No announcement yet.

Snooker betting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had spells were i thought Virgo, Thorne, Taylor, Joe Johsnon etc are the worst commentators ever, but i've been stuck listending to Mike Hallet for the past couple of days on Eurosport.....and it's not even close.

He is literally the most clueless person i have even listened to. The amount of errors he makes is off the scale.

'This plant's not on. Or is it? Nope. Yes it is, good shot.'
    'He didn't leave anything. Well, nothing easy. Apart from one to the centre and one to the corner'
    'He just needs to pink, so won't need the tricky black' - Yes he does Mike
    'Good shot if it slows down. Yep good shot' - No Mike, it was a fkin awful shot
    'Could be a snooker here' - Finishes 3 foot away from being a snooker Mike
    'Where's the cueball going!' - About 2 foot away from the pocket Mike
    'Could be a rerack here' - No Mike, he has a 30 point lead
    'He hasn't come back far enough, or has he.' - Of course he did, it's not even close Mike
    'This red is going to be on' - What? On the fkin cushion Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
      I hope so. I'm on him too.

If all else fails, i think this bet is fairly safe. We're on 79 centuries. Should have went bigger

...What odds was this out of curiosity?...They will get close to a century of centuries...

Comment

I've had spells were i thought Virgo, Thorne, Taylor, Joe Johsnon etc are the worst commentators ever, but i've been stuck listending to Mike Hallet for the past couple of days on Eurosport.....and it's not even close.

He is literally the most clueless person i have even listened to. The amount of errors he makes is off the scale.

'This plant's not on. Or is it? Nope. Yes it is, good shot.'
        'He didn't leave anything. Well, nothing easy. Apart from one to the centre and one to the corner'
        'He just needs to pink, so won't need the tricky black' - Yes he does Mike
        'Good shot if it slows down. Yep good shot' - No Mike, it was a fkin awful shot
        'Could be a snooker here' - Finishes 3 foot away from being a snooker Mike
        'Where's the cueball going!' - About 2 foot away from the pocket Mike
        'Could be a rerack here' - No Mike, he has a 30 point lead
        'He hasn't come back far enough, or has he.' - Of course he did, it's not even close Mike
        'This red is going to be on' - What? On the fkin cushion Mike
        Never forgiven him losing a 9 1 lead to Hendry lo lose 10 9 . Had the money spent and all

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
          ...What odds was this out of curiosity?...They will get close to a century of centuries...
          Was 1.9 for both over/under

Comment

Good commentators:

Foulds, Hendon, Hendry, McManus....also kind of like Dale.

The rest are awful.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
              Good commentators:

Foulds, Hendon, Hendry, McManus....also kind of like Dale.

The rest are awful.
              I agree. And although Joe Johnson is bad I like him and enjoy listening to him as he has levity along with a calming voice like hes commentating on a carp fishing programme. The only one I cant listen to is Virgo so im usually watching on Eurosport.
              Like Dale too, lot of feeling in his commentary. ''Oh dear''.....'

Comment

Ronnie is in the commentary box on Eurosport for tonight's session btw.

Shaun Murphy was doing some earlier in the week and was pretty decent too.

Comment

Selby eas on early in the week and thought he was good to. Needs a bit of direction, talking in the shot occasionally etc but he added something new.
                  Too many good commentators and I think it be a good time to clear out Virgo, Taylor etc but its not as if bbc have much snooker anymore.

Comment

Had Murphy in my ear for 3 of the sessions I was at. Not a fan. Comes across very false with his 'our game' shtick.

Comment

Ronnie is in the commentary box on Eurosport for tonight's session btw.

Shaun Murphy was doing some earlier in the week and was pretty decent too.
                      Joe Johnson got binned after 2 frames, and Ronnie was in for the start of this one.

Comment

Get in Higgins. Wouldnt have predicted 14 all when it was 10-6. Gilbert still knocking in some savage pots but maybe nerves just kicking in a little for him

Comment

Originally posted by limpwhacker
                          There's only 1 winner here ....There's no substitute for experience in life or in snooker.... Hope Gilbert gets to 15 tho ... The bad news from your point of view dobby is that Frankel chins you out in the final
                          Idgaf, I've only got a tenner on. Would be nice to have something to cheer while watching the final if he gets there. If he wins it, it's just a bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                            Idgaf, I've only got a tenner on. Would be nice to have something to cheer while watching the final if he gets there. If he wins it, it's just a bonus.
                            Your listening to too much post game gaa interviews.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                              Your listening to too much post game gaa interviews.
                              Lol, if I'd more than a tenner on it might matter more

Comment

What's the Frankel reference to Judd btw? I dont get it.

Comment

Great break here.

Comment

Joe Johnson. Made a lot of dodgy calls today.

Comment

Frame 31 was a classic.... It's that bad it's funny ... Eurosport commentator after Higgins needs 3 snookers gets 2 .... "The yellow is in a great place for snookers but he needs the pink in " when pots the pink he has to play the yellow...what's the eejits name FD / AJ
                                      He meant it was in a great place to hit it to play a snooker, once he pot the pink, and he was right. It was in the perfect place, just got unlucky with the double kiss

Comment

Frame 31 was a classic.... It's that bad it's funny ... Eurosport commentator after Higgins needs 3 snookers gets 2 .... "The yellow is in a great place for snookers but he needs the pink in " when pots the pink he has to play the yellow...what's the eejits name FD / AJ
                                        It's Joe Johnson and Dave Hendon (mis)calling the shots on ES

Comment

Balls. Of. Steel. Get in!! Best value I've ever had gambling a tenner. Pints and snooker tomorrow. Hangover and snooker Monday.

Comment

That was epic, nothing is like the Crucible.

Comment

Trump will shit the bed against him in the final if he gets there. He's Jimmy White mark 2
                                              Profit before people.

Comment

...Absolutely quality semi final that was...Both players crying after that... And next year Higgins could make massive history, be the only player to win the world championship in 4 different decades...

Comment

Nobody will be kicking them self more than Marcel Eckardt after that match. Dropping the ball marker and hitting a red with it. He kept a brave face but there will be a lot of self flagellation after that one.

Comment

If Higgins wins will someone make sure to get a video of Finkles head exploding
                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                      If Higgins wins will someone make sure to get a video of Finkles head exploding
                                                      It cannot be allowed to happen.

Also I have a soft spot for Phil Yates style of commentary. Foulds and McManus are the beat

Comment

Originally posted by Wesley Harms View Post
                                                        It cannot be allowed to happen.

Also I have a soft spot for Phil Yates style of commentary. Foulds and McManus are the beat
                                                        Why can't it be allowed to happen?

Comment

I think you are my new favourite random drunken poster, limpwhacker.
                                                          Drop the ellipses though, it's already been taken as a device.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                            I think you are my new favourite random drunken poster, limpwhacker.
                                                            Drop the ellipses though, it's already been taken as a device.
                                                            ...Imitation is the best form of flattery...

Comment

Fantastic opening session. 4 centuries and some good tactical battles. Shaping up to be a classic

Comment

Jimmy White is so easy to buzz off.

Comment

Why the fuck are you calling Trump Frankel. You can’t just give people random names and expect it to fly

Comment

Thought I was missing something with the Frankel reference. Nice to see it seems to be random

Comment

Not sure if its priced right or wrong cos I've no idea about the type of market but Boyles have over 8.5 match centuries at 6/5 and the unders at 8/13. We've already had 4 so need 5 more to get the overs is very possible imo. Had a nibble off it anyway.

Comment

Only 3 more centuries needed now.

Comment

Maybe I should let John know Trumps weaknesses

Comment

Mike Hallett good too. Hes learning new shots all the time by seeing them.

Comment

On nights like this you wonder what might have been

Comment

Originally posted by Wesley Harms View Post
                                                                                On nights like this you wonder what might have been
                                                                                Yeah especially if the lock of 2019 got to the final

Comment

All over bar the shouting. Judd in inspired form. Hed be a worthy champion fully deserving.

Comment

Good seats for both semi-finals to a close next year...sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                      Good seats for both semi-finals to a close next year...sweet!
                                                                                      ...Fair play, out of curiosity did you use a link that put you in a queue or the one below it...I'm going to the Tuesday quarter finals, looking forward to it...

Comment

Just the main page...about 1 minute to 9 all of the days went from 'on sale 6th may' to 'buy tickets'. I didn't have to queue at all. When I went back in for another look the queue was 5000 long.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                          ...Fair play, out of curiosity did you use a link that put you in a queue or the one below it...I'm going to the Tuesday quarter finals, looking forward to it...
                                                                                          Quarter final tickets secured thanks to luckforsome. Andy and a m8 of his in also. IPB jolly well and truly on.

Comment

Absolute shot by Higgins there. Missed the easiest shot of the break then.

Just need 1 more century for my over 8.5 match centuries bet to come in. Would be a nice consolation since it doesn't look like Higgins is gonna win.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                              Not sure if its priced right or wrong cos I've no idea about the type of market but Boyles have over 8.5 match centuries at 6/5 and the unders at 8/13. We've already had 4 so need 5 more to get the overs is very possible imo. Had a nibble off it anyway.
                                                                                              Winner winner. Nice to have it sorted early.

Comment

Wow, what a shot from Trump on that 3rd last red

Love these 147 efforts!

Last edited by Flushdraw; 06-05-19, 15:39.

Comment

Higgins doing nothing wrong here but Trump has found another level. Ridiculously high standard. Unreal to watch and all its missing is a 147

Comment

Some turnaround from nearly being dumped out in the first round, he was out of this world in the final tbf.

Cant begrudge his fans collecting for once as he's been the worst value in snooker for the guts of a decade.
                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Nice to see Judd win. The form line was always strong

Comment

Did someone tell this clown he was funny??

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                                                                                                          Did someone tell this clown he was funny??
                                                                                                          I barely read any of it. He’s not been around long enough to know which form line I’m talking about. Probably block him

Comment

Interesting miss rule situation.

First 2 attempts at the yellow. Then he has a crack at the black.

Watch the 2nd clip first.

Comment

In hindsight 1 shot at the yellow was the play and then he would have had relative comfort on the black.

Comment

If he had hit the black, even with the miscue and hitting the other balls with the woodwork, would it be considered a frame losing foul?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                  If he had hit the black, even with the miscue and hitting the other balls with the woodwork, would it be considered a frame losing foul?
                                                                                                                  No

Comment

Big frame for William's so its 7-6 instead of 8-5 at the break. Unlucky the way it was laid out for him there

Comment

2 in a row William's built up a little lead and Murphy came in with a big clearance. That should be that at 8-5

Comment

Entertaining match.

Comment

Ah sure. What do I know off to a decider

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X