Irish Poker Boards
Irish Open 2020
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Poker > Live Tournaments and Events > Irish Poker Festivals

Old 29-06-10, 14:51   #41
NuckChorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabecraig View Post
Do you guy not think the Thurs/Fri offers the best ROI to win entry?

Tonight's re-buy is a little pricey considering the same offer was on last night for 1/2 price.
Think Thursday and Friday's games are the exact same as tonight but with shorter clock. Also tonight has 5 guaranteed tickets, more than those days. I'm guessing you thought they were freezeouts.
NuckChorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-10, 14:53   #42
sickhabbit

That's correct, I did, it doesn't specify on either of those nights and it does on the Mon/Tue nights. So the natural conclusion is that they're not I would have thought.
sickhabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-10, 14:53   #43
NuckChorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostface ste View Post
Damo getting 2 outered is super standard i'd say and i'm sure you have about 10 tickets for this already.

I don't get how the structure is the same tonight for what is double the buy in and rebuy, sure you'd prob be spending 100 quid as opposed to 50 which i won't be doing for a 250 game. Will try make it in Wed
Yeah, it's not great conisdering the option is there to still play a 10 re-buy one. I'll be there due to the guaranteed tickets but will prob come in late (two mins before the break) and buy in, re-buy and top-up and play it as a 60 freezeout with approx 7.5k chips.
Old 29-06-10, 14:55   #44
NuckChorris

Quote:
That's correct, I did, it doesn't specify on either of those nights and it does on the Mon/Tue nights. So the natural conclusion is that they're not I would have thought.
Original post wasn't clear alright. I went from this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmet02 View Post
All the satellites are Freezeouts or whats the story there?

May well try and sat in for the craic, never really played a decent tournament of note.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Paul View Post
No Emmet, they will all be rebuys.
Old 29-06-10, 15:23   #45
IPB Champ
Not anytime soon

Considering playing the main event. If Ste qualifies there's no doubt I'll be there with bells on
IPB Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-10, 15:29   #46
sickhabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuckChorris View Post
Original post wasn't clear alright. I went from this...
Ah, I dig it. I've been offered a ticket anyway but refused. Gonna maybe try Wed/Fri night combo as can't make tonight.
Old 29-06-10, 15:49   #47
DAMO72
Poker Face ringtone

And the Bubble Boy is back . Allthough it is totally my own fault .

I played far too passive last nite which i tend to do in satelites . It wasnt an easy spot for me stuck between dumb and dumber and also Ken with a stack and position on me . I still think my fold with the AQ to your all in was the correct decision in that spot , if i have more chips i probably snap it off but i just felt i could fold there and pick a better spot to chip up from the button with 13 left and 6 seats up for grabs.

My strategy had worked out fine until the young gun full of cum finds a call with T9 off in the BB to my utg shove with KJ . The board runs out J944 and then boom the 2 outer 9 falls on the river to be greeted with a fist pump and a big yesssss almost in congratulations of his brilliant call. Of course i want him to call all day long but some of these kids just dont understand the dynamics of a satellite and are still playing for 1st place .

These are soft sats and good value for anyone with a half a brain and a small bit of run good to ping a ticket for 20 or 30 euro. Obviously i just dont have half a brain and my run good button is broken again. All in all i still enjoyed the game , had a good bit of craic with Ken and Ronan and and had the pleasure of meeting Brian Byrne when he dealt my first table ( nice young man and a competent dealer).

I will most likely be up on friday night for the Omaha event . I have a free entry there for wed nights sat which i wont be up for , so if any of you guy's are heading in wed night let me know and you can use it . I know it's only a tenner but it's there anyway.

Damo.
DAMO72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 29-06-10, 15:50   #48
ghostface
Drunken assault fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuckChorris View Post
Yeah, it's not great conisdering the option is there to still play a 10 re-buy one. I'll be there due to the guaranteed tickets but will prob come in late (two mins before the break) and buy in, re-buy and top-up and play it as a 60 freezeout with approx 7.5k chips.
Interesting, might go with this myself. I assume standard 1st 3 levels for rebuys? I hope Voodoo are paying you Ronan for the superb promotional work

Quote:
Originally Posted by J10spades View Post
Considering playing the main event. If Ste qualifies there's no doubt I'll be there with bells on
I always welcome your dead money Carl
ghostface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-10, 15:52   #49
sickhabbit

Damo, did you find the fistpump out of order or just a standard ITM celebration?
Old 29-06-10, 15:58   #50
DAMO72
Poker Face ringtone

Quote:
Damo, did you find the fistpump out of order or just a standard ITM celebration?
Probably the latter really , He's a nice enough lad . Im probably just trying to make myself fell better about being 2 outered by having a little rant.
Old 29-06-10, 16:01   #51
sickhabbit

Yeah, I was there and I don't think it was personal. It's a pain that you got that far, got it in good and get 2 outered followed by the celebration. I think everybody else at the table were humble enough though. Unlucky again.
Thanks From:
Old 29-06-10, 16:04   #52
DAMO72
Poker Face ringtone

Quote:
Yeah, I was there and I don't think it was personal. It's a pain that you got that far, got it in good and get 2 outered followed by the celebration. I think everybody else at the table were humble enough though. Unlucky again.
Were you on the FT or railing ?
Old 29-06-10, 16:06   #53
freerollerrr

Damo u grinded that stack out unbelievably last night lol. Dont think iv ever seen ya that nitty in my life and v unlucky in the end. was nice to scoop the ticket myself for 30 quid
freerollerrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 29-06-10, 16:11   #54
sickhabbit

On the rail, one of the guys on FT felted me in about 15th I'd say. I had an awful night, bluffed away my stack and played an awful hand when I was cold called from BB with a small PP, the board is was all over the BBs cold-calling range. Just f**king awful play.
Old 29-06-10, 16:15   #55
NuckChorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostface ste View Post
Interesting, might go with this myself. I assume standard 1st 3 levels for rebuys? I hope Voodoo are paying you Ronan for the superb promotional work
I'm just happy to have decent crowds in for tournaments in the place that's become my regular spot. Just stay away from the cash Omaha games when they get going - those I don't share!!

3 levels for entry so 9.25 should be the target if doing it that way. Thinking about it I might head in for half an hour before break and swear to myself to only play KK and AA (but don't think I could) as chips stack would be the same or very similar. Might also take 3-4 mins to decide how to play every hand
Old 30-06-10, 09:14   #56
sickhabbit

You get a ticket? ^^^

Last edited by sickhabbit; 30-06-10 at 12:27.
Old 30-06-10, 12:25   #57
TommyGunne

What time does day 2 of the ME start? It decides whether I play or not.
Old 30-06-10, 12:29   #58
Voodoo Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyGunne View Post
What time does day 2 of the ME start? It decides whether I play or not.
Hi Tommy, Day 2 restarts on Sunday at 3pm.
Old 30-06-10, 14:27   #59
ghostface
Drunken assault fan

Right, defo heading in tonight for the sat!!
ghostface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-10, 14:33   #60
NuckChorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickhabbit View Post
You get a ticket? ^^^
Nope. 99<66, JJ<JJ, two pair into straight and finally AJ<Q10 gave me an early exit. Might give it one more a spin tonight along with the cash league final if possible. Have an option to play for someone as their 50/50 horse and looks like that's the way I'll be playing this weekend.

Hopefully that's my bad running out of the way and I get a bracelet or two between now and Sunday!!!

Irish Poker Boards > Poker > Live Tournaments and Events > Irish Poker Festivals