Irish Poker Boards
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Community, Tech, and Feedback > Community & Games

Old 03-05-19, 08:34   #1621
Goodluck2me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Western_Sean View Post
No I haven't looks like one for the list though.
For gettting away from it all itís excellent and the food and local walks are really nice. Bento box on one night and tasting menu the next if you stay for a weekend. No phone coverage and no TVs anywhere also.
Goodluck2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 15-05-19, 10:18   #1622
Gimmeabreak
Chief Tipster

Visited Two Cooks in Sallins last night with Strewelpeter. Excellent food, can highly recommend. Worth a trip for it.
Gimmeabreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-19, 18:33   #1623
BennyHiFi

Noticed Nico's Italian restaurant on Dame Street had given way to a new Bunsen, currently being fitted out.

Not many places in Dublin left that can lay claim to being over 50 years old.

Great news for the stag parties that there's another hot meat sandwich joint right beside Bobo's Burgers and opposite Rick's Burgers.

Last edited by BennyHiFi; 15-05-19 at 18:53.
BennyHiFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-19, 18:43   #1624
ghostface
Drunken assault fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyHiFi View Post
Noticed Nico's Italian restaurant on Dame Street had given way to a new Bunsun, currently being fitted out.

Not many places in Dublin left that can lay claim to being over 50 years old.

Great news for the stag parties that there's another hot meat sandwich joint right beside Bobo's Burgers and opposite Rick's Burgers.
Scandalous to try and lump Bunsen together with those establishments!!
ghostface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-19, 19:13   #1625
BennyHiFi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostface View Post
Scandalous to try and lump Bunsen together with those establishments!!
It's a better burger, sure but it's still just something to eat before or after a rake of pints (at least where it's situated that'll be the draw).

I'd imagine the rent is pricey and given Crackbird closed just a few doors up not that long ago - at least in part due to rent pressure - Bunsen will need to sell a lot of burgers to make it work.

In saying that Thunder Road, TGI Friday, Bad Ass Cafe and Hard Rock are all within a tourist/stag stroll and all charge premium wonga for fairly ordinary fare so Bunsen could be a beacon in the fast food pea-souper that the Temple Bar/Dame Street area has become.
BennyHiFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-19, 08:09   #1626
Silver-Tiger

In Ananda last night.

Still there.
Still busy.
Still churning out top class food.

Still a podium Indian in Dublin imo.
Silver-Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-19, 13:38   #1627
Raoul Duke III
The King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
In Ananda last night.

Still there.
Still busy.

I have never been.

Still putting in a good word for Kerala Kitchen though. Great spot.
Old 16-05-19, 14:02   #1628
Rufio

Quote:
In Ananda last night.

Still there.
Still busy.

Have never been, but Kinara, Pickle, AN Other IMO...
Rufio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-19, 14:35   #1629
Denny Crane
Undefeated

Ananda and Kerala are two different experiences imo.

Denny Crane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-19, 16:17   #1630
Tar.Aldarion

Send a message via MSN to Tar.Aldarion Send a message via Skype™ to Tar.Aldarion
Quote:
In Ananda last night.

Still there.
Still busy.

Yeah I wrote a review of them on here a while back, it was absolutely amazing and they just had whipped the menu up for one night.

Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 16-05-19 at 16:20.
Tar.Aldarion is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Thanks From:
Old 17-05-19, 01:01   #1631
NewApproach

Ananda is superb, but even still, slightly ashamed to say I once went there three times in six days...
NewApproach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-19, 16:54   #1632
Goodluck2me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmeabreak View Post
Visited Two Cooks in Sallins last night with Strewelpeter. Excellent food, can highly recommend. Worth a trip for it.
There was a lovely restaurant in Naas once upon a time too, La Maison perhaps. Ever eaten there, how would it compare?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyHiFi View Post
It's a better burger, sure but it's still just something to eat before or after a rake of pints (at least where it's situated that'll be the draw).

I'd imagine the rent is pricey and given Crackbird closed just a few doors up not that long ago - at least in part due to rent pressure - Bunsen will need to sell a lot of burgers to make it work.

In saying that Thunder Road, TGI Friday, Bad Ass Cafe and Hard Rock are all within a tourist/stag stroll and all charge premium wonga for fairly ordinary fare so Bunsen could be a beacon in the fast food pea-souper that the Temple Bar/Dame Street area has become.
Bunsen is the best you can get in burgers for me, puts FergBurger to shame, Wahlburger probably comes closest but not as good. Itís just to fresh and no nonsense.
Thanks From:
Old 22-06-19, 22:12   #1633
zuutroy
Minor Local Celebrity

Wife booked us into Forest and Marcy for the anniversary tonight. Walked in and was a bit sketchy that it was all high stools and we were seated at the counter. Food was great though, way above expectations. Major miss with the wine though. Saw a 2005 Bordeaux in their 'cabinet' section that looked great value (ie much less than the usual restaurant 3x markup on shop prices) and as we go out so rarely I said feck it we'll give it a go. We're subsequently presented with the 2015 which sells for half the price. I brought it to the waiter's attention and he's like 'oh I never noticed that on the menu, it's a mistake'. If I wasn't the meekest fucker in the world when it comes to confrontation I would have made something of it as they basically conned me out of €30 or so.
Anyway, good food if your back can stick 2 hours on a stool.
Old Yesterday, 11:20   #1634
Goodluck2me

Went for lunch in Forest Avenue a few weeks back, had the tasting menu with wines and it was absolutely top drawer. Great selection and variety of courses, should have taken better notes at that time but Iíd certainly go back. It isnít cheap but still felt like decent value.
Old Yesterday, 15:08   #1635
Tar.Aldarion

Send a message via MSN to Tar.Aldarion Send a message via Skype™ to Tar.Aldarion
Was bought a dine in the dark tasting menu with wine pairing in Barcelona for my birthday, will be going in a few weeks can't wait. Anybody done any before? Always wanted to try that.

They mentioned how much trouble people have to tell the difference between red and white wine, even rose. Looking forward to that!
Without sight I'll be fecked for the food too.

I was using a friends sommellier training kit recently, just a box of vials of tonnes of vials of liquids that smell of a different food each. If you smell them without looking at the names you are there smelling and it is so familiar but you can't name what it is for most of them.
Then when you are told all your memories come flooding to you and it was so obvious all along, very cool.

Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; Yesterday at 15:12.
Tar.Aldarion is offline   Reply With Quote

Irish Poker Boards > Community, Tech, and Feedback > Community & Games