for the hours and work involved too fwiw.

Comment

everyone has control of there own future so if a jockey wants to travel to sligo for a 5f sprint when he is 27 for 70 quid thats up to them.im sure by the time these guys leave school they know weather there going to make it in the game.

Comment

im sure by the time these guys leave school they know weather there going to make it in the game.
                                                  That's an incredibly naive statement, not just in terms of horse racing, but sporting careers in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil3 View Post
                                                    AGE 6 year olds haven't won since 1922 7 year olds haven't won since 1940 8 year olds only 1 win in last 18 years 13+ year olds only 2 wins in entire history and none have placed since 1969

The stats don't lend credit to 6, 7, 8 & 13+ year olds so we can eliminate these.

HORSES ELIMINATED:- ALFA BEAT, BLACK APALACHI, TATENEN, SHAKALAKABOOMBOOM, ON HIS OWN, ORGANISEDCONFUSION, QUISCOVER FONTAINE, THARAWAAT, VIKING BLOND, HELLO BUD, OUR ISLAND, SMOKING ACES & BALLYVESEY.

BREEDING French bred horses have only won once in the last 101 years

Apart from Mon Mome's anomaly, French bred's are ones to avoid in this race.

HORSES ELIMINATED: NEPTUNE COLLONGES, MON MOME, LE BEAU BAI & SWING BILL.

STAMINA Every winner since 1970 had previously won over a 3m+ distance

Comes as no surprise that a horse needs to be proven over a staying distance to win this. Changed recently so all entrants need to have finished in the first 4 in a 3m chase so it won't eliminate many this time.

HORSES ELIMINATED:- SEABASS, BECAUSEICOULDNTSEE & IN COMPLIANCE

FITNESS Last 29 winners of race had all run in the 50 days previous.

Very hard to run well in this stamina sapping race without having at least a warm up race.

HORSES ELIMINATED: CALGARY BAY, CHICAGO GREY, WEST END ROCKER, ALWAYS RIGHT, CAPPA BLEU, TREACLE, ARBOR SUPREME, STATE OF PLAY, GILES CROSS, VIC VENTURI & ANY CURRENCY

OFFICIAL RATING Last 11 winners were all officially rated 136+

Must have shown a decent amount of ability previously.

HORSES ELIMINATED: NEPTUNE EQUESTER, ABBEYBRANEY & SADDLERS STORM.

CHASE EXPERIENCE Last 11 winners had all previously ran in 10 or more chases

Not surprisingly the winner can't have any weakness in his jumping and that comes from experience.

HORSES ELIMINATED: SYNCHRONISED, WEIRD AL & JUNIOR

BIG FIELD & RACE WINNER Last 11 winners had previously won a race with 12+ runners and worth over £17k.

A horse who's won a big prize whilst in a big field has a big experience boost here.

HORSES ELIMINATED: PLANET OF SOUND, DEEP PURPLE, THE MIDNIGHT CLUB, KILLYGLEN, POSTMASTER & MIDNIGHT HAZE

FALLS Last 11 winners had all never fallen more than once in their career

Unsurprisingly you want to be backing a horse with a good jumping record.

HORSES ELIMINATED: ALWAYS WAINING

CHECK We are now down to the Final 4 of BALLABRIGGS, ACCORDING TO PETE, RARE BOB & SUNNYHILLBOY. It becomes a bit difficult to split these with a definitive reason.

All the last 10 winners have received at least 7lbs from the top weighted horse AND have ran 3 to 6 times since September of that season. ELIMINATE BALLABRIGGS

British bred horses have almost as poor record French with no wins and only 6 places in the last 10 years (French 1 win, 5 places). ELIMINATE ACCORDING TO PETE

This now leaves us with RARE BOB and Sunnyhillboy.

I’m inclined to go with Rare Bob who is the best age with 10 year olds winning 5 of the last 10 races and has the benefit of having experience over the “National” fences like 6 of the last 10 winners.
                                                    well played well almost anyways!
                                                    Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Originally posted by amberleaf View Post
                                                      cheers not my own work though got it from a group im a member off..few great minds in it! made a bit from the each way but ahhh right on the line ha! have the photo not sure how to post it here incase anyone hasnt seen the official one was gutted! well onto the next one
                                                      http://formbet.co.uk?ap_id=Filly10 Horse Racing Ratings

Comment

cheers not my own work though got it from a group im a member off..few great minds in it! made a bit from the each way but ahhh right on the line ha! have the photo not sure how to post it here incase anyone hasnt seen the official one was gutted! well onto the next one

You can scrap that one for next year

I had a different selection process and ended up with Seabass and SunnyHillBoy. The last 500m was huge excitment, followed by extreme sickness

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

You can scrap that one for next year

I had a different selection process and ended up with Seabass and SunnyHillBoy. The last 500m was huge excitment, followed by extreme sickness
                                                          yeh be alot harded next year id say..a good few of the trends were broken this year not only with the winner but with seabass aswel..never won over 3m and ran a cracker. sure will wait till next year and see what it brings up

yeeh it was huge excitment but ahhh heartbroken i was..!!
                                                          http://formbet.co.uk?ap_id=Filly10 Horse Racing Ratings

Comment

AGE 6 year olds haven't won since 1922 7 year olds haven't won since 1940 8 year olds only 1 win in last 18 years 13+ year olds only 2 wins in entire history and none have placed since 1969

The stats don't lend credit to 6, 7, 8 & 13+ year olds so we can eliminate these.

HORSES ELIMINATED:- ALFA BEAT, BLACK APALACHI, TATENEN, SHAKALAKABOOMBOOM, ON HIS OWN, ORGANISEDCONFUSION, QUISCOVER FONTAINE, THARAWAAT, VIKING BLOND, HELLO BUD, OUR ISLAND, SMOKING ACES & BALLYVESEY.

Apart from Mon Mome's anomaly, French bred's are ones to avoid in this race.

HORSES ELIMINATED: NEPTUNE COLLONGES, MON MOME, LE BEAU BAI & SWING BILL.

STAMINA Every winner since 1970 had previously won over a 3m+ distance

Comes as no surprise that a horse needs to be proven over a staying distance to win this. Changed recently so all entrants need to have finished in the first 4 in a 3m chase so it won't eliminate many this time.

HORSES ELIMINATED:- SEABASS, BECAUSEICOULDNTSEE & IN COMPLIANCE

FITNESS Last 29 winners of race had all run in the 50 days previous.

Very hard to run well in this stamina sapping race without having at least a warm up race.

HORSES ELIMINATED: CALGARY BAY, CHICAGO GREY, WEST END ROCKER, ALWAYS RIGHT, CAPPA BLEU, TREACLE, ARBOR SUPREME, STATE OF PLAY, GILES CROSS, VIC VENTURI & ANY CURRENCY

OFFICIAL RATING Last 11 winners were all officially rated 136+

Must have shown a decent amount of ability previously.

HORSES ELIMINATED: NEPTUNE EQUESTER, ABBEYBRANEY & SADDLERS STORM.

CHASE EXPERIENCE Last 11 winners had all previously ran in 10 or more chases

Not surprisingly the winner can't have any weakness in his jumping and that comes from experience.

HORSES ELIMINATED: SYNCHRONISED, WEIRD AL & JUNIOR

BIG FIELD & RACE WINNER Last 11 winners had previously won a race with 12+ runners and worth over £17k.

A horse who's won a big prize whilst in a big field has a big experience boost here.

HORSES ELIMINATED: PLANET OF SOUND, DEEP PURPLE, THE MIDNIGHT CLUB, KILLYGLEN, POSTMASTER & MIDNIGHT HAZE

FALLS Last 11 winners had all never fallen more than once in their career

Unsurprisingly you want to be backing a horse with a good jumping record.

HORSES ELIMINATED: ALWAYS WAINING

CHECK We are now down to the Final 4 of BALLABRIGGS, ACCORDING TO PETE, RARE BOB & SUNNYHILLBOY. It becomes a bit difficult to split these with a definitive reason.

All the last 10 winners have received at least 7lbs from the top weighted horse AND have ran 3 to 6 times since September of that season. ELIMINATE BALLABRIGGS

British bred horses have almost as poor record French with no wins and only 6 places in the last 10 years (French 1 win, 5 places). ELIMINATE ACCORDING TO PETE

This now leaves us with RARE BOB and Sunnyhillboy.

I’m inclined to go with Rare Bob who is the best age with 10 year olds winning 5 of the last 10 races and has the benefit of having experience over the “National” fences like 6 of the last 10 winners.
                                                            Originally posted by amberleaf View Post
                                                            would'nt worry about it lad,if you keep that level of preparation and research into your horse/sports betting,you'll do grand!
                                                            Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Working...
                                                            X