Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
    2nd hand info. The person that told us about it overheard her and her equally scumbaggy boyfriend beating the shit out of each other over it.

Begged us not to say anything as she's terrified of her.

Have honestly never experienced a more repugnant human.
    It sounds like you guys have been extremely unlucky. That's such a dreadful position to be in, I feel for ye.

What can anyone even do with a person like that?

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
      Anyone fancy helping the homeless while we're on topic store.subset.ie has art prints from grey area project as well as t shirts and that. Helping two good causes.
      That's cool, got a couple.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
        €50 a head - we'll go on the honour system

Winner is first team to 15 EPL total goals at the end of a match.

If more than one team reaches it in the same matchweek it will go on -
        A) which match was played first
        B) minute the 15th goal was scored if matches kicked off at the same time

If your team goes over 15 during a match your next target will be 30.

5 teams not included - Brighton, Watford, Huddersfield, Cardiff & Fulham.

Think that's everything - glgl (sent Flushdraw a pre-randomized list as a neutral observer)
        Actually goes on KO time then minute as per above....

Comment

Anyone fancy helping the homeless while we're on topic store.subset.ie has art prints from grey area project as well as t shirts and that. Helping two good causes.
          Ugh, I clicked onto that fully expecting/intending to buy a print but just got bewildered and disheartened by how shit the website is and gave up.

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          Or there was an election coming.
          They are definitely in giveaway mode - PR-wise at least making it sound like that - going by the announcements I'm seeing in my twitter feed at the moment.

Some good stuff in there like investment in sports infrastructure for schools (separate Shane Ross slush fund for hockey pitches in South Dublin presumably) and what sounds like really good plans for libraries:

FG get a lot right in fairness.

Comment

Wow!

This explains, why, when we see pictures of hurricane damage in North Carolina, instead of sympathising we should laugh our fucking asses off.
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                That's cool, got a couple.
                Me too. The Omin one looked great at the exhibition, hopefully will look good on print too.
                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                  Democracies are generally good for the country itself, it doesn't mean they don't do shitty things to other countries. Witness 9 out of 10 post World War II US foreign interventions as Case Study 1: Propping up and installing dictatorships everywhere, training terrorists to undermine democracies, so its hardly as if their democratic credentials make them automatically saints at foreign interventions.
                  Probably need a citation for the 1/10 you are implying was good

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                    Ugh, I clicked onto that fully expecting/intending to buy a print but just got bewildered and disheartened by how shit the website is and gave up.
                    This was a me problem.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                      Just saw an Aussie reg car in the school car park. Why would you even..?
                      Check yo PMs
                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Dom surely odds on favourite for City to put four past Fulham at home!

Comment

They offer the option of collection but don't tell you where from

Comment

Anyone here got a Huawei P20 Pro? Thoughts...
                            Her sky-ness
                            © 5starpool

Comment

So I want city to score 4 before Chelsea get 5, and score no more than 4 for the scoop. Seems plausible. Hopefully nothing mad happens in the early game, although if something mad meant that Liverpool scored 6 I'd be ok with it.

Comment

Random thought about the housing/planning etc conversation that has been going on...

I just saw where this rugby museum thing JP is trying to build in Limerick has been waiting for An Bord Pleanala to make a decision on it for a year, and they are not going to meet their own deadline for the decision due to a backlog of cases.

THERE are fresh delays to Limerick's International Rugby Museum, it was confirmed this Thursday. An Bord Pleanala has this week written to interested parties to the museum, backed by JP McManus to the tune of €10m, telling them that “due to a backlog of cases” at the authority, it w...

I'm ambivalent about the project but they're talking about ploughing 10 million quid into developing a site in Limerick city centre and they can't get an answer back on whether they are allowed to build it or not. We also had a complete debacle with that Apple data centre in Athenry stuck in planning hell for so long they just gave up on it.

What is actually the problem here, as in why does it take so long to get given or refused planning? Surely it couldn't cost too much money to say double or triple the number of people who make these decisions etc?

Comment

these are pictures of the paintings rather than screens of the art itself?

Might get a few for our new offices
                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                    So I want city to score 4 before Chelsea get 5, and score no more than 4 for the scoop. Seems plausible. Hopefully nothing mad happens in the early game, although if something mad meant that Liverpool scored 6 I'd be ok with it.
                                    Correct

Comment

It sounds like you guys have been extremely unlucky. That's such a dreadful position to be in, I feel for ye.

What can anyone even do with a person like that?
                                      Not an awful lot it seems. Other than move house.

We were over the moon in April when a For Sale sign went up, owner is trying to get rid of her. She threatens them and the agent any time they try to gain access to put it on the market.
                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                        Anyone here got a Huawei P20 Pro? Thoughts...
                                        A friend of mine got it during the week and is singing its praises. He sent me a video about it that I haven't watched but may be of interest:

He was particularly taken with the camera on it.

Comment

We were over the moon in April when a For Sale sign went up, owner is trying to get rid of her. She threatens them and the agent any time they try to gain access to put it on the market.
                                          Not a great time to be trying to move house either. Do ye own the place ye are in at the moment?

At least if the landlord is actively trying to remedy the situation there might be a bit of light at the end of the tunnel if ye hold tough.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                            They offer the option of collection but don't tell you where from
                                            No fixed abode, duh

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                              Check yo PMs
                                              Nothing since this morning?

Comment

Might organise a viewing for the craic

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                  these are pictures of the paintings rather than screens of the art itself?

Might get a few for our new offices
                                                  Pictures of the paintings as the paintings were on walls.

Website is shit! But menu on left. Grey area exhibition prints.
                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Pictures of the paintings as the paintings were on walls.

Website is shit! But menu on left. Grey area exhibition prints.
                                                    I really like this one:

SPOILER
                                                    Last edited by Keane; 14-09-18, 11:58.

Comment

Democracies are generally good for the country itself, it doesn't mean they don't do shitty things to other countries. Witness 9 out of 10 post World War II US foreign interventions as Case Study 1: Propping up and installing dictatorships everywhere, training terrorists to undermine democracies, so its hardly as if their democratic credentials make them automatically saints at foreign interventions.
                                                      Going back into the Cold War era doesn't help your argument, whatever it is.
                                                      Seems to be a doomed attempt at moral equivalency.

This is a good read. Kayroo would have a conviction before lunch imo.

Comment

Not a great time to be trying to move house either. Do ye own the place ye are in at the moment?

At least if the landlord is actively trying to remedy the situation there might be a bit of light at the end of the tunnel if ye hold tough.
                                                        Yeah, we own.

Probably I suppose, just feels like we're hanging tough a long time now.
                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

They are definitely in giveaway mode - PR-wise at least making it sound like that - going by the announcements I'm seeing in my twitter feed at the moment.

Some good stuff in there like investment in sports infrastructure for schools (separate Shane Ross slush fund for hockey pitches in South Dublin presumably) and what sounds like really good plans for libraries:

FG get a lot right in fairness.
                                                          Nice to see hatedajacks getting in on the action

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                            Nothing since this morning?
                                                            sent now.
                                                            no hurry just wanna catch the post office

Comment

A friend of mine got it during the week and is singing its praises. He sent me a video about it that I haven't watched but may be of interest:

He was particularly taken with the camera on it.

I left tesco and went 31 day contract with eir for 15 quid.

Tesco now finally have 4g can get phone for 100 e up front. Think about 800 sim free but just fucking thoughts of a 2 yr 50 e per month bill
                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                I left tesco and went 31 day contract with eir for 15 quid.

Tesco now finally have 4g can get phone for 100 e up front. Think about 800 sim free but just fucking thoughts of a 2 yr 50 e per month bill
                                                                Yeah that's the plan he went for. Said he was paying €35 a month already so didn't mind the extra €15 too much. He's into his phones.

Comment

Might organise a viewing for the craic
                                                                  Jaysus, Lazare would definitely be packing his bags if you bought the place.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                    Jaysus, Lazare would definitely be packing his bags if you bought the place.
                                                                    Could hardly be any worse than having Solks dragging the area down tbf

Comment

Comment

Yeah that's the plan he went for. Said he was paying €35 a month already so didn't mind the extra €15 too much. He's into his phones.
                                                                        I finished a 2 yr contract in July and swore never again. Wouldn't mind I have an S8. But fast charge won't work anymore and a slight crack on top corner of screen but phone working perfect. I just love shiny new phones lol.
                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Eoghan Murphy spent more time trying to "sweat down" the apartment standards to make it more profitable for builders to build than actually getting anything built. He has said that any state lands used for housing developments must be 40% affordable housing, Why only 40% if this is state land? Why not 100%

FFS I'd rather have the chinese come in and Belt and Road us up a few towns with subway connectivity before eoghan Murphy selling off our land for the enrichment of private individuals.

What's more, he thinks 320k is "affordable".
                                                                          Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

I always distrust the use of fancy general use terms (moral equivalency) rather than actual arguments in an argument <- I term this distrust Zod Equivalency.
                                                                            Can't wait for the "play the ball, not the man" honking to reply to this.

Comment

Could hardly be any worse than having Solks dragging the area down tbf
                                                                              but I'm not as bad as my sister who lives right next door to him.

Comment

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

making a list of things i want sent from home so far ive got

chicken/oxtail cup of soups
                                                                                  mega meanies
                                                                                  monster munch
                                                                                  waffles
                                                                                  tea bags
                                                                                  club milks
                                                                                  hunky dorys buffalo
                                                                                  rich tea biscuits
                                                                                  pot noodles

what am i missing that can be sent through the post ? im sure im missing lots of stuff king/tayto prob obv but not fussed about them.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post

mega meanies
                                                                                      monster munch
                                                                                      waffles
                                                                                      tea bags
                                                                                      club milks
                                                                                      hunky dorys buffalo
                                                                                      rich tea biscuits
                                                                                      pot noodles

what am i missing that can be sent through the post ? im sure im missing lots of stuff king/tayto prob obv but not fussed about them.

Save space for other stuff and order from https://barrysteashop.ie/ if you're a tea drinker.

Comment

mega meanies
                                                                                        monster munch
                                                                                        waffles
                                                                                        tea bags
                                                                                        club milks
                                                                                        hunky dorys buffalo
                                                                                        rich tea biscuits
                                                                                        pot noodles

A bucket of apples.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                          Save space for other stuff and order from https://barrysteashop.ie/ if you're a tea drinker.
                                                                                          i have no idea what other stuff my mind is blank and googling hasnt really helped at all

Comment

i have no idea what other stuff my mind is blank and googling hasnt really helped at all
                                                                                            20 Major/JPB missing from that typical expat list.

Comment

Random thought about the housing/planning etc conversation that has been going on...

I just saw where this rugby museum thing JP is trying to build in Limerick has been waiting for An Bord Pleanala to make a decision on it for a year, and they are not going to meet their own deadline for the decision due to a backlog of cases.

THERE are fresh delays to Limerick's International Rugby Museum, it was confirmed this Thursday. An Bord Pleanala has this week written to interested parties to the museum, backed by JP McManus to the tune of €10m, telling them that “due to a backlog of cases” at the authority, it w...

I'm ambivalent about the project but they're talking about ploughing 10 million quid into developing a site in Limerick city centre and they can't get an answer back on whether they are allowed to build it or not. We also had a complete debacle with that Apple data centre in Athenry stuck in planning hell for so long they just gave up on it.

What is actually the problem here, as in why does it take so long to get given or refused planning? Surely it couldn't cost too much money to say double or triple the number of people who make these decisions etc?
                                                                                              ABP say the problem is they are significantly understaffed at the minute and they have recently been landed with additional responsibilities suvh as strategic housing development aswell. Nothing large scale gets decided within the 18 week window anymore, we tell our clients that it'll be a min of 6 months. To be a board inspector you need a min of 5 years planning so not a lot of those types floating about. I don't think I'd like to work in their or a council.

We may be currently working on a data centre which may have received an objection from mr apple objector sadly nothing to stop yhis happening in the current system

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                20 Major/JPB missing from that typical expat list.
                                                                                                haha, i guess it is typical but i think those are things i prob get a craving for the most, nothing like a cup of oxtail soup and bread and butter right before bed.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

We are nowhere near to becoming a Venezuela and never will be. Also, the use of the word seizing is over dramatic. I'm sure that you are aware that the people occupying these buildings are not looking to keep them and live in them for free. They are occupying them on a temporary basis as a means to highlight the issue. Real politics has has done jack shit for the people most in need over the past decade.
                                                                                                  Describing the illegal occupation of someone else's property as seizing is over dramatic? What alternative facts are you presenting Chairman Lao?

Ah sure the lads were only having a laugh and temporarily denying access to other peoples vacant property because they are working for a noble cause like...

I think the Venezuelan government used the same argument with Smurfit Kappa in Venezuela, where the staff were happy to stay coming to work merely because there was affordable food in the canteen.

I'm just poking a bit of fun at Brian above.

My post was actually about the promotion of the idea that the state should in some way compel the owners of vacant sites to use them in a certain way or hand them over. The details of the current protesters and their methods are just noise and distraction. I agree with the idea of a vacancy tax and a compulsion to maintain property and a significant increase in property taxes to encourage downsizing and to dampen down the urban property markets.

BUT if the state wants to acquire properties let them pay for them, any other approach is dangerous fantasy.

Of course that will distort the market for the people trying to look after themselves. Therefore the state has to address the supply side for both the homeless folk and the regular working people trying to put a roof over their own heads.

This takes time, planning and a broader housing solution. Could it be done quicker? Yes. Are there any votes in working to reduce planning delays and/or addressing bottlenecks in the system? Currently No, because the people concerned about the homeless don't seem to vote for parties/individuals who are making sensible incremental progress but the advocates of simple to chant solutions...It's depressing really as there are so many poverty traps and stupid dead ends being promoted at present that merely treat the symptoms but won't cure the patient.

By the way the economy is going very well, unemployment has fallen significantly and we still can't balance the books. We have the highest level of debt per capita in the EU and Brexit is around the corner. We have a rollercoaster of boom and bust ahead of us for years to come because we continue to repeat the same mistakes. Wait until interest rates rise and our biggest export market is in a recession....
                                                                                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

You're not spotting any inherent flaws between wanting every apartment to be the best possible apartment and then complaining about costs of apartments?
                                                                                                    Land costs are the biggest issue for private developers. The State has land, thus removing the costs on this. There is absolutely no reason with that in mind that affordable properties should be 320k. It's almost arbitrarily set at that to ensure a higher cost for the other 60% of developments.

Comment

Ah sure the lads were only having a laugh and temporarily denying access to other peoples vacant property because they are working for a noble cause like...
                                                                                                      the building had sat idle for 5 years prior.

Comment

I order tea by times but found a place here that does Yorkshire tea which is close enough. Not too much stuff I miss other than that, tesco garlic mayo maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                                          I order tea by times but found a place here that does Yorkshire tea which is close enough. Not too much stuff I miss other than that, tesco garlic mayo maybe.
                                                                                                          yeah tea is def the big one, they have english breakfast tea here that just isnt close to anything from home at all. the other stuff i could live without but will still get some sent over.

Comment

mega meanies
                                                                                                            monster munch
                                                                                                            waffles
                                                                                                            tea bags
                                                                                                            club milks
                                                                                                            hunky dorys buffalo
                                                                                                            rich tea biscuits
                                                                                                            pot noodles

Kimberly Mikados and Dairy Milk

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                                              ABP say the problem is they are significantly understaffed at the minute and they have recently been landed with additional responsibilities suvh as strategic housing development aswell. Nothing large scale gets decided within the 18 week window anymore, we tell our clients that it'll be a min of 6 months. To be a board inspector you need a min of 5 years planning so not a lot of those types floating about. I don't think I'd like to work in their or a council.

We may be currently working on a data centre which may have received an objection from mr apple objector sadly nothing to stop yhis happening in the current system
                                                                                                              It seems like training up and/or hiring a shitload of people for ABP would be the ultimate bang for buck measure!

Comment

yeah tea is def the big one, they have english breakfast tea here that just isnt close to anything from home at all. the other stuff i could live without but will still get some sent over.
                                                                                                                Decent sausages! Shipping them is obv not viable but man.... there is a massive gap in the market here for a decent sausage.
                                                                                                                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                                  Decent sausages! Shipping them is obv not viable but man.... there is a massive gap in the market here for a decent sausage.
                                                                                                                  100% pudding and bacon also here is severely lacking, sausage's are closer to bratwurst or something, the bacon usually just comes in one big lump and have to cut it yourself but its not the same

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                                                                                    You're assuming that 40% of those 9891 people in Ireland
                                                                                                                    1. want to live in Dublin
                                                                                                                    2. want to live in those particular places in Dublin
                                                                                                                    3. will be accepted in those areas in Dublin they are being moved to
                                                                                                                    You are assuming that just because 5 generations lived within 100 meters of each other that this generation won’t be able to navigate the bus routes to go a few miles to visit.

Will the parents be accepted into the new community. Depends on if they are someone who needs the support because life gave them a shitty roll but do try to contribute or they are a total scrote. In Lazares case previous tenants or current tenant.

If they are shitty people than only a shitty community will accept them. Best to break those communities up for the kids sake. Obviously serious nimbyism would come into play if they were my neighbours.

Comment

It seems like training up and/or hiring a shitload of people for ABP would be the ultimate bang for buck measure!
                                                                                                                      During the old celtic tiger they hired a load of scottish inspectors who got paid mileage/expenses from the moment they left their door in Scotland until they had carried out their reports here and back. They were getting paid silly money

Comment

Chairman Lao and the Zod Equivalency.

It has been a good day's work.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                                          Eoghan Murphy... has said that any state lands used for housing developments must be 40% affordable housing, Why only 40% if this is state land? Why not 100%

".
                                                                                                                          so you would prefer that all people who qualify for social and affordable housing people are grouped together in high density low developments out of sight of the others.

It's shocking how prelevant that kind of thinking is amongst supposed progressives.
                                                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X